Awoo.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:: READ POST 11156/PAGE 558

HunterTSF

Meh, it's not that bad. I brought a Pinkie Pie pillow to school one day, because we had some sort of special dress-down day where we're supposed to wear pajamas and other various forms of school appropriate sleepwear.

You know you're the coolest person in school when you're wearing Pokemon pajamas, a Ghostbusters T-Shirt, and have a Pinkie Pie pillow.

Lucky you.

You don't know my High School it was pretty terrible, some schools over here don't have very liberal like minded students, mine didn't I can tell you that much, College wasn't that brilliant either but it was a step up from High School.dry.png

In College it was very "me against the world".

Universities the flood gates are open, that is one thing I did like about it when I was briefly there.

If we're talking about real-life brony encounters, I'll have to mention a very close friend of mine.

discord_cosplay_by_trueapocalypse-d545r15.jpg

He makes a good humanized Discord I think.

I've been bugging him about getting a real beard.tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 1

So I started writing my fanfic. I've written almost 2 chapters and so far, so good. Of course, I haven't gotten to the more complex stuff yet, but still, I'm proud of myself; all the characters are in-character so far! Then again, I've only really written for Sonic, Tails, and Twilight...

One thing I noticed about the Super Cider Squeezy episode is that, even though Flim and Flam left, they still technically owned the farm. So, ever since that episode, the Apple family has been trespassing on Flim and Flam's property!

• Thumbs Up 2

I was a big fan of this show, I somehow stopped watching episodes at the middle of season 2. I really need to catch up.

dogmadnit! spoilers! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuu

jk, Fluttershy always does things like that, that's why she is favorite pone.

Anyway...

xGanj.png

"Breaking the routine" edition.

Sweet, so what do we have today?

My Little Alicorn:

So...

I'm finding quite hard to channel Luna here, but other than that everything goes great.

It seems like this is also the chapter every single main character had a little breakdown, from Luna, Celly, Shinning, Douche, the group of foals whose names I could remember if this would get updated more frequently. :V

All we are missing is Cadence and whoever Luna is inviting (kinda pointing towards Rarity but I wouldn't mind an OC that gives Douche more back story).

Dunno why I'm not reading this now. I've recently gained more appreciation for the Royal sisters somehow, so I definitely should read this later. Putting this in my backlog right now.

The Vinyl Scratch Tapes: (Completed! Again!)

I'm not even reading the spoilers. Despite my discrimination towards fanon romance that's not Lyra and Bon Bon and my distaste towards OctaviaxVinyl shipping, I'm giving this a shot. I'm trying to make a comic series with Vinyl and Octavia and what better way to get some inspiration than to read this? Sure it's romance, and I'm not making a shipping comic, but... whatever.

If there's any graphic, sloppy, french kissing at some point though, I'm out. tongue.png

The Mailmare:

Well... This chapter happened.

It's hilarious as usual and I'd still recommend anyone to read it but there is a little disgusting detail you might want to be aware about...

So... Derpy and Trixie get to taste meat here... And they enjoy it... And of coruse, Luna being the only sane one at the table right now doesn't like this one single bit... Or at least that's what I'm making you think.

You see, you might want to defend Luna for feeling moral about ponies enjoying the meat. But apparently she has no problems about the fact that she was the one who sent a sheep to get killed and cooked in order to be served to Derpy, all of this just to prove a point and mess up with them...

I used to think Luna was the sane one but something tells me the night princess lost her mind a looong time ago in this story...

I'll probably have to re read it later to try to find the exact moment this happened. >_>

Yeah... Interesting chapter indeed. Highlights for me had to have been our usual drunken Celestia hijinx (Even outright stating that Celestia took a crap on someone's plate... Not sure if I should laugh or be disgusted XD ) and Luna feeding Derpy and Trixie some delicious sheep meat. I may be a carnivore but that was kinda messed up... even moreso when Derpy and Trixie actually love it even after knowing where it came from! blink.png

I'm digging this story though.

Order and Chaos: (Completed!)

I don't really find this story so remarkable, but if there is something I should give it credit for is to give one of the most plausible back stories to the whole Discord thing.

And I'm not talking about the abstract concepts of Order and Chaos being brought to live and wipe almost all of the pony civilization with it.

