Awoo.

Playstation Plus Update Thread "So many games on this Little Big Planet"

Badnik Mechanic

The new sales this week are pretty sweet and with the PS+ it's even better. I got on that UMvC3 and man... they dumbed down a lot of cosmetics in the game but it still plays on a 1:1 scale so it's all good. Kinda wish you could utilize the rear touch pad to substitute L2 and R2 but other than that a fun game.

Gotta agree with you; got that along with Metal Gear HD (which includes four games, quite a deal at 15 bucks :)) and Monkey Ball all for 40 bucks, they would have been 100+ bucks all together without the sales.

I thought that outside of some stage alterations (like characters that don't move in the backgrounds and some detail with the character models was a bit lost) the game looks really great on Vita and its colors just pop of its OLED screen.

Did you get any of the other games from the sale? If you don't own this yet, the Metal Gear Collection is a great deal as it not only includes MGS 2 and 3 and Metal Gear 1 and 2, but it runs really well on Vita (Snake Eater anyways, don't know about MGS 2 but I heard it runs at a consistent 60 FPS when in buildings). Katamari was a good deal at 4 dollars least weak too.

Speaking of sales, did anyone take advantage of the Fan Expo Sale? Getting DrinkBox's Vita tittles (Guacamelle and Mutant Blobs Attack) for under 9 bucks is a really great deal :)

Tommorrows update has a nice surpise; another huge sale, notably a sale off of indie games.

The update includes:

Machinarium (PS Vita) - Free for PS+ Members (it was part of the IGC before, but the PS3 version, in June)

Spelunky (PS3/Vita) - PS+ Discount at 11.99$

Draw Slasher (Vita) - PS+ Discount at 3.00$

PAX 2013 Sale, which includes many indie games, go on sale with step discounts, including:

• Penny Arcade Adventure Ep. 1/2 - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Limbo (PS3/Vita Cross Buy) - PS+ Price: 5.99
  • Closure (PS3 - Former PS+ Freebe) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Retro City Rampage (PS3/Vita Cross Buy) - PS+ Price: 3.74
  • Dragon Fantasy Book 1 (PS3/Vita Cross Buy) - PS+ Price: 2.50
  • Tokyo Jungle (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Zombie Tycoon 2 (PS3/Vita Cross Buy - Fromer PS+ Freebe) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Journey (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Skull Girls (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Retro/Grade (PS3) - PS+ Price: 2.50
  • Dyad (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75

Of course, these sales only last one week, and the Japanese Vita sale ends tomorrow as well (which includes great deals like MvCIII, Metal Gear HD, and many other great Vita games), so keep that in mind if you want any of the games from ether sale. Hope this update is useful to other NA Plus Subscribers :)

EU Plus's free games were announced as well, which includes not only Assassins Creed III, but the Jak Collection (cross buy with Vita version, even though said version is quite sub par), Stealth Inc. (Cross Buy with PS3/Vita), Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita), and New Little Kings Story (Vita).

Tommorrows update has a nice surpise; another huge sale, notably a sale off of indie games.

The update includes:

Machinarium (PS Vita) - Free for PS+ Members (it was part of the IGC before, but the PS3 version, in June)

Spelunky (PS3/Vita) - PS+ Discount at 11.99$

Draw Slasher (Vita) - PS+ Discount at 3.00$

PAX 2013 Sale, which includes many indie games, go on sale with step discounts, including:

• Penny Arcade Adventure Ep. 1/2 - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Limbo (PS3/Vita Cross Buy) - PS+ Price: 5.99
  • Closure (PS3 - Former PS+ Freebe) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Retro City Rampage (PS3/Vita Cross Buy) - PS+ Price: 3.74
  • Dragon Fantasy Book 1 (PS3/Vita Cross Buy) - PS+ Price: 2.50
  • Tokyo Jungle (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Zombie Tycoon 2 (PS3/Vita Cross Buy - Fromer PS+ Freebe) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Journey (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Skull Girls (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75
  • Retro/Grade (PS3) - PS+ Price: 2.50
  • Dyad (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75

