Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

Cheers guys.

With regards to the Snake-mouth "glitch", that's more of a flaw in design if you can crash into it. On Dream Valley and Chilly Castle, I can think of a couple more areas where you'll crash into the ceiling. No glitching into a void, but still hugely debilitating.

Cheers guys.

With regards to the Snake-mouth "glitch", that's more of a flaw in design if you can crash into it. On Dream Valley and Chilly Castle, I can think of a couple more areas where you'll crash into the ceiling. No glitching into a void, but still hugely debilitating.

Yes, it's a level design flaw indeed. About the Chilly Castle, I know exactly which part you're referring, I have never hit the ceiling there, but hell, sometimes it looks like I'm gonna easily. Dream Valley have lots of unfinished collision detection yep, there are plenty of mountains where you can clip through, Sonic 06 style xD

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure the stage design could be slightly altered in a patch.

That snake's mouth issue is a pain and a half.

Yes, it's a level design flaw indeed. About the Chilly Castle, I know exactly which part you're referring, I have never hit the ceiling there, but hell, sometimes it looks like I'm gonna easily. Dream Valley have lots of unfinished collision detection yep, there are plenty of mountains where you can clip through, Sonic 06 style xD

Really? Never? I have to make a conscious effort every time I play to slow down and  avoid hitting it. It's screwed me over for too many times (though it's also screwed over the AI and I can't complain about that).

is this patch out yet? no signs of it in italy sad.png

It seems that it's out on PS3 but not yet on 360.

I hate that part in Chilly Castle. I go too fast and I hit the ceiling when you are about to transform to a boat. Slows me down entirely. That still exists in the PC version even after quite a few patches.

• Thumbs Up 1

Youtuber AlphaOmegaSin did a lets play on this... and he captured one hell of an odd bug too.

This is on the Wii-U version of the game. Skip to 3:00 and keep your eyes on BD Joe.

• Thumbs Up 6

My guess is he accidentally drove up the side of the wall a little bit and flipped due to his trajectory. 

It's happened to me a few times, drive at a weird angle at a wall or side of the road and you drive on the side of it and flip off, sometimes with hilarious consequences.

I'm guessing that the fact that he was trying to drift too might've had something to do with it. He was already against the wall, that made him slow down enough for gravity to take effect.

In the Wii U version for some reason Alex Kidd will always just hit a wall and stop. It's always at the same places too. 

I really wish they'd fix the problem where when you hit someone from behind, you give them a boost.

That's not a real "problem" at all actually, it's called physics!

If you don't want to give the guy in front a boost, don't boost into them from behind. Simple as that.

Part of the strategy of the game is to keep yourself in front by having the guy trying to get past you push you forward instead.

I'm not sure if this has been said already, but I can't flip forwards or backwards while drifting in the PC version.

Am I the only one who's having problems with the online? When a race is finished it just stays in the "waiting for the players" screen...I had to restart the game everytime D:

• 3 weeks later...

I just levelled up Ulala and my experience points are now negative -13400. tongue.png

*sigh*

Well that's new.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, SSMB! I think I should post here.

I have a problem in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I faced with a bug, most likely because of the last update.(maybe?) I started to play a new save file recently. Maybe that's why no one noticed this, because all got this long ago. (in my thoughts) The problem is next: sticker "Parts Shop" don't want to be got (Win any event with a Mod equipped (next after raising the level of character, for example)), and therefore an appropriate achievement on Steam also doesn't get. I started a new game for many times (with a sudden of save being bugged), downloaded the game from Steam once again, was trying to get it with changed language in the game - nothing have helped. Is it possible to roll back to the previous game update or should I just go to the appropriate topic for the game in Steam forum? So, who knows something - respond, please.

Also, my bad if my English is incorrect. happy.png

UPD: The problem has been solved. All of a sudden I'd thought about trying to maximize the graphics settings. (maybe it'll work...). And, yes! Actually worked. I was surprised. Oh, now it is a mystery to me how the hell in this game changing graphics settings directly affect the gameplay, not the textures and graphics quality.

Nevertheless, I'm glad this works.

Edited by SpeedyTH

• 2 months later...

I fail to see how having Jet Set Radio on your screen at all times is a bad thing. :P

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Not sure if this a bug/glitch but it's rather annoying.

The music will randomly skip for no reason when you go through the transformation gates in Dragon Canyon, Temple Trouble, Galactic Parade and Dream Valley.