Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

Then why you compare two different engine and two different console. I say Shadow look bad. You say Generations look bad. Now you say we compare can't? Cowardice, comrade.

Yeah, don't mock the attempts of people who speak English as a second language. It's tacky as fuck.

• Thumbs Up 5

Nothing wrong with preferring the Adventure series. People lashed out, however, at you insisting Sonic 06 is a good game (being fun and being good are different things. I can have fun with things that are awful, and I admit I do), and furthermore, you trying to prove that 06 is a good game not by defending it but by attacking other games.

Your truth. But not i start to compare it. In any case, thanks all for such a warm discussion. xD

I'm still waiting for the reasons why this game is such a godsend. "It's good for my reasons" is not a rebuttal that works for me when it comes to this game.

Soon as possible. In future i make one project like Clement reviews where i tell everything about the game. And after you can find a reason for yourself.

Your truth. But not i start to compare it. In any case, thanks all for such a warm discussion. xDSoon as possible. In future i make one project like Clement reviews where i tell everything about the game. And after you can find a reason for yourself.

So you can't even give us a brief reason? Why are you hiding behind "I'll do it one day" so hard? Either you have nothing or you're just fucking with people.

Yeah, don't mock the attempts of people who speak English as a second language. It's tacky as fuck.

I'm glad you came and pointed this out, because I was seriously on the ropes about ripping Harlock a new one for doing that....Asdfghjkl... 

Friend, we just need a little reasoning to hold any sort of intelligent discussion here. Elaborate. Consider this a warm up for your Clement-style review. Help us understand why you think this way, because for the life of us we don't get it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Your truth. But not i start to compare it. In any case, thanks all for such a warm discussion. xD

No problem at all, I honestly don't think it was as bad a discussion as people seem to be painting it. Went nowhere fast, but wasn't any sort of flame war anyway.

I'd like you to try to explain me something I noticed, though, out of sheer curiosity. I noticed many of the members we have who most defend Sonic 06 and the tone that game had are Russian. Do you think there is a reason for that? Something about Russian popular culture, different from America's or Western Europe's? I'm honestly curious, here.

I'd hide under the fact I also speak English as a second language, but I do admit it was out of line. I'd like to think/hope there was no harm done, though, overall. Mefiresu, feel free to come jab at my language/culture any time smile.png Edited by Captain Harlock

Friend, we just need a little reasoning to hold any sort of intelligent discussion here. Elaborate. Consider this a warm up for your Clement-style review. Help us understand why you think this way, because for the life of us we don't get it.

Quoting this, because I've ran out of likes.

EDIT: By that I mean I second that there's no need to shout and scream at each other. All we want is for a decent explanation for your viewpoint, that's all.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Alright the running commentary on what's happening in the topic isn't going to make things any better than anything else in here.

If things can proceed civilly from here then by all means back to discussion, as for everything else drop it.

• Thumbs Up 3

So you can't even give us a brief reason? Why are you hiding behind "I'll do it one day" so hard? Either you have nothing or you're just fucking with people.

And what you wanna know why i so try defend 06 or else?

No problem at all, I honestly don't think it was as bad a discussion as people seem to be painting it. Went nowhere fast, but wasn't any sort of flame war anyway.

I'd like you to try to explain me something I noticed, though, out of sheer curiosity. I noticed many of the members we have who most defend Sonic 06 and the tone that game had are Russian. Do you think there is a reason for that? Something about Russian popular culture, different from America's or Western Europe's? I'm honestly curious, here.

I'd hide under the fact I also speak English as a second language, but I do admit it was out of line. I'd like to think/hope there was no harm done, though, overall. Mefiresu, feel free to come jab at my language/culture any time smile.png

Good question, and I think the answer is simple. Our thinking is different from the Western. We are more spiritual people. Probably so.

And what you wanna know why i so try defend 06 or else?

I just want to know how you make such a bold claim like this;

I know this game more than anyone on this forum, believe me.

and not even try to explain it with reasons except I'll do it like clement reviews.

Good question, and I think the answer is simple. Our thinking is different from the Western. We are more spiritual people. Probably so.

Now, with all due respect, I am a fairly religious person (amateur, but y'know) and I still don't understand. What bearing does this have on the discussion?

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma

I... don't think that answers much of anything, but got a good chuckle out of me. I can dig it. Remember to post your Clement-esque defense of Sonic 06 here when you make it. Just remember it'll be criticised harshly.

Fudge...after reading this topic, what Tails said in Heroes explains perfectly how I'm feeling now..."WOW, my head's spinning!"

I don't even know how one can defend a game like 06, just proves no matter how much hate something may get, there is always at least one person who will readily support and defend it, even if it's on baseless reasons.

just want to know how you make such a bold claim like this;

Okay, for starters, how many could be cutscene in game? And I wrote about it recently.

I don't even know how one can defend a game like 06, just proves no matter how much hate something may get, there is always at least one person who will readily support and defend it, even if it's on baseless reasons.

If by defend you mean insult games that everyone else likes to cover up for the fact that your game is shit, then yea. They defend the hell out of it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like Sonic Adventure 2, and I will readily admit it's not the best game ever made. It's not just the game itself that makes it special, to some people. It's the experience, the people you play it with, what have you. Playing 06 on my own was torment; playing 06 with my bro was one of the most memorable experiences I've had with a game.

Okay, for starters, how many could be cutscene in game? And I wrote about it recently.

What...does this even mean? I know about the lang. barrier and all, but, that's not a very detailed answer, sorry bro.

I'm confused...

Edited by AfroWarrior

Argh, two posts in a row that I want to like. Curse these quota limits.

- Denying that Mephiles is a complete and utter idiot taking into account his plan and all of it's convolutedness or making falsehoods about what he actually accomplishes

On the topic of Mephiles, I do like the concept of having a sinister character with evil intentions that can't be converted and tries to convert others to his cause. And I really liked is introduction in Shadow story(creepy walking animation) as well as the battle themes.

But Mephiles itself is a complete idiot and a lazy recolor. So I like the concept hate the way it was implemented.   

Edited by redhellc
  • Thumbs Up 3