Awoo.

Playstation Plus Update Thread "So many games on this Little Big Planet"

Badnik Mechanic

Aside from Killzone this month was really weak. Next month looks like an improvement with Hohokum, Gaucamelee and Eether One, but not really big enough of an improvement. March was really good, more lineups like that please.

Meh. I think May is weak as well. Guacamelee, the best game of the bunch was already on PS Plus before, Unfinished Swan is a short game, and the others fall under "meh".

If they really had to go the cheap option and make the entire month indie games, couldn't they have included ones like Grim Fandango Remastered and Shovel Knight?

Shovel Knight just came out though, and it's too big of a title to launch on Plus and expecting them to do that is expecting too much. Grim Fandango will probably pop up soon though.

Well they did it with Fez and that was a massive indie that everyone was waiting for to hit Playstation consoles.

Not that I mind since I got Shovel Knight a few days ago on PS4, but it would have been a far better game to have than some of these titles.

Gotta say, not that great a month.

Having already had Guacamelee on PS+ and now the updated version is a bit of an eye roll.

But... Unfinished Swan... YES!!! Wanted to play that for years!

This is what 1 year of PSN+ looks like....

LSKoVE4.png
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well here's some exciting news.

Apparently Sony will be announced a free triple A game for PS Plus Members in June in order to celebrate E3. People are making plenty of guesses at what the game could be, some of those guesses being:

-Drive Club PS Plus Edition

-Killzone Shadow Fall

-Knack

-Assassins Creed IV

-Alien: Isolation

-Battlefield Hardline

Keep in mind that none of these games are confirmed and it's just random guesses from people that I thought would be interesting to note.

It definitely won't be Hardline, and Driveclub PS+ is supposed to be an additional game that is not part of the IGC. My guess is Knack, Killzone or Lego Marvel if there are any retail titles, maybe Alien but that's fairly recent.

That reason people are speculating Isolation and Hardline is due to them getting a 60% sale price during May. 

Leaving PS Plus:

• 3rd June: Ether One (PS4)
  • 3rd June: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  • 3rd June: The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • 3rd June: Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • 3rd June: Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
  • 3rd June: Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Entering PS Plus:

• 3rd June: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
  • 3rd June: Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
  • 3rd June: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
  • 3rd June: Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
  • 3rd June: Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita)
  • 3rd June: Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita)

I knew holding off on GZ would pay eventually, tho I was expecting to get it as a MGSV bonus.

Not that I'm complaining.

Excellent lineup IMO, finally another retail title and it's a great one no less. I've been interested in Futuridium too so it's good that I will be able to try that one out.

Terrible month for me.

Already have Ground Zeroes, but even if I didn't, I really don't think it's a good game for PS+ considering how short it is.

I agree with Hogfather. Considering the length of Ground Zeroes, it's nothing especially to get excited for and personally, the other games just don't really interest me.

• 2 weeks later...

We are up to next stage of the beta:

"For the next phase of the private beta trial we're testing the PS Now price model, so each game rental will be subject to a small cost. Choose the rental period you want, either 2 days or 30 days, and pay straight from your PlayStation Network wallet. 

Those are some terrible prices.

I mean, I got inFamous 2 preowned for £10 for example. That's £2 more and there's no time limit for playing it.

Those are some terrible prices.

I mean, I got inFamous 2 preowned for £10 for example. That's £2 more and there's no time limit for playing it.

Well keep in mind that retail inFamous 2 is exclusive to PS3. While PSNow inFamous 2 is PS3, PS4, Vita and selected Sony TVs.

Renting inFamous 2 is only stupid from a consumer's point of view if you own a PS3.

• 3 weeks later...

We've got our new update.

PS4:

-Rocket League

-Entwined 

-Styx: Master of Shadows

-Mousecraft

-DRIVE CLUB PS PLUS EDITION

PS3:

-Mousecraft

-Rain

PS Vita:

-Geometry Wars 3

-Entwined

-Mousecraft

Source: 

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/07/01/playstation-plus-in-july-rocket-league-geometry-wars-3-entwined-more/

From what I've heard of the beta, Rocket League is really really good. It's a brand new game launching on Plus too, which is even better. Everything else is meh though.

Not sure about that heard a lot of good things about mousecraft and really really can't wait to try out rain.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Rain, but after getting really disappointed with Unfinished Swan, I'm being cautious about it.

Although, I say it's high time Sony began gaving us some of the PS4 launch games, seeing as it's been a good year and a half since their release, and most of them are already really cheap.

Killzone, and Lego Marvel especially would be good games.

I think a reason we haven't seen any is that a lot of the current userbase already own launch titles. I would say they are better left until fall when the number of early adopters looks smaller by comparison. I would love Lego Marvel or Killzone though. (KNACK)

I think a reason we haven't seen any is that a lot of the current userbase already own launch titles. I would say they are better left until fall when the number of early adopters looks smaller by comparison. I would love Lego Marvel or Killzone though. (KNACK)

They'll probably have to do it soon in order to keep up with Xbox, since they've begun offering Launch titles like AC IV.

They'll probably have to do it soon in order to keep up with Xbox, since they've begun offering Launch titles like AC IV.

It's possible that Assassin's Piece (yes I'm calling it that) didn't sell that many copies on Xbox One. I know it did on PS4 as it was one of the bigger launch titles and there was even a bundle. Actually, I think we can rule out any game that came in a bundle during the first year.

So I've been playing Rocket League for a little while now, and all I can say is, this game is insane. I would definitely put it up there with PS+ offerings such as Resogun or Velocity 2X. The driving mechanics are absolutely crazy, you can flip, DO A BARREL ROLL, boost, and even fly. The game has a heavy emphasis on using the laws of physics and gravity to score goals, which often means that you have to get creative in order to score over the rivaling team. 

Overall, I would go as far as saying that this is the best game they have offered on PS+ this year thus far, and definitely makes this month's lineup worthwhile. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another month is nearing... and.... offerings are pretty good!

• Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
  • Limbo (PS4)
  • God of War Ascension (PS3)*
  • Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)**
  • CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, PS Vita)

*Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE. Replacement title: Flow (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
**Not available in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, India and Turkey. Replacement title: Flower (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/07/29/playstation-plus-in-august-lara-croft-god-of-war-stealth-inc-2-more/

Sound shapes is awesome and each version has it's own trophy list, all trophies instantly pop once you download/run another version... so 3 platinum's for one title.

GOD Ascension is a pretty decent romp too. Limbo is great if you've never played it before, Tomb Raider might be a laugh with co-op. No idea about castlestorm.

Hear Stealth Inc 2 is kinda naff.