Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

That all depends if the muck around Sonic 3 can be cleaned up.

That said!

I love HPZ's boss. It makes me hear this in my head:

Hmm, what do you mean by muck? the weird sequencing of stages?

Hmm, what do you mean by muck? the weird sequencing of stages?

He's probably referring to the presumed legal muck over the music. Why they can't just credit Jackson for his involvement in the original process and be done with it is beyond me.

• Thumbs Up 1

What kind of specs would we be looking at to get that app to work without any problems? Or is it one of those 'try it and see' kind of things?

That I'm not so sure. I think it's a "try and see" type of deal, but I have a low or mid-end gaming PC, and it seems to be running at full speed without any problems. My PC ranks as "5.2" (on a scale of 1 to 7.9) on the performance assessment score in Windows 7. I'd recommend downloading "Sonic CD Lite" (the free demo for Sonic CD) first, before downloading Sonic 1, as I don't think there's a demo for it. If it runs well enough on your PC, then you should be able to run 1 and 2 just fine.

That I'm not so sure. I think it's a "try and see" type of deal, but I have a low or mid-end gaming PC, and it seems to be running at full speed without any problems. My PC ranks as "5.2" (on a scale of 1 to 7.9) on the performance assessment score in Windows 7. I'd recommend downloading "Sonic CD Lite" (the free demo for Sonic CD) first, before downloading Sonic 1, as I don't think there's a demo for it. If it runs well enough on your PC, then you should be able to run 1 and 2 just fine.

So someone I know just tried this (living in the UK), they say they can't get it to work, looks like it's restricted to people living in the US?

They all laughed when I downloaded the shitty Sonic 2 port 2 years ago on ios

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW HUH!?

The people who didn't want pay $5.99 for it when it came out.

• Thumbs Up 8

So someone I know just tried this (living in the UK), they say they can't get it to work, looks like it's restricted to people living in the US?

"Someone I know".....sure Hogfather sure haha :D

The program works worldwide, the only problem could be a difference in store regions, or something? I've never used it, but I've also never heard of anyone being unable to due to geographical location.

The people who didn't want pay $5.99 for it when they came out.

He may have gotten it during the many many iOS sales Sega have done during its time on the market and paid much less. But yeah, $5.99 was very very steep >.<

That's odd, the App has locale settings for the UK, and can even be set to UK English for the language. I don't think it's American-exclusive, though it might give trouble installing for some.

The people who didn't want pay $5.99 for it when they came out.

R2F41pN.jpg

That would be implying that I actually payed for it

Oh my effin God, my body was not ready for this. Finally, we, the Sonic fans from old, will find out what mysteries lies inside the Hidden Palace! It's no longer in pages of a magazine from the 90's as a cheat code, is not longer a hack or mod, this is the real deal!

Now while we wait for tomorrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Bring that to consoles for the love of God, you already made so much good, Taxman, don't stop that streak!

By tomorrow, they mean when the store updates towards midnight tonight, right?

Either way, so FREAKING HYPE SONIC 2 YES. Guess that's my Sonic entry for the Holiday Gaming Awards!

Oh holy crap, it's only Thursday? Yes! I work nights and live nocturnally, so my days are always a bit mixed up. I thought that right now it was 1am Friday morning, which would mean I was working in the evening. But nope. It's 1am Thursday morning so I will be able to play this when it comes out! Hooray! Hurrah!

• Thumbs Up 1

What kind of specs would we be looking at to get that app to work without any problems? Or is it one of those 'try it and see' kind of things?

I imagine any i5 would do the job. I got it running on my i5-3317U.

I can try to get it running on an Athlon X4 750K if you want

Oh holy crap, it's only Thursday? [..] I thought that right now it was 1am Friday morning,

The game is due out today (Thursday 12th December). We just don't know when. Though if it's anything like last time, the first clue will be that the old game gets pulled from the market place. Then the new one goes live shortly after.

But to avoid anymore confusion. Game is out Thursday.

And I so wanna post this image now...

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping it follows the same release schedule as last time with Sonic 1. NZ iOS store got it ages before everyone else. Muhahaha *evil grin*

The game is due out today (Thursday 12th December). We just don't know when. Though if it's anything like last time, the first clue will be that the old game gets pulled from the market place. Then the new one goes live shortly after.

But to avoid anymore confusion. Game is out Thursday.

And I so wanna post this image now...

Wel if you won't, may I?

thursday.jpg

Yeah, I know now the game is due Thursday. I was thinking it was Friday, and that Friday was the 12th. Glad to be wrong.

Why is it that they refuse to port them to consoles too? I hate using touch screen controls for games like this, making Sonic 1's awesome remastering by Taxman unplayable to me, and more than likely Sonic 2's as well

I'd even buy the games on XBLA again (I have the port, but even if they have to release the remaster separately instead of updating the current port available, I'd still buy it)

Awesome about Hidden Palace, in other news I was reading one random review for the taxman/stealth version of Sonic 1 and saw this

If Sonic can't be played at its true speed then the game is just a disgusting perversion from a dev that was desperate to cash in on a popular title.

I've never read something so wrong before and their device is probably crappy.

I've never read something so wrong before and their device is probably crappy.

Pray tell, where did you read this?

So, are we going to wait another million years for the Android version again?

This isn't hardlight, we will be getting both versions same day ala how Sonic 1 did.

This isn't hardlight, we will be getting both versions same day ala how Sonic 1 did.

Oh if this is true then awesooome, I will actually have something to do at my job then.