Awoo.

Playstation Plus Update Thread "So many games on this Little Big Planet"

Badnik Mechanic

Another month is nearing... and.... offerings are pretty good!

• Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
  • Limbo (PS4)
  • God of War Ascension (PS3)*
  • Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)**
  • CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, PS Vita)

*Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE. Replacement title: Flow (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
**Not available in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, India and Turkey. Replacement title: Flower (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/07/29/playstation-plus-in-august-lara-croft-god-of-war-stealth-inc-2-more/

Sound shapes is awesome and each version has it's own trophy list, all trophies instantly pop once you download/run another version... so 3 platinum's for one title.

GOD Ascension is a pretty decent romp too. Limbo is great if you've never played it before, Tomb Raider might be a laugh with co-op. No idea about castlestorm.

Hear Stealth Inc 2 is kinda naff.

Wow. I'm actually very pleased with this month's. I already got God of War Ascension but it's a good game for those who don't have it, and I've been wanting to play Sound Shapes and Stealth Inc 2 for a while. Lara Craft will probably be meh but I'll give it a try anyway

Wow. I'm actually very pleased with this month's. I already got God of War Ascension but it's a good game for those who don't have it, and I've been wanting to play Sound Shapes and Stealth Inc 2 for a while. Lara Craft will probably be meh but I'll give it a try anyway

From what I've heard, the new Lara Croft game is pretty decent, and if it's anything like Temple of Light, then it's worth a go.

So this is doing the rounds....

Earlier today, on UK PS4's, there was a video in the 'what's new' section called 'Vote to Play' this video described a new feature coming to PS+ in which PS+ users would vote for content to be included in the next PS+ update.

Here are a few screens

20150730123037.jpg

20150730123056.jpg

Transcript of the video is as follows.

"An exciting way to have your say on what you'd like to play next through Playstation Plus. While voting is open you will be able to check which tiles are receiving the most votes or change your own vote at any time. Then the votes will be counted and the chosen game will be available as part of the PS+ monthly games the following month.

If your favourite game wasn't chosen it will be available to be purchased with a PS+ discount"

Thoughts?

So this is doing the rounds....

Earlier today, on UK PS4's, there was a video in the 'what's new' section called 'Vote to Play' this video described a new feature coming to PS+ in which PS+ users would vote for content to be included in the next PS+ update.

Here are a few screens

20150730123037.jpg

20150730123056.jpg

Transcript of the video is as follows.

Thoughts?

It's a step in the right direction to be sure, although I can't imagine it having too big an effect on most of the people on the service, at least PS4 wise because their main problem is the fact the PS4 section is for the most part entirely comprised of indie games. I know personally, I used to get sick of the indies (I've moved on and I'm actually rather enjoying the indie games now, especially when a good chunk of them are actually more polished that the Triple A Games). But my point is Vote to Play's either going to need to drag in some big name indie games, or start dragging in some well known Triple A games, or else everyone is still going to complain. 

Also, I'm seriously beginning to wonder why they haven't decided to try get Minecraft for PS Plus yet. Considering that it's more of an indie, rather than Triple A, and it's one of the most well known games out there right now, plus the fact it's only like £15 on PS4, It seems odd that they decided not to try get it on there yet, considering the PS4 edition will be out for a year next month.

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer

• 4 weeks later...

We've got the new games.

PS4:

Grow Home (PS Plus Vote Winner)

Super Time Force Ultra

Telsaglad

Xenodrifter

PS3:

Twisted Metal

Telsaglad

PS Vita:

La-Mulana Ex

Xenodrifter

Source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/08/24/playstation-plus-in-september-grow-home-super-time-force-ultra-twisted-metal/

• 1 month later...

New games!

Broken Age (PS4/Vita)

Super Meat Boy (PS4/Vita)

UnMechanical Extended (PS4/PS3)

Kickbeat (PS Vita/PS3)

Kung Fu Rabbit (PS Vita/PS3)

Chariot (PS3)

Ehh, I don't like how a good 70% of games are indies that I haven't even heard of, but I'm happy with Broken Age and Super Meat Boy.

Source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/09/30/playstation-plus-in-october-broken-age-super-meat-boy-unmechanical-more/

Not a bad lineup at all, Super Meat Boy and BA make the month for me. The others I probably won't bother with though. 

