Awoo.

Plot Inconsistencies?

Kamakai

Are Knux or Robotnik snowboard enthusiasts?

Has Knux started an Angel Island tourism ring?

The answer to both of your questions is yes. How else does Knuckles pay the rent?tongue.png

Also, if Knuckles can ride a hoverboard (extreme gear, doesn't matter) and engages in the Grand Prix in his spare time, then why not a snowboard?

Edited by Blue Streamer

I just thought of another one, not sure if its a plot consistency but hey!

Ok, so in BOTH incarnations of Ice Cap Sonic comes across and uses a snowboard...well the ONLY people on the island are Knux, Sonic and Robotnik, and obviously Sonic didn't put it there, so who did? And why would they just leave it there? And not take it with them? Are Knux or Robotnik snowboard enthusiasts?

Also in the SA rendition, Knux again is the ONLY person on the island, and Ice Cap is ON angel Island...so why are there hot air balloons and I think a Ski challet at the end of the me level in the background? Has Knux started an Angel Island tourism ring?

Also apart from Vertekins explanation, in SA it was explained that tourists were going to Angel Island to snowboard so maybe a tourist dropped their snowboard?...and got buried in the avalanche.

I'm just imagining poor classic Knuckles and even Chaos in the past going all "wtf" when it happened.

How would Robotnik have stolen in in S3&K? Would he carry it away from Hidden Palace, shard by shard?

How would Robotnik have stolen in in S3&K? Would he carry it away from Hidden Palace, shard by shard?

Like this:

Zg4qg7q452-2.png

But in all honesty they just didn't thought that one through.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like this:

Zg4qg7q452-2.png

But in all honesty they just didn't thought that one through.

Wow. Eggman has a tan! cool.png

• Thumbs Up 1

What I find interesting about this, is we could probably define the orginal Shadow as an android.

He's actually referred to a biological android (or bionoid) in the Archie strip at one point. It's usually assumed androids are mechanical, though as your source itself says, a synthetic organism would fall under the definition as well.

I'm inclined to think he's probably a cyborg android. It's very likely he has some mechanical implements in his body as well as biological. Such as a metal-reinforced bone structure and muscle fibers or something of the sort.

Reguarding how easy they are to destroy (I didn't find them that easy), our good friend Omega states something along the lines of "Does not compute - Shadow android combat abilities infirior to the Shadow's- must be a defective unit." I can't find the actual quote, but it's something like that. Possibly the whole batch was faultly? The Shadow Androids seen in multi-player are certainly harder and closer to the real thing.

The androids do actually exhibt traits similar to Shadows - they'll match his jump acttacks, and their hand blaster could be seen as a form of primitive chaos spear.

I really don't get what Eggman was aiming at with them, though. They're basically just Metal Sonics if they had an organic-looking coating. They have none of his original powers or anything that's unique to Shadow barring his look.

I suppose it could be chalked up to how he was trying to reverse engineer Shadow, but he lacks his grandfather's biological expertise and instead the result was just a bunch of mechanical drones.

I mean we COULD say he didn't have the assistance of the Black Arms like Gerald did but keeping them out of this will make me very happy. Plus, it sounds like the Black Arms were what gave Shadow his chaos abilities and presumably augmented his lifespan/strength. He'd still be around without Black Doom probably, albeit as an ordinary hedgehog with nothing really special compared to what the final result was.

I really don't get what Eggman was aiming at with them, though.

Well, Eggman can't stick to blatantly mechanic-looking robots all the time. Look at the Tails Doll. (or, on second thought, don't.)

But I recall reading somewhere that the androids' inner workings are so complex, that they glitch in close combat often. Although, in Sonic the Fighters, we see "Rocket Metal" fighting just fine. It's a bit of a stretch to call STF canon, but there's something to ponder. Although it could have something to do with the generally fighting in groups in close proximity... My head hurts.

Well, Eggman can't stick to blatantly mechanic-looking robots all the time. Look at the Tails Doll. (or, on second thought, don't.)

