Awoo.

"Tales of" series (News,Discussion,Etc.) - News in OP

Solkia

I like what the gameplay looks like. It looks really cool.

But yeah the mouth animations are pretty bad... Could be worse though. The Naruto UNS games have pretty terrible lip syncing as well.

Is... Is Mikleo voiced by Scott Menville? On one hand that's awesome, but on the other hand why didn't he voice Lloyd in Dawn of the New World

Speaking of DotNW, I really enjoyed it! The final boss was pretty tough though. Took a couple tries to get him. And yeah, I got the best ending. I thought the ending was better than the original game's ending, though ToS was better in pretty much every other aspect, hehe.

• 1 month later...

http://gamestalk.net/toz-85/

Tales Of Zestria is getting an anime!

Really bad google translation of the article:

[update Yes] "Tales of Zesutiria" new TV anime in 2016 published! ? ─ "guru of the journey is more than Zesutiria"

2015/06/07 | category: Other

[update 2] 

There was a formal announcement from the official Twitter account of ufotable."Tales of 20th Anniversary Animation" and are entitled, hero sleigh of Zesutiria have posters also been published that are standing in the center.

[update 1] 

from the event participants is not necessarily the new anime of "Tales of Zesutiria" is? Also opinion that. According to it, the "formal character Tales works of 20th is animated. Zesutiria To also not out one letter," "PV also the video of XILLIA and Xillia 2. To be exact including X → X2 → Z (new character thing was a deployment of video flows sequentially "of). In addition, when Mr. Onosaka was asked as "No Zesutiria is animated?", Moderator seems to have been a response of feeling "Well?". Anyway "Zesutiria" remarks absolutely without having to affirm, he stated that animated, we reported that felt like was Hagurakasa.

However, the 20th anniversary work of Tales is "Zesutiria" If you receive the report Street, is still likely to be the fact that animated the "Zesutiria". We then you have suggested clearly the "Zesutiria" also catchphrase. To seem today 21 sometimes official site is no doubt to open, will truth becomes immediately apparent in conjunction with media articles to be lifted at the same time.

[Original article] 

in the "Tales of Festival 2015", seems to be announced new TV animation of "Tales of Zesutiria". Production is worked is ufotable, published in 2016. Catchphrase "journey of guru is, more than Zesutiria ...". New character also seems to appear. It should be noted, is scheduled to open today is 21 at the official site

Now, the game sucks but has the reception to the plot of the game been good? If so then I will get hype for this anime adaptation, potentially getting to experience the story without the bad game attached to it

...So is Tales of Zestiria basically Tales of 06 or something?

I thought that was Tales of the Tempest.

Seriously, though, come on guys. The U.S. doesn't even have the game yet. We had one Tumblr post that raised some probably more-or-less legitimate points (and I get the Alicia thing even though I didn't pay any attention to it), but it seems like it's jumping the gun a bit to dismiss the game as garbage already. In fact, it was overall pretty well-received in Japan even if there were some issues. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Graces, Xillia, and Xillia 2 all have weak importer impressions before receiving fairly positive reviews once they came to the West? I think it's too early to say Zestiria's goose is cooked.

• Thumbs Up 2

...So is Tales of Zestiria basically Tales of 06 or something?

I thought that was Tales of the Tempest.

Seriously, though, come on guys. The U.S. doesn't even have the game yet. We had one Tumblr post that raised some probably more-or-less legitimate points (and I get the Alicia thing even though I didn't pay any attention to it), but it seems like it's jumping the gun a bit to dismiss the game as garbage already. In fact, it was overall pretty well-received in Japan even if there were some issues. Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Graces, Xillia, and Xillia 2 all have weak importer impressions before receiving fairly positive reviews once they came to the West? I think it's too early to say Zestiria's goose is cooked.

Are you referring to that one massive Tumblr post that took everything out of context and made numerous assumptions? It had SOME good points, but most of it wasn't explained very well at all, and later on I read more accurate translations of various plot points and most of them actually made a lot of sense in the context of the storyline.

That said, in the anime trailer,

There's a new male character in the trailer. I highly suspect that this new addition may in fact be a new character who will be added to the Western release of the game, and Alicia will permanently rejoin as well so at the end of the game there's an even number of male and female heroes.

