Awoo.

Disney Infinity.

Klinsy

8 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

New leaked stuff! Including Marvel Power Discs, a new Disney Originals character and packaging for characters already leaked and still yet to be announced! (Note: as expected, most of these new toys can only be used with an internet update as indicated with the packaging)

Hidden Content

Well that's interesting

Definately want Ant-man, kinda sad he's not the battlegrounds pack-in... I think there's 3 possibilities here, Wasp, Scarlet Witch or Captain Marvel, it's likely to be a female. Honestly, I'm really thinking Wasp, while her solo movies a year out, she's still the most interesting of the three.

Also Darkhawk as a summon disk is really really really curious, since he's a character who has never appeared outside of the comics, wonder if they have something planned for him. Actually, this makes me think we actually have a good chance of getting a Super Minion or two as playable(like Whirlwind, or Shocker, a comic or cartoon mainer who hasn't shown up in the movies). Well that and the Ghost Rider Bike.

Baloo's cool, I think we all hope he may get his Tailspin outfit as a disk... or heck his plane would be sick

Also wonder when we'll get the Kim Possible reveal

6 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Well that's interesting

Hidden Content

Also wonder when we'll get the Kim Possible reveal

I honestly think it's Scarlet Witch due to the obviously apparent tie-ins with Civil War.

2 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Hidden Content

Eh, but she's been completely absent from advertising, that's why I'm hesitant.

Also since this isn't really a spoiler,  the battlegrounds pack needs most market-ability, and the fact is it looks like Scarlet Witch is going to the backburner while Wasp is not only coming into the limelight, but she's actually headlining a movie. They need to start building her up, and with Ant-man they've already introduced the shrinking gimmick back in, and they wouldn't waste it on a single character.

Also Darkhawk is awesome

latest?cb=20090926163820Teenager whose Mind swaps from his own body into that of an alien android

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Eh, but she's been completely absent from advertising, that's why I'm hesitant.

At least I see Scarlet Witch in Civil War's trailer. I don't see Vision in anything Civil War related, yet he's in the game. I don't see why Scarlet Witch wouldn't be added in, especially because there's quite a bit of demand for her from what I've seen and almost all Playsets have a female character packed-in.

2 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

At least I see Scarlet Witch in Civil War's trailer. I don't see Vision in anything Civil War related, yet he's in the game. I don't see why Scarlet Witch wouldn't be added in, especially because there's quite a bit of demand for her from what I've seen and almost all Playsets have a female character packed-in.

What I'm saying is Wasp is just as likely, not that SW is not getting a figure. And remember of the last 3 Marvel groups we got a grand total of 2 females, they need to bump that up this time around or at least match it and SW and Wasp are most likely

22 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Vision is confirmed to be in the movie on Stark's side (obv.) So it does tie in. I'd imagine if they are going to release Scarlet Witch, would it not be best to release in a 2-pack along with Quicksilver? I mean yeah, Age of Ultron is past now, but never too late.

Just now, Scott said:

Vision is confirmed to be in the movie on Stark's side (obv.) So it does tie in. I'd imagine if they are going to release Scarlet Witch, would it not be best to release in a 2-pack along with Quicksilver? I mean yeah, Age of Ultron is past now, but never too late.

I should probably rephrase this.

I know Vision is in Civil War, but he still isn't in any advertising as far as I'm aware. However, I at least saw Scarlet Witch in the trailer, so if somebody in Civil War who got no advertising who played a special role in AoU made it in, I don't see why a character who actually appeared in advertising and was in AoU has any less of a chance.

