Awoo.

"Tales of" series (News,Discussion,Etc.) - News in OP

Solkia

First there's no dub which people automatically bitched about without actually stopping to fucking consider WHY there's no dub this time, so that'll inevitably impact sales knowing this goddamn fanbase.

And then Type-0 gets a localization announcement making Hearts R fade into irrelevancy once again.

*sigh* We probably aren't getting Innocence R.

I think the reason why there isn't going to be a dub is because they know vita sales aren't too great here and that they would probably wind up losing more money in the long run if they decided to dub it. While it is a bummer that its not getting one its not really a deal breaker for me and if the game gets to come out earlier as a result I think its a fair trade off.

Just a reminder that IGN is gonna show off Tales of Xillia 2 live at 3pm PT, which is 11pm GMT as well. Also, the skits in Tales of Zestiria is like Tales of Graces...good.

l_5396fd8444961.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn_mode=comments&fn_id=1274

In addition, a short, subtitled trailer for Tales of Zestiria was shown to the audience. In a scene where Mikulio talks to Slay, the subtitles termed his name as "Sorey."

This is his English name.

I cannot even begin to imagine what they were thinking.

Also Tales of Hearts R comes out November 11.

In addition, a short, subtitled trailer for Tales of Zestiria was shown to the audience. In a scene where Mikulio talks to Slay, the subtitles termed his name as "Sorey."

are you fucking kidding me.

"Sorey" sounds strange as hell. Also, isn´t "Sorey" the way it´s pronounced in japanese? 

I'm hoping it's just a typo.

Nope. IGN also typed it like that in their preview of the game.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/06/26/tales-of-zestiriaas-secret-weapon-is-fusionic-chain

As human hero Sorey fights side by side with the ethereal Tenzoku characters in his party, he and a Tenzoku are able to merge together, granting special skills that cannot be used individually.

Yeah...that's a really strange name. Is it pronounced like "sorry" or "soray" I wonder.

are you fucking kidding me.

"Sorey" sounds strange as hell. Also, isn´t "Sorey" the way it´s pronounced in japanese? 

Isn't his Japanese name Slay? I dunno how you'll pronounce that as "Sorey".

Also it's nice to see others finally post here. This thread was dead for quite a while.

Isn't his Japanese name Slay? I dunno how you'll pronounce that as "Sorey".

Also it's nice to see others finally post here. This thread was dead for quite a while.

That´s the correct translated name I think. His japanese name is スレイ, which in romaji would be "Surei" (which more or less is similar to "Sorey"). It´s pronounced the same way.

I admit I don´t know much about japanese, so I think I´m making things worse m(_ _)m

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope you're right, his Japanese name, even if it's romanized as "Slay", would be pronounced "Su-re-i" in Japanese and written as "Surei" in romanji. So "Soray" kiiinda works with pronunciation, if that's what they were going with.

That doesn't explain Shing's new name at all though, and I have no idea why they couldn't have just left it as "Slay". That at least looks similar to how his name sounds. Kor and Shing though? I couldn't even begin to wonder where that came from.

Really? "So-ray" is the localized name? Jeez...how does the localization team come up with stupid names like this. I wouldn't been content with "Surei" at least.

And I really hope Slay isn't the overly apologetic type as I'd feel thats too much of a coincidence to be closely and equally stupidly named "sorry". 

• 9 months later...

Oh man, this topic lost a lot of posts.

Well, Dual-audio being back is good to hear.

hue, "hear"

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice to finally get our first English trailer...

...but why is Mikleo now Lloyd?!

Oh good lord what is with those mouth animations? Did they use Mocap on late 80's animatronics?

Considering the game as a whole wasn't finished and was released anyways, I think it's a safe bet this is what we're getting.

Considering the game as a whole wasn't finished and was released anyways, I think it's a safe bet this is what we're getting.

I just don't get it, this is a development team that is used to making finely polished and finished JRPGs under just a year. How the hell is a 3 years in development game so badly put together with a camera system that doesn't work and those godawful mouth animations?

I refuse to believe it's because they didn't try, Baba and his team have proven more than once that they're passionate about the series and what it stands for.

I honestly want to know what happened during development, did Bamco pull a SEGA and force the developers to start over from scratch like in RoL?

It's the only explanation I can think of.

the Tales team lost a lot of their staff during the merge. 

That still doesn't excuse the piss poor writing (fuck you Baba I swear to god), but Tales team as well as the future of the series is probably in a bind.

But what about the Xillia games? Those were made after the merge and they're great games.

Huh, I just checked and you're right.

Then I guess it was just the staff cuts. Those must've been more recent.

So are you guys buying this game? Considering that Persona 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out this year, that's gonna be a no from me. Maybe when there's a gaming drought in 2016.

Not on day one, but i'll consider after hearing the western feedback. And in case, i'll probably buy when it will be on sale on PSN, just like i did with all the other PS3 Tales games i've played.

I'll probably get it day one if there is any pre-order DLC but to be entirely honest I don't have many high hopes for it not really because of the word of mouth but mostly because the last few games were pretty disappointing to me, I mean they were good but I feel as though they could've been a lot better and knowing that this is yet another rushed game makes me a bit disappointed in the tales studio.