Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Regarding the Sally species question; I'm not surprised people are confused. In SatAM it was never truly established what she was (then again, Antoine's species was never established either) although King Max was always a squirrel, and in Archie she used to be a squirrel/chipmunk hybrid until Ian came along and made her species purely chipmunk. 

I thought she was a "ground squirrel".. or is that another word for chipmunk?! Like mountain lion and puma being the same thing...

Also, I always assumed she was a squirrel 'cause, yknow... Acorn... XD

My question is, Why is there an almost exact replica of the Master Emerald shrine in the Space Colony ARK (Where you fight the Biolizard)?

• Thumbs Up 1

My question is, Why is there an almost exact replica of the Master Emerald shrine in the Space Colony ARK (Where you fight the Biolizard)?

I'd guess to harness the power of the Emeralds. I mean, how else would you absorb the Emerald's power? It's not like there's an outlet to plug the Emeralds into. 

Edited by OmegaXCL
  • Thumbs Up 1

Following on from that, how do the emeralds get from the control panel to the shrine, no one moves them, how do they get to it?!

The scene where all the teams gather in SA2 shows the Emeralds moving automatically from one spot to another, which I assume would be an automated feature when all 7 emeralds are gathered.

The scene where all the teams gather in SA2 shows the Emeralds moving automatically from one spot to another, which I assume would be an automated feature when all 7 emeralds are gathered.

That, or the Bio-lizard warped them there when it was released from wherever the hell it was held during the Final Story. Presuming it was acting to complete Gerald's objective and didn't want interruptions.

Edited by 743-E.D. Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

That, or the Bio-lizard warped them there when it was released from wherever the hell it was held during the Final Story. Presuming it was acting to complete Gerald's objective and didn't want interruptions.

A good theory, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense given what they had shown us. The Biolizard was still a Chekhov's Gun at the time, so hardly anyone knew anything about it. So for it to do something off screen and not be touched upon later wouldn't fit so well as an explanation. 

Speaking of SA2, why in the world is Tails flying around Sky Rail/Pumpkin Hill and Route 280 when Rouge and Shadow are chasing him for his Emerald? At this point in the story chronologically, is he flying around to stay away from the authorities in the daytime after the Moon is blown up considering that he's presumably wanted for busting Sonic out of Prison Island?

Also in this timeframe, exactly where does Sonic go? He splits from Tails in an effort to draw the cops attention and it's clear that they remain separated until they meet up inside the president's limo, which is overnight. Isn't Sonic trying to remain incognito or something? He does complain over the walkie talkie that police are everywhere.

Speaking of SA2, why in the world is Tails flying around Sky Rail/Pumpkin Hill and Route 280 when Rouge and Shadow are chasing him for his Emerald? At this point in the story chronologically, is he flying around to stay away from the authorities in the daytime after the Moon is blown up considering that he's presumably wanted for busting Sonic out of Prison Island?

Also in this timeframe, exactly where does Sonic go? He splits from Tails in an effort to draw the cops attention and it's clear that they remain separated until they meet up inside the president's limo, which is overnight. Isn't Sonic trying to remain incognito or something? He does complain over the walkie talkie that police are everywhere.

For plot Convenience. Though tails in Sky Rail could be the result of not finding a nice hiding spot. Tails can't hide anywhere in the city so he flies off to Pumpkin Hill to find a decent hiding spot. Him at the streets? I have no idea.

Also, a similar question:

Why does Gamma appear near Red mountain during Knuckles' story in SA1? He has no business being there because this was before Gamma's Robot killing spree and right after he retrieved Froggy and returned to base.

I know these questions can be answered with "because 06", but how the hell did Tails and Knuckles go from going with Sonic to Kingdom Valley, then disappearing until Aquatic Base, 10 minutes earlier? How did they even get in?

And why does Blaze go from going with Silver to Radical Train, then disappearing until Silver beats Aquatic Base, then going to Kingdom Valley with Silver, disappearing AGAIN during Kingdom Valley, then REAPPEARING when the level's beaten?!

And HOW did Blaze's backstory get into the final game without no-one involved saying "hey, this isn't the backstory we actually gave her"?!

I know these questions can be answered with "because 06", but how the hell did Tails and Knuckles go from going with Sonic to Kingdom Valley, then disappearing until Aquatic Base, 10 minutes earlier? How did they even get in?

And why does Blaze go from going with Silver to Radical Train, then disappearing until Silver beats Aquatic Base, then going to Kingdom Valley with Silver, disappearing AGAIN during Kingdom Valley, then REAPPEARING when the level's beaten?!

And HOW did Blaze's backstory get into the final game without no-one involved saying "hey, this isn't the backstory we actually gave her"?!

I think it's safe to say that during NextGen's development, the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing, or that there was even a right hand in the first place.

