Awoo.

The Movie Thread

AdventChild

Rebel Wilson? Sweet! Also, wouldn't it be ironic if the villain turns out to be an actual Dragon? Since Po's the "Dragon Warrior" and all?

Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness Season 2 Episode 7 "Enter The Dragon" Main Antagonist: Ke-Pa (pronounced "kee-PAH") the Chinese Dragon

http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/kung-fu-panda-legends-of-awesomeness-season-2-episode-7/

It's already been done. 

Putting this in spoilers for it being a potential story idea.

Figures Po would eventually meet his Dad considering how the sequel ended. I'm kind of getting a fan theory that because of Shen's assault, the surviving pandas would rather live in peace and believe in pacifism than to take up violence. It would make things rather awkward when he learns his son is a kung-fu warrior.

"[The film] follows Po, the chosen one, as he continues on his journey mastering the art of Kung Fu... and noodle slurping. Continuing on his now legendary adventures of awesomeness, Po must face two hugely epic, but very different threats: one supernatural and the other a little closer to home." 

Source

Po will have something else to worry about. 

That poster isn't real, but the movie is. 

Huh. I was pretty sure that poster was official.

Edited by Gabe

....I fail to see any reason why this is a bad idea.

Probably because it's yet another attempt by Nick to milk money out of an animated series that was supposed to have originally ended almost a decade ago. The fact that few-to-none of the original writers are on board (and even then those that are involved are merely holding executive positions) and rumor has it the film will be in 3D CGI instead of being traditionally animated like the series and the first film is not helping matters.

Edited by Gabe

That Elysium trailer = hyped! I'm getting serious Mass Effect vibes from it.

Then I see news that Disney has laid off its best animators and...I just lose all hope. Lasseter, I thought you said you were going to bring 2D animation back. Why the fuck have you done this then?! And don't say it's because PotF and Winnie the Pooh were failures! PatF didn't do as well as Tangled because of the title (stupid reason I know, but it's true) and Winnie the Pooh was released in the US on the same day as Deahly Hallows Part 2! Oh, and it wasn't marketed well either.

I can't believe Disney would do this, hand drawn animation is their thing. Hopefully this will be like when they said Home on the Range would be their last hand drawn movie... 

• Thumbs Up 1

Media Player screenshots from my "Der kleine Eisbär 2 - Die geheimnisvolle Insel" (2005) DVD.

359ddn8.jpg

x1dj.jpg

2myxloj.jpg

20houix.jpg

2bxpqa.jpg

It would be lovely to see somebody take Adam Sandler and cast him in a more serious role, in a thriller or something, rather than typecasting him in one of the same three roles he usually seems to take (nice loser, mentally challenged, grown-up kid).

He's looks creepy as hell....I like it.

It would be lovely to see somebody take Adam Sandler and cast him in a more serious role, in a thriller or something, rather than typecasting him in one of the same three roles he usually seems to take (nice loser, mentally challenged, grown-up kid).

Punch drunk love was a more serious role but I suppose it fits into the nice loser bracket as well. It's not your typical Adam Sandler comedy though, I'd check it out if you haven't seen it.

I don't know if he could pull of more serious roles (like Jim Carrey's more serious work) I'd be happy to see him try though.

He's looks creepy as hell....I like it.

Punch drunk love was a more serious role but I suppose it fits into the nice loser bracket as well. It's not your typical Adam Sandler comedy though, I'd check it out if you haven't seen it.

I don't know if he could pull of more serious roles (like Jim Carrey's more serious work) I'd be happy to see him try though.

The sad thing is that all of Sandler's more dramatic movies like Punch-Drunk Love and Reign Over Me suffer from critical dissonance (which is presumably why he's almost-always doing comedic roles)-they get a more positive reception from critics from his other films, but they always bomb at the box office. Whereas you have his more critically disliked fare like Grown Ups and Bedtime Stories gross over $200 million at the box-office. Even the critical scorn Jack and Jill received was unable to prevent the film from making over $150 million.

The_Conjuring_Trailer_1_4_2_13.jpg

WonderCon 2013: The Conjuring

As the sequence progressed, she hears a strange clapping sound that she believes is from her children playing past their bedtime, but obviously that's not it. Her investigation into the strange sounds leads her to make a very unwise trip to her cellar, a decision that got the crowd riled up and shouting at the screen for her to not go down there. Fun stuff.

rio-2-post.jpg

Rio 2014

The narrative will also touch upon the 2014 FIFA World Cup, which will be hosted by Rio next year. Grammy winner Janelle Monae will also voice a character and contribute music to the sequel.

