Awoo.

Sonic 1 & 2 : Taxman & Stealth Edition; coming to iOS/Android, most likely consoles too ("BUY THESE" - Retro)

azoo

So I found this software called BlueStacks which allows you to use Android apps on a PC. I'm actually able to play TaxStealth's Sonic 1 at 60fps on my PC! You will have to make an account to download apps though, and yes, you will have to purchase apps via the Google Play Store. Also, there is no controller support for the software at the moment as far as I can tell, sadly; only the keyboard and mouse. The only way to use a controller on it is if you get software that will allow you to set gamepad buttons as keyboard keys, I think. Haven't tried that yet, though. So yeah, for those who don't have an Android device, and don't want to have to invest in one or an Ouya, but has a decently powerful enough PC, you'll be able to purchase and play TaxStealth's remasters of Sonic 1 and 2!

Download BlueStacks here:

http://www.bluestacks.com/

Make sure to click "DOWNLOAD" to the left for Windows, and the right for Mac OSX. Ignore the "CHECK OUT GAME POP" button.

Just install it, make an account with Google, then go to the Google Play store, set up your credit/debit info, etc., then download/purchase it and play.

Just tried it and it works really well on my Mac. Also tried it on my Windows laptop and it works great too!

Re: Hidden Palace

Whaaaa that's really REALLY strange that they didn't use the Unused track.  I hope we can get word from Stealth/Taxman about why that decision was made.

Lol, I found about BlueStacks almost a year ago and it already could lauch Sonic CD (and Sonic 1 when it was released) back then. I'm a bit suprised some people still don't know about it.

Just won the game with all Chaos Emeralds with Sonic & Tails and...

New ending sequence. Shows the Death Egg falling onto the Floating Island. Also after that short scene it shows Eggman jumping up and down ala Sonic 1 good ending but near some bushes, as Knuckles eyes fade in inside one of the bushes, kinda like the US Sonic 3 cover art.

Little hint at what's next for the team perhaps?

Hell yeah, can't wait for Sonic 3 remake. I hope it will be based on Sonic 3 Complete hack.

Just won the game with all Chaos Emeralds with Sonic & Tails and...

New ending sequence. Shows the Death Egg falling onto the Floating Island. Also after that short scene it shows Eggman jumping up and down ala Sonic 1 good ending but near some bushes, as Knuckles eyes fade in inside one of the bushes, kinda like the US Sonic 3 cover art.

Little hint at what's next for the team perhaps?

I find that rather odd since I always had thought that Sonic 2 takes place some time before 3 as opposed to directly being connected with it

I find that rather odd since I always had thought that Sonic 2 takes place some time before 3 as opposed to directly being connected with it

Nothing about the sound of this new ending suggests that can't still be the case.  I mean Eggman would've needed a few weeks to build Launch Base before Sonic and Tails thought to investigate Angel Island.

Really? The Death Egg landing on Angel Island immediately after Sonic 2 was always apparent. It's one of the biggest reasons why Sonic CD can't possibly take place between Sonic 2 and 3.

Think of it this way: Sonic 2 ends with Super Sonic and Tails on the Tornado, and Sonic 3 begins with Super Sonic and Tails on the Tornado.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoilers of Hidden Palace Zone and other stuff. In spoiler tag for obvious reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWFTWRa9T0g

• Thumbs Up 7

Removing the pit and adding Hidden Palace instead is the greatest idea ever. Good job, guys.

It´s really nice to see Mystic Cave fully compelted now. It´s a shame it doesn´t have the same music, though.

Anyways, the emerald breaking part was a nice touch, and Eggman´s orchestra is freaking hilarious tongue.png

I won't lie,

The music fits better than I thought it would, but still, what a missed opportunity to finally give that song life through an established context.

• Thumbs Up 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENzMMWGup8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUa8i543EfOp8bWg3mNzHYiA

I leave you with my playthrough of the game, I hope you enjoy it! This game has a problem connecting to HDMI Galasy 4 and the low game is at 15fps at least .... Between that and the Touch, it becomes very difficult to play .... Also went to the first, is not like they have not solved this

Really? The Death Egg landing on Angel Island immediately after Sonic 2 was always apparent. It's one of the biggest reasons why Sonic CD can't possibly take place between Sonic 2 and 3.

Think of it this way: Sonic 2 ends with Super Sonic and Tails on the Tornado, and Sonic 3 begins with Super Sonic and Tails on the Tornado.

Except,

The Japanese manual makes it explicit that 3 takes place at least a few days after 2. Sonic and Tails have gone home to chill for a bit and it's not until they're given reason to investigate that they head to Angel Island. They didn't fly straight from Sonic 2's ending to Sonic 3's opening.

And for the record the new ending doesn't contradict any of that; the Death Egg falls soon after 2, it and the island cause a tidal wave when they land, which Tails mentions as being a few days ago when it switches to his perspective.

Anyway it's pretty cool to see a finished HPZ in an officially-released game, as well as the other little nods and touches they've added in. But between there being no console version, and me already owning enough copies of Sonic 2, I don't see myself buying it, unfortunately.

Oh god, this glitch I just found.

I got grabbed by a grabber spider in Chemical Plant as Super Sonic, but instead of going up with it, I stayed ground level in the "grabbed" pose. Right now, I'm back to regular Sonic, the grabber exploded, I'm still wiggling inches above the ground and can't move at all. It's pretty damn hilarious looking at it.

http://sta.sh/015f3vgwdafa
Sorry for the crap quality. Used my webcam.

Edit: Just tried it again. One time thing, it seems.

Hot damn I didn't know this would be out today, that caught me totally by surprise. I just downloaded it and tried out some small things, nice to have all characters unlocked right away.

Soo....

how can I go about unlocking neat stuff? :P Any hints?

Hot damn I didn't know this would be out today, that caught me totally by surprise. I just downloaded it and tried out some small things, nice to have all characters unlocked right away.

Soo....

how can I go about unlocking neat stuff? tongue.png Any hints?

That part of Mystic Cave 2. Yes, that part. Try visiting it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just beat the game as Knuckles with all Chaos Emeralds and you get the same ending minus the eyes showing up. Bit tired now so ill do Tails alone and Sonic alone tomorrow to see if beating it with everyone does anything. All signs seem to point to no so far tho.

I've never been able to get all the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2 so let's see if I can do it this time (fuck the final special stage though seriously)

Final one isn't that bad to me apart from the freestyle sections and bombs appearing out of nowhere on the third section, but fuck the sixth one.

...actually fuck all the special stages in sonic 2 i dont know why im even bothering to get all 4 files as all-emerald runs

• Thumbs Up 5

That's right, Eggman. Go ahead and laugh at my death. You'll see.

Also, if you have all the emeralds and are still in Chemical Plant, turn Super Sonic and stand under the water. It looks WEIRD if you ask me.

Final one isn't that bad to me apart from the freestyle sections and bombs appearing out of nowhere on the third section, but fuck the sixth one.

Amen to that.