Of course, these sales only last one week, and the Japanese Vita sale ends tomorrow as well (which includes great deals like MvCIII, Metal Gear HD, and many other great Vita games), so keep that in mind if you want any of the games from ether sale. Hope this update is useful to other NA Plus Subscribers smile.png

EU Plus's free games were announced as well, which includes not only Assassins Creed III, but the Jak Collection (cross buy with Vita version, even though said version is quite sub par), Stealth Inc. (Cross Buy with PS3/Vita), Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita), and New Little Kings Story (Vita).

asides from that Skull girls, this upcoming weeks sale doesn't seem as good as the previous weeks. Still, nice to see the sales.

Kinda hard to beat getting 30/40 dollar games at 10-15 bucks with some small discounts for indie games tongue.png. Still, getting Limbo, Retro City, and Journey at those prices are great deals (especially Limbo and Journey, as the former is normally over priced and the latter is an downright amazing game). Its also nice getting a small discount off of Splunky and getting Machnarium on a platform its best one for free (touch screen has to be great for adventure games), so that's nice :).

Kinda hard to beat getting 30/40 dollar games at 10-15 bucks with some small discounts for indie games tongue.png. Still, getting Limbo, Retro City, and Journey at those prices are great deals (especially Limbo and Journey, as the former is normally over priced and the latter is an downright amazing game). Its also nice getting a small discount off of Splunky and getting Machnarium on a platform its best one for free (touch screen has to be great for adventure games), so that's nice smile.png.

well, I still said it was nice :P I guess the only thing that would interest me would be SG but I already own that. I will admit though, I looked over Spelunky and that game was a joy on the 360, may have to get on that too.

Journey (PS3) - PS+ Price: 3.75

If you do not own this yet... for the love of god buy it at that price!

If you do not own this yet... for the love of god buy it at that price!

I feel bad for buying a good game at that price.. :<

Just a heads up, the NA PS Store updated, so it includes new releases like Xcom Declassified and Madden alongside the new sales that I posted above. I don't know if its an error or not, but Maramusa Rebirth is still on sale (20.99) for plus members, so if you still didn't get it yet and are interested, you should pick it up before either the sale ends or (if it is an error) gets removed.

Enjoy the new sales and PS+ freebes :)

Oh, forgot about posting this; if your are a NA Plus subscriber (don't know if this offer worker in other regions as of yet), you will be getting a Email that gives you 5 PS Plus One-month trial codes to give out to your friends. If they redeem the code you sent them, you and them will be getting 5$ PSN Credit (giving you 25$ worth of PS+ Credit if you give out all five codes).

I didn't get the Email yet, but my PSN ID is RK128, if you want to send me a code if you got the email. If anyone is interested in this deal, post there PSN ID and Email here, and I'll send the codes out once I get the Email with the codes.

Edited by RK64
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just went to get the EU update...

Jak & Daxter Trilogy (vita)

New little kings story (vita)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita)

AC 3 (PS3)

Stealth Inc (cross buy)

All live and ready to download... but I thought it was supposed to be fragmented over the month? Oh well... tons of free games today!

Edit: Ok that update is right, all those were to go live today... wow, lots of Vita love this month.

Just went to get the EU update...

Jak & Daxter Trilogy (vita)

New little kings story (vita)

Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita)

AC 3 (PS3)

Stealth Inc (cross buy)

All live and ready to download... but I thought it was supposed to be fragmented over the month? Oh well... tons of free games today!

Edit: Ok that update is right, all those were to go live today... wow, lots of Vita love this month.

You guys haven't gotten all the Vita sales from July/August, so I guess this is Sony's way of making things up for you guys biggrin.png. The update would be perfect, but the Jak Collection is really butchered on Vita (bad controls for Vita as L2/R2, L3/R3 inputs are mapped to the rear touch pad ala Remote Play controls and a REALLY bad frame rate for the games (notably with Jak 2 and 3, as it drops to 10fps at times), but you guys getting Stealth Inc. (heard its a lot of fun), Little Kings Story (a Pikmin-esc game), Urban Trails, and AC III for free is really cool :).

