Awoo.

Disney Infinity.

Klinsy

So here's the official PR

http://www.disneyinteractive.com/blog/marvel-battlegrounds-play-set-for-disney-infinity-3-0-edition-now-available-for-pre-order/

Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set for Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition Now Available for Pre-Order

jvhex.png

January 20, 2016 John Vignocchi, VP, Production, Disney Infinity

Hi there, Disney Infinity fans!

We’re just two months away from the launch of the Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set, and I’m happy to announce that, beginning today, you can pre-order the Play Set. It hits stores on March 15, and for those of you who don’t know much about Marvel Battlegrounds, I can tell you that it’s one of the most fun play sets we’ve ever made, and unlike anything we’ve ever offered.

MBG_LunarOutpost_Small

Marvel Battlegrounds is a four-player, arcade-style brawler that allows you to battle with up to three friends locally. You get to play in 12 levels across eight all-new arenas, including Knowhere and Wakanda. You’ll also be able to battle as any playable Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition): Marvel Super Heroes figure, making Marvel Battlegrounds the Play Set with the largest selection of playable characters.

You guys know that the Disney Infinity team is always listening to your feedback, and we make changes along the way based on what we hear from the community. Your feedback has led to one significant change in our Play Set configuration. We heard from you that you want more choice in how you expand your Disney Infinity collections, especially with the Play Sets. With this in mind, the Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set Pack will come with the Play Set piece and one figure (Captain America – The First Avenger). Now it’s up to you to decide which other Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains you want to fight with in Marvel Battlegrounds from a selection of 25 characters and with more to join the roster soon! 

Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set Pack

Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set Pack

As a bonus, if you pre-order the Play Set today through March 14, you’ll receive a free Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition): Marvel Super Heroes figure of your choice at participating retailers in the US, while supplies last. Be on the lookout for more special deals coming soon!

Stay tuned for additional Marvel news to be announced in the coming weeks.

I hope Amazon honors this deal too, since with their discount I can get it for $25 bucks

As a bonus, if you pre-order the Play Set today through March 14, you’ll receive a free Disney Infinity (2.0 Edition): Marvel Super Heroesfigure of your choice at participating retailers in the US, while supplies last. 

Oh of fucking course...

• Thumbs Up 1

It's really strange how that promotion only applies to Marvel characters from 2.0 and not 3.0. I suppose it's to get rid of any remaining stock or something, but still, what if some people pre-order Battlegrounds with a complete 2.0 collection? I think 3.0 Marvel characters should count to that promotion as leaving them out seems rather stingy.

Makes me wonder if Black Suit Spider-Man counts towards the promotion. He's technically a 2.0 figure due to his original release with the Vita version of 2.0, but he's in 3.0 packaging and has recieved a new melee moveset more akin to the 3.0 cast with that Ninja Theory air juggling abilities. If he does, that's great, since people will probably want him for completion. (Unless you're one of those collectors who don't care about variants like the Crystal series)

Personally curious to see what Amazon will do, but not complaining since I'm getting it for less. However they do still have 2 figures in the description, so they should answer that soon

Also TRU currently has a buy 2 3.0 figures for $24 bucks that DOES apply for Light-up vader so I bit the bullet and finally ordered him, and Darth Maul(almost got Han to complete the original trilogy cast, buuuuuttttt he's more likely to be common and cheaper later on), and got free shipping too. Also picked up a Rocket Raccoon display variant for $10 and Aladdin for $5 since the latter is extremely likely to become rare due to his popularity, and since I got jasmine already. That and the display I'll probably use long term for Ant-man

Say something interesting to consider, since Cap wasn't originally the pack in for Battlegrounds, who were? I doubt they would have double packed Ant-Man, Vision, or Black Panther together. and with our 4-5 slots left I'd say our odds of a pair of female characters is even higher than before. Especially with Battlegrounds not originally being a Civil War tie-in, I'd say the most likely duos would be Ant-Man and Wasp, or perhaps Vision and Scarlet Witch. OR possibly a cartoon character pairing.

Actually there's an interesting thought, Spider-man characters are only currently being pulled from the cartoon, and there's only three of note, which means any of these three actually have a really good chance to get in: Squirrel Girl, White Tiger(doesn't really have uniqueness or popularity... at all), and Dagger. I'd say SG and Dagger have a good bet(the latter and Cloak have been considered for getting their own tv show), and those 2 would both bring a super unique moveset to the table. If she was in Ultimate Spidey I'd say Black Cat would be a shoe-in.... but she's not.

Still think Quake has an extremely high chance being on the TV side, and rather popular

So had a bit of spare cash during the weekend and was in my local GAME, was going to get Kylo Ren, but then I changed my mind after I saw.....

12418022_1018647648192299_79299214768242

Light FX Darth Vader is awesome :D It's a shame it's only the Star Wars characters that have light fx editions, as I'd kill for them to make a light fx Sam Flynn! Or y'know, make more Tron Characters Such as Rinzler/Tron, Clu, etc. 

