Awoo.

Playstation Plus Update Thread "So many games on this Little Big Planet"

Badnik Mechanic

Hay guy's, tomorrow has the update for PS+ NA :). Landing tomorrow is the surprise hit Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. The game is very interesting, as you control two characters at the same time (the left stick for one brother, the right stick for the other brother) and the game has a dark story (have to save your father from dying). It got a ton of phrase and a number of GOTY nominations (like Bioshock Infinite did as well :)), so it's a great free game for this week :). Also this week is Worms for PSP. Its the game many of us probably played before with you controlling worms on a 2d plane as they try to kill each other with all kinds of weapons of mass destruction. I don't know much about it but its Worms, so it should be quite fun :).

We also got two new sets of sales; the first game that's part of the new PLAY Sale (OilOil) and a small sale on some other games like Rock Band Blitz and KickBeat (which is quite fun :); you can even use your own tracks after you beat the main story happy.png). Here is the link to the sales: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/20/playstation-plus-brothers-a-tale-of-two-sons-for-members/

One more thing, if you got a lot of games from the 14 for 14 sale and are a Sony Rewards member, sign in to your account as you might be able to get a voucher for 10$ in PSN credit. If you are missing any extra points, here are two links to get the remaining points, the first is a link to codes that you can redeem for 20-40 Points and the second link is to a simple game where you could earn 250 Points (50 for clicking the Sony Rewards link at the bottom of the page and a extra 200 if you share the link on Facebook). Can't beat free money man biggrin.png.

Link to the Codes (can only redeem 3 a day): http://thevoiceofamylynn.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/over-1000-free-sony-rewards-points-codes/

Link to the Game: http://www.omnicorp.com/calibration/

Hope this helps :).

February's update for PS+ has been announced... it is godly.

29th January: Metro Last Light
29th January: BioShock Infinite
29th January: Dynasty Warriors Next
29th January: ModNation Racers: Road Trip
5th February: Outlast (PS4)

Oh man I'm so going to get Metro.

Hay guys :), here is the update for tomorrows PS+ update for NA users. First there is the new game for the Vita IGC called Smart As, which is a lot like the Brain Age games where you solve puzzles and stuff to test how smart you are. I've heard good things about this one and despite its very simple look, it really is a good game :). Outside of that, we got another killer sale for the Vita.

Most of the PS1 and PSP Final Fantiasy games are going to be on sale with prices ranging from 3-10 dollars. The ones on sale are some very good ones, like Disada and its sequel, FF IX, and FF Origins (which includes the first and second FF's). Here is the link to that and a few other games on sale, these games are normally very pricey so if you have any interest in the series, get them now while their pretty cheap :). Link to Sales: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/27/playstation-plus-smart-as-free-for-members/

The PLAY sale continues with a new Dragon Ball Z game for Vita and it really looks quite good :). Its team based with you having a small group of warriors (I think 2-4?) fighting famous battles in the DBZ series. There looks to be a decent amount of content to, with mission modes and online play. Its the most expensive of the PLAY games and its digital only in US, but if you are a fan of the series, check out the demo on PSN and give it a try happy.png. Its also on PS3 and 360 if you don't own a Vita but only the Vita version is part of this PLAY sale event.

Hope this update helps and that everyone enjoys these games; FF series if praised for a good reason!

Hay guy's, NA's Plus games for February got announced and they are quite good :).

12213688383_716f9e6260_z.jpg

PS4: Outlast

PS3: Metro Last Light, Payday 2, and Remember Me

PSV: Modnation Racers Road Trip, Street Fighter X Tekken

Quite a solid line up of games; a great looking horror tittle for the PS4, more great shooters landing on the service with Last Light and Payday 2 (though the PS3 version from what I've heard doesn't preform that great....) along with the underrated Remember Me, and two really solid Vita games that everyone should like (especially SFxTK, as the Vita version includes the DLC characters and can unlock them in the PS3 version for free when you download the Vita version). I'm going to post a video that the PS Blog posted that talks more about the games for those who know little about them :). Looks to be another great month for the Plus service :).

• 3 weeks later...

Hay guy's, I'm really sorry this post is late, but here is the PS+ games that came the past two or so weeks.

Outlast for PS4 and Metro Last Light for PS3 came early this month, and while I can't give impressions on Outlast (don't have a PS4), I can fully say that Metro is a great game :). It has great gun play alongside the best elements of Bioshock Infinte (the poweful story and great world building), so I hope you guys have fun with the game :).

Last week we got Payday 2, and while it may not be the best preforming game on PS3 (and lacking some content that the PC version reportedly has), its a fun multiplayer game that fans of the first game should love :).