Although technically all the announced characters are long time avengers as well, all predating the 80's

Hm, you know looking at everything we're getting at least 2 new female Marvel characters for DI3.0. Everyone's saying Scarlet Witch, and it's a likely pack-in. However looking at everything, and if we're limiting it to the MCU for the moment, the most likely stand-alone candidate for me is Quake from MAOS/comics, likely in one of her more interesting short term costumes to draw in attention. one of the ones with more goldish color, like these

120914_1046_daisyjohnso1.jpg

latest?cb=20121019235554

39 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Although technically all the announced characters are long time avengers as well, all predating the 80's

Hm, you know looking at everything we're getting at least 2 new female Marvel characters for DI3.0. Everyone's saying Scarlet Witch, and it's a likely pack-in. However looking at everything, and if we're limiting it to the MCU for the moment, the most likely stand-alone candidate for me is Quake from MAOS/comics, likely in one of her more interesting short term costumes to draw in attention. one of the ones with more goldish color, like these

120914_1046_daisyjohnso1.jpg

latest?cb=20121019235554

I don't see us getting two female Marvel characters which such limited numbers. If we do, though, I can only see Scarlet Witch and Wasp. Wasp is such a long-running Avenger, I can totally see her getting into DI "early" even though she hasn't been in the MCU yet (well, at least not in the suit).

If they're going to add Quake I think they'd include other Agents of SHIELD characters along with her as a tie-in. At least Mockingbird (she's actually an Avenger in the comics), maybe Melinda May or Deathlok. In LEGO Marvel's The Avengers it makes sense to have characters who can't really fight, but for this we'd need actual fighters, and May is the only other character who debuted in Agents of SHIELD that would work well in this role (well, there is Grant Ward, but his circumstances are awkward for story reasons). However, Deathlok is another possibility, or perhaps other members of the Secret Warriors from Season 3. Potentially they could even do Coulson since he's become popular enough now if they just find a gimmick for him; maybe give him the weapon he wielded against Loki. I could see an Agents of SHIELD set, the main issues is figuring out the right characters.

Perhaps once they start this they could include other live-action TV series MCU characters, such as a set with The Defenders: Dardedevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and perhaps Punisher and/or Elektra as well. Agent Carter is also a slight possibility. I can't see any of these characters getting into 3.0, though. I can see it in 4.0 if they do a bigger expansion of Marvel next time around (and its unlikely they'd have too many additions to Star Wars; in fact unless 4.0 was in 2017 they likely wouldn't have anything to do for Star Wars).

1 hour ago, Scott said:

Right now is the only time to make Quicksilver. How many do we have left again? I know we had at least 4, then we had what appeared to be an additional 2 more slots we didn't know about. With three known (Ant-Man, Vision, Black Panther), does that mean there's three left? Quicksilver, Scarlet Wisp, and Wasp would really fill those up nicely. That would cover all the remaining primary members of the Avengers. At the same time, would they really not add another villain this time?

17 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

I don't see us getting two female Marvel characters which such limited numbers. If we do, though, I can only see Scarlet Witch and Wasp. Wasp is such a long-running Avenger, I can totally see her getting into DI "early" even though she hasn't been in the MCU yet (well, at least not in the suit).

If they're going to add Quake I think they'd include other Agents of SHIELD characters along with her as a tie-in. At least Mockingbird (she's actually an Avenger in the comics), maybe Melinda May or Deathlok. In LEGO Marvel's The Avengers it makes sense to have characters who can't really fight, but for this we'd need actual fighters, and May is the only other character who debuted in Agents of SHIELD that would work well in this role (well, there is Grant Ward, but his circumstances are awkward for story reasons). However, Deathlok is another possibility, or perhaps other members of the Secret Warriors from Season 3. Potentially they could even do Coulson since he's become popular enough now if they just find a gimmick for him; maybe give him the weapon he wielded against Loki. I could see an Agents of SHIELD set, the main issues is figuring out the right characters.

Perhaps once they start this they could include other live-action TV series MCU characters, such as a set with The Defenders: Dardedevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and perhaps Punisher and/or Elektra as well. Agent Carter is also a slight possibility. I can't see any of these characters getting into 3.0, though. I can see it in 4.0 if they do a bigger expansion of Marvel next time around (and its unlikely they'd have too many additions to Star Wars; in fact unless 4.0 was in 2017 they likely wouldn't have anything to do for Star Wars).

