Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Doctor MK

Everyone who has been complaining about Sonic in a car doesn't have any sort of idea how making games works apparently. The developers already mentioned issues with different sizes and the fact that them being on foot wasn't really fun to play. You know, the thing that's most important. If people can't at least understand that then, quite frankly, they should keep their mouth shut.

• Thumbs Up 2

We have to remember, this isn't the usual engine used to make a Sonic game. It's an enhanced Outrun engine, if anything. Now imagine car controls applied to a Sonic model and you get:

I'm surprised people actually still care if Sonic's in a car or not.

It's so stupid to bicker about it. I wish people would just keep their mouths shut about it.

People didn't bitch nearly as much when Sonic was pulling a Back to the Future in Sonic Riders and I personally think car > extreme gear. Why does Sonic snowboard down mountains when he can roll? Because he feels like it and right now he feels like driving, so deal with it.

Well the thing with the hoverboards is that it actually felt like something Sonic would do for recreation, as in he'd pick it over a car any day. It just seems more EXTREEEEEEME than moving a steering wheel around.

Not that I'm hating on SaSASR. I think it's cool to see Sonic in a car again.

Rom from Shenmue Dojo said this:

"Well, I just came back from Sega's office. Unfortunately, Ryo wasn't playable in any of the versions that I got to try (I couldn't even select the character I wanted to use on the DS version as it contained a few yet to be announced characters). But I did get to ask a few Shenmue related questions during my interview with Craig Duncan from SUMO. I can't show anything until the 26th of November though."

and followed up with this:

"He wouldn't say if there will be a Shenmue race track (but he had a big smile on his face while he said that). But I think you'll be pleased with some of the stuff he said."

I still say it really all comes down to size. Imagine the problems a tiny hedgehog would bring to a packed race track. (1) you could hardly see him when driving a massive Eggmobile, (2) He could squeeze by larger pile ups with ease, (3) he would have to have a jump ability (trust me, players would complain if he couldn't jump), (4) he would open the door to other on foot characters that would bring up the problem of them having the same speed as Sonic.

I'd give more credence to that theory if not for it working perfectly in Motorstorm. Oh, and bikes can jump in that game.

And to me, putting Sonic in a car seems like putting a car inside a car.

We have to remember, this isn't the usual engine used to make a Sonic game. It's an enhanced Outrun engine, if anything. Now imagine car controls applied to a Sonic model and you get:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kI7E6UMhYcQ

It's running on the same engine as Outrun... But that also happens to be the same engine as Super Stars Tennis. More specifically, it's running on an engine that Sumo made called the "Sunshine Engine", and they've used it for every Sega related game they've done thus far.

There are FAR more people complaining about people complaining that Sonic's in a car than there are actual people complaining that Sonic's in a car.

Just sayin'.

Would be so funny if the wii version of sega all stars racing had wacky world of sports characters as exclusives, taking up the spots of good SEGA characters. S0L did say there would be "modern" SEGA characters, and Wacky World of Sports is a SEGA IP on the Wii ;)

Edited by ShadiWulf

To what Master-Board said about the Eggmobile, I kinda like this buggy-truck he's riding now. I think it's a side of the Eggmobile we haven't really seen before, it's part of its versatility. It really just looks like Robotnik stuck a chassis with some giant wheels onto the thing like a 16-bit boss. It's new and surprisingly old-school.

A few more infos about Ryo will be announced after 26 november, transcript from someone on shenmue dojo:

Rom: Well, I just came back from Sega's office. Unfortunately, Ryo wasn't playable in any of the versions that I got to try (I couldn't even select the character I wanted to use on the DS version as it contained a few yet to be announced characters). But I did get to ask a few Shenmue related questions during my interview with Craig Duncan from SUMO. I can't show anything until the 26th of November though.

dotsona: Can you at least tell us if it's good news? :P

Rom: He wouldn't say if there will be a Shenmue race track (but he had a big smile on his face while he said that). But I think you'll be pleased with some of the stuff he said.

http://seganerdsforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2363&p=39613#p39613

Yeah Shadi, thanks a lot for COMPLETELY missing my post 5 posts before yours.

(sorry about the profanity; but Shadi and I go way back so it's mutual).

The Sonic the Hedgehog section is not my area to actively moderate, but flaming is a no-go and will be harshly struck down upon, combining it with spam is not the best combination either.