Anyway, I think Tales of Zestiria will be at Sony's conference at E3 and it'll get another western trailer.

So a situation like Abyss? I mean I'm cool with that but I'm sure stuff like that will rustle some Japanese Jimmies.

Nah, Tempest is Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Double post for a flash news: Tales of Zestiria is indeed coming also on PS4... and PC/Steam, of all things.

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/tales-zestiria-announced-ps4-pc-release-date-set

US/Europe release date: October 16 for PS3/PS4, October 20 for PC/Steam.

If one of my friends takes it on day one, i'll borrow his copy; otherwise, i'll take it once it will be on PSN sale.

I wonder if this will lead on more Tales games being released on Steam.

Might just be because other people kept saying it would be, but I was under the assumption that the PS4 version would be the "F" (or directors cut) version of the game whenever it released.

Any f/director's cut edition of the game better come with that DLC at no extra cost and attempt to fix the camera. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well this came out of nowhere. I wonder if namco is going to start porting all the tales games to steam?

Well, let's hope this is what they need to finally localize the updated version of Vesperia. I'd buy that.

Symphonia on PC? Neat! I just hope it's not 30 fps. 

Hopefully this means PC would get Vesperia, Abyss, and Eternia eventually. I've always wanted to try out Eternia.

Symphonia on PC? Neat! I just hope it's not 30 fps. 

Hopefully this means PC would get Vesperia, Abyss, and Eternia eventually. I've always wanted to try out Eternia.

Even if it's not 60 FPS at the start, people will either find it in the ini file or mod it in. 

The PC port apparently is based on the PS3 version which is based on the PS2 version which ran at 30 fps.

Oh hey guys I BEAT TALES OF XILLIA

It was awesome. Also the plot somewhat reminded me of Tales of Symphonia, TBH.

I'm in chapter uh... 8 or 9 in Xillia 2 now. Debt system's a bit annoying, but I'll manage. Also the train part at the beginning... The dead kids kind of disturbed me. D:

• 1 month later...

Double post OOPS

I beat Xillia 2! Twice, actually, did a NG+ and got the three other endings (I got the bad and normal endings on my first run, and got the true, debt and cameo endings in the NG+). The game was so good, omg.

Also I'm playing Vesperia and I just met a guy named Duke. THE PLOT THICKENS. Quite like this one too, it's more like Symphonia than the Xillia games.

I didn't care for Xillia 2's story all that much. The main problem I see with it is that the overarching storyline involves mechanics in the game that were never even hinted at in Xillia 1, and kinda totally retcons numerous things from Xillia 1 and really portrays a very bleak future after the ending of Xillia 1.

Just imagine this for a second; imagine that the overarching stoyline of Xillia 2 (

with the fracture dimensions and everything

) was still canon, but the events of Xillia 2 did not happen. Now look at Xillia one, where none of those things were hinted at.

Xillia 1 portrays such a good ending, but, oh wait, because of this story element we never heard of, the world is going to end no matter what we do.

Yeah... I also dislike how certain characters were portrayed in Xillia 2 (Gaius), and dislike how Xillia 2's development caused them to rush the ending of Xillia 1.

Although, to be fair, the ending of Vesperia is extremely rushed as well. Seems like a common thing for Tales games, huh?

Still good games overall, just some frustrations.

• 5 months later...

So, guys: remember that there was going to be a PC version of the first Tales of Symphonia? You know, the one that was also promised to those who pre-ordered the PC version of Zestiria?

It came out these days, and turns out it's a steaming pile of a shitty mess. Not since the first Dark Souls did Bamco screwed around so much with a PC port.

The only hope is that it will be fixed asap and the next PC ports will actually be checked before being released.

EDIT: 2 things:

*Bamco has already released a patch that seem to fix part of the problems (mostly the different languages errors) but not everything

*Mr. Durante (the guy who saved on day one the PC port of the first Dark Souls plus a couple of others) managed to find a way to unlock better resolution options in the lenghty frame of 14 minutes, 8 of wich were spent on watching videos of the game. Goes to show how lazy the developers must have been.

why is porting ToS SO FUCKING HARD!? The PS3 version ran at 30 FPS and now this pile of shit. I don't get it. Game's over a decade old.