Universal To Remake 'Weird Science'
Fox Releasing CG Charlie Brown Movie
Brad Bird's 'Tomorrowland' Casts Its Robot Girl
Tom Hiddleston To Star In 'Crow' Remake?

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/tom-hiddleston-to-star-in-crow-remake

Not a bad choice.

First Poster For 'Thor: The Dark World'
Edited by AdventChild

rio-2-post.jpg

Ugh, a Rio sequel already? And it seems the plot is almost like a big advertisement for the 2014 World Cup. -__- It'll probably be mediocre like the first movie.

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 2

Fox Releasing CG Charlie Brown Movie

Old news. The only thing new is that a teaser trailer was screened at CinemaCon. It was long announced that Blue Sky Studios would be animating the film, so it was obvious that it would be CGI, as disappointing as it is.

The film has a chance to be good though-Blue Sky Studio's movie streak it is pretty good barring the Ice Age sequels, which are only being made because Fox keeps ordering more sequels and they still make boatloads of money (funnily enough, it's to the point that even Denis Leary -Diego's VA- is sick of them :P). Also, members Schulz's family (namely his son and grandson) are writing/producing the film. Then again, it's being directed by Ice Age 4's Steve Martino (though to his credit he co-directed Horton Hears a Who!-arguably the best of the Seuss films) and the studio/film distributor is....well, Fox, notorious for executive meddling and screwing over their own films (although with a lucrative IP/franchise like Peanuts, it would be financial suicide not promoting the film).

Edited by Gabe

Gergedan-Mevsimi.jpg

Fasle Kargadan

Three decades of political imprisonment might as well be a death sentence in Rhino Season, Bahman Ghobadi's haunting feature that crafts fiction from the inspiration of real-life Kurdish-Iranian poet Sadegh Kamangar.

http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-67039508:nu-kommer-filmen-om-tarok.html

Horse racing legend Tarok as a movie.

nicole-kidman-grace-kelly.jpg

The story of former Hollywood star Grace Kelly's crisis of marriage and identity, during a political dispute between Monaco's Prince Rainier III and France's Charles De Gaulle, and a looming French invasion of Monaco in the early 1960s. |

'Dodgeball' Sequel In The Works

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/dodgeball-sequel-in-the-works

Michael Bay's 'Turtles' Reboot Gets New Title
'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Casting Update
'Expendables 3' Hires Director
Storm Returns In New 'Days of Future Past' Image
Edited by AdventChild

Behnd closed doors in IMAX La Defense.

49209.jpg

Paradise Faith

Every day Anna Maria goes out in city streets with a statuette of Virgin Maria and tells passers-by about the life of Christ. Thus she hopes to turn residents to righteous life. But once Anna Maria's husband, who is a muslim, comes back from Egypt. After a terrible crash he lost ability to walk.

The-Purge-Movie-2013.jpg

The Purge

Word has just come that we're all going to be waiting a little bit longer to see The Purge as the flick's release has been bumped by a week from May 31st to June 7th.

Synopsis: In the United States, the government has sanctioned an annual 12-hour period in which any and all criminal activity (including murder), becomes legal.

Edited by Applejack1973

Awesome! I loved the first one.

As a logo enthusiast, I find it interesting that none of Disney's marketing materials has not appeared alongside Marvel's marketing materials for their films, despite Marvel Studios being a subsidiary of Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Compared to the Paramount Marvel films that list Paramount in the credits (including The Avengers and Iron Man 3, which were part of a distribution deal from Paramount before Disney's acquisition-hence why all of Paramount's logos appear instead of Disney's).

So I guess WDMPS will distribute Marvel's films in a behind-the-scenes fashion by not showing their own logos up-front-presumably a decision on Marvel's part as part of their acquisition by Disney.

Edited by Gabe

I'm definitely in the minority here but Summer is always my least favourite time of the year in terms of film. It's the time of the year where any sense of intelligence or decent writing seems to get chucked out the window in favour of films more interested in explosions and car chases than plot or characters.

Great Gatsby might be pretty good and I'm looking forward to Monsters U but that's about it.....

I'm definitely in the minority here but Summer is always my least favourite time of the year in terms of film. It's the time of the year where any sense of intelligence or decent writing seems to get chucked out the window in favour of films more interested in explosions and car chases than plot or characters.

The movies you are describing are appropriately coined "Summer Blockbusters."