Awoo.

Disney Infinity.

Klinsy

Well, if they do a set based on Agents of Shield, the best candidates are in fact female: Melinda May (though she's essentially a replacement for Black Widow), Quake, and Mockingbird. The other candidates are possible, but more questionable: Phil Coulson (not much of a fighter, but then again, neither is Nick Fury), Grant Ward (

he'd make a great antagonist

), and Lance Hunter (probably the most likely since he and Mockingbird are going to star in the ordered pilot for a potential new show, he'd probably be paired with her). Its entirely possible we could get all six if we got an Agents set, but I wouldn't expect any more than that, nor anyone else other than these six.

Then there's still Wasp and Scarlet Witch, of course. When considering Agents of Shield we can also look to another ABC show, Agent Carter.

I guess its possible they expanded the roster slots more than we thought (as far as I'm aware, if we don't count Captain America: The First Avenger, there's only 3 left).

I doubt we'll see anyone from the Netflix shows yet, if they do them at all considering how these are aimed at older audiences. If they did do any of them, they'd probably want to have them all at once, so not until each show has at least aired its first season (well, I guess Iron Fist doesn't matter since he's already in). They could either be early to mid 2017 or for 4.0 if they do add these characters. I wouldn't expect them any earlier if at all.

Of these, Jessica Jones is the first female you think of (and probably the most mature of the bunch, so the character you'd think would be least likely to be in Infinity), but there's also Elektra and possibly Hellcat (assuming she takes up the mantle in Jessica Season 2).

well i'll go ahead and give my speculations/thoughts on the female marvel figures

first thing i will say is that i get the feeling if we do get any mcu characters from the tv serie's cept for perhaps jessica and agent carter they would be released in wave group's "similar to the rebels figures" since with daredevil we can get

• daredevil
  • punisher
  • elektra
  • and possibly kingpin

and for agents of shield i can count at least 7 or so characters that could fit as playable "and if disney wants to promote it then disney interactive can save it for a future playset idea"

as for female  assemble ultimate S.M.A.S.H.E.R.S of the galaxy animated marvel characters i can see

•  white tiger
  • she-hulk
  • squirrel-girl "i can see her work but i feel like there's still a line of figures before she gets added"

yeah to be fair i see more female characters from the comics making it into the game before the animated characters for example the marvel playset npc's

•  black cat
  • captain marvel
  • wasp
  • sif

if anything i'm pretty sure black cat will get a figure due to the black suit spider-man figure having been rereleased,and i want to believe that captain marvel will be added the thing is she has a solo movie in the works so they might wait till then to release a figure for her,wasp likely won't return for awhile because gotta look like mcu and sif i can see releasing next year for the thor ragnork movie "possible playset for marvel that year".theres also a good chunk of female super-heroes from the comics that have been popular of late that could get added in as well

• lady thor "jane foster"
  • miss marvel "kamala khan"
  • spider-gwen "gwen stacy"

so really its hard to say who they are going to pick i have my hopes for captain marvel and black cat at least but there is a bunch of them to pick and choose from marvel so regardless i'm pretty sure we can expect more super heroines in disney infinity in the future

and with that said take a look at what a multiplayer glitch shows in the hall of heroes

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2016-03-21-at-9.18.42-AM-102

Screen-Shot-2016-03-21-at-9.18.57-AM-102

Screen-Shot-2016-03-21-at-9.19.09-AM-102

at this point i expect the character videos by the end of this week anyways thats all

So, this is an interesting bit of info that was overlooked. The last patch for Disney Infinity actually added in a new gameplay mechanic that currently only works with Ezra, Kanan, Light FX Kanan, Sabine and Zeb: Sneak attacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Attention Infiniteers! A new Marvel 3.0 character is going to be revealed on the next Toy Box TV!

Considering how Doctor Strange's trailer is coming out next week, I'm pretty certain that he's gonna be the next figure.

Seems way to early for Dr Strange, and I doubt it's a single figure, it's 2 minimum. I'd guess a female, since they want to make that push

Having a new female Marvel character (or two) would make the most sense here. I doubt they'd talk about "yeah, we're adding more female Marvel characters later!" then promptly announce Doctor Strange next in line. That would make zero sense at all.

And as Mando said, Doctor Strange isn't coming out for months. Having another character based on an appearance in Civil War (or TWO) would make far, far more sense.

Maybe they'll have a two-pack for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver (

or Wasp since he's dead

).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Failinhearts said:

More info regarding a leaked Playset! We got a release date (for Italy) and a new character!

Hide contents

http://www.iheartinfinity.com/finding-dory-coming-23rd-june-europe-evidence-inside/

disney-infinit-finding-dory-play-set-768

So expect the Finding Dory Playset sometime in June. Also, Nemo will be in a Single Pack.

So pretty much

as expected

So there's this really neat touch in Disney Infinity that involves the Ghost Rider's Motorcycle Power Disc.

RIDER.png

Going on the motorcycle as Jack Skellington (Sandy Claws outfit on or not), his head will be set on fire.

Anger's head will also go on fire when riding the motorcycle.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Leaked Character pic released!

Spoiler

Finding-Nemo-Disney-Infinity-Figure.png

So here's a look at Nemo's figure. A nice bonus is that he comes with the Nemo Power Discs from 1.0. Wonder why...

Perhaps he'll be much more limited in the Toy Box and the Power Discs are compensation? I guess?

• Thumbs Up 1

Official confirmation.

By now you may have heard the news that we have made the difficult decision to discontinue production of Disney Infinity. From the beginning, Disney Infinity was built for you—our fans—and I wanted to take a moment to thank you not just for your support over the years, but for creating a community that made Disney Infinity more than just a game.

Our goal for Disney Infinity was to bring the best of Disney storytelling to life in homes around the world, and with your support we accomplished that. We hope you had as much fun playing the game as we had making it.

