Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

The latest rumor?

Goodbye Dual Shock pad design & Orbi is to be revealed in a matter of weeks not months.

It puts the Vita dpad on its controller or else it gets the hose again.

Then take the Move trigger design, maybe make sticks concave and a slight ergonomic change. There, best controller ever made.

Okay now you can consider me finally interested. Enough of these bloody rumours being flung around every damn second. Sony is finally gonna speak.

The sooner this arduous and drawn-out race for the next-gen is over with the better.

This gen dragging on for too long is just making this completely uninteresting.

• Thumbs Up 4

It puts the Vita dpad on its controller or else it gets the hose again.

Then take the Move trigger design, maybe make sticks concave and a slight ergonomic change. There, best controller ever made.

Unless the increase the size, unlikely. I can't play games that require constant use of the triggers due to how awkwardly shaped and small the DualShock is.

lV5Xjec.png

bildschirmfoto2013-02aykya.png

LT1p6u4.png

The Next Generation....

ron-paul.gif

P.S. This will be the funniest thing ever if instead of the PS4 they announce Wonderbook 2.

• Thumbs Up 4

Definitely a worldwide thing. Here's the UK site:

http://uk.playstation.com/meeting2013/

It's being advertised on the PlayStation sites and blogs, too.

http://uk.playstation.com/

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/31/see-the-future/

You can sign up for a mailing list.

It's going to be the biggest news in the industry when someone in China leaks all of the information two weeks early!

Also, maybe related and maybe not, but Sony released a new high end Blu Ray player last week:

sony-s5100-blu-ray-xl.jpg

Maybe a sign of things to come for the aesthetic of the PS4? I quite like it, in any case.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's going to be the biggest news in the industry when someone in China leaks all of the information two weeks early!

Also, maybe related and maybe not, but Sony released a new high end Blu Ray player last week:

sony-s5100-blu-ray-xl.jpg

Maybe a sign of things to come for the aesthetic of the PS4? I quite like it, in any case.

Yeah I've seen that image doing the rounds... I can't decide if I like it.

I don't particually like the shape of it... but at the same time it reminds of a spaceship from classic sci-fi, like Babylon 5 or Doctor Who, just something about it gives me a retro alien spaceship vibe... but I don't know if I like that feeling.

SSMB tell me if I should like this feeling....?

CVG has noted that PS Vita was announced at a similar event.

https://twitter.com/CVG_UK/status/297134265450254338

This is cool and all - but what happened to the strategy of letting Microsoft take the first move? tongue.png

They kind of did back on January 2nd with their mysterious E3 countdown with the words "And it's on...", words the woman who introduced the Xbox 360 at E3 2005 ended said introduction with before switching the console on. 

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/02/countdown-to-e3-2013/

I'm cool with a PS4 announcement.

But I really want that static electricity PS2 instead. This is just an announcement that all old PS2 models had their production stopped to make those beauties right there. MMM.

In the EU PS Blog comments Fred Dutton says we can watch this meeting thing live on the PS Blog.

Posted on 1 February, 2013 at 12:04 am by dark_angel69
OMG so excited!! Hope it really is next gen console. Will we be watching it live on the blog?

Posted on 1 February, 2013 at 12:05 am by Fred Dutton
Of course!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/31/see-the-future/#comment-342159

lV5Xjec.png

bildschirmfoto2013-02aykya.png

LT1p6u4.png

The Next Generation....

ron-paul.gif

P.S. This will be the funniest thing ever if instead of the PS4 they announce Wonderbook 2.

The next generation started with the Wii U, but this is the end of this generation IMO as that's 2 giants going to the next generation.

Anyways, I wouldn't be too hyped. Remember when they announced the PS3 and it's price and how much Sony loves to use extremely high-tech which raises the price dramatically?

Nevar forget :V

But I do wish the best for Sony and hope maybe, just maybe, the Vita has made them rethink about using super-high tech and just using 2-3 year old tech.....

Oh, who am I kidding, it'll support 4k and those TVs are going for $25,000

• Thumbs Up 1

Just added Feb 20th 2013 to my calendar. Less than a month to go. CAN'T WAIT! Don't know whether to scream or shout!

I'm excited and all... but somehow I don't expect this system to be less than $500. I can't afford that this year, especially if I'm going for a Vita. You'll just have to wait until late 2014 for me, Sony. 

But if Wonderbook 2 comes out for PS4 as a launch game then I'll be the first in line.

So my choices are for the next generation is awesome games on all three new consoles. That's great an all but I'll only be able to choose one! I want the new super smash and Zelda, but I also want to play halo 5, and there's also kingdom hearts 3 which will most definitely be on ps4...damn it!