Awoo.

Popular and unpopular Sonic opinions you agree and disagree with!

KHCast

This is probably one of the most unpopular opinions you'll ever see here on the Sonic Stadium.

I know this game gets a lot of shit here, but Sonic Advance 3 is tied with Advance 1 as my favorite of the Sonic Advance trilogy. I don't like Advance 2, because it focuses far too much on speed. Now, it can be a thrill ride at times, but I find going incredibly fast annoying when you get interrupted by a bottomless pit. Advance 3 remedies this by providing the perfect mix of platforming, exploration, and speed. The partner system adds some great repaly value, as each character plays differently depending on who you're paired with. Boss battles are enjoyable, mainly because you can tackle them differently depending on your character combo. Same goes for the levels. True, crushing blocks are found frequently in them, and can be quite dickish, I began to enjoy them once I memorized the enemy and trap placement. The soundtrack is also enjoyable. I can't decide if I like it more than Advance 2's, but some of the themes are really catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WjaD9Z-ado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNbp8Bf5P7s

I can't get enough of Twinkle Snow act 2's music, and Sunset Hill is one of my favorite Green Hill remixes.

But anyway, come at me. I find Advance 3 to be a damn awesome game.

Somewhat agreed with this, honestly compared to the first and second one, I found advance 3 to have less unexpectancy than at least 2 (in fact, the only level that really even had much of it was the last one) which still makes  me ask the question "this game had cheap deaths?" and yeah the 2nd was is good but the 1st and 3rd are definitely the best for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuzu

• E-122-Psi

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• DabigRG

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Somewhat agreed with this, honestly compared to the first and second one, I found advance 3 to have less unexpectancy than at least 2 (in fact, the only level that really even had much of it was the last one) which still makes  me ask the question "this game had cheap deaths?" and yeah the 2nd was is good but the 1st and 3rd are definitely the best for me.

Not to mention the game has possibly one of the best remixes of the Green Hill Theme :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Not to mention the game has possibly one of the best remixes of the Green Hill Theme smile.png

Sure does.

Game still sucks.

Edited by Dizcrybe

Which is somehow worse or more confusing than them being descendants of carpet riding genies... how? Especially since the only one to every mention they're genies is Jet? All that's mentioned of the Babylonians was that they're incredibly advanced and invented flight methods, to the point they once gave flight to a boy and he nearly ruled the world. How does this somehow not fit with an ancient aliens angle, or how does that angle suddenly make it absurd? Oh, ancient genies is acceptable, but suddenly stargate is stupid and mind boggling.

I'm sorry, I'm just tired of what honestly feels like a case of bandwagon hate. It's not even that ancient astronauts is a brilliant move, who cares, it's the attitude that somehow saying an old civilization is aliens instead of taking the subjective sentence by a character that they're genies is one of the worst retcons ever, when it's not even a retcon in the first place.

You're choosing me to blow up on about this? All I said was I didn't like it. Get over it.

Bandwagon hate my foot. I can't even say I like the game but hate a certain aspect they took with the story. Forget that nonsense. 

Edited by Crystal Chaotix 3

I never liked Ryan Drummond, and I think Unleashed-Griffith was the best VA Sonic had.

• Thumbs Up 3

Remember how you have kree-human hybrids and time lord-human hybrids and just about anything-human hybrids throughout all of fiction?

Remember how that often ends up being very dumb?

Unpopular opinion: I have never really understood the complaints about classic sonic's momentum in sonic generations, I mean except for the obvious things like him stopping on a ramp in seaside hill and the tops in sky sanctuary, I honestly don't get the problem with his physics, maybe its because for me physics are really only bad if they prevent me from beating a game or hindering my progress or something (and to be fair, I will admit that its kinda weird for sega to not be able to recreate physics from the classic games but once again it seems like such a small thing to complain about).

• Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular opinion: I have never really understood the complaints about classic sonic's momentum in sonic generations

Really? Really???

maybe its because for me physics are really only bad if they prevent me from beating a game or hindering my progress or something (and to be fair, I will admit that its kinda weird for sega to not be able to recreate physics from the classic games but once again it seems like such a small thing to complain about).

But it's not...the physics are what made the game. They are the portals in Portal, they are the boss weapons in Megaman, the exploration in Metroid. What do you have without them? Nothing.

Really? Really???

But it's not...the physics are what made the game. They are the portals in Portal, they are the boss weapons in Megaman, the exploration in Metroid. What do you have without them? Nothing.

Don't be really silly!