I've always thought of this as the characters following the main characters. Like Tails and Knuckles would follow Sonic, but not really say much, and be used when needed. Same for Blaze, really it's pretty much the only way you could make sense of it.

I believe that I recall the Sonic Team guy (The name slips my mind ^^;) saying that Blaze's back story is NOT CANON. Pretty useful fact, huh?

I just want to say this, but I feel like Solaris was the reason that Silver and Blaze met, so since there wasn't a Solaris, Silver and Blaze never met, so that would mean her back story in 06 wouldn't be Canon.

Also, I think the Sonic Team guy said that her whole story and stuff is the Sonic Rush story. That's her, not '06's story. She's the Princess and Guardian of the Sol emeralds, yata yata yata.

Still, I was pretty curious why Sonic and Blaze didn't recognize each other. But, I guess since Sonic '06 was supposed to be a reboot of the series, they were trying to make a whole new back story for the characters. Makes sense, right? Although you got a little hint of it when Mephiles mentioned the Blue Hedgehog  and Blaze thought to herself, "Blue...Hedgehog...?" That's about it. Kind of a bummer, even when I liked the game when I was a kid I wondered that.

They were put in Sonic and SIlver's respective Hammer Space!

I-er-bu-wha...?

No character has EVER been put into hammerspace. And how do you explain them waiting in other rooms/Soleanna city 10 years after Aquatic Base?

I've always thought of this as the characters following the main characters. Like Tails and Knuckles would follow Sonic, but not really say much, and be used when needed. Same for Blaze, really it's pretty much the only way you could make sense of it.

Explain how Blaze is waiting for Silver when he comes back to the present if she supposedly followed Silver the whole time. And if she was, why the hell didn't she lift a finger to help Silver against Shadow?

I believe that I recall the Sonic Team guy (The name slips my mind ^^wink.png saying that Blaze's back story is NOT CANON. Pretty useful fact, huh?

I just want to say this, but I feel like Solaris was the reason that Silver and Blaze met, so since there wasn't a Solaris, Silver and Blaze never met, so that would mean her back story in 06 wouldn't be Canon.

Also, I think the Sonic Team guy said that her whole story and stuff is the Sonic Rush story. That's her, not '06's story. She's the Princess and Guardian of the Sol emeralds, yata yata yata.

Still, I was pretty curious why Sonic and Blaze didn't recognize each other. But, I guess since Sonic '06 was supposed to be a reboot of the series, they were trying to make a whole new back story for the characters. Makes sense, right? Although you got a little hint of it when Mephiles mentioned the Blue Hedgehog  and Blaze thought to herself, "Blue...Hedgehog...?" That's about it. Kind of a bummer, even when I liked the game when I was a kid I wondered that.

"The Sonic Team guy" is Takashi Iizuka. And I'm very well aware of him saying "remember when '06 said this? Yeah, forget that" and that Rush Blaze is THE Blaze.

And that still doesn't really answer my question of why they gave Blaze the backstory they did. And why the official site gives her Rush backstory when in the actual game it's VERY different.

Edited by Spin Attaxx

Ok so I just found out that real life echidnas reproduce by laying eggs. So do Echidnas in the sonic world lay eggs or give birth to live young? (Going with the Archie continuity since Knuckles isn't the last of his kind there)

^But he might be if recent events are to go by....

But yeah, might as well say the Babylon Rogues come from space eggs while we're at it.

Ok so I just found out that real life echidnas reproduce by laying eggs. So do Echidnas in the sonic world lay eggs or give birth to live young? (Going with the Archie continuity since Knuckles isn't the last of his kind there)

I'm pretty sure echidnas were oviporous in the comics.

This reminds me: why do people say echidnas are extinct in the games? Sure, Knuckles is the only one we see (the only living one, that is), and he's canonically the last of a tribe made of echidnas, but surely you don't expect me to believe that they (and possibly the Nocturnus Tribe) made up the entire echidna population!

Edited by ElectroKyurem

I'm pretty sure echidnas were oviporous in the comics.

This reminds me: why do people say echidnas are extinct in the games? Sure, Knuckles is the only one we see (the only living one, that is), and he's canonically the last of a tribe made of echidnas, but surely you don't expect me to believe that they (and possibly the Nocturnus Tribe) made up the entire echidna population!

Probably because no one has seen one other than Knuckles.(I believe the RPG is non-canon)

Why not?

It's always been Earth. Colors saying it's Sonic's world was just odd on the script's part.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by DarkLight

Why not?

Because logically speaking, it doesn't make any sense. And before you or anyone else tries to refute my claim, remember that it's just my opinion. I have just as much right to believe that Knuckles isn't the world's last echidna as you do to believe that he is.