Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

So, presumably 400 dollars if true, 450 possibly. That's not too bad, so I guess they either learned to not be so ridiculous with cramming crap into it, or they're betting on software sales for a LOOOONNNNGGG time.

If you're implying they're breaking the bank here with the PS4 design, now they don't have expensive custom chips nor exotic media drives with diode shortages - nor do they seem to have a controller that costs half as much as the console.

What they probably got are fantastic deals commissioning a lot of the parts to a desperate AMD. You're looking at a PS1/2 situation here, not PS3.

Oh gee, a Touch pad on a controller? Totally new and innovative! Clearly, Sony is the most inventive video game company rolleyes.gif

Other than that, $400 is actually a pretty good price IF that's true and I can see it compete with the Wii U.

Edited by PSI Freeze

PS4 will be bundled with next gen PS Eye, report claims
'Dual Camera' said to support head and hand tracking as game inputs
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390160/ps4-will-be-bundled-with-next-gen-ps-eye-report-claims/

I'm ok with this if it's optional. I'll probably just stick with the regular controller, though. I have a Kinect for my Xbox 360 and I haven't used it for ages. 

I can see it now, Gaikai will used for playing released PS3 PSN games on PS4. Could explain why digital releases on PSN are more expensive than physical all this time.

Pretty much every game released digitally on consoles for the "Big Three" have been more expensive than retail versions. It really doesn't have anything to do with Sony or future PS3 emulation specifically.

This is actually making me excited for what they have to offer at E3. especially if this upcoming announcement is the new console. Hopefully, it'll be in playable form. 

I'm assuming all of these leaks are true?

Edited by canderson

Consider me surprised if they actually show something big at this event. PS Meetings are primarily hardware and services, we'll be lucky if we get something beyond 2 teasers / tech demos plus a list of developers already working on games.

Most software announcements will be done on the way to and during E3.

More PS4 controller rumours emerge
'Remodelled shoulder buttons, front touchpad, Start and Select moved'
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390977/more-ps4-controller-rumours-emerge/

LIVE: Countdown to PlayStation 4
Full coverage in the lead-up to Sony's PlayStation Meeting in New York - Live video streamed here
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390731/live-blog/live-countdown-to-playstation-4/

Well, CVG sure seems confident that it's a PS4 reveal. Makes me wonder if press sites have actually been told it's a PS4 reveal.

Trust us; this isn't up for debate. CVG can guarantee that the next generation home PlayStation console will be announced in New York on Wednesday. Sources that have confirmed this are numerous, increasing by the day, all connected to Sony and absolutely trusted. It's happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently alot of sites are saying that this is a leaked pic of the prototype controller.

244985-ibb.jpg

I could have sworn I saw a mock-up just like this a few weeks back. But gathering from the rumors, I wouldn't be surprised if the final version comes out anything like this.

1d2kkl.jpg

The screen reminds me more of the Dreamcast VMU than the Wii U, which is nice. They need to make this controller 360 size though (if it isn't). The PS3 controller is so uncomfortable

• Thumbs Up 2

Sony patents an EyePad gaming tablet for use with a console
An extension of the EyePet, Wonderbook kinds of experience.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-15-sony-patents-an-eyepad-gaming-tablet-for-use-with-a-console

Dual Shock 4 leak "genuine"
Touchpad, loudspeaker and integrated Move functions revealed - plus our first look at the Orbis dev kit.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-orbis-dual-shock-4-leak-analysis

The Move has no games. There were no AAA games that made the gameplay better with the Move. That's why it failed hard.

I know that. That doesn't change what I said.

Anyway, I find it sort of funny that they say "Yoga Isn't Gaming, See What PlayStation's Got 2/20.“, as they basically created the forerunner with the Eyetoy.

Still, I always enjoy these types of campaigns.

The Wii's focus was on casual, exercise and sports games hence the Wiimote, Wii Sports and Wii Fit. The PS3's focus wasn't on EyeToy, it was optional along with the Move.

And now by the looks of it, the Move is now integrated on PS4 Dualshocks so everyone who has a PS4 can use the Move features, therefore developers can integrate Move in to their games or create games designed for Move without worrying much.

But...does that mean we'll see more yoga games on PlayStation now? -.-

I meant PS2's Eyetoy, actually. And I wasn't implying they were being hypocritical or anything, it just made laugh a bit. Though, I feel like there was a Yoga game on it.

And the built-in Move will hardly be used. Just like Sixaxis, which I'm sure most people forgot existed.