Awoo.

Official Sonic 2006 topic

thedarkknight

I guess that just shows just how bad '06 is - the only way to defend it (outside of lying) is to exaggerate the weaknesses of other games instead of pointing out its (albeit few) strengths.

Sorry but i must say it.

Kill yourself together with atomic-fatty humans from Sonic Unleashed.

In Sonic 06 they don't look like soulless Pixar characters. They are don't scare players their appearance.

*Sonic never was a "cartoony" product for mentally retarded children.

As well as Final Fantasy, Sonic is Japanese product too. He is not worse than that FF series. Except for the nasty games in recent years like as Colors or Generations.

1. The kill yourself part was completely unnecessary

2. If you don't like the Unleashed humans, fine. But don't act like your opinion is the be-all, end-all of everyone elses.... Also, you think the Unleashed Humans were soulless? In comparision to the 06 ones...?

3. * Just... just... what is this, I don't even...

Edited by AfroWarrior

It would be possible if people didn't compare them yourself with each other.

This would be fair if this wasn't the 06 thread. People don't go on about how bad 06 was too often in other threads that aren't about 06 (mostly because we keep the 06 shit in this thread for a reason). People compare 06 to Colours and Generations with the latter two being more positive because of the negative impact 06 had to drive the games in a more cartoony and overall better received direction. But people will defend Colours or Generations on their own rights too. People don't seem to defend 06 on it's own rights, they seem to just bash the games that came after it as if it makes 06 suddenly better.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

I uh...like the music in '06... that's about it.

Oh yeah and the fleeting moment Sonic behaves like Sonic, pushing that Eggbot type thing with his tippy toes. :3 That's hella cute. :D

The rest? Blech. :( Do I need to post Clement's review again?! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

This would be fair if this wasn't the 06 thread. People don't go on about how bad 06 was too often in other threads that aren't about 06. People compare 06 to Colours and Generations with the latter two being more positive because of the impact 06 had. But people will defend Colours or Generations on their own rights. People don't seem to defend 06 on it's own rights, they seem to just bash the games that came after it as if it makes 06 suddenly better.

You mean what Sonic06 is bad than SA or SA2? Are you kidding?

I personally don't think so. S2k6 is a direct descendant of Adventures series.

And that makes it immune to criticism because....?

• Thumbs Up 1

Were the Adventure games even mentioned in his comment..?

I don't recall talking about the Adventure games?

Merely being a "spiritual successor" to the Adventure games doesn't guarantee quality, especially when those games are getting more and more poorly received and divisive as the years go by. The post-06 games are definitely divisive too, but overall are much more liked than 06, even though Unleashed had some really low review scores at the time (which in the long run don't mean shit).

Fuck off. If you say this shit one more time you're fucking out of here. We do not tolerate telling other people to kill themselves, much less over a fucking video game that has no importance in the grand scheme of things.

Please forgive me for being rude.

And that makes it immune to criticism because....?

Wow, do you think that this series has a flaw?

Dude. It's a opinion. OPINIONS are not immune to criticism. 06 was Unfinished and broken. Being a decendent of the Adventure games doesn't change that.  That is a fact. If you prefer the 06 humans, fine go ahead and like them. But telling people to kill themselves for liking a different game more than a game you like,is just wrong.(and kind of makes you sound a little looney.) I prefer Generations,Unleashed and Colors over 06 by miles.

But  I still respect that you like 06 more. But could i perhaps hear your reasons?

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Please forgive me for being rude.Wow, do you think that this series has a flaw?

I think the Adventure series is teeming with flaws. Sonic '06 is by far the worst offender of any game in the series. And being a 'descendant' of those two games is no defense at all.

The series in general? Yes, it does have flaws. A lot of them. Fandom doesn't blind me to quality believe it or not.

• Thumbs Up 9

A spiritual sequel of a series that I don't care for nowadays... so what? That doesn't tell me anything about its quality on its own.

Dude. It's a opinion. OPINIONS are not immune to criticism. 06 was Unfinished and broken. Being a decendent of the Adventure games doesn't change that.  That is a fact. If you prefer the 06 humans, fine go ahead and like them. But telling people to kill themselves for liking a different game more than a game you like,is just wrong.(and kind of makes you sound a little looney.) I prefer Generations,Unleashed and Colors over 06 by miles.

But  I still respect that you like 06 more. But could i perhaps hear your reasons?

I have many reasons but it will be long and tedious.

I think the Adventure series is teeming with flaws. Sonic '06 is by far the worst offender of any game in the series. And being a 'descendant' of those two games is no defense at all.

The series in general? Yes, it does have flaws. A lot of them. Fandom doesn't blind me to quality believe it or not.

Change Generation fans era, heh.

S1concept-HEDGEHOG.png

lel

CS_E_00.png

lul

CS_S_00.png

lil

Sonic 1 was just for make money. In game don't a was serious.

So you're going to just ignore the very first game that would DEFINE the series and character because it doesn't fit your point?!

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 8

Explain Sonic 2,3,CD,R,etc. 

Oh and saying "You have reasons, but won't tell" to me says to me either your lying and got nothing legit, or know your reasons are shit.

Sonic 1, the game that created the characters and setting, for making money?

...What about all the others then?

• Thumbs Up 1

List them, then. While you're at it, refrain from making comparisons with Sonic Unleashed, Colors and Generations; it won't do your argument any good.

• Thumbs Up 3

Explain the 4 games after that with the same style then.

Sonic never was a "cartoony" product for mentally retarded children.

I guess I'm one of those 'mentally retarded children' cause I like my Sonic games actually looking like Sonic games instead of a poor Final Fantasy reject. I also hate that alot of gamers this generations thinks games that are colorful, cartoony and vibrant is childish and bad and it needs to be all grimdark and mature to be consider good. It just makes them seem insecure.

Edited by sonfan1984

All Sonic games are just for make money. But second and third picture are from the Sonic 2. It was isn't serious game, true. But good game. Was franchise created back then. Lots of thought put into character. Invented them. Made them cartoony. You say they were never cartoony? I say, my friend, that's stupid.

So you're going to just ignore the very first game that would DEFINE the series and character?!

I not ignore. After Adventure era all change. Series has become stronger.

Oh and saying "You have reasons, but won't tell" to me says to me either your lying and got nothing legit, or know your reasons are shit.

Hehe, funny to hear it. I know this game more than anyone on this forum, believe me.

What? You mean change people who are fans of much greater quality?

Here's a hint; People who appreciate competence in the most important areas of a game tend to have more refined opinions. They don't scapegoat fans for their favoured game's shortcomings, they don't act like petulant children when criticism is levelled at their favoured game and they don't come out with outright bullshit to defend what they favor.

I not ignore. After Adventure era all change. Series has become stronger.

Yes, series become stronger, true. After great illness; illness known as Sonic 06. Sonic 06 is great game; it is terrible, and it is good that it is terrible, for it make Sonic Team work harder next game and go back to making good things.

• Thumbs Up 1