Everyone loves Sonic because of the beautiful environments (such as Green Hill), the awesome character design, the crazy level design with loop-de-loops and, most importantly, the breakneck speed.

The physics are totally not important :o

Remember this ;)

Don't be really silly!

Everyone loves Sonic because of the beautiful environments (such as Green Hill), the awesome character design, the crazy level design with loop-de-loops and, most importantly, the breakneck speed.

The physics are totally not important ohmy.png

Remember this wink.png

So visual flair is more important than how the damn game is programmed and how Sonic accelerates to this 'breakneck speed'?

I smell a troll here.

Edited by Super Spindash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unpopular (?) opinion: Shadow's voice and current character need to go back to his SA2 incarnation, he was much more likable back then. ShTH and onward he just seemed to appeal to kid for being dark and edgy.

Also, I think he's just a kid, if not a troll of course. 

I don't think this is unpopular. A lot of people liked Shadow, or were at least fine with him at the time of SA2. When STH rolled around, he became one of the most controversial characters in the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Free Riders had fine voice acting for the most part.

Actually, I would make the argument that the current VAs are the best overall cast to date.  True not all the voices are winners (Shadow, Amy) but the rest either fit quite nicely or the best VA a certain character has ever had.

Um...no? Not really? Especially given how common it is, that's usually something you just roll with in fiction like all other hybrids unless specifically told they can't reproduce with each other. I mean half-elves, half-demon, demi-gods, alien-hybrids, and the list goes on and not many bat an eye against it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

And that somehow invalidates its use? You have one simple explanation for something. It's the simplest explanation, the one used in fiction for centuries now. And you refuse it because it's dumb, and thus judge the entire thing stupid because you REFUSE to take the simple explanation?

• Thumbs Up 1

I never particularly understand the inherent stupidity of plot elements people deem stupid regardless of context. If anything, I'm more susceptible to fridge logic in the aftermath of actually watching something (I hate you, Oblivion), but the actual devices themselves never strike a nerve in me. Subsequently, ZG never bothered me. An advanced race crashed on Earth, mingled with the superstitious locals until their destruction, and this mingling most likely led to the line of Rogues we see today who, after so long, probably don't even have the aliens in their line anymore in any reasonable biological capacity. Whoop-de-doo. *shrugs* If anything, I liked it because it managed to tie in wishing on genies with wishing on shooting stars, which is kinda adorable.

I wouldn't say the concept itself is dumb, just how out of nowhere it comes. In Riders 1, the Rogues are established as genie decendents, cool. But then they're Genie-Aliens? What, where did this come from...?

They're not genie aliens. They're aliens who were dubbed genies because vast technological advancements like gravitational hover carpets equal fucking magic yo. Shahra is a genie. The Rogues and their ancestors are not.

They're not genie aliens. They're aliens who were dubbed genies because vast technological advancements like gravitational hover carpets equal fucking magic yo. Shahra is a genie. The Rogues and their ancestors are not.

To be more precise, they're real-life genies because of Clarke's Third Law. Genies just happen to be aliens with the sufficiently advanced technology. Shahra is a fictional genie who is likely based on the genies that were also aliens.

I wonder to the extent that Shahra is fictional when her world is actually a tangible place one can visit.

I wonder to the extent that Shahra is fictional when her world is actually a tangible place one can visit.

It's more a question of what level of reality her world is on. The appearance of the Lost Prologue suggests that the Arabian Nights aren't really a "world" so much as a setting, and Shahra seems to be aware that she lives inside a storybook. I suppose in the end it's all up to interpretation.

And again, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but the only one to establish them as genies is Jet. Why are we taking what he says at face value?

Sonic 2's Special Stages are an absolute pain in the ass. I've only gotten all 7 chaos emeralds once in that game, and I had to abuse save states to get it.

Sonic 1, Sonic 3, and Sonic CD have much better special stages, and I can actually get all of the chaos emeralds/time stones in those games with little to no difficulty (Well, maybe a bit of trouble with Sonic CD, but that's it).

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 2's Special Stages are an absolute pain in the ass. I've only gotten all 7 chaos emeralds once in that game, and I had to abuse save states to get it.

Sonic 1, Sonic 3, and Sonic CD have much better special stages, and I can actually get all of the chaos emeralds/time stones in those games with little to no difficulty (Well, maybe a bit of trouble with Sonic CD, but that's it).

Sonic 1's special stages > all others. 3D Blast notwithstanding, they've always been the easiest for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

I used to think Sonic the Hedgehog 2 had hard special stages, when I was a kid. 

Then I played Sonic Advance 1. All other special stages are trivial by comparison.