• 4 weeks later...

November's Update, which is kind of meh in my opinion.

The Walking Dead Season 2 (PS4)

Magicka 2 (PS4)

Dragon Fin Soup (PS4, Vita, PS3)

Mass Effect 2 (PS3)

Beyond Good and Evil HD (PS3)

InviZimals (PSP/Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/10/30/playstation-plus-in-november-the-walking-dead-season-2-magicka-2-more/

Normally, I'd say this is an amazing update, and we're finally getting a fucking physical PS4 and Vita game, but my problem is, I already own the majority of these.. I have TWD Season 2, I have Mass Effect 2, I have Beyond Good and Evil HD, and the other games really don't interest me. The Walking Dead Season 2 is also one of the worst Telltale Games in my opinion, and I would have heavily preferred if it was The Wolf Among Us, which while I still own it, It's a much superior game. If you don't have any of these though, it's definitely worth it, especially for Beyond Good and Evil.

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer

Yeah not entirely sure how to feel about this Walking Dead season 2 I already own on PS3 and it's not that great. 

Mass Effect 2 is good. I already have ME3 from an earlier PS+ offering but... do I want to play it without experiencing 1? 

Yeah not entirely sure how to feel about this Walking Dead season 2 I already own on PS3 and it's not that great. 

Mass Effect 2 is good. I already have ME3 from an earlier PS+ offering but... do I want to play it without experiencing 1? 

Doesn't help that our Vita game is a PSP game.

I'm quite happy with The Walking Dead, I bought both the PS4 and Vita versions of season 1 this week so it's perfect timing. I've heard that Magicka is a decent co-op game as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

Decembers games

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition (PS4)

King’s Quest – Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember (PS4)

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PS3)

SSX (PS3)

Rocket birds Hardboiled chicken (PS Vita)

Freedom Wars (PS Vita)

Quite a good lineup! Blood Dragon is amazing and Freedom Wars is one of the best games on the Vita.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

February's games

• Helldivers (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
  • Nom Nom Galaxy (PS4)
  • Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3)
  • Grid Autosport (PS3)
  • Lemmings Touch (PS Vita)
  • Nova 111 (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)

Annoyed at Helldivers, because I bought it in November and I'm still playing it (nearly finished), but either way, that's a great month!

• 4 weeks later...

New games have been announced!

-Broforce (PS4)

-Galak Z (PS4)

-Super Stardust HD (PS3)

-The Last Guy (PS3)

-Flame Over (PS Vita)

-Reality Fighters (PS Vita)

It appears they've gotten rid of the 75% on Metacritic thing as well. Reality Fighters has 54 out of 100.

The last few months have been underwhelming honestly. Not bad, but nothing has stood out. The Walking Dead Season 2 was good but the first season was definitely the better game. The PS3 titles have slowly been slowing down, there have been less and less triple A and first party titles. I wouldn't be surprised if this year is the last year they support the PS3 with Plus.

Although, I am excited to play Broforce.

6 minutes ago, Crash said:

The last few months have been underwhelming honestly. Not bad, but nothing has stood out. The Walking Dead Season 2 was good but the first season was definitely the better game. The PS3 titles have slowly been slowing down, there have been less and less triple A and first party titles. I wouldn't be surprised if this year is the last year they support the PS3 with Plus.

Although, I am excited to play Broforce.

That's the plan. From the beginning, Sony said that the PS3 would be getting support for ten years. It came out in 2006, we're in 2016 now. The door is probably going to close by the end of this year.

It'll be a sad day when it does :( 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

I'd love to be excited for the next update...but it's pretty terrible and cheap.

PS4:

-Dead Star

-Zombi

PS3:

-I Am Alive

-Savage Moon

PS Vita:

-A Virus Named Tom

-Shutshimi

So, in terms of the good, we have Zombi...a port of a Wii U game from 2012.

Yeah.

Kind of sad that the PS3 Lineup went from Mass Effect 2, Twisted Metal and SSX...to fucking Savage Moon, a £3.99 game.

8 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Quite looking forward to trying out Zombi actually.

In my opinion, Zombi is the only good game featured there. I've actually been excited to try it myself. The PS3 and Vita pickings though?

Ugh.

Dunno about that. Been wanting to try out I am Alive for years and will most likely give both vita games a serious go.