Awoo.

Unpopular Sonic opinions!

Alice Twilight

.....What the fuck are you talking about?

Blaze has the character traits of a lead, and can perfectly play the role of a love interest.

She was debut in 2005, during the development window of Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

She also shares traits that could blend perfectly with Elise's story in Sonic '06, most notably the ones used in the plot:

in the span of one year he had two characters that

are princesses.

are related with fire.

with emotional problems, being central to the plot somehow (can't cry/ can't show emotion).

play love tropes straight.

what I'm suggesting here is that while Amy was created to balance the sausage fest of the series, the similarities between Blaze and Elise could suggest she was created for that role BEFORE Sonic '06.

they had the need to create a love interest, they might have just created another female lead to complement Amy's role altogether.

got it?

Well fans need a weird to bash they're most hated character so..

Yes, because everyone knows a female can't be competent and beautiful on her own merit, no she needs to be broken, bitter, or "earn" her status.

In a action series where the lead is a male she is pretty much the only female character that could be compared to him, so...

Well, I can see why some people like to call Blaze a Mary Sue, she doesn't fit into the description, but I don't blame them, I see where they are coming from.

I say that Blaze's apparent competence is justified because she plays a role where there traits are needed.

Edited by Anti Alias

Blaze has the character traits of a lead, and can perfectly play the role of a love interest.

So can Tails, what's your point?

are princesses.

are related with fire.

with emotional problems, being central to the plot somehow (can't cry/ can't show emotion).

play love tropes straight.

what I'm suggesting here is that while Amy was created to balance the sausage fest of the series, the similarities between Blaze and Elise could suggest she was created for that role BEFORE Sonic '06.

they had the need to create a love interest, they might have just created another female lead to complement Amy's role altogether.

got it?

I think you been smoking whatever Silver is? So you're telling me that the sheer coincidences between Blaze & Elise means that they are somehow replacements for Amy.......yeah, lay off the weed man.

In a action series where the lead is a male she is pretty much the only female character that could be compared to him, so...

...So basically woman are nothing without men, good to know.

Well, I can see why some people like to call Blaze a Mary Sue, she doesn't fit into the description, but I don't blame them, I see where they are coming from.

Those people are stupid and are just throwing that out there because they don't like a certain character.

• Thumbs Up 3

I think you been smoking whatever Silver is? So you're telling me that the sheer coincidences between Blaze & Elise means that they are somehow replacements for Amy.......yeah, lay off the weed man.

Maybe... all of the three are female leads ready to play the roles, if they are or not for replacement or complement of the current one will depend only on their recurrence, Blaze seems to have strong emphasis on the most limiting characteristics of Amy's characterization, so it seems that she really have been planned to complement her in the role...

...So basically woman are nothing without men, good to know.

The series always gave much more focus to the male characters, that's not shocking news since circa 1991 I believe... Blaze being the only female character comparable to Sonic, the main character, IS something that makes her stand out, doesn't make? well, isn't being a foil to the main character one of the traits of a simple female lead for a kids series, as you can see in lot's of different works?

Those people are stupid and are just throwing that out there because they don't like a certain character.

I know. official characters doesn't fit into the Mary Sue description.

Edited by Anti Alias

untitled.jpg

Character discussions. Character discussions everywhere.

*Character suckage list*

Edited by Gabz Girl

I would love a reboot. This would give them a chance to make a new gameplay style that hasn't been the exact same for 4 years.

To be fair, the Classics had even less differences compared to the Modern games.

They might have had more significant differences, but eh.

To be fair, the Classics had even less differences compared to the Modern games.

They might have had more significant differences, but eh.

I disagree. Apart from the base mechanics, the classic were different. Each one introduced many new things, mixed old things up, and gave each game a new look with new graphics.

I genuinely believe that "Tossed in Space" is the best Sonic the Hedgehog story ever written and I really wish it was longer!

Tossed in Space was a clusterfuck of Deux Ex Machinas, parents from nowhere and StC homages.

-I find Shadow the Hedgehog better than Sonic Heroes and Generations.

-Sonic 1 is boring.

-Eggman is cute<3

-I find Shadow the Hedgehog better than Sonic Heroes and Generations.

-Sonic 1 is boring.

-Eggman is cute<3

Just asking but......HOW?!

I think Amys age should be bumped up to 14. I just don't like the idea of her being 3 years younger than sonic.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think Amys age should be bumped up to 14. I just don't like the idea of her being 3 years younger than sonic.

The ages in this series always peeved me off, everyone is said to be in their mid teens, but everyone acts like they're in their late teens/ early twenties, this is particular with Blaze and Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 3

Explain why? For the whole "obsessed girl chases uninterested boy" angle it works quite well. But in general, the characters having ages doesn't sit right with me. I just look at them as "Vector and Rouge are older, Cream and Charmy are younger" etc. None of them suit their ages too well.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's an anime thing, really. Hardly anyone acts their age in a teen-centric setting there.

If everyone aside from Cream & Charmy were aged up 3-4 years, I think it would sit better.

Have we ever been specifically told Sonic's age in the past few years? In Generations it's his birthday but they don't even tell you his current age! He acts about 18-20 now and his voice's cracked like nobody's business... I wonder if there was a few years inbetween Unleashed and Colours because a lot of characters act older and more mature between these games (Tails is a great example of this).

Mario and Sonic London had some ages (including Sonic's) as trivia questions. According to that, they've stayed the same.

I don't know, I think Amy acts just like a crazed 12 years pre teen, fitting.

Tails however is 8 but could pass as 12 quite easily.

Blaze is very mature, but somehow her English voice makes her sound like a 12-14 years old girl, or even younger, her Japanese voice makes her sound like a woman.

Sonic always seemed like a 17-19 years old guy to me.

Rouge is an young adult.

Vector seems older than anyone else bar Vanilla.

Vanilla BTW is a hot mom, probably 30+

Cream acts OK for a 6 year old.

Just asking but......HOW?!

I like how you can chose your own path which alters the story. I also thought the story was better and the gameplay was less boring than Generations.

I like how you can chose your own path which alters the story.
Not really.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like how you can chose your own path which changes which bosses you fight and where you go, but ultimately all stories are noncanon and the game ends how all other games end. I also thought the story was hilariously bad and the gameplay just made me want to scoop my eyes out.

fix'd

Edited by HyperMetalWario
  • Thumbs Up 1

fix'd

Arrogant much, dude?

I hate the game all to high hell, but you don't have the right to "fix" someone's opinion on what they happen like. That is not how we dispute arguments here.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Arrogant much, dude?

I hate the game as much as the next person, but you don't have the right to "fix" someone's opinion on what they happen like. That is not how we dispute arguments here.

Holy.

Mother.

Fuck.

It was a JOKE.

EDIT: Look, the guy who posted it even liked it. Not everything is super serious all the time.

Edited by HyperMetalWario

Holy.

Mother.

Fuck.

It was a JOKE.

EDIT: Look, the guy who posted it even liked it. Not everything is super serious all the time.

And I was supposed to know that before hand how?

I can't always read through text if something is obviously joke or not, especially when you don't know if the person was actually being serious.

I believe that the music should include more orchestra. The main Sonic theme orchestrated would be awesome for the title screen.

I second this, but with the Sonic and Knuckles theme instead. :V

I also think that there should be more industrial music, especially for Eggman's stages. Some fuckin' awesome techno-industrial-orchestra music.