Awoo.

The Movie Thread

AdventChild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnY2NjSjrg&list=PLRNbTEZ7dhL3c_wmELillaMUGaimBQJaI&index=1

THE LEGO MOVIE.

oh my god MORGAN FREEMAN AND WILL FERRELL.

Out February 1st in cinemas. Is it 2014 yet?

EDIT: OH AND LIAM NEESON, HAVEN'T BEEN THIS EXCITED FOR A MOVIE SINCE... RED 2 I presume?

Morgan Freeman and Batman are reunited?! SOLD!

Morgan Freeman and Batman are reunited?! SOLD!

1221596-news_batbegins2_2.jpg

Morgan Freeman was Lucius Fox in all three Nolan Batman movies, bro.

I know dude it was a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnY2NjSjrg&list=PLRNbTEZ7dhL3c_wmELillaMUGaimBQJaI&index=1

THE LEGO MOVIE. 

oh my god MORGAN FREEMAN AND WILL FERRELL.

Out February 1st in cinemas. Is it 2014 yet?

EDIT: OH AND LIAM NEESON, HAVEN'T BEEN THIS EXCITED FOR A MOVIE SINCE... RED 2 I presume?

I gotta say, I laughed out loud quite a few times during the trailer. I'm also actually very impressed that this is done in CGI... If I hadn't been told I could have sworn this was stop animation.

Never thought I'd say this, but this movie actually looks really awesome.

Edited by Mr. Mayhem!

Wow, the Lego movie actually looks great. Can't believe I'm saying that...

I was interested in it purely because Will Arnett is playing Batman which seemed like an awesome match.

Like the guy in the $100,000 batsuit is gonna paint his batwing orange. COME ON!!!

Watching the trailer it's actually really good looking. I thought it was going to be rotten cgi like the other lego movies have been. This one seems to have a nice mix of CGI and stop motion which is all good.

I gotta say, I laughed out loud quite a few times during the trailer. I'm also actually very impressed that this is done in CGI... If I hadn't been told I could have sworn this was stop animation.

Never thought I'd say this, but this movie actually looks really awesome.

Really? CGI?! From the way it's animated I was convinced that it was done in actual stop motion.

I also have to echo that this looks great. Especially considering that when you think about it initially, it's rather hard to believe how Legos of all things can be made into a motion picture.

Getting a bunch of franchises with partnerships with Lego is a ingenious move as well in terms of brand recognition and merchandising.

The Dumb and Dumber sequel has been rescued by Universal and Red Granite after Warner Bros. abandoned it.

Dumb and Dumber To is officially happening

In the immediate wake of Warner Bros.' rejection of the Farrelly brothers' Dumb and Dumber sequel, Universal Pictures and Red Granite Financing have picked up the project, Dumb and Dumber To (it's a play on words!)

Variety confirms the Farrelly brothers will direct and produce alongside Red Granite Pictures' Joey McFarland, while Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are still attached to star. The sequel will see the pair hit the road to look for Daniels' daughter.

Warner Bros' allegedly rejected the project due to the poor box office performance of The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, the Steve Carell-Steve Buscemi comedy that had Carrey as a featured co-star.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/dumb-and-dumber-to-is-officially-happening

If both Carrey and Daniels are still keen on starring for this film, I think this could be good. Red Granite has only produced and released one film so far -Friends With Kids-, which had a mixed-to-positive reception. Most of the Farrelly Bros.'s output since There's Something About Mary has been of average quality, though.

The Dumb and Dumber sequel has been rescued by Universal and Red Granite after Warner Bros. abandoned it.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/dumb-and-dumber-to-is-officially-happening

If both Carrey and Daniels are still keen on starring for this film, I think this could be good. Red Granite has only produced and released one film so far -Friends With Kids-, which had a mixed-to-positive reception. Most of the Farrelly Bros.'s output since There's Something About Mary has been of average quality, though.

