Awoo.

Plot Inconsistencies?

Kamakai

I'm not even sure what you're suggesting now.

I'm suggesting there needn't be any explanation, be it story or retcon. It can be passed off simply as an inconsistency because continuity isn't an important part of the series.

or they could have redirected the ark towards the moon and added its mass to it. OR the laser was in fact an illusion, and the moon was NEVER destroyed in the first place

Re: the Moon. Perhaps Super Sonic fixed it a la Megas XLR? biggrin.png

Just wondering!

Re: the Moon. Perhaps Super Sonic fixed it a la Megas XLR? biggrin.png

Just wondering!

Well, it would make a for a comedic explanation if nothing else. Sega, make this canon in one of your interviews or something.

OR the laser was in fact an illusion, and the moon was NEVER destroyed in the first place

The sad thing is this would make some sense. The fact the tides didn't roflstomp every coastal region on Earth after that is suddenly explained. That and it explains why Gerald would have the ARK crash into Earth rather than just flat out nuke it (there's also the explanation it would kill any humans or human records aboard the ARK as well of course).

The moon sleep.png

2weystj.jpg

There's two moons in riders, maybe in SA2 there are three and Robotnik only destroys one.....

Earth has several "moons" anyway, maybe in Sonic's earth they're real moons.......fanon.....

• Thumbs Up 2

My Simple Blaze and Nega Theory:

Blaze is from another world.

At the end of Sonic Rush, Blaze tries to go home but ends up in Silver's time.

At the end of 06, Blaze uses the power of the Chaos Emeralds to seal Iblis within herself and travel to her own dimension.

Fanony stuff happens here that I wont go into because it's purely fanfiction rather than semi-educated guesses.

Rush Adventure happens

Nega is Eggman's descendant/clone/android duplicate/whatever his native home is Silver's future, he's just really good at jumping around the Multiverse. 

My head-canon would have had it the other way around, something like this:

06 Blaze tries to seal Iblis in her and succeeds.

Solaris is defeated, thus time is restored, and Silver and Blaze never existed.

However, Blaze is still technically sealed in another dimension, so the worst she suffers is memory loss and the removal of Iblis from her body.

That dimension turns out to be the dimension we see in Rush Adventure.

Now you are thinking: "What about Silver? Wouldn't he remember her?"

Well no he wouldn't.

Silver came from the future, thus when time was restored, the incarnation that we saw in 06 no longer needs to exist.

Thus instead, a new Silver without any of his prior memories (including Blaze) is born, and that's the one we see in Rivals.

And then later in Colors DS, they reunite, but only have a vague sensation of knowing each other from somewhere, and Generations Blaze starts to remember small bits and pieces of the world she used to come from, but not enough to really put the pieces together.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's two moons in riders, maybe in SA2 there are three and Robotnik only destroys one.....

Earth has several "moons" anyway, maybe in Sonic's earth they're real moons.......fanon.....

This... actually is kind of brilliant.

It would really explain a lot. Excellent way to tie them all together!

We don't really get a good view of the sky usually, so maybe there were other moons hidden behind the planet?

Granted, it is a design oversight that they don't include the half-destroyed Moon at some point elsewhere... but hey, at least we have something of an explanation.

I recall reading somewhere (I forget) that Eggman fixed the moon to make up for his grandfather's misdeeds (though he did a much more seamless job than he did in Sonic X). I might be wrong though.

This... actually is kind of brilliant.

It would really explain a lot. Excellent way to tie them all together!

We don't really get a good view of the sky usually, so maybe there were other moons hidden behind the planet?

Granted, it is a design oversight that they don't include the half-destroyed Moon at some point elsewhere... but hey, at least we have something of an explanation.

I think I made a joke somewhere that it was actually Little Planet that got blown in half, seeing as how the last time we saw of it, it was drifting aimlessly into space in Sonic 4 Episode 2. For all we know, Eggman could have been aiming at the moon, and Little Planet just happened to be mistaken for the moon and got caught in the crossfire in SA2.

I recall reading somewhere (I forget) that Eggman fixed the moon to make up for his grandfather's misdeeds (though he did a much more seamless job than he did in Sonic X). I might be wrong though.

If this is true I'd be interested in the source.

...really this just illustrates the tragedy of his genius if true. The man can piece a shattered celestial body back together yet is focused on something so petty as dominating the world.

For all we know, Eggman could have been aiming at the moon, and Little Planet just happened to be mistaken for the moon and got caught in the crossfire in SA2.

Well. A lot of the folks I know who dislike SA2 tend to like Sonic CD. This would probably explain why.

But if it WAS little planet, wouldnt it possibly cause a time/space anomaly due to the odd powers of the planet?

But if it WAS little planet, wouldnt it possibly cause a time/space anomaly due to the odd powers of the planet?

Wouldn't be surprised if the time/space anomaly was the Time Eater pre-robot mode. Eggman DID say he found it in space, and considering the penchant for super-mega deities to be hidden in every nook and cranny of existence in the Sonic universe, it would not surprise me in the slightest if the Time Eater was imprisoned inside Little Planet.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

Isn't the Time Eater a mass of Hyper-go-on or something?