Maybe even "Anonymous" from Tron Evolution...

latest?cb=20110327140333&path-prefix=es

Which you might think is a long shot, but he's still somewhat a relevant character, even still starring in the more recent game, Tron Run/r...

tron-1040x580.jpg

Disney Infinity? Who'd want to play that?

Obviously you would all want to play...

Disney-Universe.jpg

disney big planet

(No, seriously, this game is a snorefest)

I wanted that game when it came out. If it's a snorefest though, I'm glad I didn't play it! Although, with the villagers and the toy box and several other elements, I can't help but feel that Disney Infinity took most of it's inspiration from the Toy Story 3 game!

I haven't played the game, seems.... to simple and not much behind it, but I have been collecting alot of the figures. Very well made I must say. 

Just now, NiGHTS said:

I haven't played the game, seems.... to simple and not much behind it, but I have been collecting alot of the figures. Very well made I must say. 

The Playsets are indeed simple, but the Toy Box is surprisngly complex and fun to play with. Many older fans work on very impressive Toy Boxes.

I'm still trying to get the hang of building good Toy Boxes myself.

ok i'm considering getting infinity 3.0 but there are some questions i wanted checked before i buy it since 1.0 was the last one i owned 

becuase i did have problems that pestered me in 1.0 that game resulting in me getting rid of it "cept my jack skelington figure because i couldn't part with him"

1. PLEASE SAY THE SPIN SYSTEM IS GONE "cough" yes this is one of my biggest reasons for ditching the first game the spin system felt way too gimmicky and forced me to get toys i was never going to use ever in my life.if it was at least reworked then i won't mind as much
  2. can the marvel/star wars/disney figures play together at the same time on toybox mode? "the trailers never seem to show the diffrent brands together in toy box mode for some reason ._.?"
  3. did all of the toy box stuff from 1.0 and 2.0 get brought into the 3.0 toy box?
  4. whats been improved in general for gameplay since 1.0
  5. are the playset character vaults still around
  6. and what do the expansions basicly do as far as do they add any new functions for the toy box when used?
  7. and last but not least does disney have any plans for rereleasing the old blind pack disks as normal collection packs in the future?

7 hours ago, kirby1up said:

ok i'm considering getting infinity 3.0 but there are some questions i wanted checked before i buy it since 1.0 was the last one i owned 

becuase i did have problems that pestered me in 1.0 that game resulting in me getting rid of it "cept my jack skelington figure because i couldn't part with him"

1. PLEASE SAY THE SPIN SYSTEM IS GONE "cough" yes this is one of my biggest reasons for ditching the first game the spin system felt way too gimmicky and forced me to get toys i was never going to use ever in my life.if it was at least reworked then i won't mind as much
  2. can the marvel/star wars/disney figures play together at the same time on toybox mode? "the trailers never seem to show the diffrent brands together in toy box mode for some reason ._.?"
  3. did all of the toy box stuff from 1.0 and 2.0 get brought into the 3.0 toy box?
  6. and what do the expansions basicly do as far as do they add any new functions for the toy box when used?
  7. and last but not least does disney have any plans for rereleasing the old blind pack disks as normal collection packs in the future?
  1. the Spin system is now the toystore(sorta like Toy Story 3), all you gotta do is open up a menu and have enough sparks
  2. In Toybox yes, in playsets no. and in trailers is just marketing BS
  3. For the most part yes, but not everything, a few features form 1.0 did not get taken over to the new engine, shrinking and growing goo I think)
  4. special moves, combat depth, decent racing(Sumo made the add-on, but the difficulty last time I played is brutal)
  5. No we have skill trees as of 2.0
  6. Toybox Takeover is a pretty solid beat-em up grinder that's great for leveling up characters, Speedway is a racer by Sumo(but only 2 player), take that as you will. Somewhat their stuff is kinda setup already in game, and they do have some unlockable items
  7. No idea. But Blind packs are dead
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, kirby1up said:

Gonna verify Mando's answers by re-answering them. XD

1.) Yes, the Spin system and the Disney Infinity Vault have been removed from 2.0 and 3.0. You have the Toy Store instead, where Blue Sparks serve as currency in the Toy Box. (Orange Sparks are experience, Green Sparks are health and Purple Sparks fuel the special moves of 2.0 and 3.0 characters) You can also collect toys by completing certain "feats" throughout the game.

2.) Yes, all characters from all brands can interact in the Toy Box at the same time.

3.) With the exception of the Disney Infinity Hub and Goo, yes.

4.) Combat has been improved with air-juggling mechanics, combos, special moves and finishers. The combat enhancements are all thanks to Ninja Theory.  All characters have a Skill Tree since 2.0, where you can spend Skill Points you earn when leveling up to get upgrades to your Health and powers. Sumo Digital, the developers of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing refined the driving. Playsets and Toy Box are much better with added toys and mechanics.

