Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

Another Bug last night. I was in first place in Bingo highway or whatever its called. I won as I was in first on the third lap and upon passing the finish line it started the countdown clock. it than said I DNF the race. I cut off my system before it set in that loss for no reason.

Another Bug last night. I was in first place in Bingo highway or whatever its called. I won as I was in first on the third lap and upon passing the finish line it started the countdown clock. it than said I DNF the race. I cut off my system before it set in that loss for no reason.

I had this same glitch on the Wii U version once. Okay I was in fifth instead of first, but still. I got a DNF. It was funny and annoying at the same time.

Same glitch, same track. I won the race, but I could still control my character through the "fourth lap". Got DNF after the 30 secs countdown aswell :/

I believe the PC version might have a crash to desktop bug. Sometimes after finishing an event it was say some file of the game stopped working and it crashes to desktop. I'll have to screencap it next time it happens.

Well atleast you guys can play the game, I am suffering with a really annoying bug here, every race I start, the screen freezes, I still can see the driver balloons moving and the sounds, and I can pause too, it just seems like the cars just can't move

w9ffpk.png

I got that and I am using an Nvidia card. It only happened once early on though and was fine for the next couple of hours.

Edited by Pawn

I guess you guys are not using Nvidia cards.

nVidia doesn't save you here I'm afraid.

It's a pity that so many people have had issues with it on Steam (I dare you to look at the Steam Community forums, and then their spread to SEGA forums...). The game plays well on my machine that's a few years out of date though.

I mean no offence to the guys at Sumo, but there's a few things that have gone wonky. I've had a few crashes (ASN_App_PcDx9_Final.exe has stopped working), nothing has hindered me so far but it's been irritating, though apparently for some it has flat out prevented progress. The issue with multiple controllers not working properly, rendering the configuration screen useless unless you wanna stick to a keyboard. The online multiplayer seems to be regionlocked, which is fine for random matches for the sake of lag, however it appears no-one can invite people from other regions from their own friends list. Plus it seems to leave Steams inbuilt voice function on by default (unless you turn it off I assume. I can't see it working if people muted their mics >_>).

I suppose I should have posted this here but I was generally rambling.

There's a lot of people having problems with the steam version. Unfortunately I've come to get used to bugs and PC ports of Sonic games =P

Edited by DarkOverord

I haven't encountered a PC exclusive bug yet.

I encountered one bug so far on the PC and it's this:

...and that happens on every version excluding PS3 & Vita.

Edited by Merry Ming Shana
  • Thumbs Up 2

Don't play online and enjoy it while it lasts.

So you're saying these bugs only happen online?

So you're saying these bugs only happen online?

No. Just that the majority I've seen on Steam's community forums are related to online. The crash to desktop bug is at random most the time. And the controller bug depends on the controller.

No. Just that the majority I've seen on Steam's community forums are related to online. The crash to desktop bug is at random most the time. And the controller bug depends on the controller.

Ah okay, I've yet to play online. I usually stay away from online stuff. DX

And I use a PS3 controller disguised as a 360 controller. No problems with the controller, since they tested the 360 controller controls.

Well atleast you guys can play the game, I am suffering with a really annoying bug here, every race I start, the screen freezes, I still can see the driver balloons moving and the sounds, and I can pause too, it just seems like the cars just can't move

*picture*

The cars don't move, or the main screen becomes static? (Yes, they are two very different things). If it's the latter, The only thing I could think of is try disabling motion-blur, as it seems like it's about that time it kicks in. And if that fails, switch everything to its lowest possible setting, and then go through the process of turning stuff back on until it breaks again.

This also assuming you have already correctly updated your graphics drivers to the upmost latest version.

I don't think i've ever actually quit the game myself; it always seems to decide for itself when I should stop playing and freezes up during a loading screen. (360)

Useful feature considering how long i'd spend playing it otherwise... sleep.png

Edited by Wordy

Playing the ps3 version and had the freeze glitch twice now in split screen world tour. At the end of a race everything slows down and comes to a freeze. Then you have to reset the system and all the data gets wiped from the game. Grrrr! Pretty annoying after hours of play so I'm giving up on the game and hoping a patch fixes this

all the data gets wiped from the game.

Woah, what the hell?

I knew the game froze, but I've never heard of it wiping your save data.

Yup. It's happened twice. Always one of the split screens freezes, including the sound, at the end of a race. Once, it fixed itself but the other two times I lost all the data. That's a pretty big glitch, I would imagine.

^ If the PS3 freezes while it's saving data, it will get corrupted. And don't think it's common, because this rarely happens. You could have a bad copy of the game.

Yeah, an odd like 20 people out of 7,000+ owners will have strange problems with the game that should never occur, like yours, freezing while it's saving the game. 

Do you still have your receipt? You should try and ask your retailer for a different PS3 copy of the game.

Yea im ignoring online until a patch for online collisons gets fixed. im sick of players hitting me and my car stopping or smacking the wall.

Ok, this seems pretty bizarre. I encountered this on the Wii U version, and basically when playing as Reala on Race of Ages in car mode, I can't charge a boost. Or rather, the boost sort of charges but just arbitrarily fails. It does the effect for when you screw up a starting boost. Sometimes I can actually get a charge but it just fails when I try to use it.

The bizarre thing is that it actually seems to just be Reala in car mode on Race of Ages. Boat mode seems to work fine, I don't use plane drifting on that track, other characters on RoA seem fine, Reala on other tracks seems fine.

It's just Reala. As a car. On Race of Ages.