Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

what point were we led to believe that literally nothing can damage him?

There's been many Sonic games with Super Sonic, where he couldn't be damaged. I've loved and studied Sonic facts for about half my life and I've always believed that he was invincible. It was games like Sonic 06 (Solaris) and Sonic Unleashed (Dark Gaia) that made me questions this.

A force of equal or greater power is probably capable of hurting him, hence why  Final Bosses like Solaris and Dark Gaia can damage him.

Okay, this seriously helps a lot here. It's made me wonder numerous times why he could get hurt in several games as Super Sonic. But do you have something to back up what you said? Maybe a link to where you read it, if you read it.

There's been many Sonic games with Super Sonic, where he couldn't be damaged.

Because he was game-invincible. Game-invincibility is not literal invincibility, it's just immunity to all or most game obstacles.

It's made me wonder numerous times why he could get hurt in several games as Super Sonic. But do you have something to back up what you said? Maybe a link to where you read it, if you read it.

Don't the games themselves prove it? You're not really going to find Sonic Team explaining the hardcore nerdy details of how Sonic stuff works.

It's made me wonder numerous times why he could get hurt in several games as Super Sonic. But do you have something to back up what you said?

Super Sonic's been getting attacked so hard that he loses rings (which out of gameplay terms/without rings could easily be stated as his actual energy to maintain the form) since as early as Advance 2, where he could be frozen and then sucked inside the final boss machine, having a pretty scary amount of rings knocked out on the spot. There's only a few other instances (Rush and Unleashed for certain, though I'm fairly sure Advance 3, Rush Adventure and 06 have it as well), and it may not be a regular thing, but Super Sonic's -not- completely invincible.

If it also counts, he's completely worn out and collapses straight out of the form in Unleashed after fighting Perfect Dark Gaia, so he's obviously taken a few hits in the fight even if any wounds aren't visible... which isn't much of a point, since Sonic's got a tough body that isn't phased in the least when cutting through metal, wires, etc.

Has any information about this white monster from the concept art of Sonic 1 been revealed? And was it the inspiration for Time Eater?

179718-alpha_sonic.jpg

It was just concept art, I mean...there's a walking dong in the bottom corner...and a flying hand.

• Thumbs Up 1

and an eggman prototype that looks like eggman nega, hmmm

None of the enemies besides the Eggman prototype and the monster in the bottom right (which only turned up in one screenshot we got hold of last year or so) have had anything shown or said about them. They're as mysterious now as they have been since the art turned up!

Also, Time Eater's design isn't really all that unique, considering it's primarily just a big purple cloud with eyes. I mean, put it up against Sonic's Frenzy Wisp transformation; what's all that different between the two?

Also, Time Eater's design isn't really all that unique, considering it's primarily just a big purple cloud with eyes. I mean, put it up against Sonic's Frenzy Wisp transformation; what's all that different between the two?

I'd say that Sonic's Void form looks more similar to the Time Eater than his Frenzy form;

1idg1y.png

time_eater_by_isaac55-d4dju6c.png

The links are very tenuous at best but I think there's a theory going around that the energy from the mind control cannon that hit the moon in Colours gave rise to the Time Eater. Because that energy from the cannon is made out of corrupt Hyper Go-On drained from Nega Wisps and considering Sonic turns into Void form by utilizing corrupt Hyper Go-on derived from Nega Wisps, maybe that's why Time Eater and Sonic's Void form look similar to each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh right, was Void I was thinking of! Keep getting the two mixed up, damn Wii and DS variations of essentially the same thing. D:

I personally kind of like the theory that Time Eater is the remains of Solaris seeping into the current timeline after Sonic and Elise made a bid to erase it and rebooted the timeline. It would help to validate how Crisis City would have been able to return; Solaris is primarily made up of Mephiles' conscience, so at least one of the characters in White Space would have remembered it (barring Blaze's one-off comment) and allowed it to exist. Since I like to imagine the locations are pulled from the character memories in the same vein of the Storybook series, where Sonic's memories take the form of his friends in place of important figures.

Regarding the Super Sonic thing, how does it work when he has an injury? I always believed the form healed any injuries Sonic had, but after seeing that Sonic X screenshot I'm thinking otherwise.

Regarding the Super Sonic thing, how does it work when he has an injury? I always believed the form healed any injuries Sonic had, but after seeing that Sonic X screenshot I'm thinking otherwise.

Well curiously, when you start the Perfect Dark Gaia boss in HD Unleashed, Super Sonic's health in his HP bar is really low and you have you restore it by collecting rings before you reach Perfect Dark Gaia's shield or the boss will be made harder. I always attributed this curious initial lack of HP at the beginning of the fight to Dark Gaia injuring normal Sonic by forcibly ripping the portion of itself from him, which feasibly results in Super Sonic's low health at the beginning of the fight.