5.) Expansions are kinda like Playsets made in the Toy Box. Toy Box Takeover is basically a dungeon-crawler story adventure where all characters can join. Closest thing to getting a Playset where all characters can join in. Speedway is basically a Racing mode. Has a Grand Prix and everything.

6.) Not that I know of.

• Thumbs Up 1

A thought I've heard, and I agree, I think there's a good chance we could see DI go to a bi-yearly release schedule, we still have what 30-40 unknown yet to be released figures according to that display case from a while back? perk of Battlegrounds setup is each new character expands it, the possibility of a new Disney play isn't impossible(perhaps a what-if combined story), and 2 more toybox games are possible as well). Especially with the DLC update.

New Disney Originals have been leaked thanks to a French magazine! Disney Infinity's French Twitter confirmed it when a fan brought it up with them, but the response was apparently taken down. Details under the spoiler.

22 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

New Disney Originals have been leaked thanks to a French magazine! Disney Infinity's French Twitter confirmed it when a fan brought it up with them, but the response was apparently taken down. Details under the spoiler.

Not shocking at all. Do wish they would've went with

Spoiler

The Red Queen instead of Time, but whatever I guess.

That covers another two characters who appeared on that Disney Originals poll, as well. Maybe we'll still see Darkwing Duck and Mabel?

Question for my fellow DI collectors, I think I've dexided to give into the 3 villains I don't have due to the TRU sale(so I can have all 4 2.0 marvel villains; Gobby, Venom, and Ronan), but the question is should I do Hawkeye or Falcon as my essentially free figure(they are all at 7.50 but the deal is buy one get one half off)

1 hour ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Question for my fellow DI collectors, I think I've dexided to give into the 3 villains I don't have due to the TRU sale(so I can have all 4 2.0 marvel villains; Gobby, Venom, and Ronan), but the question is should I do Hawkeye or Falcon as my essentially free figure(they are all at 7.50 but the deal is buy one get one half off)

I prefer Falcon in terms of how he plays, I'd say go for him.

i'd say go with falcon gameplay wise he should prove to be fun also if your into collecting the power disc's for the games falcon has alternate costume disc that gives him his winter soldier look

Spoiler

ultimate-falcon-disney-infinity-power-di

On 2/5/2016 at 0:07 AM, kirby1up said:

ok i'm considering getting infinity 3.0 

well after about 12 days i now have infinity 3.0 and after two good ebay deals some dollar general exploring some figures from a friend who currently isn't interested in disney infinity anymore and a single figure purchase from wallmart my collection has changed from a jack skellington figure to this

IMG_0717.thumb.JPG.771e8bb0e6929d173cd25

so yeah something tells me i'll likely try collecting all the figures down the line

"odds will get increased if 4.0 is KH themed and has pete,goofy and all 14 members of organization 13"

5 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

well after about 12 days i now have infinity 3.0 and after two good ebay deals some dollar general exploring some figures from a friend who currently isn't interested in disney infinity anymore and a single figure purchase from wallmart my collection has changed from a jack skellington figure to this

IMG_0717.thumb.JPG.771e8bb0e6929d173cd25

so yeah something tells me i'll likely try collecting all the figures down the line

"odds will get increased if 4.0 is KH themed and has pete,goofy and all 14 members of organization 13"

Have fun with it, buddy! I love it!

Nice haul too 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, Infiniteers, Disney is preparing to reveal some new content! Get ready for Disney's new "Nintendo Direct-esque" livestream: Disney Infinity NEXT! The first episode will go up March 1st!

So, what do you all expect to be revealed? Obviously, they're probably gonna reveal the leaked characters and go more in-deoth with Battlegrounds. Who knows, though? Maybe they'll have something new?

HE'S PERFECT

HE IS FREAKING PERFECT

Sorry for the capslock, but....damn. This is just such an amazing representation of the Jungle Book Baloo and I just ADORE it! 

Fantastic work, DI Team. You made me so freaking happy with this. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Might as well bring up the whole NEXT episode. This episode contains info on Nick Wilde, Judy Hopps, Marvel Battlegrounds, Vision, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Baloo as well as the announcement of the fact that we'll be getting a new Disney, Pixar and Star Wars playset in 3.0 this year! (Also, Finding Dory and Alice teases)

34 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Might as well bring up the whole NEXT episode. This episode contains info on Nick Wilde, Judy Hopps, Marvel Battlegrounds, Vision, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Baloo as well as the announcement of the fact that we'll be getting a new Disney, Pixar and Star Wars playset in 3.0 this year! (Also, Finding Dory and Alice teases)

Sounds like it really is going to be a two-year run for 3.0. Great, sounds good.

So found this around and about

gbX8BIc.jpg

Looks cool, and thanks to my cousin have like another 8 characters I can unlock, which would be nice if it's a single time unlock. Think I may order Ant-man alongside the game, but otherwise pass on anymore figure for now!