Lastly, there is a sale currently on PSN NA that has alot of great games on sale at cheap prices (Lego Marvel PS4 at 30 bucks, PSASBR at 10 bucks + it having the Vita version to), so here is the link to that if you are interested: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_FLASHSALE2014?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|General+PS+Store|Desktop|Exact&utm_term=playstation%20online%20store&utm_content=sYBL98A5G&pcrid=28213562682

For anyone interested in the PS+ games out now, here is some gameplay clips for Outlast, Metro Last Light and Payday 2 :). I will try to resume these posts in a timely matter for now on happy.png.

Outlast:

Metro Last Light:

Payday 2:

Hay guys, tommorrow has two games landing on the IGC :).

First is Remember Me by Capcom, which is an action adventure game that has some very interesting stuff going on. The setting is in Neo Paris, has a customizable combat system where you create your own combos (Ex: You could have a three hit attack that restores health or a two hit attack with a lot of damage), and can mess around peoples memories (completely changing how they are). It is a bit hard to explain so here is a video that shows off an early part of the game:

Secondly is the Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom. It is a team based 2.5D fighter with Street Fighter machanics (with the Tekken characters having much of their normal move-set I think) filled with tons of Street Fighter, Tekken and even some exclusive guest characters (Cole from Infamous, Toto, Fat Ass MegaMan, and Pac-Man in a Mech....odd batch of guests I might say tongue.png). The Vita version preforms quite well and is native res, so its a great looking game for Vita :). Another plus is that if you own the PS3 version you get the DLC fighters for free, as the Vita version comes with a download voucher/code for the PS3 content as well. Here is a gameplay video for anyone interested :):

(Sorry, couldn't find any better videos of the Vita version :()

Hope this helps and that everyone enjoys these PS+ games :).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hay guys, I know this is a few days late but here is the update for NA Plus this week :).

The last free game for the month is Modnation Racers Road-Trip for Playstation Vita. This is a colorful kart racer that feels like Mario Kart X LittleBigPlanet, I say that as you have LBP's expansive customization for both your racer and tracks and can even download racers/tracks made by other players online. All of the content made for the PS3 Modnation is playable on Vita and other factors like the games preformance (runs at a good 30FPS, with a unfortented amount of slowdown and I think not native-res) and the campain mode (which has 5-6 cups with in-race-missions during races) make this a great free game for PS+ :). If you want a look at the game, here is a Youtube Vid :).

Now for the best part of this update; SALES!!!!

This month has not one, not two but THREE sales with a large focus on the Vita's second year anversory :). The first sale has alot of PS3 games and some Vita ones like Dragons Crown and Killzone on sale, so here is a link to the sales site:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/back-to-2013-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_BACKTO2013SALE?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|General+PS+Store|Desktop|Exact&utm_term=playstation%20online%20store&utm_content=sYBL98A5G&pcrid=28213562682

In addition to that sale, we have two Vita centric sales with one having a lot of indie games like Flow and Stick it to the Man on sale and another composed of Ubisoft Vita/PSP games. The Ubisoft one is the best one of the two, as many of their PSP games are at amazing prices (19.99 games like Ghost Recon are 4.99, the 9.99 Prince of Persia PSP games are 2.50-4.99) and there PSV launch line up is at great prices too (Rayman Origins for 6.50, the Deoblo-like Dungon Hunter for 6.50, and Luminus for 6.50 as well).

Here are the links to these great sales (the best part is that the Ubi Sale is for non-plus members; those steal prices are for EVERYONE, not just Plus members biggrin.png!

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/ps-vita-anniversary-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_PSVITAANNISALE?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|General+PS+Store|Desktop|Exact&utm_term=playstation%20online%20store&utm_content=sYBL98A5G&pcrid=28213562682

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/ubisoft-psp-ps-vita-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_UBIPSPVITASALE?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|General+PS+Store|Desktop|Exact&utm_term=playstation%20online%20store&utm_content=sYBL98A5G&pcrid=28213562682

Hope this helps and that everyone enjoys these great deals :).

Hay guys, here is the Plus update for both EU and US :).

For EU, we have the following games:

PS4: Dead Nation

PS3: Tomb Rader 2013, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

PSV: Pixel Junk Monsters HD, Smart As...

The line up is quite good, with Dead Nation being a very fun game for PS4 owners to play, Tomb Rader being nice for people who never played that before (and it would be a nice indication of how good the game is; if its good to people, they may not mind shelling out 60 bucks to the PS4 version...) and Brothers being a very interesting experence.