I hope NA's update is just as good :)

Jak & Daxter is a PS3 game as far as I can tell, no sign of cross-buy as far as Plus goes from what I can see. Either way, can't wait to get stuck into these as soon as they're downloaded! 

Also, very tempted to get Spelunky. Loved the XBLA version!

Jak & Daxter is a PS3 game as far as I can tell, no sign of cross-buy as far as Plus goes from what I can see. Either way, can't wait to get stuck into these as soon as they're downloaded! 

Also, very tempted to get Spelunky. Loved the XBLA version!

Its cross-buy in EU though for there digital versions (quite the value, as the Vita version has separate trophy lists than the PS3 version), so you do get the Vita version if you get the PS3 version and vice versa.

As for Spelunky, I feel the same man; it looks really charming, has tight controls, and feels really good on Vita. Will defiantly get that latter on :).

Spelunky might look charming but it's going to obliterate your soul.

Anyways, Ass Creed 3. This means I will have played the entire trilogy for free, which is an acceptable compensation for having to wade through the lake of diarrhea the first one was, ha ha. Most excellent.

Spelunky might look charming but it's going to obliterate your soul.

Anyways, Ass Creed 3. This means I will have played the entire trilogy for free, which is an acceptable compensation for having to wade through the lake of diarrhea the first one was, ha ha. Most excellent.

I kinda got that vibe after dying a lot in the demo; accidently blew myself up with a poorly planted bomb laugh.png. How did you get all the AC games for free? I don't remember PS+ giving out AC II, Brotherhood, or Revelations before (and even then, only AC II was given away for free via Xbox Gold for Games program in June). That's cool you got them, as AC II and Brotherhood are the best ones in the series thus far (and III being bad is negated with it being free at least tongue.png).

Oh, I borrowed all of them (and AC1 still managed to be the biggest waste of money I made that year). Was missing 3, now I can play that - the question is... should I?

On that line I'm eagerly awaiting for DmC to get on the service. Eagerly in the MST3K sense, of course.

How did you get all the AC games for free? I don't remember PS+ giving out AC II, Brotherhood, or Revelations before

For some reason... I think Brotherhood and AC 2 got added by mistake. I remember on the old store going into the new PSN+ update literally seconds after it went live, and I saw AC2 and brotherhood for free.

Put them on my download list, only I was curious since the notes said nothing about them being free... checked later and I saw they'd been moved to 'trial.' I've never downloaded them to check, but I either have a trial on my download list... or the full games.

Its cross-buy in EU though for there digital versions (quite the value, as the Vita version has separate trophy lists than the PS3 version), so you do get the Vita version if you get the PS3 version and vice versa.

I tried to download J&D through my Vita but there doesn't seem to be an option for it unfortunately. All 3 games say "this title cannot be downloaded on a Vita system" and there's no duplicate options (like with Stealth Inc. for instance, both versions are visible).

Either way, I'd probably just play them on the PS3 anyhoo due to the Vita versions apparently not being up to it. :P

Well, Sony trolled us guys. Apparently, they forgot about that Rayman Sale last month (which had Origins at a steep discounted price) and put up the Vita version as a free game for NA Plus....Isn't that nice for the people who bought the game during the sale angry.png!.

Sorry about that little rant (kinda stupid considering how Origins is wroth much more than 7 bucks otherwise tongue.png), but anyway, here's the upcoming line up of games for this months IGC for NA Plus which includes Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (those fun Wii Light Gun games), Ico HD, Galaga Legions DX for PS3 and Rayman Origins for Vita alongside the nice surprise of GTA Liberty City Stories being the PSP IGC tittle. No new discounts are sales were posted yet, but this is the new update thus far.

I tried to download J&D through my Vita but there doesn't seem to be an option for it unfortunately. All 3 games say "this title cannot be downloaded on a Vita system" and there's no duplicate options (like with Stealth Inc. for instance, both versions are visible).