We will be monitoring this topic for a short while hereby. Stay on-topic and civil, and you will all be fine.

Yush, you may proceed.

Edit: Mutual or not, that is irrelevant, just to have that mentioned. If someone is flaming you, report it to the staff and carry on civilized in the topic, as doing otherwise will drag you into punishment, as well. Hah, keep that in mind now. ;3

You're all gonna hate me for this but I really hope theres a Mad Matrix stage as representation for Shadow, that stage is gorgeous and unlike anything else we've seen in a Sonic game (and not shit like Digital Circuit) and it'd be awesome to race through it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah Shadi, thanks a lot for COMPLETELY missing my post 5 posts before yours.

(sorry about the profanity; but Shadi and I go way back so it's mutual).

Lol, sorry I didn't see it. I was just skimming past all the car talk.

Hey Shadi, I sent this information to GoNintendo's RMC:

"Someone over at the SEGANerds forums posted this:

"I did some snooping around on the internet, and it seems that Greg Johnson's HumaNature Studios (which consists of only 10 employees) is doing some slave work for Dreamworks. I figured this out after he answered someone's question regarding Pete Rosky being interested in the franchise:

"Feel free to have him or anyone else that's interested give me a call. I'm not shopping yet because I'm still under an exclusive contract with someone else, but when I'm done I'll go knocking on publisher doors again, and I'll include Majesco." "

So it may be a while before we see another ToeJam & Earl."

and he responded with this:

"Hmmm...very interesting. I'll have to look into it more!"

Which pretty much means he's going to plagiarize it. :lol:

Hey Shadi, I sent this information to GoNintendo's RMC:

"Someone over at the SEGANerds forums posted this:

"I did some snooping around on the internet, and it seems that Greg Johnson's HumaNature Studios (which consists of only 10 employees) is doing some slave work for Dreamworks. I figured this out after he answered someone's question regarding Pete Rosky being interested in the franchise:

"Feel free to have him or anyone else that's interested give me a call. I'm not shopping yet because I'm still under an exclusive contract with someone else, but when I'm done I'll go knocking on publisher doors again, and I'll include Majesco." "

So it may be a while before we see another ToeJam & Earl."

and he responded with this:

"Hmmm...very interesting. I'll have to look into it more!"

Which pretty much means he's going to plagiarize it. :lol:

LOL

aweosme, that reminds me , i gotta find a pic of what I sent to him a while ago and show you, I'll PM it to you.

Did you see the latest article he put up regarding ToeJam & Earl? He's all disappointed because he has to choose either the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. LMAO. And everyone busting his chops about it.

Well obviously the Xbox version as Toe Jam & Earl 3 was on the Xbox. As much as a failure as it was, its more Xbox worthy than PS3.

We all have our favorite characters! But who do you think you'll be playing as most of the time?

I think I'll be playing as Big the Cat most of the time. Because Big is awesome. :D

They've revealed so few characters so far that it's hard to say. If Opa Opa or anything from Rez (Fourth Form would be my choice) were in this game, basically nothing would be able to win me over them.

If Motorstorm is anything to go by, "jack of all trade" vehicles aren't going to be much use online, typically vehicles that lean either all the way to mobility and acceleration or size and terrain handling are the best. That would be bad for Tails, but it seems as though this game doesn't have the same nuances as Motorstorm, and the All Star moves might make it irrelevant, placing most of the challenge on getting defensive powers when in the lead.

Would I be correct in assuming that Toejam and Earl are as good as confirmed for DLC?

Edited by Phos

We all have our favorite characters! But who do you think you'll be playing as most of the time?

Knuckles is my absolute favorite, but I'll probably use all of the Sonic characters a bit. Hell, everyone at least once.

As for people I'll probably master and play as just about all the time I'd say Knuckles, Beat, Ryo Hazuki, and Ulala (since she's basically confirmed).

Did you see the latest article he put up regarding ToeJam & Earl? He's all disappointed because he has to choose either the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions of Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing. LMAO. And everyone busting his chops about it.

Any chance you could post the article or at least a link to it? This sounds like something read-worthy.

Heres what the playable character should be for the exclusive versions(If they have them)

Wii & DS: Mario in his Kart.

360: Master Cheif in a changed Warthog.

PS2 & PS3: Ratchet & Clank in a changed Hovership.

• Bad Quality Post 2