As for US Plus, we got a REALLY great line up of game biggrin.png:

PS4: Dead Nation

PS3: Tomb Rader 2013, Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy with Vita), Lone Survivor Directors Cut (Cross Buy with Vita)

PSV: Unit 13, Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite

Never played Monster Hunter, but I can say that Thomas and Lone Survior are really great games with a ton of heart and character for the former and honest Silent Hill-esc Horror goodness for the latter. Its nice that we are getting Unit 13 (a from what I've heard a fun 3rd Person Shooter) and Monster Hunter (good for people who never played the games that are wondering what they are like...but they will have to get a 3ds to get the new ones if they like this; talk about ironic there...) as well.

Here are videos of Thomas, Lone Survivor and Unit 13 for those wondering what they are :). I'll post my impressions from a while back in the "What are you playing" part of the SSMB for Lone Survivor and Thomas so you can get an idea about how the game is.

Thomas Was Alone:

"Thomas is Alone is a very interesting game, as you play as shapes using puzzle platformer gameplay. See, you have a narrator who tells the player the thoughts the shapes you are controlling have and it gives the game a real surreal vibe to it; the idea of shapes having a soul is really deep. The gameplay is a lot like other puzzle platformers with you solving puzzles using the shapes different sizes. Being very early in the game, I can say that the game is quite something smile.png".

Lone Survivor:

"Lone Survivor, got it as an impulse purchase on PSN when it launch (guess that 1.00 discount with plus made it look like a good sale, which it wasn't...) and it's really good! It feels like a mix of Limbo's darkness and 2d perspective, pixel graphics (which really add to the atmosphere) and Silent Hill 2 (which I believe is the creator of this game's favorite game, can tell that very well smile.png), with all three coming together to give you a tense, often puzzling feeling as you explore the games monster filled halls. You have very little supplies, and your only means of attacking the monsters are flare's and a hand gun (which have little ammo), so you not only have to monitor you health/flash light usage, but also have to keep in mind to avoid foes rather than fight them. The game also has an open ended feel to it; there are goals to meet, but you can get to them in any way you see fit, so you can explore all the rooms first before entering the main destination (recommended as you can get a lot of supplies in them) and experience houlcenations outside of the main story (as your character cant tell what real and fake). I really like this game and I've barely played most of it, so I recommend it for servitor horror fans out there."

Unit 13:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hay guy's, I know this is a few days late but the latest update for PS+ in NA landed smile.png.

The games added to the instant game collection include Dead Nation for PS4 and Tomb Rader (2013) for PS3. Dead Nation is a fun top-town twin stick zombie shooter that has improved graphics over the PS3 version alongside all that versions DLC being included with the PS4 version. I don't own a PS4, so I cant really give good impressions, but from what people on places like NeoGaf have said, the offline mode runs great but the game crashes when connecting to the online leader boards (thought that will most likely be patched in a few days). Either way, its a great addition to the PS4's library happy.png.

Now Tomb Rader for PS3...it honestly really surprised me; I thought it would have been a Uncharted Clone with drab visuals with the game being VERY linear, but that wasn't the case at all blink.png! Granted, the game does take a page or two from Uncharted (fair considering Uncharted ripped off Tomb Raider first tongue.png), but outside of that, the game is very different from that series. The world feels much more open, with having tons to collect and to do (secret Tombs to raid, hunting animals, hunting around for scavenge aka the upgrade points of the game). The controls feel really, really tight, with Lara feeling much more responsive that Nathan Drake and the combat feeling very great; you have a bow, a pistol and a shotgun to use, and combining that with stealth take-downs and auto-cover (NO MORE PRESSING BUTTONS TO ENTER COVER!!!!!!), make the games combat a blast to play through. The story...is average at best, with none of the characters being that interesting to learn about and Lara being very bland; considering they made her look like a real human being in this, I would have expected her to have a defined personality, but no, she is just the main character that consitatnly gets hurt the by the world around her (I swear, its like the island itself hates her or something dry.png...). The game overall is a great game and another favorite game to land on the Plus service to me (with the last one being DMC).

As for sales, there are some great ones, with many of the NFS games getting really steep price drops with Plus (NFS: Most Wanted for PS3 and Vita 5 bucks a pecie for example), the PSP GOW's being 7.50 per game (everyone needs to get Ghost of Sparta, its the best game in the series!), and the PS1/PSP Tomb Raiders getting steep price drops (the PS1 games being 2.50, the PSP ones being 5.50). Here is a link to the sales, and if anyone wants some impressions on how the PSP games run, here are some videos of the games smile.png.

Link to PSP/PS1 Sales: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/all-deals/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLDEALS|platform~psp|?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|General+PS+Store|Desktop|Exact&utm_term=playstation%20online%20store&utm_content=sYBL98A5G&pcrid=28213562682

Link to Need for Speed Sales: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/need-for-speed-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_SF14FRANCHISE?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SEN|US|B|Games|Evergreen|General+PS+Store|Desktop|Exact&utm_term=playstation%20online%20store&utm_content=sYBL98A5G&pcrid=28213562682

God of War Ghost of Sparta:

Tomb Raider Legend:

Tomb Raider Anniversary (You need to transfer this game from PS3 to Vita):

Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita:

Hope this helps and that everyone enjoys this weeks PlayStation Plus stuff happy.png!