Either way, I'd probably just play them on the PS3 anyhoo due to the Vita versions apparently not being up to it. tongue.png

Sorry if this response is a bit late, but you have to get the PS3 version first, then search for the Vita version, than download it (as the cross-buy is activated once you get the PS3 game, it just doesn't show in your download list) and even better, pick the game you want of the collection on the Vita (only pick Jak 1, its the only decent running of the three) and then you got the Vita version. Hope this helps, as having portable Jak and Daxter (even in it hampered form) is a very nice thing to have :).

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello guys, the new update for NA Plus is posted and will be live in a few hours, so here are todays updates to the NA PSN:

Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection aka the fun light gun shooters originally released on Wii (don't worry, the games also work with normal controls :)) is now part of the IGC. In regards to sales, this week has really weak ones (but with all the Vita love the past month in sales, who can blame them), so this weeks sales include discounted Pre-orders for digital versions of Puppeteer (35.99$), F1 2013 (53.99$) and F1 2013 Classic (67.49$), discounts for Retro City Rampage (which had a discount during the PAX sale last week) for 8.99, KickBeat (which lets you use your own music as tracks playable in the game) for 7.99, and Zombie Driver HD for PS3 at 3.99.

Not a great week for sales (and a little cheap of Sony to have Retro City Rampage AGAIN on sale but at a much higher price), but with Resident Evil being free, KickBeat looking like a lot of fun and getting a little discount on one of the shaper platforming hits this fall sound good to me :).

Today also includes new demos for upcoming and games releasing today which include:

• Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
  • Hunter’s Trophy 2 – America
  • Kickbeat (PS3/PS Vita)
  • Rayman Legends (PS Vita)

Hope this helps if anyone is interested in the sales, discounts, demos or free games :).

Hello guys, sorry if this update is a little late, but here's the new additions to the IGC and some sadly underwhelming sales.

The new IGC tittle is Galaga Legions DX for PS3, and while reactions to this game may be mixed (heard it wasn't so great sadly :(), but its a free game and its bound to offer some fun arcade goodness. Dragoon Book Fantasy II (cross buy with PS3/Vita), the final game in Summer Selects sale, and its 11.99$ with the Plus discount. The game is a old school NES/SNES-like RPG and while I never played the first one, this sounds like a fun game :). The other sales include the indie Vita game Doodle God at the Plus price of 4.49$, sales on Call of Duty content on PSN (mostly of the Black Ops tittles, a bundle for Modern Warfare, and other stuff) with an additional discount for Plus subscribers, and the baffling sales for Aliens Colonial Marines (a shit game mind you) with the game and its DLC being dirt cheap with Plus prices.

Overall weak line up for this week, but a solid free game and sales on two interesting Vita games (and for the masochists out there, some good ol Aliens Colonial Marines wink.png), so its a fine update. Hope this update helps and hope you guys looking forward to Ico next week (it has to, as TGS is during that time frame) :).

Hello, this weeks update includes a nice surprise; GTA Liberty City Stories for Vita/PSP and Ico HD for PS3 as the free games for this week, alongside some new sales for some of Square Enix's Edios games. The new sales for this week include:

Sleeping Dogs for 9.99 (Plus price)

Kane and Lynch 1 for 5.99 (Plus price)

Kane and Lynch 2 for 7.99 (Plus price)

Real Boxing for Vita at 8.99 (Plus price)

Pixel Junk Monsters HD for Vita at 11.99 (Plus price)

The sales may be iffy at best (Sleeping Dogs and Pixel Junk being the only worth while ones, notably if you never got Sleeping Dogs when it was a Plus free tittle), but the free games this week are great (I honestly did not expect Ico this week, as TGS is next week...) with being able to play a portable GTA and playing one of the best PS2 games ever made being really awesome. Hope this update helps NA Plus members out :).

Hello, the new line up for EU Plus got announced, and you guys got one hell of an update biggrin.png! The games coming to the IGC are Far Cry 3, Gigain Sisters, Dragons Dargama Dark Arisen for PS3 and Street Fight X Tekken and Katamari for Vita. Some really great games this month for you guys and as usually they will all be added together next week. Hope this update helps :).