Right now is the only time to make Quicksilver. How many do we have left again? I know we had at least 4, then we had what appeared to be an additional 2 more slots we didn't know about. With three known (Ant-Man, Vision, Black Panther), does that mean there's three left? Quicksilver, Scarlet Wisp, and Wasp would really fill those up nicely. That would cover all the remaining primary members of the Avengers. At the same time, would they really not add another villain this time?

SW is the obvious pack-in since every 3.0 playset has had a female. We had about 9-11 or so slots, and CAFA and Black Spidey don't count So ya, we got 4 slots left. I agree on the Wasp angle, especially if it's Janet, the classic traditional Wasp(who was also in Ant-man) who already has a NPC model from 2.0, which if Vision is an indicator, likely puts her on a fast track. Also if Lego Avengers is any indicator Disney/Marvel are seperating Netflix heavily from kids products, which killed their chances in the first place. Also we already have Iron Fist.

Still think Quake is possible, and like I said they are doing at least 2 females, likely more. I would love Wasp, but I was saying if we didn't get her, we'd get Quake as the most likely runner up.

40 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

SW is the obvious pack-in since every 3.0 playset has had a female. We had about 9-11 or so slots, and CAFA and Black Spidey don't count So ya, we got 4 slots left. I agree on the Wasp angle, especially if it's Janet, the classic traditional Wasp(who was also in Ant-man) who already has a NPC model from 2.0, which if Vision is an indicator, likely puts her on a fast track. Also if Lego Avengers is any indicator Disney/Marvel are seperating Netflix heavily from kids products, which killed their chances in the first place. Also we already have Iron Fist.

Still think Quake is possible, and like I said they are doing at least 2 females, likely more. I would love Wasp, but I was saying if we didn't get her, we'd get Quake as the most likely runner up.

Oh, didn't realize we had Iron Fist already. Whoops.

I don't think the Netflix shows matter in regards to Disney Infinity. And I still say, I see no chance in hell of a character primarily being represented in Agents of SHIELD getting into Disney Infinity without other Agents of SHIELD characters at the same time. If we don't get Wasp, we'll get Bucky instead. We won't get Quake right now unless she's released alongside Coulson, and even then, I think they'd rather do a full set of Agents of SHIELD characters at the same time. Probably Coulson, Quake, Melinda May, Mockingbird, Lance Hunter (he was iffy for me before, but a pilot of Most Wanted has been officially confirmed featuring both him and Mockingbird), and Grant Ward.

As for Netflix I can totally see them getting added to Disney Infinity, because Daredevil, Punisher, Elektra, and Luke Cage are some pretty big major Marvel characters, especially Daredevil and Punisher. The only question mark here is Jessica Jones, because as I think it over, Jessica is pretty much exclusively a mature character who kids would not be able to relate to at all. But if they based her on Jewel it might not be so bad and she'd appeal based on her appearance and abilities, despite her comic's very adult nature. Hellcat (who could possibly be in Jessica Jones Season 2) might even be more likely than Jessica because Hellcat was a member of The Avengers.

Also, its entirely possible the Netflix shows might later crossover more thoroughly into the rest of the MCU. Right now they sit on the edge, but every MCU film is always distant from the rest of the MCU at first anyway, with only vague ties and references to others. The Netflix films are pretty much just doing that at the moment, but could have greater connections later.

Anyway, I still think Wasp is the best choice. I think its entirely possibly the "final three" could actually be Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, and Wasp, due to Quicksilver's current status. It all depends on if they want to fill out the core Avengers roster first or focus on characters the films will actually use. If its the former, I think it'd be Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Winter Soldier or Wasp. If its the latter, Quicksilver might be discarded and he could always be added later if they opt to add X-Men down the road.

