Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

There appear to be a few bugs with the iOS version that might take a little bit of time to sort due to the way updating works. These bugs include;

-The Hill Top Zone boss not being accessible, although this doesn't affect progression since you can still complete the level.
-An Achievement that won't unlock.

-Hidden Palace Zone not being added to Time Attack mode upon completion.

-Reported stats sometimes being inconsistent in 2P vs mode.

These bugs shouldn't be present in the Android version, and the fixes are already being queued to be applied.

I believe this is all info from Sonic Retro, since the quote is off Stealth.

Edit: Yes it is.

Also Android version is out.

I'm interested what's Sonic from Sonic Advance 2 is doing in Sonic 2's Android icon...

The update should have a simplified version of the Japanese boxart with classic Sonic and Tails.

When's it coming out on iOS?

Out now in the UK, I just downloaded it myself.

EDIT

ITS HAPPENING AAAAAAAAAIODSVIOJ;SDGIJO;SDGJ

Glku1cq.jpg

holy shit this is so empty without 3&k now

Just got it myself. Its odd that the icon isn't a classic Sonic 2 one or box art like the Sonic 1 remaster. They are still using the Sonic Advance 2 pic with the modern Sonic. At least it is still the old icon on the NZ iOS store. Time to start playing and see what I find

...Ducking to avoid Mega-Mack in the Chemical Plant boss fight has been removed.

Considering it's a glitch, I should've expected it, but holy crap my face when I got hit and died there you have no idea

Playing it now....the special stage has had a but of an overhaul in the visual and framerate department. Taking some screens before I fall asleep.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, how are the Special Stages this time around? Is doing them with Sonic and Tails less of a hassle now?

I've got it too, the special stages are much fairer now. Having Tails with you doesn't make you need more rings, but he can lose rings. Controls are much better.

The infamous Mystic Cave pit is no longer a spike pit. It now leads to Hidden Palace.

Wait, what? That seriously happens now?

Wait, what? That seriously happens now?

Yup, no joke. Makes me actually wonder if that's what the pit was originally for...

*cough*spoilertags*cough* :/

Oh, hey Stealth.

First of all, I love you.

Second of all, tell Taxman I love him.

Third of all, everyone, listen to this man. Tag that stuff.

• Thumbs Up 5

All I can say is, Christian Whitehead will you marry me?

Wow, they really gave this game a big overhaul, everything seems to be improved! The special stages are a bit fairer now with tighter controls, and you can restart them.

There is an exploit where after you collect a Chaos Emerald, quit the game, then go back into that save, and you'll notice that you still have that Chaos Emerald even though you didn't finish the stage. This means you can get all of the emeralds in Emerald hill one by going to the same checkpoint over and over again.

*cough*spoilertags*cough* :/

Apologies for that, Stealth. Spoiler'd.

But seriously, thank you so much for all this. Hidden Palace even has level design on par to the rest of Sonic 2, you two should be VERY proud of yourselves.

...Oooooookay, I just ran into a glitch in Oil Ocean 2, had to restart.

Basically... the cannon shot me in the air and I went through the next cannon, up into the air with my controls still locked. I had no choice but to restart the act...

I'm a bit disappointed in Hidden Palace.

- It plays Mystic Cave 2P music

- There are no traces of the prototype level design

Yeah, the use of Mystic Cave 2P's track instead of the famous lost track kinda erked me too... however, I could care less about the proto level design. Most of it was pretty bad in the beta imo and this trumps it in every way to me.

Yeah, the use of Mystic Cave 2P's track instead of the famous lost track kinda erked me too... however, I could care less about the proto level design. Most of it was pretty bad in the beta imo and this trumps it in every way to me.

Oddly, the Lost Track is still there, still in slot 10, still unused.