Awoo.

Sonic the hedgehog 4 - previews, interviews, and impressions topic

goku262002

I'm glad Episode 2 is selling well. I don't want them to put their profits into Episode 3 though, I'd rather they make a Sonic 5 that isn't episodic, with heaps of content.

I'd rather they don't make a Sonic 5 or anymore sequels to the classics and just make a fresh new 2D series.

Edited by sonfan1984

I'm glad Episode 2 is selling well. I don't want them to put their profits into Episode 3 though, I'd rather they make a Sonic 5 that isn't episodic, with heaps of content.

Honestly, it might be smarter to just make a good 2D Sonic game with no expectations placed on it as the result of a title.

EDIT: sonfan posted the same thing as me.

Edited by Enigmatus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of weird Tails shenanigans, sometimes at the end of a boss if you go to the right before the scroll begins, sometimes he will start jumping continuously. I doubt it's intentional, but it makes a nice homage to the times Tails would jump constantly in the Classics when he was your partner!

• Thumbs Up 3

Pfft, Tails is clearly tired of the whole "sidekick" routine, and is trying to leave in protest. I mean, really, if you had to be some asshole's understudy for 20 years, wouldn't you be sick of it?

Pfft, Tails is clearly tired of the whole "sidekick" routine, and is trying to leave in protest. I mean, really, if you had to be some asshole's understudy for 20 years, wouldn't you be sick of it?

More like 15 years. Tails didn't do shit the last 5 tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Only yesterday AI Tails decided to hit that special item box (where you rapidly tap the controller to get rings) and I (Sonic) had not gone near that item box.

I like how Tails is using his own initiative...

WELCOME, SSMB MEMBERS AND GUESTS, TO A SPECIAL SEGMENT THAT I LIKE TO CALL:

~"TAILS, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING"~

STARRING TAILS

You ready for this?

screenshots taken by moi on the iOS/iPhone version of the game

Tails.

What the fuck are you doing.

THE END

This reminds me of my own "Tails what the fuck are you doing" Story.

A couple of months ago I was doing a bit of a Megadrive Marathon although using the Gamecube Mega Collection for ease. I got to Sonic 3&K and played as Sonic only.

Nothing unusual happened until I beat the Carnival Night Act1 boss, at which point along with the sign-post, Tails fell from the sky at the far left of the screen and stood there. He was also INSTANTLY in his idle animation.

Baffled, I carried on running right and Tails was dragged along with me, still in his idle animation in the corner of the screen, he stayed like that until the space he was occupying was suddenly where another solid bit of ground was, at which point due to the overlap he "bo-bom" died and was gone.

Pretty weird, but not the end of it. During my playthrough the same thing happened at about 4 or 5 bosses. Including the Carnival Night Act 2 boss, at which point I got a (bad) photo.

Tails.jpg

I know the photo doesn't really prove anything cause that could just be a screenshot of a 2 player game, but it was for my own memories so took it anyway. Of course after this photo, I ran for the cannon, tails dragged along until he overlapped the floor, and died.

An hour after posting this edit: I just noticed the Time and Rings labels are missing! The hell was going on!?

And that is my entry to the files we now call:

~"TAILS, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING"~

Edited by supersonikku
  • Thumbs Up 3

Sonic 4 Episode 2 recently got a demo on the iOS.

...IT HAS TWO FULL LEVELS WITH NO TIME LIMIT!

Gasp!

There has to be a catch here, right? SEGA wouldn't do something nice like that.

You're right! You have to sign into facebook and twitter and share the game to play the second level. The game is so poorly optimized that it took me 3 minutes just to sign into facebook and I gave up.

There has to be a catch here, right? SEGA wouldn't do something nice like that.

You're right! You have to sign into facebook and twitter and share the game to play the second level.

... and basically blacklist yourself in your peoples' eyes? Ha ha ha, no.

• Thumbs Up 1

So guess what I got on Sonic's birthday? That's right, Sonic 4: Episode 2. Yay! (Yes, it took me over a month to get the game).