• 3 weeks later...

Next months update announced.

For the EU.

Leaving PS Plus on 2nd April:

Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition
Tomb Raider
Borderlands 2
Smart As
Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD

Entering PS Plus on 2nd April:

Mercenary Kings (PS4)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (Cross Buy PS3 & Vita)
Hotline Miami (Cross buy PS3 & Vita)

MotoGP 13 (Vita)

Not sure about this months update, Sly is cool and hotline Miami is very welcome.

I think the US update wins the best month prize. 

For the US....

Mercenary Kings (PS4)

Batman: Arkham City (PS3)

Stealth Inc. A Clone in the Dark (PS3) (They don't say if it is, but this might be a cross buy with the Vita)

Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (PS3)

Velocity Ultra (Vita)

Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate HD (PS Vita)

Really good month for the US.

Well, I already own Batman, and have been tempted by Sly Cooper since its release...so for me I'm very happy with the EU content!

PES is a bit of an odd choice though.

Man, its been a while since I posted here; sorry about not putting updates on here guys :(.

As for this months plus line up, its really good! Sly 4 is a great platformer fixing all the issues that was in Sly 3, Arkam City having a mamouth amount of great content, the Indie Vita stuff (Stealth Inc, Velocity, and Pixel Junk Monsters) being wonderful choices for Plus and Castile of Illusion looking to be a great remake of the original (they even got Grant Kirkhope to do the music for it!).

Looks to be another great month for PS+ :).

• 4 weeks later...

EU's May update.... Oh.... wow!

Stick it to the Man (PS4)

Payday 2 (PS3)
Puppeteer (PS3)

Muramasa Rebirth (Vita)

Everybody’s Golf (Vita)

I only just got round to playing the first Payday and loved it, really can't wait to play the 2nd one. And Puppeteer is supposed to be one of the best games on the system.

I own Puppeteer on physical, it's super charming and the presentation is top tier for the generation on tech, visuals and audio. Tons of dialogue and character interaction at any point of the stage which can bother people that just want pure platforming levels tho, but that's fine by me as the Narrator, Pikarina and the Witch have some damn fun chemistry going on.

Loved it, and the action sequences later on are well worth putting up with the slow beginning. Everyone give it a go, pls.

As for me, I'll be picking up dat Muramasa at long last.

The US will be receiving Stick it to the Man for PS4 as well since all regions get the same game.

Puppetteer?! I was hoping we'd get it at some point, but not this early! Nice.

Especially when I figured we'd get Castle of Illusion after the USA did. No offense to fans of Mickey, but this is way more exciting.

• 1 month later...

Major Update!

Playstation Plus has changed how it works! Whilst I want to say 'in response to Microsofts GWG change, this has happened so quickly I think it was always planned to be this way.

First change: No Yearly titles. Those games which remain up for one year will no longer be there.

Second change: Two titles per platform per month. So 2 for PS3, 2 for Vita and 2 for PS4.

Third change: (this one mainly impacts the US). New games will be added to the service on the first Tuesday of every month, previous months games removed on the same date.

These changes come into effect for Junes update.

With that out of the way, here are the PS+ update for the EU.

Leaving PS Plus:

30th May: Stick it to the Man

30th May: Payday 2

30th May: Brothers A Tale of Two Sons

30th May: Muramasa Rebirth

30th May: Everybody’s Golf

Entering PS Plus:

4th June: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (Cross Buy)

4th June: Trine 2: The Complete Story

4th June: NBA 2K14

4th June: Lone Survivor (Cross Buy)

4th June: Dragon’s Crown

4th June: Surge Deluxe

And here is the US lineup.

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4)

Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate (PS4)

NBA 2K14 (PS3)

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS3) (might be cross buy, not sure).

Terraria (PS Vita)

Mutant Mudds Deluxe (PS Vita)

• 10 months later...

April's update!

Tower of Guns (PS4, PS3)
Never Alone (PS4)
Dishonored (PS3)
Aaru's Awakening (PS3/PS4)
Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita)
MonsterBag (PS Vita)

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/03/31/ps-plus-free-games-for-april-2015/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/03/31/playstation-plus-april-dishonored-killzone-mercenary-never-alone/

Killzone, Never Alone, and Tower Of Guns? Wow, that's a really good lineup. Killzone is 5GB tho and in now have an 8GB memory card in my Vita. :/

• 3 weeks later...