Eh, @JaidynReiman, still think Jewel would be Hulk lite, and we got the far more popular She-hulk for that

On a final note ,If you want to know what Marvel Non-movie character I think has a chance for 3.0, and why, well here I go:

Black Cat

Any possible character requires 2 things, a strong fanbase, and a strong history with a hero. Black Cat is arguably the most iconic female Spidey antagonist, has a large fan-base, and has appeared in over 75% of his games and cartoon. in fact, her absence is a puzzle whenever it happens in recent media. She's got a unique, easily marketable look, unique moveset, and a lot of stuff that would make her a perfect pick. That and she actually got her own spin-off movie green-lighted prior to the Marvel deal, the only Solo-antagonist to get one. She is a prime choice for a surprise "fan-ish" pick, and would bring an ambiguous female Anti-hero, something we currently lack to disney infinity

2 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Eh, @JaidynReiman, still think Jewel would be Hulk lite, and we got the far more popular She-hulk for that

On a final note ,If you want to know what Marvel Non-movie character I think has a chance for 3.0, and why, well here I go:

Black Cat

Any possible character requires 2 things, a strong fanbase, and a strong history with a hero. Black Cat is arguably the most iconic female Spidey antagonist, has a large fan-base, and has appeared in over 75% of his games and cartoon. in fact, her absence is a puzzle whenever it happens in recent media. She's got a unique, easily marketable look, unique moveset, and a lot of stuff that would make her a perfect pick. That and she actually got her own spin-off movie green-lighted prior to the Marvel deal, the only Solo-antagonist to get one. She is a prime choice for a surprise "fan-ish" pick, and would bring an ambiguous female Anti-hero, something we currently lack to disney infinity

She-Hulk also isn't currently being represented in much of anything. Plus there's a lot of differences. Either way, I did admit that Jessica Jones is iffy because Disney Infinity is for kids and Jessica certainly isn't. At the same time, it seems likely they may want to add a character who is being talked about right now, and Jessica is because of the Netflix shows, which are part of the MCU (though they're more loosely connected).

Black Cat currently is not represented in anything either, when they're heavily focusing on characters in the MCU right now and characters up and coming. We'll probably get only characters from the MCU right now. I don't see Black Cat happening unless they add her to the new Spiderman film. Which is possible. But even then, she probably won't be added now but closer to that film's release.

Black Cat being absent in the Spiderman playset in 2.0 was definitely strange, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest she'd even be considered for 3.0 due to the kinds of characters they are adding right now. We'll probably just get more MCU characters.

Like I said, she isn't likely, but if we were to get a real fan fav character, she'd be it.

Also once again, we are definitely in for 2-3 new Female Marvel characters(especially with how lopsided the ratio is at the moment. Wasp has a really good chance when you consider she was a NPC in 2.0, just like Vision, that they could just tweak, and that Janet Wasp was already a thing in the MCU. Captain Marvel may have a chance with the same reasoning.

14 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Black Cat being absent in the Spiderman playset in 2.0 was definitely strange, but there's absolutely nothing to suggest she'd even be considered for 3.0 due to the kinds of characters they are adding right now. We'll probably just get more MCU characters.

Black Cat technically was in the Spider-Man Playset as an NPC who gives out missions, just to let you know.

But yeah, I don't expect her to become a figure. Disney seems to be releasing Marvel characters based on how relavent they are in the MCU or on TV.

54 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Black Cat technically was in the Spider-Man Playset as an NPC who gives out missions, just to let you know.

But yeah, I don't expect her to become a figure. Disney seems to be releasing Marvel characters based on how relavent they are in the MCU or on TV.