But I recall reading somewhere that the androids' inner workings are so complex, that they glitch in close combat often. Although, in Sonic the Fighters, we see "Rocket Metal" fighting just fine. It's a bit of a stretch to call STF canon, but there's something to ponder. Although it could have something to do with the generally fighting in groups in close proximity... My head hurts.

Yeah, a lot of me thinks Eggman just tried to recreate Shadow, couldn't do it due to not having the biological knowhow or Chaos Emeralds on him, but rather than accepting defeat, just grafted a copy of Shadow's flesh onto a ton of robots. While we don't see blood, I think it's safe to assume that can be chalked up to the desire to keep the games kiddy than anything else. The Androids are very possibly cyborgs, created as a result of Eggman not wanting to accept the fact he couldn't one-up his grandfather's life's work...

Based on the two Shadow Android stories, non-canon as they are, it WOULD be possible for Eggman to put convincing flesh on top of metal. Lo and behold, the Shadow Androids are basically Terminators.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Yeah, a lot of me thinks Eggman just tried to recreate Shadow, couldn't do it due to not having the biological knowhow or Chaos Emeralds on him, but rather than accepting defeat, just grafted a copy of Shadow's flesh onto a ton of robots. While we don't see blood, I think it's safe to assume that can be chalked up to the desire to keep the games kiddy than anything else. The Androids are very possibly cyborgs, created as a result of Eggman not wanting to accept the fact he couldn't one-up his grandfather's life's work...

Based on the two Shadow Android stories, non-canon as they are, it WOULD be possible for Eggman to put convincing flesh on top of metal. Lo and behold, the Shadow Androids are basically Terminators.

Terminators, huh... Opens up a lot of oppurtunity for a story focused on Shadow and his Terminators... wink.png

Sorry guys thought of another one!

So in Spnic 1, 2, 3 & Knux, if you don't get all the emeralds you get the bad ending with Robotnik holding or juggling the emeralds or something. But in the games they are in the special stages, a whole different dimension!

How does he get them? Does he go into the special stage and rotate it/collect rings/get blue spheres himself?

As far as I was aware Robotnik didn't n is the special stages existed!

So in Spnic 1, 2, 3 & Knux, if you don't get all the emeralds you get the bad ending with Robotnik holding or juggling the emeralds or something. But in the games they are in the special stages, a whole different dimension!

How does he get them? Does he go into the special stage and rotate it/collect rings/get blue spheres himself?

I don't think Robotnik's really being in character there. I think he's juggling them to taunt YOU, the player, at your failure. Basically it's as if he, as an actor, is saying "Too difficult for you? Try again! Hohoho!"

I mean, that's how I would think about it.

You know all those robot Sonics that Eggman keeps buildling. What if the specific reason he builds those isn't just to be a late-game boss fight, but also to go into special stages and complete all those sneaker-wearing-animal-specific challenges.

On the whole Blaze thing.

Didn't Sonic Rush have a quote about when a world is in trouble, the emeralds call each other or something? This is why Blaze went in Sonic's world and Sonic going into Blaze's world.

...What if the future being in trouble caused the emeralds to call each other? This put Blaze in Silver's world. Now with Silver, she goes into the past to preven-

i give up

You know all those robot Sonics that Eggman keeps buildling. What if the specific reason he builds those isn't just to be a late-game boss fight, but also to go into special stages and complete all those sneaker-wearing-animal-specific challenges.

...this... actually makes a scary bit of sense. I like it!

They can match Sonic's capabilities pretty well. I presume Eggman just can't hope to complete the stages with his lower top speed (if better acceleration), or inability to roll into a ball.

...this... actually makes a scary bit of sense. I like it!

They can match Sonic's capabilities pretty well. I presume Eggman just can't hope to complete the stages with his lower top speed (if better acceleration), or inability to roll into a ball.

No need to roll into a ball, just throw him on his side and give him a good push; that'll get him rolling :D.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

No need to roll into a ball, just throw him on his side and give him a good push; that'll get him rolling biggrin.png.

