Awoo.

Sonic the hedgehog 4 - previews, interviews, and impressions topic

goku262002

Well, if they were to go that route with the Deatheggificated!Little Planet, I hope that game actually does something substantial with it...

If we're talking about a probable Episode 3:

- Eggman steals Master Emerald to revive Death Egg

- Angel Island falls again

- Knuckles mad

- Sonic and Tails help, head to the Death Egg again

- Sonic heroes win, Master Emerald retrieved

- Eggman mad

- Angel Island rises

- Sonic tells Knuckles to get a different job

Considering Episode 2 I can't see anything original or much more happening.

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 3

That actually sounds pretty much like what they'd do. You'd start off in like Angel Hill Zone, all four zones would be on Angel Island fighting Eggman mecha powered by the Master Emerald as he tries to escape, the final zone is like the Egg Core Zone in Death Egg or something, and Episode Knuckles would be a prequel with three acts and a boss in Hidden Palace. And the best bit is, since the setting is the same as S3&K, "the story" justifies the rehashes!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going to guess this...but Episode III leads into Sonic Heroes. How did Tails and Knuckles get the letter from Eggman in Heroes? Why was Sonic running in some weird desert? Why are Tails and Knuckles in a plane together? All will be revealed, IN EPISODE HEROES!

I'm going to guess this...but Episode III leads into Sonic Heroes. How did Tails and Knuckles get the letter from Eggman in Heroes? Why was Sonic running in some weird desert? Why are Tails and Knuckles in a plane together? All will be revealed, IN EPISODE HEROES!

That'd require Episode III to suddenly be set after Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 which'd be... a goddamn weird thing to do? Lol.

That'd require Episode III to suddenly be set after Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 which'd be... a goddamn weird thing to do? Lol.

It makes as much sense as Sonic 4 being connected to CD. XP

I did joke with my brother actually, how many of Eggman's old space stations/ satellites etc are actually left floating around the planet now, anyway? laugh.png

But seriously, it wouldn't have taken much to show the metal exterior crumbling away from Little Planet as the credits rolled. ;___;

I'm pretty sure they took the final ending out in the event that they weren't going to make a third episode.

• Thumbs Up 3

It makes as much sense as Sonic 4 being connected to CD. XP

Yeeeah but they've retconned Ep 1 so it was also related to Eggman's post-CD plans. Having just one episode set completely seperate from the other two would be a bit ehh to me.

At least now we have the exciting whale-staggering explanation for Metal Sonic's miraculous return from the brink of defeat.

Eggman: "It's a robot. I fixed it."

Breathtaking!

• Thumbs Up 7

At least now we have the exciting whale-staggering explanation for Metal Sonic's miraculous return from the brink of defeat.

Eggman: "It's a robot. I fixed it."

Breathtaking!

Well he already cameo'd in SA1 where he was in the Mystic Ruins base, so it was pretty obvious that this happened. They didn't even try to explain it interestingly. I'm more interested in knowing why Metal went rogue before Heroes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well he already cameo'd in SA1 where he was in the Mystic Ruins base, so it was pretty obvious that this happened. They didn't even try to explain it interestingly. I'm more interested in knowing why Metal went rogue before Heroes.

It's a shame because they could have easily covered this by having a frustrated Metal Sonic ignore Eggman's commands or something in a cut-scene near the end. Metal Sonic flies out of of the room by smashing through a wall and off into space, Eggman has a little tantrum, Sonic does a "aha I have you now!" pose, Eggman panics and runs off, cue Death Egg Mk.II boss stage.

Well... except for Metal Sonic being in the tube in Sonic Adventure. Humm. Well I guess if we're ever going to get an explaination they'll have to do the Zelda thang and just set a future game inbetween other ones. "Shortly after the events on the ARK, where Sonic and Shadow saved the world from the plans of the insane Gerald Robotnik..." (possibly tie in a Sonic Adventure 2 re-release a few months beforehand to refresh people's memory). Or to do it without having to insert a game in the timeline, have Metal Sonic be bad guy again and explain it in a flashback, making it somehow relevant to his current plan. Etc etc.

Edited by JezMM

These are the sorts of holes I wish Archie Comics would fill had they done a comic taking place in the game universe. Honestly, I'd subscribe to these kinds of stories. Not what they're currently telling.

--

Which is more of a reason for the Super Sonic Mag to have game universe stories!

Anyway, a note about interviews, the SEGAbits Sonic Talk podcast will play host to a Sonic 4 Ep II after party with a few members of the community team. Show should be up monday. cool.png

Edited by Barry the Nomad

I wasn't sure where to put this. :L Should I use my Microsoft Points on:

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II or Sonic CD

I wasn't sure where to put this. :L Should I use my Microsoft Points on:

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II or Sonic CD

Depends; how many Microsoft Points do you have?

Depends; how many Microsoft Points do you have?

Only really enough for one of the two. :/

Go with Sonic CD, then. You'll probably enjoy it more and longer than you would with this game.

CD is cheaper and better. Go for that, unless there's some reason you don't want it that much. E2 is pretty pants, so unless you really loved E1 I don't imagine you'll feel too much differently about it. Get that when it's on a sale if you're not really desperate to play it.

Okay guys, thanks for that! I hated Ep. I, so I suppose I'll skip on this for now and stick to the Classics.

To expand on my recommendation: Get CD first because as mentioned, it's a really great rerelease of a good Sonic game. Plus it's inexpensive.

Get Sonic 4 Ep II next. Not so much because of the story connection, but because you really shouldn't pass up a port like Sonic CD given the quality of the work done on bringing it to XBLA/PSN and the price.

I liked Episode II, so I'm not going to talk shit about it. It's worth getting, but you really should get CD first. It's a real treat.

Was playing SF3 with Neon a few mins ago, and it turns out Tails can use the Spirit Bomb. Whoda thunk?

203650screenshots201205.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8

Was playing SF3 with Neon a few mins ago, and it turns out Tails can use the Spirit Bomb. Whoda thunk?

... Eh, why not? Sonic himself can already use the KamehameHadoken.

[media=]

• Thumbs Up 3

A bit of new info might be revealed on our Sonic Talk podcast this monday. Haven't heard it myself, but I'm told the SoA community team talks the Sonic 4 bible which contains the Eggman boss names as well as the name/names of the islands in Sonic 4. Can't confirm if they reveal said names, or if they talk about how they're to be revealed.

Now I have my criticisms of ep I, but I really did like the idea of a NEW island and was let down when we never learned the name. Hopefully we soon learn what that landmass is called to bring a bit mote depth to Sonic's world. I'm also curious as to what the landmass in ep II is, as that would then give a name to the area containing Never Lake.

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 2

Has anyone noticed when playing Ep2 in single player mode, sometimes when Sonic goes near any enemy-but doesn't attack it and turns away from it, Tails will attack and destroy the enemy even though he is AI controlled. Whilst slightly odd this can be helpful.

It's the same with an item box, if you go near one but don't touch it and turn away in a different direction, Tails with hit the item box himself.

- let me be clear, Tails does not attack the badnik/item box by accident, it's like he is programmed to do this.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

Yeah, that's fairly standard behaviour for an AI character. They did this sort of thing in Advance 3 and Heroes. It's not like his AI is oarticularly advanced or anything.