Awoo.

All-Stars Racing Transformed: The Track Roster Thread

Cortez

It's a Japan only arcade game that made HOTD... Silly, compared to the games we know in the west. You(and ideally your boy/girlfriend) played as the zombie couple from ASR as they tried to escape the Mansion. Zobio & Zobiko were probably picked cause every other IP that got a track had a racer... and to get kid friendly Zombies/Japan-only characters.

I had no idea EX existed either.

Oddly enough, I believe EX has settings to allow it to be 100% English language. In fact I think it was privately shown off somewhere in the US.

I'm pretty sure that EX was ported to the West with the name "Loving Deads", though I'm not sure if it was just in Europe or if it ever came to the states.

I'm pretty sure that EX was ported to the West with the name "Loving Deads", though I'm not sure if it was just in Europe or if it ever came to the states.

It wasn't ported when we we doing ASR though, hence we didn't have English voices for everything (Zobiko in particular).

...and Overkill characters in a PEGI 7 / ESRB 10+ game? Unlikely. Bear in mind our age rating also defines who stocks us, i..e Walmart etc. An 18 rating may be fine for you guys, but not fine for sales!

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 1

An 18 rating may be fine for you guys, but not fine for sales!

---

S0L

---

So basically, it will be a miracle for some sort of Platinum Games rapresentation in the game. Fine, i should have expected that after all.

It wasn't ported when we we doing ASR though, hence we didn't have English voices for everything (Zobiko in particular).

...and Overkill characters in a PEGI 7 / ESRB 10+ game? Unlikely. Bear in mind our age rating also defines who stocks us, i..e Walmart etc. An 18 rating may be fine for you guys, but not fine for sales!

---

S0L

---

Maybe you can help me out on this one, but why does in the inclusion of characters from an 18+ games automatically mean this game's age rating will go up too? Just because of the assosiation?

I'm not complaining or anything, just curious.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe you can help me out on this one, but why does in the inclusion of characters from an 18+ games automatically mean this game's age rating will go up too? Just because of the assosiation?

I actually have the same question. I'm curious too.

Not automatically, but then it would depend on the character. Bayonetta for example would be very close to pushing the rating up. You couldn't do her justice without keeping the provactive side of the character and the speech. Overkill characters basically spent the entire game swearing heavily - which means we'd have trouble finding any speech we could use - and even if you bleeped it out, this would raise eyes at age rating.

Mostly though, you've got to consider how the characters sit together as a set. If you put in characters from Vanquish or Binary Domain, they would very likely look out of place next to the Sonic ones. It's tricky to do human characters in a game like this. BD Joe works, as does Shinobi as they're quire stylised already. It's not impossible, but you have to take into account the character and try and stick true to it - else it feels unnatural.

It's again a never say never situation, it all very much depends on the scope of the game and the feel you're aiming for. So far they've been very much about knockabout arcade fun and very tongue in cheek. If you did say an Epic Mickey type affair, you could push the age rating and go a lot darker with theme and feel.

But surely... There are enough dark games out there and we'd all prefer some blue skies gaming :P

---

S0L

---

• Thumbs Up 6

Overkill characters basically spent the entire game swearing heavily - which means we'd have trouble finding any speech we could use - and even if you bleeped it out, this would raise eyes at age rating.

God, this would be the greatest DLC of all time. I would never stop laughing.

Mostly though, you've got to consider how the characters sit together as a set. If you put in characters from Vanquish or Binary Domain, they would very likely look out of place next to the Sonic ones.

You mean... ASRT doesn't have a French Speaking Kung Fu robot in it?

I'm sad now... =(

• Thumbs Up 3

Mostly though, you've got to consider how the characters sit together as a set. If you put in characters from Vanquish or Binary Domain, they would very likely look out of place next to the Sonic ones. It's tricky to do human characters in a game like this. BD Joe works, as does Shinobi as they're quire stylised already. It's not impossible, but you have to take into account the character and try and stick true to it - else it feels unnatural.

---

S0L

---

Out of curiosity S0L, would say a glutinous Cyberpunk infulenced pig man fit this series? Edgar Oinkie for ASRT!

Edited by Balding Spider

I'm glad the Binary Domain characters aren't in this. Generally I hate western game protagonists because they're not timeless and well-designed like Japanese ones. They're not adorable or unique, they're just normal dudes, completely indistinguishable.

I mean at least Japanese devs give them some flair and style when they design "realistic" characters like the ones in Bayonetta and Anarchy Reigns. Western devs like the ones that made Binary Domain rarely even bother.

They're not adorable or unique, they're just normal dudes, completely indistinguishable.

