Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

I seriously hope they release another patch for the Wii U version soon. Every single time my brother and I try to play online together through the same console, the game will freeze without fail. Sometimes it'll be in the first race, sometimes we'll get through a few before it does, but it always freezes.

Weird! Never happened to me. Try unplugging the Wii U's power source or something. Nintendo always tells people to do that for freezing issues.

Weird! Never happened to me. Try unplugging the Wii U's power source or something. Nintendo always tells people to do that for freezing issues.

If it only freezes online it can't be the hardware. Does the Wii U have an option to clear the HDD's cache?

Unplugging the console 'fixes' the problem in that it's the only way to stop the frozen game. It doesn't stop the problem from repeating, though. 

My brother also noticed something weird on Tails' character model in this game yesterday; the fact that his blinking animation is broken. When you win as Tails and see him standing there, his eyes only close about one tenth of the way when he tries to blink, it looks weird. XD

I don't have time to read all 18 pages right now so I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue. I appologize if my questions also have previously been answered.

I have a glitch in the level "Keil's Carnage" which is a traffic attack on the Panzer Dragoon stage. I am playing on 360 and picking S class difficulty. When I hit the 6th blue check point or the green bonus before it, I do not get any time added to my clock. It will make the sound but no time gets added. I have tried to complete the level anyway for five days now. I have come so close by trying to make up for the lost time with boots and drift boost. Unfortunately I have not been sucessful. This glitch only happens on S class. The only other glitch I have had is players 2-4 can not get any achivements. I have found others with the achivement issue but so far I'm the only one with the Keils Carnage glitch. I'm mad and disappointed at the same time that this will prevent me from completing the game.

Is anyone else having a problem with this stage? Is Sega aware we are having issues? This will be the 4th place online I have posted trying to find some clarification on this issue. Until now I thought I was basicly alone.

players 2-4 can not get any achivements.

Do Players 2-4 actually sign it or is it like almost every other 360/PS3 game where they are a guest? If the latter, then it was done on purpose.

I just saw some players applying weird tricks to beat the expert ghosts in some tracks. For example in Sanctuary Falls. I saw a random player's ghost jumping out of the track on the middle way of that 3 way line at the beggining of the race. I was like, "WTF he just killed himself..." I decided to try and yes, you CAN land on other part of the track, skipping a lot of it, and finish a 1 minute race in 30 ~ 40 seconds. The trick is to take the finger off the gas and turn your car with the left analog to the right (assuming you're playing the normal mode). It's really easy to do once you get used to it... or almost. I tried it online, but I accidentaly failed to make the air turn and fell to my death. Finished the race in last haha

Also saw a guy's ghost taking the third lap way earlier in Graveyard Gig. I couldn't do this glitch, tho.

It can be done faster if you get your car under the track below. Then it'll finish the lap right there in about 15 seconds. It's tough to pull off without a high enough Handling and Acceleration ratings, but some records are set with Metal Sonic.

I don't have time to read all 18 pages right now so I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue. I appologize if my questions also have previously been answered.   I have a glitch in the level "Keil's Carnage" which is a traffic attack on the Panzer Dragoon stage. I am playing on 360 and picking S class difficulty. When I hit the 6th blue check point or the green bonus before it, I do not get any time added to my clock. It will make the sound but no time gets added. I have tried to complete the level anyway for five days now. I have come so close by trying to make up for the lost time with boots and drift boost. Unfortunately I have not been sucessful. This glitch only happens on S class. The only other glitch I have had is players 2-4 can not get any achivements. I have found others with the achivement issue but so far I'm the only one with the Keils Carnage glitch. I'm mad and disappointed at the same time that this will prevent me from completing the game.   Is anyone else having a problem with this stage? Is Sega aware we are having issues? This will be the 4th place online I have posted trying to find some clarification on this issue. Until now I thought I was basicly alone.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that some of the gates aren't supposed to give you time. I dunno, it's happened to me before.

I don't have time to read all 18 pages right now so I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue. I appologize if my questions also have previously been answered.

I have a glitch in the level "Keil's Carnage" which is a traffic attack on the Panzer Dragoon stage. I am playing on 360 and picking S class difficulty. When I hit the 6th blue check point or the green bonus before it, I do not get any time added to my clock. It will make the sound but no time gets added. I have tried to complete the level anyway for five days now. I have come so close by trying to make up for the lost time with boots and drift boost. Unfortunately I have not been sucessful. This glitch only happens on S class. The only other glitch I have had is players 2-4 can not get any achivements. I have found others with the achivement issue but so far I'm the only one with the Keils Carnage glitch. I'm mad and disappointed at the same time that this will prevent me from completing the game.

Is anyone else having a problem with this stage? Is Sega aware we are having issues? This will be the 4th place online I have posted trying to find some clarification on this issue. Until now I thought I was basicly alone.

The gates are supposed to give you time for every checkpoint marker/time bonus you get. If you run into a car that carries the optional time bonus, it will not grant you any time. If you hit a car that holds the checkpoint though, it should still count as if you went through the line. I don't remember having a problem with any of the traffic attacks in terms of them giving time when I played. Are you playing the World Tour events single player or with guests? I've heard that playing local multiplayer in the events leads to some weirdness happening that normally wouldn't.

