Awoo.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed: Bug Thread [PATCH UPDATE 3/21/13]

Autosaver

Well, to be honest I didn't actually check with every character.  I encountered it with Reala and went back to try with Tails, to see if it was a controller problem or whatever.  I'll check it with Nights later today.

Ran into a really bad glitch in ASRT 3DS. In the final lap of Sanctuary Falls I was in 1st heading for the finish line. Then I suddenly dropped to 8th for no reason and after lap 3 it kept on going. I finished the race after finishing a 4th lap coming in 8th.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

My God, yesterday I've experimented the most AMAZING collission bugs EVER.

The first one happened on Carrier Zone mirrowed, during that "U" turn on the second cargo ship. When I was just finishing the turn, another player crashed with me really fast against the left "wall" and my car was pushed forward at an amazing speed, seriously, I crossed the entire ship in less than one second, flew through the transforming gate and landed on that ramp that leads to the airplane transforming gate on water. They guy then later said I was using speed hack or something lol

The second one happened on Adder's Lair, most of the players just started to crash and bounce on that part of the track under the giant skull, and my car was pushed so hard against the wall, that I clipped through it and started to fall under the track. After a few seconds free falling, my car re-spawn at the beggining of the race (on lava) and I was in the second lap already. I won easily, and got a lot of "classy" messages after it.

And the third and last one, was on the Samba Studios. During the blue water section, I don't exactly know what happened, but someone hit me with the hot-rod burst (and crashed against me as well) right when I was about to jump off a ramp. The result? Oh well, I was pushed 90º up for like, 10 seconds. I saw the entire race track from above, fantastic stuff.

Edited by Jango

Oh great...

My Triple All Star license trophy just glitched on me... Playing the Vita version. I have 100% game completion, my license is showing triple star... but... theres no sticker unlocked and the trophy didn't unlock...

So I have two choices... either delete all my save data and start over...

Or.... hope my backup save will trigger it.

Either way, not very happy.

Right I got it to unlocked... I think this trophy might be glitched. I got my 100% all star license when playing a normal single race. But the trophy didn't unlock.

It did however unlock after I then played the first career mode stage. I did unlock another characters mod when I did this. So I'm not sure, it's either just after 100% completion, or it won't pop if you play in single race?

Sonic you can't stay on the boat forever.

Just a little glitch in Sonic and All stars racing Transformed from the xbox 360 version.

Ok this is the second time a placing glitch happened, in seasonal shrine I got 2nd, but I won. This time I raced in the after burner place got 1st, but I lost??!!!!

I've been running into this issue with the PC version lately where stunts would fail for no reason at all. Say if I flip twice, with plenty of room around me and time before landing, I'll randomly hear my character give a negative response and animation. The particles for the boost are still there, but when I land, I never get the boost. This is very random, and I have no idea what causes it or if it's some sort of mechanic or something.

Ok this is the second time a placing glitch happened, in seasonal shrine I got 2nd, but I won. This time I raced in the after burner place got 1st, but I lost??!!!!

This happens on occasion, and I think it might have something to do with how the game handles recording time. Whenever it happened to me, I was very close to the person in 1st/2nd.

I've been running into this issue with the PC version lately where stunts would fail for no reason at all. Say if I flip twice, with plenty of room around me and time before landing, I'll randomly hear my character give a negative response and animation. The particles for the boost are still there, but when I land, I never get the boost. This is very random, and I have no idea what causes it or if it's some sort of mechanic or something.

This has also happened to me, but I think there's a way around it, sort of. When your character says that negative response, if you still have time, flip in another direction than before, and I think that should restore your boost, as that's what I do when that happens.

Edited by Burnt Ash

This happens on occasion, and I think it might have something to do with how the game handles recording time. Whenever it happened to me, I was very close to the person in 1st/2nd.

That's exactly how it happened, now as for the boat glitch, I just jumped off the ramp at too low a velocity.

This has also happened to me, but I think there's a way around it, sort of. When your character says that negative response, if you still have time, flip in another direction than before, and I think that should restore your boost, as that's what I do when that happens.

Yeah, I've noticed that works, but if you don't have time it really fucks you over.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any commands for the terminal? At the point where the movies normally play it just stays black. I already tried renaming the movie folder, so I guess the problem is the Criware Player.

Edited by Debug Mode

I was on Race of ages on ps3 online. I was in first place then 2nd player touched me in the back and my car flew off the track. This happended twice. I quit the entire game before the race ended. I will keep doing this until they fix this mess.

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but if I use the configurations setup in steam to set up my controls, the game almost completely and utterly ignores them.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on the patch that was announced like 3 weeks ago?

It's been 2 months and we still haven't gotten the finished patch?

summo where are you

/impatient

• Thumbs Up 2

Will they fix the bug where all these classic SEGA characters are stuck in suspended animation surrounding the Race of Ages track?

I think they were meant to be racers, but some crazy bug relegated them to cameos. 

According to SEGA Forums users, the snake's mouth in Adder's Lair and the glitch portal in Dream Valley were not fixed. The online collision seems to be gone, tho. Still haven't tested myself, might check it out during Easter holiday.

Edited by Jango

According to SEGA Forums users, the snake's mouth in Adder's Lair and the glitch portal in Dream Valley were not fixed. The online collision seems to be gone, tho. Still haven't tested myself, might check it out during Easter holiday.

For this clueless chap who's not paid any attention to ASRT since release, what are those two bugs? And what else is expected/wanted to be fixed?

For this clueless chap who's not paid any attention to ASRT since release, what are those two bugs? And what else is expected/wanted to be fixed?

In Adder's Lair, there's two paths each leading to a snake's mouth. If you go too fast you hit the top of the mouth and makes you fall into the void (or loose speed) on the right side.

The other one, it never comes to happen to me, I think o.O

Edited by Sephy
  • Thumbs Up 1

The snake's mouth gitch happens during a jump in the Golden Axe track. Is a 3 way section, were you have to jump inside a snake's mouth. The problem is, in one of them, you can easily fly too high and hit the snake's palate, making your car flip, turn backwards, or just completely loose the momentum/speed.

The portal glitch happens in the NiGHTS track. During the third lap, after passing through the nightmare section's portal, your vehicle will be inexplicably pushed left or right, making you loose the control of it(in this case, the already tricky to control boat) and crash against walls.

But the most wanted glitch is the online collision, were even the slightest touch in another player's vehicle will sent you fly backwards, upwards, most of the times compromising your race.

There are also some minnor texture glitches, leaderboard score system and even license favorite character glitch expected to be fixed as well.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1