I'm not a massive fan of Dumb and Dumber but my fiancee adores it.

Don't know how good a sequel will be but, I can  see potential. Can't be any worse than that god awful prequel, now where's my new Ace Ventura?

The Daily Spill - June 18th, 2013

(1:25) Neil Patrick Harris returns to Broadway as Hedwig

(3:56) Despicable Me 2 gets standing ovation at first screening
Wow, this received a standing ovation? It must've been really good to receive such even for an animated sequel.

(6:04) Prometheus 2 seems to be on track
Was the first one even good? I've watched Matthew Buck's Bad-Movie Beatdown review.

(9:28) Creator of Bioshock hired to write “Logans Run” remake
Why not just a Bioshock Movie instead?

(12:12) Jim Beaver latest to join Del Toro’s “Crimson Peak”

(14:21) John Hurt grabs a lead role in Del Toro’s TV series, “The Strain”

(17:02) Spider-Man already set for two more films after next
Looks like Spiderman has been bitten by sequelitis.

(18:12) Freeman & Johansson in Luc Besson’s silly sounding “Lucy”

(20:54) Original ending for “This is the End” revealed
That ending sounds stupid for a Bruce Almighty reference.

(23:20) Houdini action-adventure film to be helmed by Dean Parisot

(27:38) Armie Hammer sold Playboy magazines in middle school

(29:12) Jurassic Park 4 targeting release in 2015
Meh, though I would like to see a synopsis of it.

(33:12) Ryan Reynolds latest to drop out of Highlander reboot
More reboot nonsense.

(35:06) Lucas says he hasn’t talked to JJ Abrams about new Star Wars
Such a shame.

Advent, Sean's already weighed in on the massive link posts with little to no personal input, and I'm afraid that this latest post isn't really cutting it either. I see it as no different from past posts except in regards to size. Post actual article excerpts and give more of your own opinion than just a blurb. The reason this topic doesn't have excessive discussion is because this style of link dumping doesn't invite easy weigh-in on any of the articles both due to the massive amount of links posted at a blinding rate and their lack of elaboration. There's little for members to digest, and even if they do begin to engage in discussion, the topic has inevitably gone on to something else due to the next link dump. There is no cohesion, organization, or focus, and something has to give or else the topic will be up for a lock.

• Thumbs Up 1

1132906-jamel-debbouze-posing-at-ne-quel

Ne Quelque Part

26-year-old law student Farid has to go to Algeria to try and save his father’s house.
His discovers a country where he has never set foot and is gradually won over by a gallery of extraordinary characters whose humor and straightforwardness go straight to his heart. Among them his cousin, a quick-witted wheeler-dealer who dreams of making it to France.

Åroduction

QUAD - Helene Karson : 33, rue Madame de Sanzillon - 92110 Clichy France

(3:56) Despicable Me 2 gets standing ovation at first screening

Wow, this received a standing ovation? It must've been really good to receive such even for an animated sequel.

A standing ovation? Interesting. I think the first movie is great, and it has a rather high score (a 90% CAP @RT), but this is new to me. I don't think I've heard much reports on standing ovations for animated films, even less so for animated sequels.

Just checked RT, and all seven reviews it has so far are positive. Sounds like Despicable Me 2 may be even better than the first one.

Just got done watching World War Z about an hour ago and it was really superb I thought.

There were moments were it felt a little slogging, but almost front to back was pretty intense with either upfront action or on the edge of your seat suspense. What's surprising is that it felt good and not forced or mindless. What surprised me even more is the lack of gore. There were definitely things shot at and hit with blunt objects, but never did I see blood splatter or heads crack or something, something I would've expected from this movie. What's awesome about it is it still got the same point across without that stuffs which is pretty impressive. I'm not against gore or anything, it's just something I noticed off the bat haha.

I haven't read the book, and I didn't even know what it was about really walking into the theater, but it was fantastic I thought. Not "homg greatest movie on earth this year" kinda jaw drop, but I personally thoroughly enjoyed it. It actually wanted me to go pick up the game "The Last of Us" right afterward (too bad Walmart didn't have it) XD.

