Awoo.

The Movie Thread

AdventChild

I saw Monsters University a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, the short before it was really gd as well. Think I will wait until the Blu Ray of Despicable Me 2 comes out before seeing it.

Wadjda-198857857-large.jpg

Wadjda (Arabic: وجدة‎) is a 2012 German/Saudi Arabian film, written and directed by Haifaa al-Mansour. It was shot entirely in Saudi Arabia and is the first feature-length movie made by a female Saudi director.

Wadjda, an 11-year-old Saudi girl living in the capital Riyadh, dreams of owning a green bicycle that she passes in a store every day on her way to school.

Its most receptive audience might be among schoolchildren, although certain elements of Saudi custom that are rushed over in the film (such as the prohibition against women driving) would have to be explained.

Edited by Applejack1973

1175675_10151701502566288_1062058665_n.j

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film pushed back to make room for Transformers 4!

Fans will now have to wait two extra months to see Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Raphael kick some shell on the big screen again as Paramount Pictures has moved the Michael Bay reboot from June 6 to August 8 to make way for summer blockbuster Transformers 4, also directed by Michael Bay!

For more movie news, head here: http://ow.ly/nZlcg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151701502566288&set=a.410515861287.191544.278900021287&type=1

Those turtles look HORRIBLE!

Those turtles are fan-made.

As to why they used fan-made art for the article, your guess is as good as mine.

Edited by DarkLight

REC-4-Teaser.jpg

'[REC]4 Apocalypse' Teaser Poster Sees Red!

Manuela Angela Vidal, played once again by Manuela Velasco, returns as the protagonist. Jaume Balagueró solo directs the pic this time out in which, “Angela Vidal the young television reporter who entered the building with the fireman, manages to make it out alive. But what the soldiers don’t know is that she carries the seed of the strange infection.

Apocalypse is said to conclude the franchise. It is expected to open in Spain October 10th, 2014

carrie.png

The House of Horror of 'Carrie' White

Do you dare to step inside the house of Margaret White?

A new image from Carrie shows the house that Chloe Grace Moretz’ title character grew up in. It’s one of unspeakable horrors. It’s part of Sony’s new Facebook Connect experience. The Find Carrie site has launched. You connect with Facebook to have a friend act as a lookout while you explore Carrie’s House. Also, you can enter the Experience as Christine Hargensen with Billy Nolan as your lookout.

Trailer for Jackass Presents: Bad Grampa. Film adapation of Johnny Knoxville's titular "bad grampa" character Irving Zisman, from the Jackass TV series.

Unlike the past three Jackass films that were comprised entirely of pranks and stunts, this film features a loose that strings together the (hidden) camera pranks and stunts. The film focuses on the 86-yr. old Zisman (Johnny Knoxville), who's tasked with taking his grandson Billy (Jackson Nicoll) to live with his dad after Billy's mom is taken to the slammer as they go on a road trip across the US.

And if the trailer is anything to go by, the result looks hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MSrAwfagG4

Edited by Yeow

So it's gonna have a Borat setup? That could work I guess. Trailer's actually pretty funny, just as long as it doesn't make up all the funny moment in the film :P

Alice-holding-chucky-610x406.jpg

The Curse of Chucky

Don Mancini is in charge and the article says there will be a focus on making Chucky scary again instead of the jokester he's become. The bad news for big screen horror fans is that this in going direct-to-DVD.

• 2 weeks later...

Darn Hoggy, I was going to post that :S But whatevs

On the first watch, I didn't really like what I saw with the original film (which I haven't seen but read up on) in mind. This film seems to take a less violent (to PG-13 levels), more serious tone compared to the over-the-top violence and dark humor of the original film. I do like the visual style though, it reminds me of Dredd.

The themes of the film looks like it's going to focus more on "man vs. suit/machine he's part of" aspect (which was in the original film), with a family thrown in to mess with Murphy even more trying to overriding the suit and his commands/priorities with his humanity/feelings/etc. I also see a lack of satire of American culture and the focus of business/corporate themes such as capitalism and corruption.

If the film pulls off this theme (as well as the action and character development) well, I think the film can work. But as of now it reminds me of that 2012 reboot of Total Recall which opened to lukewarm reviews and wasn't able to break even.

Edited by Yeow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INmtQXUXez8

You have 20 seconds to comply....

WWE need to work out another tie-in storyline

THAT LOOKS SO F*CKING EPIC!!! but I don't like how the suit is black... That kind of took me out of it for a second... And also the car explosion... IDK Maybe it will be cool in the movie who knows? 

RTEmagicC_affiche_gare_du_nord.jpg.jpg

Claire Simon’s Gare du Nord

Gist: Claire Simon’s fourth feature film will see her applying her documentary style to the Gare du Nord railway station, a “Tower of Babel” where immigrants, European travelers and the French populous all intermingle. A multitude of characters and intersecting stories should be a given, and Simon has amassed a significant number of names for her cast, including Nicole Garcia, Monia Chakri, Francois Damiens, and Reda Kateb.

625419_10151631445028197_1736847554_n.jp

‘Insidious 2′ Trailer – Director Reveals Time Travel Plot Details

Now for the details that’ll lead us into the Insidious 2 trailer. In the tail end of the first film, we meet Elise (Lin Shaye) and her team of paranormal activity investigators, Tucker and Specs (Angus Sampson and Leigh Whannell), who come to the conclusion that Dalton has the ability to astral project while he’s sleeping, and is currently in the coma because while doing so, he went too far and is now lost in “The Further.”

Edited by Applejack1973

I think this film would be a lot better if they had removed all of Robocop's emotions, as in the original film.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, strange choice.

'Captain Planet he's a hero, gonna take polution down to zero....'

I remember the opening and ending theme but never actually watched the cartoon.

Edited by -Bender-

I'm not sure I should feel about this.

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever seen, pay to go see a movie, then download an app so you don't get to watch te movie? What the fuck film industry? Why you do these things?

• Thumbs Up 3