Awoo.

Your Unanswered Sonic Questions

Person

Did exposure to the master emerald cause sonic to mature? If Sonic 4 is set right after 3&K it might explain this change in appearance?

But where the hell does Mania and Superstars fit in then??? 

• Fist Bump 1

Posted (edited)

Who the heck is sonic? I mean we know him from the games, but what was he like before then? What was his life like on Christmas Island? Who are his parents? Why are his shoes so important? Why did he start going on adventures? And most importantly, why is he so powerful?

Edited by Knight Terror
  • Thumbs Up 1

Whats Silver's origin? Like who are his ancestors

On 5/20/2024 at 2:42 PM, Knight Terror said:

Who the heck is sonic? I mean we know him from the games, but what was he like before then? What was his life like on Christmas Island? Who are his parents? Why are his shoes so important? Why did he start going on adventures? And most importantly, why is he so powerful?

In the Fleetway Comics its explained he was just a regular, brown hedgehog, then something happened (i forgot) and he got superspeed and became blue. Eggman was also a good doctor, ate a bad expermental egg, and became bad.

On 5/20/2024 at 6:59 PM, sonicfan800 said:

Whats Silver's origin? Like who are his ancestors

One thing is for certain... whatever is his past, considering his original timeline was that of a scrapped world, i'm pretty sure its quite dark. Maybe his parents got killed by Iblis, for example.

Now, I always wondered: In Shadow the Hedgehog, the president has a picture of Sonic and Shadow together. Who took that picture? And when? During the events of Sonic Adventure 2, but when exactly? Sonic and Shadow didn't meet up a lot during the events of SA2 while on Earth, doesn't make any sense. Maybe that photo was like, an elaborated photoshop, by the President's request, or maybe it was taken during the time between the end of Heroes and the start of Shadow TH...

3 hours ago, AlexHidanBR said:

In the Fleetway Comics its explained he was just a regular, brown hedgehog, then something happened (i forgot) and he got superspeed and became blue. Eggman was also a good doctor, ate a bad expermental egg, and became bad.

One thing is for certain... whatever is his past, considering his original timeline was that of a scrapped world, i'm pretty sure its quite dark. Maybe his parents got killed by Iblis, for example.

Comics don't count

On 5/20/2024 at 10:44 AM, Sonikkumania said:

It's time to bump this legendary thread!

Why is the font for Sonic Adventure subtitles Comic Scans?

Comic Sans wasn't always seen as the joke that it is today. Up until the early 2000s, it was just a typeface like any other. And because it was designed for use in comic books, it was a pretty good thematic fit for subtitles and menus in a lot of games as something soft and very legible.  Other than the Sonic Adventure series, it was also heavily used in The Sims, Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (notably late as this was 2009) and even American Mcgee's Alice.

Comic Sans isn't inherently bad. It's just been overused and misused. It's very, very out of fashion now even when used correctly. It simply doesn't fit in with then clean and minimalist presentation that games take on nowadays. But for the Adventure games in '98/99 and' 01, it was the perfect choice. Why wouldn't you use it?