I'm thinking that maybe if the rumor about Sonic 1/2 stages is true, then Death Egg could actually be based on the Sonic 2 stage instead. Why does everyone instantly jump the gun and say its the Sonic & Knuckles stage?

Now, if Chemical Plant is in, it wouldn't kill me. I don't MIND the possibility of Chemical Plant. I'd rather not have it, though, since as others have stated, there's already a Chemical Plant remake.

Green Hill Zone DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT BE IN THIS GAME though. Granted, it STILL wouldn't kill me, but I'd be very pissed off if they chose to add Green Hill over other potential Sonic 1 stages, especially since we've already got Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace which is pretty much the same thing.

I'd really like to see an Ark stage, too, myself. It would be a nice touch to have each Sonic character a stage based on them... Shadow is the perfect fit for an Ark stage. Sonic's stage works as Ocean Palace; Metal Sonic, of course, is Death Egg. Eggman can probably get a stage from Sonic 1/2, Tails gets the other (Metropolis would work nice for Eggman; alternatively Starlight Carnival might be considered "his" stage), Knuckles is a definite for Sky Sanctuary.

I'd love to see an Ark stage, but at this point I don't see it happening, especially since we already appear to have Metal Harbor from SA2. Granted, Ark could be based on Shadow the Hedgehog instead, but its highly unlikely that game will get a reference.

Not really sure what to comment on in regards to other franchises. Just speculating possible new Sonic ones.

especially since we already appear to have Metal Harbor from SA2

Are you sure?

You might be getting your wires crossed with the Carrier Zone of Afterburner Fame.

I'm thinking that maybe if the rumor about Sonic 1/2 stages is true, then Death Egg could actually be based on the Sonic 2 stage instead. Why does everyone instantly jump the gun and say its the Sonic & Knuckles stage?

Now, if Chemical Plant is in, it wouldn't kill me. I don't MIND the possibility of Chemical Plant. I'd rather not have it, though, since as others have stated, there's already a Chemical Plant remake.

Edited by PsychoJosh

Green Hill Zone DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT BE IN THIS GAME though. Granted, it STILL wouldn't kill me, but I'd be very pissed off if they chose to add Green Hill over other potential Sonic 1 stages, especially since we've already got Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace which is pretty much the same thing.

I'd really like to see an Ark stage, too, myself. It would be a nice touch to have each Sonic character a stage based on them... Shadow is the perfect fit for an Ark stage. Sonic's stage works as Ocean Palace; Metal Sonic, of course, is Death Egg. Eggman can probably get a stage from Sonic 1/2, Tails gets the other (Metropolis would work nice for Eggman; alternatively Starlight Carnival might be considered "his" stage), Knuckles is a definite for Sky Sanctuary.

I'd love to see an Ark stage, but at this point I don't see it happening, especially since we already appear to have Metal Harbor from SA2. Granted, Ark could be based on Shadow the Hedgehog instead, but its highly unlikely that game will get a reference.

Not really sure what to comment on in regards to other franchises. Just speculating possible new Sonic ones.

Not automatically, but then it would depend on the character. Bayonetta for example would be very close to pushing the rating up. You couldn't do her justice without keeping the provactive side of the character and the speech. Overkill characters basically spent the entire game swearing heavily - which means we'd have trouble finding any speech we could use - and even if you bleeped it out, this would raise eyes at age rating.

It's again a never say never situation, it all very much depends on the scope of the game and the feel you're aiming for. So far they've been very much about knockabout arcade fun and very tongue in cheek. If you did say an Epic Mickey type affair, you could push the age rating and go a lot darker with theme and feel.

But surely... There are enough dark games out there and we'd all prefer some blue skies gaming tongue.png

---

S0L

---

Edited by Teoskaven

Would that mean that Valkyria Chronicles wouldn't fit into the game then? They were created with a cartoony look, and Alicia/Selvaria have their Valkyrian forms to be classed as not specifically human (like NiGHTs and Reala).

Gallia also has blue skies.

Edited by Ruhm

I'm glad the Binary Domain characters aren't in this. Generally I hate western game protagonists because they're not timeless and well-designed like Japanese ones. They're not adorable or unique, they're just normal dudes, completely indistinguishable.

I mean at least Japanese devs give them some flair and style when they design "realistic" characters like the ones in Bayonetta and Anarchy Reigns. Western devs like the ones that made Binary Domain rarely even bother.

We really need a fucking dislike button. This post makes me absolutely sick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Generally I hate western game protagonists because they're not timeless and well-designed like Japanese ones. They're not adorable or unique, they're just normal dudes, completely indistinguishable.

Ratchet and Clank.

Jak and Daxter.

Sackboy.

Crash Bandicoot.

Spyro the Dragon.

Parappa the Rapper.

• Thumbs Up 7