But yeah, definitely would recommend it.

the-haunted-abigail-breslin_510x340.jpg

Small New Look At Abigail Breslin and Stephen McHattie In ‘Haunter’

Production is underway in Toronto and Brantford and the film is slated for release sometime in 2013.

While the images are pretty small, we do have new looks at Splice director Vincenzo Natali’s Haunter,

Lisa and her family are dead and doomed to repeat that fateful last day before they were all killed in 1985. Only she has ‘woken up’ and realizes what is going on. She starts to feel as if she is being haunted, but the ‘ghost’ turns out to be Olivia who lives in the house in the present day with her own family. With her help, Lisa discovers all secrets around her family.

Haunting%20of%20Helena%20005.jpg

Fairytale

The film landed a release in select theaters on June 21, 2013.

The movie centers on a woman named Sophia who, after a divorce, moves to the south of Italy with her daughter, Helena. The rest of the story goes like this:

Their new home, an apartment within an austere building of the fascist age, is a chance for them to start a new life. But inside an old storage room hides a mysterious closet and a buried secret. After the loss of Helena’s first baby tooth, a chilling obsession begins and an apparition haunts her sleep. Dreams become nightmares. Nightmares become reality. When Helena collects her classmate’s fallen teeth with an urgent hunger, it is clear that there is far more to their new home than can be seen. Sophia finds herself in a terrifying fight to save her child while maintaining her sanity…

tumblr_mmcuyiPB4y1qzp1n5o1_400.jpg

Post Tenebras Lux: Cannes Review

Early signs are deceptively promising, as in a lengthy opening pre-credits sequence we observe - courtesy of a high-def digital camera's slightly distorted, kaleidoscope-like lens - a young girl (Reygadas' daughter Rut) happily wandering around a waterlogged rural soccer-pitch at dusk with various animals for company: cows and dogs splash through the rain-drenched field as night falls and lightning cracks across the vast sky.

Edited by Applejack1973

• 3 weeks later...

New trailers abound!

First teaser for How To Train Your Dragon 2, which looks pretty great. Animation looks top-notch, and Hiccup does a thing in the trailer that I'm not gonna spoil for you guys.

Also, here's a trailer for Saving Mr. Banks: Disney's fictionalized account of Walt Disney's (Tom Hanks) with P.L. Travers (Emma Thompson), scheduled for a 2013 release. I find it a bit interesting that it's PG-13 as opposed to Disney's standard G/PG fare. The PG-13 Disney films were usually reserved for the Pirates or National Treasure franchises if not distributed through Touchstone entirely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kYmrjongg&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Yeow95

New trailers abound!

First teaser for How To Train Your Dragon 2, which looks pretty great. Animation looks top-notch, and Hiccup does a thing in the trailer that I'm not gonna spoil for you guys.

Also, here's a trailer for Saving Mr. Banks: Disney's fictionalized account of Walt Disney's (Tom Hanks) with P.L. Travers (Emma Thompson), scheduled for a 2013 release. I find it a bit interesting that it's PG-13 as opposed to Disney's standard G/PG fare. The PG-13 Disney films were usually reserved for the Pirates or National Treasure franchises if not distributed through Touchstone entirely.

Wow that looks great. Seems a no-brainer for Disney to make a film....about disney, can't believe they've never thought about it before.

I'll definitely be checking this out.

Hope they don't make Disney himself too fluffy and loveable a character though and are  willing to admit his faults. From that trailer though it doesn't seem to be the case.

venice-film-fest-releases-70th-edition-p

venice-film-festival-2013.jpg

Venice Film Fest Releases 70th Edition Poster Designed by illustrator Simone Massi, the image recalls a scene from Theodoros Angelopoulos' "Eternity and a Day."