At any rate, sorry to hear and hope you get some answers. :0

Do Players 2-4 actually sign it or is it like almost every other 360/PS3 game where they are a guest? If the latter, then it was done on purpose.

Correct, guest can't get achivements. My friend was signed in.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that some of the gates aren't supposed to give you time. I dunno, it's happened to me before.

You should get time for each gate. In this video the player has no problems. You can even see me asking him about it in the comments.

The gates are supposed to give you time for every checkpoint marker/time bonus you get. If you run into a car that carries the optional time bonus, it will not grant you any time. If you hit a car that holds the checkpoint though, it should still count as if you went through the line. I don't remember having a problem with any of the traffic attacks in terms of them giving time when I played. Are you playing the World Tour events single player or with guests? I've heard that playing local multiplayer in the events leads to some weirdness happening that normally wouldn't.

At any rate, sorry to hear and hope you get some answers. :0

I never thought about trying it with two players and seeing if its fixed. I'll give that a try.

Edited by LordYoshi

Keep in mind each checkpoint decreases in time.. so that 6th checkpoint could be a minor time boost you're not seeing.

@HogFather - Same with the Boost/Drift challenges. No way someone can share a drift track without smacking.

Edited by Autosaver

Now imagine: Traffic attack - expert - Burning Depths. No weapons, no ammo.

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now imagine: Traffic attack - expert - Burning Depths. No weapons, no ammo.

HHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR.

But that's impossible since you have to transform to a boat. And traffic attack doesn't support boats. D=

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't believe that the Wii U pro controller rumble not working is urgent....but anyway add the Wii U Alex Kidd glitches (As an AI he crashes into walls and his console mod doesn't unlock)

But that's impossible since you have to transform to a boat. And traffic attack doesn't support boats. D=

oh god

oh god

oh god

Let's keep it this way.

I'm surprised there's no boat challenges, maybe it would have been a good idea so we got used to using the boats and learning evasive manoeuvres, I mean the plane's got the ring challenges to themselves, and every thing else was for vehicles, but nothing for boats, kind of throws the point of the boats out the window with everything but racing and A.I Challenge races.

Hell, I would have loved to see a water gate version of the Rings challenge, but then again with how difficult the game can be, I bet you the Expert difficulty would be insanely hard with the Boat's much different control threshold compared to the Car and Plane!

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the most pressing matters right now are the glitched mods for Alex Kidd (Wii U version only, if I'm correct) and the weird collision online (all versions), even more so the weird collision.

Finally got 110% last night after 67 hours and 44 minutes of gameplay. It still says Ralph is my "favorite character" though, which is irritating because I don't even slightly like him, nor do I ever play as him. I only did enough to unlock all of his mods.

Oh well, this game overall left a poor taste in my mouth and I'm not upset about the prospect of putting it down now. Tonight I think I'll play the first All-Stars Racing and I'll have a jovial time.

If you don't mind, pls tell me(us) how you think it holds up after the 67 hours and 44 minutes you've spent into transformed. 

Edited by Djawed

You know, my favorite character should be Sonic or Amy...but the game put it down as Vyse. Vyse?! I used him rarely! Like 7 events? I even played more events with Amigo then him! And no matter how many times I play with Amy, it still says Vyse is my favorite! This is obviously a bug. And the game DID put down Amy as my favorite character before, right until I touched Vyse. Wish I hadn't now.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana

Apparently, the favorite character seems to change when you use him online more than other mode. Tails was stuck in my license a long time, no matter how much I use other chars, he doesn't leave. But then last week I've played some matchmaking with Vyse three times in a row, and now he's my favorite char lol

I don't know. I've used MeeMee and Eggman way more online and offline than Ulala. Maybe it just goes by the first character you max out.

Maybe it just goes by the first character you max out.

I maxed out Amy first though.

Had a major glitch yesterday that killed the game from my point of view - although the race continued based on the Gamepad rankings and the announcer's voice way off in the distance.  Racing along through Star Carnival and all of a sudden the screen looked like someone had punched an Atari:  big, worse than 8-bit blocks of hot pink and hot pink/cyan stripes, flashing like a seizure trigger.  Along with that was a roar like constant thunder.  Home button let me exit out and restarting the game set everything back to normal, but I'm really glad I was losing that race already.  I have literally not seen that sort of crash since we had the ColecoVision.

Had a major glitch yesterday that killed the game from my point of view - although the race continued based on the Gamepad rankings and the announcer's voice way off in the distance.  Racing along through Star Carnival and all of a sudden the screen looked like someone had punched an Atari:  big, worse than 8-bit blocks of hot pink and hot pink/cyan stripes, flashing like a seizure trigger.  Along with that was a roar like constant thunder.  Home button let me exit out and restarting the game set everything back to normal, but I'm really glad I was losing that race already.  I have literally not seen that sort of crash since we had the ColecoVision.

See kids.

Don't do drugs. Not even once.

Looks like Starlight Carnival is very glitchy based on how many people have weird stuff happen on it. I found a video of a respawn bug which affected what looks like the entire online lobby.