So what’s next for Disney Infinity? We have two final retail releases coming, including three new characters from Alice Through the Looking Glass later this month, and the Finding Dory Play Set launching in June.

And as we turn to the next chapter in our story, I want to thank everyone who helped bring Disney Infinity to life, particularly Disney’s Glendale-based production and publishing teams, our external development partners, and of course the incredible Avalanche team for their tireless dedication to this project.

But most of all, I want to again thank you for making Disney Infinity a part of your lives—and for adding to the Disney legacy by being a part of this community.

I don't know what to say. This was so sudden...

Guess this means we won't get the 2 Playsets for Disney and Star Wars or the mystery Marvel character?

But yeah, I had so many memories with this franchise and it's sad to see it go. But at least it went out on a high note since 3.0 was great. I really do hope the employees of Avalanche find new jobs soon... Especially John Vignocchi. The dude must be heartbroken since he was so passionate about Disney Infinity.

So long, Disney Infinity, My figures will continue to be on display and of course I will keep playing and collecting whatever I'm still missing. So long.

• Thumbs Up 2

right when i checked out the original toy box mode "toy story 3" from my library

...well i guess i don't have that many figures to worry about collecting now but still...

not only that but the fact that this IS their last disney interactive game is gut cringing since i grew up on a bunch of old disney interactive games in the past

I honestly feel like crying, holy fuck.

Having a new figure or playset to look forward to was such a great feeling. Even if the UK tended to get screwed over.

And this just came right out of left field, I'm just honestly shocked.

Damn, that really stinks. Was really pulling for something to get me interested in the thing, like Sora or Kim Possible.

5 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

I don't know what to say. This was so sudden...

Guess this means we won't get the 2 Playsets for Disney and Star Wars or the mystery Marvel character?

But yeah, I had so many memories with this franchise and it's sad to see it go. But at least it went out on a high note since 3.0 was great. I really do hope the employees of Avalanche find new jobs soon... Especially John Vignocchi. The dude must be heartbroken since he was so passionate about Disney Infinity.

So long, Disney Infinity, My figures will continue to be on display and of course I will keep playing and collecting whatever I'm still missing. So long.

There was supposed to be a Marvel character announced last month. Really, really weird we may not be getting that now. Same with Peter Pan, they should still at least release these figures if they've put that much development into them.

The 2 Playsets were likely planned for end of year. The Star Wars playset was probably going to be based on Rogue One.

My biggest probably with Infinity is they mostly focused on newer properties, then expanded into Star Wars and Marvel, instead of adding in more classic Disney characters. We don't even have Goofy as a figure, that's ridiculous.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, Disney Infinity is coming to a close?!

Damn...well, at least it was fun while it lasted.

Apparently so.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-05-10-disney-infinity-is-dead-as-disney-exits-game-publishing

I'm surprised, to be honest, I thought these things were a license to print money. 

Either they aren't outside of the brand faithful (Amiibo, LEGO, whereas Infinity casts a bit of a wide net), or this is just a casualty of the bigger decision that Disney is moving out of games publishing entirely, to which... eh. I'm struggling to think of a huge success that they published (KH doesn't count), rather just a string of blah licensed games and the amazing but under appreciated Split/Second. 

I imagine the figures will become more rare and expensive on-line over time. Obviously because they will stop producing more. So buy as many remaining figures that you need :P scalpers are everywhere

Well now that I've finally seen SW7, I'm planning to wrap up on star wars characters(all SW7 ones, Han, Boba, Obi and Yoda), and Baloo, then I'll probably call it quits. It'll be something nice to play in the future with my kids.

well kotaku's resources have brought up more infomation on what exactly happened to kill the franchise and what was planed for next year

http://kotaku.com/sources-the-ambitious-now-cancelled-plans-for-disney-1776370484

• Ninja Theory was working on a Star Wars: Rouge One Play Set to release this fall
  • Studio Gobo was working on the Moana Play Set
  • 12 Inch figures were coming.
    • Including: Buzz Lightyear, Elsa, Hulk, Hulkbuster, Jack Skellington, and Darth Vader
    • Priced at $45, and they would have “acted differently” in-game, lit up, and have more detail
  • 2017 would have seen the release of Disney Infinity 4.0
    • Content would have been taken from properties such as: Cars 3, Star Wars VIII, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales, Coco, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and Thor: Ragnarok
    • They would have dropped the “number scheme” (perhaps be just called “Disney Infinity”)
    • There would finally be a “Toy Box Story Mode” where you could play an entire story with any character you’d wish
  • Hasbro was approached, and perhaps even working on a deal, to help design the figures.

i'll say this though 

Spoiler

I blame this guy for the overstocks -__-

Ypndu.jpg

Not shocked at all by a Rogue One playset. Interesting that the Disney playset planned was Moana.

2 hours ago, kirby1up said:

well kotaku's resources have brought up more infomation on what exactly happened to kill the franchise and what was planed for next year

http://kotaku.com/sources-the-ambitious-now-cancelled-plans-for-disney-1776370484

i'll say this though 

Reveal hidden contents

I blame this guy for the overstocks -__-

Ypndu.jpg

They overstocked on Hulk  as well, though. It is true that they did make some characters not many really cared about, but that wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't vastly overstock on other figures.

As for the article, I actually just read that on my tablet a few minutes before I got on to my PC. Really good read.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, the things we could've gotten...

This actually makes me feel much sadder when I felt like I'm over it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I blame 4.0 not being a KH-driven expansion. What they had in mind was kinda illogical and would have killed the series better than this news, so I assume it as a mercy kill.

So this means outside of KH and whatnot, Disney is over console games? Good. No more crapware bloating up consoles.

More optimistically, could fans save the game by buying more content?