From August 29 2013 to September 08 2013 - Starting from 260.00 Euro

Gucci will be the partner for the next three years. Paolo Baratta, president of the Biennale, announced also the data of the International Architecture Exhibition

Final Cut in Venice: a workshop dedicated to supporting African films in the post-production phase; it will take place on 29th August at the 70th Festival as part of the Venice Film Market.

1-the-conjuring.jpg

The story behind “The Conjuring”

If you can’t wait to check out the locally made fright flick “The Conjuring,” there are a few videos on the web that feature Andrea Perron and her family discussing experiences that are partly basis for the upcoming summer movie.

Andrea Perron is one of the daughters in a family of five siblings that experienced a horrific and ghostly presence at their farmhouse.

The second, longer video finds Perron visiting the farmhouse many years later with its current owner.

Edited by Applejack1973

The Conjuring was a fantastic horror experience. The greatness about the movie was not that it was scary...it was the TENSION. Man that tension...this movie was NOT going to let you go once it had you.

Totally worth going to see in the big screen.

machete-kills.jpg

‘Machete Kills’ World Premiere To Open Fantastic Fest 2013

Robert Rodriguez‘s grindhouse sequel Machete Kills will get a hometown debut in Austin, Texas at the annual genre-packed Fantastic Fest.

Danny Trejo returns as ex-Federale turned vigilante Machete, who is recruited by the President (Charlie Sheen – billed as Carlos Estevez) to stop an eccentric billionaire (Mel Gibson) from launching a missile into space. Rodriguez has again assembled a B-movie dream team of name actors and unorthodox stars for his gory actioner, including Michelle Rodriguez, Sofia Vergara, Amber Heard, Lady Gaga, Antonio Banderas, Jessica Alba, Demian Bichir, Alexa Vega, Vanessa Hudgens, Cuba Gooding, Jr., William Sadler, and Marko Zaror.

machete-kills.jpg

‘Machete Kills’ World Premiere To Open Fantastic Fest 2013

Robert Rodriguez‘s grindhouse sequel Machete Kills will get a hometown debut in Austin, Texas at the annual genre-packed Fantastic Fest.

Danny Trejo returns as ex-Federale turned vigilante Machete, who is recruited by the President (Charlie Sheen – billed as Carlos Estevez) to stop an eccentric billionaire (Mel Gibson) from launching a missile into space. Rodriguez has again assembled a B-movie dream team of name actors and unorthodox stars for his gory actioner, including Michelle Rodriguez, Sofia Vergara, Amber Heard, Lady Gaga, Antonio Banderas, Jessica Alba, Demian Bichir, Alexa Vega, Vanessa Hudgens, Cuba Gooding, Jr., William Sadler, and Marko Zaror.

Somewhat related, I only found out the other day, Machete is technically a sequel to Spy Kids wacko.png

Danny Trejo has confirmed that the characters he plays in both series are one and the same. And the Machete films show what he does when he's not inventing stuff for the kids.....wow

• Thumbs Up 3

New trailers abound!

I hope they are honest towards the end that Travers never liked the end result.

20123647_2_IMG_FIX_700x700.jpg

Meteora

Meanwhile, down below, earthly rhythms dominate, as personified by a flute-playing wizened old farmer and a goat-killing peasant (what ethnological film is complete without one?) Said animal eventually forms the basis of a picnic the monk, Theodoros, and the nun Urania, initially shown swopping scapulas, share on St Jacobs day. Insistent animated iconography of hell below them remind the viewer of what awaits if they give into temptation.

alps-thumb-300xauto-35344.jpg

The Alps

The Alps, he tells his three colleagues - a young gymnast, her male coach and a nurse - are so imposing that each of them could stand in for another mountain and yet they are irreplaceable. He names himself after the highest one, Mont Blanc. His rationale is as bizarre as his business plan. Mont Blanc's office is in a gym where he interviews perspective clients and introduces them to the members of the group who will enter their homes and take on the roles of the recently departed.