Awoo.

The Movie Thread

AdventChild

Summer 2013 in movies looks great with World War Z as the highlight.

Now that we talk Summer Blockbusters there's The Conjuring too.

Still-1-from-The-Conjurin-008.jpg

While everyone likes to complain about them, the bottom line is audiences love loud noises horror movies.

The actual plot follows a married couple who just so happen to be demonologists, and they enter the most terrifying case of their career when they tangle with spirits at a Rhode Island farmhouse. And it's based on a true story!

Finally saw a trailer for This is the End on Youtube. Ironically it was Michael Cera's impalement that made me go look up info on it; I found a 3-minute trailer and I say it looks pretty promising. It looks like a neat little dark comedy, with the gore Final Destination-esque but in such a manner it stops being horrifying and just becomes hilarious.

Ironically I despise the movie Superbad, but I will say this actually looks fairly promising. I've arranged to go see it.

The Purge and This is the End release on June 7th and 12th, respectively. If Sonic Boom is in LA on June 8th like the first one was, I'm gonna have a heck of a week planned out for my trip with my friends.

Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.

This really is shaping up to be the best of this summer's blockbusters.

• Thumbs Up 3

'TMNT' Alien Origin Officially Scrapped

Interesting that Platinum Dunes are NOW ditching the alien origin storyline-months long after the initial backlash to when the script was leaked.

I'd still keep hopes to an all-time low that anything remotely good if not passable could come from this film project. :/

What the hell? This movie seems a bit... odd, to put it lightly...

...I...ju-just.....wha?

"We got off Scott free!"

"Who's Scott?"

Wow. That has to be one of the worst jokes I've ever heard... It's like something you'd hear on a Nickelodeon cartoon. >_< 

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac

So they took Child's Play and just made it have a bunch of unintentional racist implications, with a more sympathetic killer.

Well, let's give them credit. Not often the serial killer is actually the hero.

I'm predicting this could be a wonderful B-grade horror movie. So Bad It's Good mayhaps?

So I just watched myself a British movie by the name of "Dead Set." It was originally a set of 5 episodes. The plot is basically a fictional season of the real-life show, Big Brother. Several actors are going about the show as normal when a zombie apocalypse occurs, leaving them in the house with no idea that the world's gone down the toilet beyond the compound's walls.

To strengthen the idea of how "real" it is, real actors and performers play as themselves all throughout the movie. You have several former Big Brother contestants at the beginning, for example.

As Simon Pegg of Shaun of the Dead fame himself said, it's shameful they chose the fast zombies trope. However, I thought it was neat enough to keep on watching. There are several homages to the classic Romero films despite their use of the speedy killers. Most notably, as with all of Romero's films, it is humanity's own stupidity, not the shambling (or running in this case) hordes, that condemn what would otherwise be a safe haven from the undead.

Overall, was nice. I'll be watching some more new zombie stuff when I'm not as tired.

At this point it's safe to say Fox is going for quantity over quality regarding the Die Hard franchise-they are going to milk this cahs cow until it goes dry. Another foreign location? Because A Good Day to Die Hard being set in Russia and all was received oh so well!

I just hope that Bruce Willis is sticking to his guns when he said that a sixth Die Hard film would be the last film (or at least that last time he would play John McClain, anyway).

So I just watched myself a British movie by the name of "Dead Set." It was originally a set of 5 episodes. The plot is basically a fictional season of the real-life show, Big Brother. Several actors are going about the show as normal when a zombie apocalypse occurs, leaving them in the house with no idea that the world's gone down the toilet beyond the compound's walls.

To strengthen the idea of how "real" it is, real actors and performers play as themselves all throughout the movie. You have several former Big Brother contestants at the beginning, for example.

As Simon Pegg of Shaun of the Dead fame himself said, it's shameful they chose the fast zombies trope. However, I thought it was neat enough to keep on watching. There are several homages to the classic Romero films despite their use of the speedy killers. Most notably, as with all of Romero's films, it is humanity's own stupidity, not the shambling (or running in this case) hordes, that condemn what would otherwise be a safe haven from the undead.