In episode 53, when Super Sonic/Sonic is visibly wounded, he seems to tire quicker and simply isn't as fast as he usually is. This is noticed by Tails, Knuckles and Amy.

How many times has the Tornado been destroyed or made a crash landing?

• Thumbs Up 1

How many times has the Tornado been destroyed or made a crash landing?

Off the top off my head:

1 - Sonic 2: shot down in Wing fortress

1? - Sonic 3: Flies off screen before Angel Island, status unknown

4 - Sonic Adv 1: Crashed in Emerald coast, Shot down in Sky Chase 1, crash lands after Sky Chase 2, Crash by big after Chaos 6 battle.

1? - Sonic Heroes: Flies off screen before Seaside hill, Status unknown.

1 - Sonic Rush Adventure: Crash lands in Blaze's dimension.

1 - Sonic Unleashed: Shot down in Eggmanland.

1? - Sonic 4 Ep 2: Flies off screen after Sky Fortress battle, Status unknown.

7-10 times depending on if and when you believe Tails installed an auto pilot function.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does Eggman look the way he does in Sonic 06? Did he get plastic surgery or something? and when Elise blew out the candle, did she "prevent" him from changing his cartoony appearance for a more realistic approach?

The changes in  designs from game to game,both in terms of the world and the characters are non-diegetic. They have to be or there's no way to explain the manga humans from adventure, more realistic 06 characters and the pixarian humans from unleashed.

These changes don't take place in the "real world" of the games.

Why did Eggman look different? I always thought he thinned himself to look good for Elise XD

Why did Eggman look different? I always thought he thinned himself to look good for Elise XD

To fit with the art style and setting of 06. The classic and current eggman designs would clash horribly with the realistic humans.

What you don't see underneath that jacket is a LOT of cumberbands.

Edited by Pikachu in a Sombrero

How can cream understand everything cheese is saying?

The same way pet owners understand what their pets are saying. Either that, or she's fluent in the Chao language.

The same way pet owners understand what their pets are saying. Either that, or she's fluent in the Chao language.

It wouldn't be too far fetched to say she is.

The same way pet owners understand what their pets are saying.

Flip a coin between "feed me!" and "hey there's a thing over there!"?

There's one very odd thing I noticed about Knuckles' story in Sonic Adventure.

After he's restored some of the Master Emerald and notices that it still isn't complete, Gamma falls out of the sky for literally no apparent reason (6:10 in this video);

Why? Gamma at this point in his story chronologically has no reason at all to go to Angel Island. Unless Gamma is doing this whilst his consciousness has been warped into the past by Tikal, which happened directly after finding Froggy at Emerald Coast and is subconsciously making his way to Final Egg to re-board the Egg Carrier. This behaviour is implied with other characters - Sonic mysteriously finding himself outside the entrance to Lost World after Tikal warped his consciousness to the past when he was in the center of the ruins looking at the mural after he was 'warped' into the past, Tails back near the lake of Mystic Ruin after completing Sand Ruin after being warped into the past, Amy back at the Egg Carrier swimming pool after escaping the Hot Shelter and being warped into the past.

Going by Sonic's venture into flashbackville when Tails was there at the time in Super Sonic's story, it's directly stated that Sonic's physical body remained in the present but his consciousness was warped into the past. Maybe the characters bodies act in the present whilst their minds are in the past. That's the best way to explain it.

Flip a coin between "feed me!" and "hey there's a thing over there!"?

Where's the side that says "I'm going to shit on you and you're going to clean it up bitch"?

There's one very odd thing I noticed about Knuckles' story in Sonic Adventure.

After he's restored some of the Master Emerald and notices that it still isn't complete, Gamma falls out of the sky for literally no apparent reason (6:10 in this video);

Why? Gamma at this point in his story chronologically has no reason at all to go to Angel Island. Unless Gamma is doing this whilst his consciousness has been warped into the past by Tikal, which happened directly after finding Froggy at Emerald Coast and is subconsciously making his way to Final Egg to re-board the Egg Carrier. This behaviour is implied with other characters - Sonic mysteriously finding himself outside the entrance to Lost World after Tikal warped his consciousness to the past when he was in the center of the ruins looking at the mural after he was 'warped' into the past, Tails back near the lake of Mystic Ruin after completing Sand Ruin after being warped into the past, Amy back at the Egg Carrier swimming pool after escaping the Hot Shelter and being warped into the past.

Going by Sonic's venture into flashbackville when Tails was there at the time in Super Sonic's story, it's directly stated that Sonic's physical body remained in the present but his consciousness was warped into the past. Maybe the characters bodies act in the present whilst their minds are in the past. That's the best way to explain it.

So, like sleepwalking, but on a spiritual level?

Huh, for some reason the way I remembered it they usually woke up from the visions in the same place they were before, but I guess not. Perhaps Tikal was actively sending them in the direction she knows they need to go next?