Awoo.

"Tales of" series (News,Discussion,Etc.) - News in OP

Solkia

Xillia just seemed....lacking compared to the previous Tales Games.

I was originally hoping the Chimiriad would be fun to battle, but their freaking wimps compared to the 6-God Generals in Abyss, they didn't even have their own theme music.

And seriously, every time they try to make the combat better in the Tales games, the enemies and bosses just get easier and easier. Speaking of enemies and bossess, I wish wish they would stopped reusing the same monster models from Abyss and Vesperia already, those monsters were already the weakest in the series, they didn't have to keep copy-pasting them in every damn title.

And they had the nerve to not have any Tales Cameo battle in this too, for shame Bamco. At least the sequel kinda approves on the first games faults, or from what I heard at least.

Xillia just seemed....lacking compared to the previous Tales Games.

I was originally hoping the Chimiriad would be fun to battle, but their freaking wimps compared to the 6-God Generals in Abyss, they didn't even have their own theme music.

And seriously, every time they try to make the combat better in the Tales games, the enemies and bosses just get easier and easier. Speaking of enemies and bossess, I wish wish they would stopped reusing the same monster models from Abyss and Vesperia already, those monsters were already the weakest in the series, they didn't have to keep copy-pasting them in every damn title.

And they had the nerve to not have any Tales Cameo battle in this too, for shame Bamco. At least the sequel kinda approves on the first games faults, or from what I heard at least.

The God Generals are insanely EASY on the final battle. They barely got any harder at all. Yeah, Mystic Artes hurt, but that's about it. The first couple of times they were wicked, but by the end of the game they were just so easy... even the final boss of Abyss was incredibly easy, too. Not even Arrieta's final battle, what with her having two allies again and all, was really all that hard.

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_mte3bdIU441rzz0n8o1_500.png

tumblr_mte3bdIU441rzz0n8o2_500.jpg

Tales of Syphonia: SD vs HD

Bleh. Part of the charm of ToS was the celshaded outlines.

I hope it at least plays at 60fps outside battles again.

Hm, I actually like how the HD screenshot looks. The game looks so much cleaner now, it's kinda amazing.

Yeah I like how much clearer it is, the hair and the eye irises look better too.

I only wish that they'd touched up the outfits a little more through, maybe so that the belts aren't merged into the cloths or something.

For me, it's like how some people felt about Wind Waker HD. It's a beautiful remastering, but it's losing some of it's original charm in the process.

Anyways, I already posted this on Tumblr, but I kind of wish the Tales team would scrap both free run mode and the lmbs, and just make free run the main control scheme.

Yeah, it’d probably make Demon Fang hard to pull off, but it’s not like Demon Fang was useful to begin with.

For me, it's like how some people felt about Wind Waker HD. It's a beautiful remastering, but it's losing some of it's original charm in the process.

Anyways, I already posted this on Tumblr, but I kind of wish the Tales team would scrap both free run mode and the lmbs, and just make free run the main control scheme.

Yeah, it’d probably make Demon Fang hard to pull off, but it’s not like Demon Fang was useful to begin with.

Not really. Just have the character turn to your target when performing an attack.

I agree that it'd be better being able to freely run by default, but Free Run Mode is still a huge improvement over no free run at all. Maybe one reason they don't want to do this is because the series has always had the linear running by default and removing that would make the games closer to Star Ocean...

Granted, even doing this they would still be unique enough on their own. Star Ocean games tend to have specific quirks the Tales games don't, and visa-versa, despite their similar roots.

Demon fang is extremely useful, where have you been?

But seriously though I agree while the game does look better I kind of like the original cel shading better. Also, I actually kind of like the system that tales has going now with the free run mode and stuff it makes staying on one plain of the field easier and it allows for the combo variations too (sides if we didn't have it we would be limiting the amount of artes we could use) sides the less similarities to star ocean this game has the better, I played 3 and hated it with a burning passion.

Can't believe I didn't mention this.

Tales of Zestiria has been trademarked in both Japan and the U.S. Looks like that may be the next title in the series.

It's pretty crazy all these Tales games getting localized all of a sudden.

There probably won't be any info till next year.

I wish they would give Phantasia the Tales of Destiny R treatment with more high quality sprites and a much faster combat paced.

I mean no offense to Phantasia, I will still love it, but by now I was hoping for something a little different.

l_5242ec44021cd.jpgl_5242ec44ae39c.jpgl_5242ec45cb064.jpgl_5242ec45daa62.jpg

ToS Chronicles: Raine and Regal Cut-ins and Costumes (Pascal and Malik from Graces f)

What an... odd choice for Raine's costume. Regal looks cool though.

Glad to see Regal with his GOOD Mystic Arte back, they butchered him with that pathetic Final Fury, shoot I hated all of DotNW's Mystic, too much cinamatic crap.

• 3 weeks later...

They renamed it. They do this shit all the time.

Admittedly, I thought Terminus Pride was a better name than Expendable Pride, but this is just silly.