My verdict? It's a great, if difficult, game. The level design is extremely fun, the music was great (and very Genesis-y), the story is good extension of the classics, and, overall, seems like a fitting sequel to the classics. The bosses, while better than Ep. 1, still aren't very good. They're too long. Also, even though the music sounds more Genesis-y, I prefer Ep.1's soundtrack a bit more.

So yeah, overall, Sonic 4 as a whole is definitely worthy to be called Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (to me). I really, really hope they make an Episode 3; the story begs to be finished.

Just got the latest issue of PSM 3 magazine. It does a very brief review of EP2. Gives it 6 out of 10.

It basically says that you play the game and Sonic works but you don't have control - i.e. dash pads and springs grouped together just push you along-rather boring. Or Sonic doesn't work when you do have control - stutters through awkward platforming, backtracking and tedious pauses before regaining momentum.

- agreed.

Says that Rayman and Mario has shown Sonic up (in terms on digital download titles) and it's time for Sonic to retire.

- difficult to argue with that.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

My brother bought this... thing the other day, and I had the displeasure of "playing" it.

God, I haven't seen this amount of bullshit from the level design department since Sonic Unleashed. It's like Sonic Advance 3 levels of stupidity except now the shitty teamwork moves are mandatory. The only times this game isn't completely asinine is when the game takes control away from you via speed boosters and springs. The bosses are also incredibly dull and Metal Sonic in particular had a cheap as shit smash the floor move that you'd need clairvoyance to avoid on the first go, which forced me to play his awful fight all over again.

But hey! At least the physics are fixed!... no wait they aren't. Rolling only works on some hills for some reason or another. On several occasions I've seen Sonic stop dead in his tracks halfway down a good sized hill. On the flip side, I've also seen Sonic actually keep rolling and actually gaining speed from it. It's like I'm taking a gamble at whether or not Sonic will actually roll, and most of the time, he doesn't. Sonic overall is still incredibly awkward to control, just like in Episode I.

I haven't even finished this game, and I'm definitely not going to anytime soon. Fuck this game, I'd rather play Episode I. Plastic grass be damned.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 4

Fuck these games.

If I hadn't already paid for them, I'd erase the pieces of shit from my Harddrive.

You can't get refunds for digital downloads, can you?

Well, it's a good thing you played the demo first and found out the gameplay wasn't to your liking before purchasing the whole thing, thus saving you time, energy, frustration and money.

Oh, wait.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, it's a good thing you played the demo first and found out the gameplay wasn't to your liking before purchasing the whole thing, thus saving you time, energy, frustration and money.

Oh, wait.

Well, to be fair, the demo isn't very good.

Well, to be fair, the demo isn't very good.

You didn't really need a demo for Ep2. The game was released early on Steam so there was plenty of game footage on youtube to see how the game looked and played. Also, there was plenty of feedback from some SSMB members (who played the early release) as to how Ep2 felt compared to Ep1.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

You didn't really need a demo for Ep2. The game was released early on Steam so there was plenty of game footage on youtube to see how the game looked and played. Also, there was plenty of feedback from some SSMB members (who played the early release) as to how Ep2 felt compared to Ep1.

There's a difference between watching someone play a game/reading someone's thoughts on that game, and playing the game yourself.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, wait.

Because if we did only play the demo, people would complain about us "Not playing the good parts of the game" or "The full game is much better!"

Wasted $15 on this thing, should've gotten Trials Evolution instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck these games.

If I hadn't already paid for them, I'd erase the pieces of shit from my Harddrive.

You can't get refunds for digital downloads, can you?

What the hell dude? Sonic 4 is a great game. It doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. It's no Sonic 3 but it's still a damn good game.

What the hell dude? Sonic 4 is a great game. It doesn't deserve all the hate it gets. It's no Sonic 3 but it's still a damn good game.

Many people who are fans of/grew up with the original Genesis games (I included) could not disagree more.

• Thumbs Up 1