And is in a mission or two. My entire point is that NPC's have a chance to be upgraded(Vision did), and out of all Non-movie/current cartoon characters, heck out of Spidey NPCs period she's the most popular, and if we were to get a fan favourite character it'd be her. That and out of all the Female Marvel NPCs from the last game(Captain Marvel, Wasp, White Tiger, and her) she's the most popular. That and we're due in for 4-6 more characters that haven't been revealed, and 2-3 female ones. Also despite the MCU having an influence, the powerdiscs show it's not the only factor(heck, 2 Ghost Rider disks and a Darkhawk summon, the latter who's never been off the pages of a comic book before), and just like Disney Originals get several pulls from everywhere if characters are popular enough, Aladdin and Jasmine being the biggest examples. Fact is it's time for us to get a few super popular Marvel characters, even if they aren't prominent in the Movies/TV, just not many. 1-2 would not surprise me

Remember that Disney has less control over who they add in terms lf Marvel characters, or Marvel in general if you look at the advertising. Just because old school Disney characters made it in doesn't mean the same applies to Marvel. Marvel suggested that they make a New Captain America solely to tie into Civil War and Disney themselves had no plans in doing so prior to that.

1 minute ago, Failinhearts said:

Remember that Disney has less control over who they add in terms lf Marvel characters, or Marvel in general if you look at the advertising. Just because old school Disney characters made it in doesn't mean the same applies to Marvel. Marvel suggested that they make a New Captain America solely to tie into Civil War and Disney themselves had no plans in doing so prior to that.

But they had control of the original line-up, and NCA was added to the line-up, not replacing anyone. Fact is they go for relevance and diversity, and while you get some over-rides, they do have choice over the characters after the mandated ones are out of the way. That, and Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther are 3 super iconic Marvel characters, all high-up on the add-in list despite the movies. Heck, all three would be in due to popularity or legacy anyways, just so happens they are also in some current movies too. Fact is we could get one or two

Just now, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

But they had control of the original line-up, and NCA was added to the line-up, not replacing anyone. Fact is they go for relevance and diversity, and while you get some over-rides, they do have choice over the characters after the mandated ones are out of the way. That, and Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther are 3 super iconic Marvel characters, all high-up on the add-in list despite the movies. Heck, all three would be in due to popularity or legacy anyways, just so happens they are also in some current movies too. Fact is we could get one or two

Perhaps one, but that probably depends on how far they make it in the #OurDisneyInfinity thing... which is STILL going in, by the way, so get your votes in guys! It's not too late!

9 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

I do expect her to become a figure, just not in 3.0.

Well, this is disappointing.

So, the Marvel Battlegrounds Playset pack has been leaked, and...

Spoiler

MarvelBattlegroundsPlaySet.png

It only comes with the Playset Piece and  "Captain America - The First Avenger". That's it. No second figure.

With a Playset with a heavy focus on Multiplayer, this is really confusing. Plus, unless any surprises are on the way, this means no female representatives. No Scarlet Witch, no Wasp, NOTHING. Tsk, tsk, tsk, Disney...

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Hide contents

It only comes with the Playset Piece and  "Captain America - The First Avenger". That's it. No second figure.

With a Playset with a heavy focus on Multiplayer, this is really confusing. Plus, unless any surprises are on the way, this means no female representatives. No Scarlet Witch, no Wasp, NOTHING. Tsk, tsk, tsk, Disney...

That's really really wierd

Spoiler

Especially since Cap wasn't even planned in the first place, which means he kicked 2 characters out of the starter pack to turn it into a movie tie-in, which it isn't in the least

That reeks of, actually is for sure Corporate meddling

9 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Hide contents

There are surprises, we clearly saw 6 slots after Ultron and Hulkbuster were already known, and they later stated that Captain America: The First Avenger was not part of the original release schedule, meaning he's a new addition. We've still got 3 Marvel characters left. They're probably waiting a bit to reveal them.

7 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

There are surprises, we clearly saw 6 slots after Ultron and Hulkbuster were already known, and they later stated that Captain America: The First Avenger was not part of the original release schedule, meaning he's a new addition. We've still got 3 Marvel characters left. They're probably waiting a bit to reveal them.

The real question is what 2 characters were originally planned for the playset