Overall, was nice. I'll be watching some more new zombie stuff when I'm not as tired.

I know you've mentioned it already but it's not a movie, it's a TV show unless it got edited into a movie for the us?

I love Dead Set, Ifyou haven't already I'd check out Charlie Brooker's (the writer) other stuff. He mostly does TV commentary shows like Screenwipe/Newswipe & How TV ruined your life, but he's also written some other comedies and Dramas like Black Mirror and Nathan Barley, the latter of which is very possibly the most perfect comedy series I've ever seen.

un-chateu-april-29.jpg

Cannes Check 2013: Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi's 'A Villa in Italy'

We begin sizing up the Competition at next month's Cannes Film Festival

We're going through the list by director and in alphabetical order -- meaning actress-turned-director Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi is first up with "A Villa in Italy."

World_War_Z_French_Banner_4_4_13-726x248

Damon Lindelof, Marc Forster And Paramount Discuss The “Insane” $200M Shoot Of ‘World War Z’

Marc Evans, president of production at Paramount, recalls seeing the initial cut for the first time, “It was, like, Wow. The ending of our movie doesn’t work. I believed in that moment we needed to reshoot the movie. We were going to have long, significant discussions to fix this.

grisgris.jpg

Grigris is an upcoming French-Chadian film directed by Mahamat Saleh Haroun, starring Soulémane Démé, Mariam Monory, Cyril Guei and Marius Yelolo

Grigris, a 25 year old man, dreams of becoming a dancer despite the fact that he has a paralyzed leg. His dreams are shattered when his uncle falls seriously ill. To save him, he decides to go work for petrol traffickers.

Edited by Applejack1973

163072-large.jpg

First time director Dag Haugerud has a distinctive way of observing human beings and the dilemmas that daily life offers. Playful and nuanced, I Belong is an extremely Norwegian tragicomedy about three women who have a small soft-spot in their personality, and are hit hard when their idiosyncrasies meet the light of day.

719_557125260986360_1047953291_n.jpg

Tormod Ringnes and Bård Haugan Ingebretsen won a Kanonpris for Best Sound Design (for their work on Kon-Tiki) at this years Kosmorama Film Festival in Trondheim.

Congratulations to them both and to out entire sound team who worked day and night to finish this epic voyage!

purge_lead.jpg

Exclusive Premiere: The Purge Poster

The upcoming thriller stars Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey who have to batten down the hatches to protect their family from an entire country that – for one night every year – gets a free pass to commit any crime they want, with no fear of legal repercussions

under-the-bed-2013-poster.jpg

Slow Burn Horror ‘Under the Bed’ Gets Date, Poster Art!

Those of you who didn’t like our vicious, shaky-cam V/H/S films should turn their attention to the smooth stylings of Steven C. Miller’s Under the Bed, a slow-burn horror that taps into children’s genre films from the ’80s.

Cannes2013.jpg

The biggest film festival in the world (sorry JDIFF!) announced its line-up this morning, and we couldn't be more excited. This year's Cannes Film Festival is taking place in the cinematic coastal town between the 15th and 26th of May, and Steven Spielberg will be there as head of Jury, with Thomas Vinterberg (The Hunt) joining him on the judging panel.

Edited by Applejack1973

New 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Set Pics

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/new-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-set-pics

Oh dear...

John Carpenter Wants To Direct A 'Dead Space' Movie

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/john-carpenter-wants-to-direct-a-dead-space-movie

Wow, sounds very fitting! Just make it more practical effects and less CGI.

'Avengers 2' Scarlet Witch Casting Rumor

Yeah, that ticket to Mars doesn't sound so hot after watching this.

Edited by AdventChild

So apparently, there's going to be a Toy Story 4. What the hell are they going to do now in this movie!?

So apparently, there's going to be a Toy Story 4. What the hell are they going to do now in this movie!?

That's a rumor that's already been debunked.

you might be mistaking it for the Toy Story Halloween special that's airing in the US later this year. It's gonna be an hour long tv movie. There's no Toy Story 4