Wow. We created more of a somewhat sensible continuity in ten minutes than Sega did in ten years.

Of course, to avoid drifting off topic too much...

The Heroes/Shadow Shadow clone thing. In Heroes, Omega says "You know about cloning. The original must exist somewhere." This implies they are all clones. But in Shadow's game, they are all androids instead. While I've heard Shadow called a biological android before, it's pretty explicit the ones in ShTH are mechanical ones. Why the sudden change? Isn't it kind of redundant, given that the whole idea behind copying Shadow would be to harness his immense power on a large scale? If Eggman just wanted mechanical copies, why didn't he do that from the start and create a Metal Shadow?

Come to think of it. Why an army of metallic Shadows and not an army of metallic Sonics? There's nothing special about robots, unlike clones.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Maybe the Time Eater was just festering there over the years/days/months after Little Planet was blown in half, but was still too weak to really be a threat, but then Colors happened and it got hit with Hyper Go-On energy and became more of a threat, but got hijacked by Eggman before it could really do anything.

No?

We never really learn anything about the Time Eater other than it can 'travel through time.'

I think the whole 'it's Hyper-Go-On energy' was just speculation.

Sooo, what about Sonic CD and Sonic 4 relationship?

In Episode 2 you see Metal Sonic in Little Planet during the bad future of Stardust Speedway. Did Sonic fuck up in CD and never saved Little Planet or something?

No?

We never really learn anything about the Time Eater other than it can 'travel through time.'

I think the whole 'it's Hyper-Go-On energy' was just speculation.

Ah, right. I recall reading it on TvTropes, so that might be why.

Besides, I thought that Little Planet looks nothing like a moon. I don't remember it being white/grey.

And I don't really see how destroying Little Planet = Eldritch Abomination.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Sooo, what about Sonic CD and Sonic 4 relationship?

In Episode 2 you see Metal Sonic in Little Planet during the bad future of Stardust Speedway. Did Sonic fuck up in CD and never saved Little Planet or something?

I'm going by the law of hubris and say that Eggman just pretended that the whole shtick was just Eggman fabricating his victory over Little Planet to make himself feel better (and to pull the wool over the eyes of the audience), but the whole revive Metal Sonic thing was the only legit part.

Ah, right. I recall reading it on TvTropes, so that might be why.

Besides, I thought that Little Planet looks nothing like a moon. I don't remember it being white/grey.

Well it was covered in metal from the failed Death Egg Mk. 2 plan, so it probably reflected the light of the sun which made it look like the moon from a distance.

I don't see a crack in the middle of the supposed D.E.M.II-looking-like-moon. And when it blew up I'm sure it looked less metally and more rocky.

(Also it is meant to be the moon because the Death Egg MK ii didn't exist back in 2001)

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Well that doesn't really count considering:

1. It's from a non-canon spin-off.

2. It got destroyed by the end.

3. It doesn't have Little Planet inside it.

I don't see a crack in the middle of the supposed moon-looking-like-D.E.M.II. And when it blew up I'm sure it looked less metally and more rocky.

(Also it is meant to be the moon because the Death Egg MK ii didn't exist back in 2001)

Disagree because as I have stated before, the Death Egg Mk 2 was created in Sonic 4 Episode 2, which is generally assumed to have occurred BEFORE Sonic Adventure, as did Sonic 4 Episode 1. Thus, unless Episode 3 proves me wrong (and assuming it even comes into fruition), I say that Little Planet ended up managing to drift/teleport/whatever it does for transportation back into the planet's orbit after the events of Sonic 4 Episode 2, and just had the misfortune of being in the crossfire of the Eclipse Cannon. Also, for the whole "giant crack", it probably was rotating throughout the time it was drifting through space, and the part we saw was simply it's fully covered side, not the cracked side. And finally, I'm pretty sure that Little Planet was made of rocks to some degree, probably far more rock than metal if anything, so we just didn't see the metal.

The Death Egg MK II literally COVERED Little Planet. I'd say that we'd see at least a little bit of metal during it's supposed destruction. And why don't we see a giant Eggman face anywhere on it (e.g. the moustace, the nose)? And why would Eggman, the man with an IQ of 300 not be able to tell the difference between the moon and one of his own creations?

To be honest you come across as grasping for straws trying to defend connections that aren't even there.

185px-Escape_sonic_friends.JPG

And the bottom looks NOTHING like the moon. If it were reflecting the sun's light, then where did the grey parts resembling the grey parts on the moon come from?

Re: HPZ, maybe the falling sky sanctuary fell on it and destroyed it?

And about the moon, maybe SEGA are tricking us by making us THINK they forgot, and in the next game we find out Eggman rebuilt the moon And put a secret base on it (like the egg moon, but a lot better camoflaged and has been working on a master plan in there for 12 or so years :P

Maybe like an army of Metals or something, way to Troll the fanbase :P