I'm talking about the Dearen thing, corruption of a formerly good guy is one of the most played tropes out there and while this one wasn't particularly well pulled it still made me feel that other than making Discord evil from the very beginning this one is pretty much the closest thing I could see to an origin story. (that doesn't go too much into the grimdark territory, while the first part wasn't that good, the slow transformation from Dearen to Discord was quite interesting).

It's like those fics that dealt with Fluttershy trying to be assertive before Putting Your Hoof Down, they weren't the best ones out there but they played with an interest concept, while I'm not sure about how would I feel about Discord being an Alicorn the idea of a good guy going god of chaos on us in a show like this is... Interesting to say the least.

*not rated*

So this is an Origin story about Discord right? Hmmm... not 100% interested, but if I do ever get bored or in the mood for Discord, I'll check it out.

An Earth Pony's Guide to Magic:

Another one that took a while to update. ohmy.png

And another one where there is not a lot to talk about, it seems like we are still doing the introductions and we are going to get a main story relating Star Swirl and Fluttershy, this is interesting but it might take a while until this happens.

Huh, so is this a story about Starswirl? The HasbrOC that shares the name with Starswirl the bearded? Hm... I always did like the fanon of her being a descendant/connected/similar/whatever to Starswirl the bearded, so I may have to give this fic a look at.

Okay, I guess that's all. See ya.

Hm, seems pretty even. Though Big Mac wins by default because you know... he's not a dick.

Um, hello, uh, my name is Wolfy...

...and I think I like ponies now.

*typical AA meeting clap*

Oh thank god, I thought something bad happened in this thread. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Pelly broke the board with that Pony badge topic.

Not that I'm complaining of course.

I have a friend on deviantart now.

Edited by Pinkamena
  • Thumbs Up 3

So yeah, after I got that out, I guess I should explain XD.

I've always really liked the designs of MLP, and I guess Rainbow Dash is the one that I always liked the most from a distance (that seems to be normal though). So yeah, after the idea of ponies got a little more lax around here, I guess I started to warm up to the idea. Honestly, and seriously, you guys aside, most the fans outside the SSMB drive me up the wall. However you guys seem to be pretty cool about it, so that always helps.

So yeah, with the contest going on and everything, I got a little hooked yesterday XD. I started watching a few episodes up until about 5 or 6, and while it took some getting used to, it's actually really fun to watch. It's really well animated and the characters are really lovable. Totally helps that I'm really into things with flying too, and that seems to be Rainbow Dash's dream lawl.

While I'm not sure if I'll ever reach an obsessive level, I really do like it.

• Thumbs Up 8

So I just finished watching all of season's 1&2 and

IthinkIfuckinglovethisshownow

• Thumbs Up 4

Next up: Carbo.

It's time to form a plan!...

...uh

...this would be so much easier if Carbo stallioned up and let everyone draw him as a pony.

The day Carbo becomes a brony is the day I stake out for the apocalypse. I wouldn't hold my breath. :P

The day Carbo becomes a brony is the day I stake out for the apocalypse. I wouldn't hold my breath. tongue.png

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hush now quiet now!

Oh, I know!

Step 1: Fighting is Magic or My Little Investigations is released.

Step 2: We PM download links to Carbo en masse.

Step 3: ?????

Step 4:

Scary.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

Step 4:

Scary.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Hush now quiet now!

Oh, I know!

Step 4:

Scary.gif

pinkie_vectorized_by_shadow15991-d4jpcs1.pngNone shall be the wiser. It is the perfect crime.

Edited by Pinkamena
  • Thumbs Up 5

I think Carbo is actually gonna denounce his friendship with me once he finds out I don't totally hate the show now...

But yeah, like Wolfy, I can't see myself getting super into the show, but since we're bro-oping it together that kinda factors into my enjoyment, which happens with a lot of things. I don't think I could stand it if I were to watch alone.

I can't see myself getting super into the show

That's what we all said.

• Thumbs Up 2

This is completely unrelated to "corrupt a mod" day, but I feel should be posted regardless:

good_girl_by_ratofdrawn-d54cfqe.gif

Linky.

There's actually not a lot to it compared to some things (like that Twilight picture from a couple weeks ago, but that minimalism (?) seems to be in its favor.

• Thumbs Up 3