Awoo.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma

Carbo

And after a month of inactivity, I resurrect this topic from the grave and I come barring news, lots of it.

First off, 64 person lobbies confirmed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBCc4gSaqIo

This week’s Japanese magazine leaks shared some new information regarding Arc System Works’ upcoming 2D fighter, BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, which will be based on the arcade version of the game with  additional features for PlayStation 3.  

Things can get pretty slow while waiting for online matchmaking, especially during the non-peak hours, so Arc System Works will be introducing a feature that allows you to fight against CPUs while waiting for online opponents in matchmaking. The online lobbies will be able to fill up to a total of 64 players at a time, which will also include text chat.

In addition, you’ll get to play as chibi-style characters to “login” to various cities of the BlazBlue world. The stage selection will be done in the fashion of an arcade center, according to magazine reports.  

Finally, the “Teach Me, Miss Litchi!” feature, where Litchi Faye-Ling gave lessons about various facts on the world of BlazBlue, will be returning again with full voice-acting in BlazBlue: Chronophantasma.  

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma is slated for release on October 24 in Japan and early 2014 in North America.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/17/blazblue-chronophantasma-has-64-player-lobbies-cpu-fights-while-waiting-for-online-matches/#zTjxX4Fm17vyiYDz.99

I for one welcome this, because I'm sick of looking for a room and they're all private. Now hopefully Arc can get their netcode together and not have crappy lag like in Extend. Also, chibi-minigame while you wait.

Boxartz:

Limited Edition.

51ee69ad2e466.jpg

Standard Edition

51ee69aba5ebc.jpg

The second one reminds me of CSII's boxart. Note the buttcrack on Noel, and try not to gaze upon it too hard.

Moar news:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201307/24036805.html

The page is in Japanese, but its mostly just reiterating the 64 lobby deal, and showing the new Teach me Ms. Litchi Segments. 

Also, we have ONLINE TRAINING MODE. What does this mean? It means that I can actually teach people this game without the need of showing them videos and not using matches as an excuse.

Azure out, bitches.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am so glad I ordered the Limited Edition... THAT ASS! I LOVE NOEL, NOEL IS MY FAVORITE GIRL CHARACTER EVARRRRRRR!! ZOMG!

K.. my sanity is back, can't wat for this game though, its time to be defeated... by Asians.

Tasteless? Looks tasty to me! >: D Then again... I love Noel... dunno if I've said that or not. *drools*

Edited by Noel
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is amazing.

And now Ragna-sama can finally teach me more easily =D

I assume that several player matches will be held in the big rooms. I can't imagine that everyone would have to wait for one match to finish. That or very glorious team battles.

Now, as for the boxart, I love it.

Edited by 少佐 Jin H. Kisaragi

Either that or like I said there's that minigame while you wait. 62 people waiting for two people to finish fighting sounds retarded.

• Thumbs Up 2

So a hotter and sexier Noel and a unleashed and pissed off Terumi with a second form?

I like this.

• Thumbs Up 5

Why does everything sexual about Noel go back to her ass; first she doesn't underwear, then Mu, and now this. Its always the ass.

I have more screenshots for you.

l_51ee69aba5ebc.jpg

l_51ee69ad2e466-e1374658551189.jpg

Bigger shots of the boxart.

l_51e95ff416607-e1374658742908.jpg

The lobby system. There isn't exactly a chibi -game-, this IS the lobby. The players will move around in chibi versions and challenge eachother or fight with CPU's.

l_51e95ff22d992-e1374658879762.jpg

This is a D-Code, it's basically your card/signature.

l_51e95ff2daeb8-e1374659131155.jpg

More varied room settings.

l_51e95ff47f5aa-e1374659369671.jpg

Library mode, if you want to know all the advanced BlazBlue stuffs.

l_51e95ff3d25dd-e1374659623215.jpg

More Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

More news, the Studio version of Blue Sanction is now available!

It's the B-side song of Faylans single "Wonder Fang".

I can't post a direct link since there is none, neither a link to download since it's technically piracy.

But I'm sure you guys can get creative with Google and find a place to download Wonder Fang by yourselves.

(It's also the astral theme)

I have more screenshots for you.

l_51ee69aba5ebc.jpg

l_51ee69ad2e466-e1374658551189.jpg

Bigger shots of the boxart.

l_51e95ff416607-e1374658742908.jpg

The lobby system. There isn't exactly a chibi -game-, this IS the lobby. The players will move around in chibi versions and challenge eachother or fight with CPU's.

l_51e95ff22d992-e1374658879762.jpg

This is a D-Code, it's basically your card/signature.

l_51e95ff2daeb8-e1374659131155.jpg

More varied room settings.

l_51e95ff47f5aa-e1374659369671.jpg

Library mode, if you want to know all the advanced BlazBlue stuffs.

l_51e95ff3d25dd-e1374659623215.jpg

More Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

CHIBI PLATINUM IS BEST PLATINUM

• 1 month later...

Eh, not too interested. :P Happy that fans that wanted her can finally shut up about it now though.

Though considering how his daughter became playable before him, i wonder what will become of Jubei in CP? I kinda have this feeling he's gonna get killed off.

Killing him off is the only reason I could think that they haven't made him playable yet. 

But man, how many characters is this revision going to have? I'm not used to the idea of Blazblue with a huge roster after playing so much CT back in the day.

Killing him off is the only reason I could think that they haven't made him playable yet. 

But man, how many characters is this revision going to have? I'm not used to the idea of Blazblue with a huge roster after playing so much CT back in the day.

I prefer the larger rosters myself. The only characters I play in CT are Jin (obviously), Nu and Ragna. Occasionally Noel but Hakumen is too different for me to use. I have plenty of subs in CS.

EDIT:

689658af.jpg

CONFIRMED

-She's DLC, like Terumi

-Uses Drill Hammer and gadgets

-She has 2 drives. "Graviton" and "Activate". They are performed sequentially, "Graviton" places a graviton field generator down and then "Activate" turns the field generator on.

-Her Drive uses a seperate guage called the "Graviton Guage"

-OD is called "Graviton Rage", assumed to boost the "Graviton Guage"

• Thumbs Up 2

Welp

I'm more excited now, despite Kokonoe making Tager storywise completely pointless now.

She looks fun.

I'd like to know how you came to that particular conclusion.

Edit: Blazblue, lolstory.

Edited by Noel