With a mustache that magnificent, though, it'd surely catch on something. It wouldn't work!

But yes, overall I like this idea that his various robots harvest the emeralds for him if you don't.

...but what about Sonic 1 then? That's where the theory runs into a problem!

I don't think Robotnik's really being in character there. I think he's juggling them to taunt YOU, the player, at your failure. Basically it's as if he, as an actor, is saying "Too difficult for you? Try again! Hohoho!"

I mean, that's how I would think about it.

Yeah pretty much this, the bad endings are non-canon anyway and I'm pretty sure Eggman juggling the emeralds is supposed to be non-digetic, it's there to taunt the viewer, it's not part of the actual story.

Or we could go off Triple trouble and say that fang/Nack has been endlessly tracking them down and collecting them each time they disappear and selling them to eggman. The Chaos emerald Hunter!

Or he sends your average squad of Motobugs or whatever to get them.

Or we could go off Triple trouble and say that fang/Nack has been endlessly tracking them down and collecting them each time they disappear and selling them to eggman. The Chaos emerald Hunter!

One could hope. Now if only Sega hadn't decided to retire poor Nack. He'd make an excellent side villain. But I digress.

Given that Eggman has his armies everywhere, it kind of ruins the suspension of disbelief he doesn't already have the emeralds. Unless the Special Zones ARE already under his occupation, a la Sonic the Comic.

Or he sends your average squad of Motobugs or whatever to get them.

With how hilariously stupid his robots can be... I'm smelling a sitcom. Or runcom, as it might be.

One could hope. Now if only Sega hadn't decided to retire poor Nack. He'd make an excellent side villain. But I digress.

Well given there haven't been any game special stages since the classics where Eggman taunts you with the remaining emeralds (Heros doesn't do this) maybe that's why we haven't seen him? He got stuck in a blue sphere level and is now trapped forever running around a checkered globe !

With how hilariously stupid his robots can be... I'm smelling a sitcom. Or runcom, as it might be.

I can see AoStH Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts going through the special stages! THAT is funny! Edited by Jolt_TH

Well given there haven't been any game special stages since the classics where Eggman taunts you with the remaining emeralds (Heros doesn't do this) maybe that's why we haven't seen him? He got stuck in a blue sphere level and is now trapped forever running around a checkered globe !

Blue Sphere is a fate worse than death. It is still used in some countries as a form of torture... Poor Nack.

I can see AoStH Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts going through the special stages! THAT is funny!

In this case I request we have the Benny Hill theme - Sonic Remix. It's the perfect tune for any kind of dumb shenanigans.

==

Originally I was just with the idea that Robotnik and the emeralds aren't really canon and is just a way to taunt the player, but in retrospect having some sort of in-canon explanation for it might allow for quite a bit of comic relief. I'm seeing his robots getting an emerald only for Sonic to trash them moments after their crowning moment of victory...

Originally I was just with the idea that Robotnik and the emeralds aren't really canon and is just a way to taunt the player, but in retrospect having some sort of in-canon explanation for it might allow for quite a bit of comic relief. I'm seeing his robots getting an emerald only for Sonic to trash them moments after their crowning moment of victory...

Well that would be a HELL of a lot easier than getting 50 rings and then actually competing the spceial stage, i think this should be how sonic always deals with it :P

Indeed, and it worked for Dragonball Z.

===

In Shadow the Hedgehog you're tasked to destroy the President's escape pod in one mission. But the next mission he's shown to be getting out of it.

Possibly explained by the idea you destroyed a decoy but uhh... I think it's more just how poorly structured the levels and cutscenes were. Basically it just overwrites what you just did to continue advancing the plot.

Honestly, Shadow is a strong case of Never Say Die, despite the over-the-top grimdarkness of it all. You shoot G.U.N. soldiers, they're only hurt. You shoot down the president, he's just fine in the next level. You fire the Eclipse Cannon at a city, fucking obliterating it... and they claim everyone was evacuated.