Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

I'm not assuming every PS3 title that would make it in the cloud, but the greatest blockbuster games would definitely make an appearance. Unless you are a person who loves cash-in games. And if you don't trust Sony, then why would you get a Sony console. =/

Well, then a PS3 and a PS4 is the only viable option then if somebody wants to play everything that Sony has to offer this gen and next.

Also, games that are not blockbusters do not automatically equate to cash-ins. The Yakuza titles, for example, get little love from SEGA West and are not considered blockbusters. So who knows if or when they'll ever be playable on PS4? The only way to play them without making guesses or assumptions is to buy a PS3. 

Really, I'm not quite getting what you're arguing against? It was just stated that lack of BC support is a minus for the console when it comes to consumers weighing the pluses and minuses. It's just a fact. I personally never said I hated Sony for it or anything, I was just pointing it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I say this because the PS3 had quite a few issues when it was launched, i.e. the console not working properly. 

Just like Jurassic Park!!!

Ming I think he means whole heartedly trust in Sony.wink.png

Yeah, but for this argument, I think we should trust Sony that great PS3 games would make it in the cloud. Otherwise what's the point of them purchasing Gaikai.

I was finally able to watch the conference and I do like what I seen here. Dem spec are nice, and I like the overall idea of the console: fast, interactive and connected. I'm also glad that they're keeping cross-play with the Vita, since I'm planning on getting one... eventually.  (It's more of a money thing for me than a "If I want it" thing at the moment.) I really want to see this baby in action, from the moment it's turned on to playing the game and using the system's interactive nature. But of course, we'll have to wait a little bit later on that. Possibly E3, I'd expect.

Yeah, the jump in graphics this time around wasn't as big as PS2-PS3, but me personally, I can't say that I give a rip about that. Like I said with the Wii U, I only want to see how developers take advantage of what the system can do. The tools are here, now make something awesome with it. Because I'll be frank, I was more amazed with the scope and art style of Killzone: Shadow Fall than anything. (More on that later.)

That being said, the games and demos shown. Knack and The Witness definitely caught my attention. Knack mostly because of the art style and the potential the gaming mechanics have. The Witness, because of the - well, yeah - the art style and I like puzzle game that do more to invite you into the game than just throw puzzles at you.

Mm's sculpting demonstration looked really good. I would really like to see this implemented in a more deeper LittleBigPlanet experience, and if not, in it's own game. If there was anything to convince me to at least try the Move, that would undoubtedly do it.

Now Killzone. As you can probably tell from my avatar, I do like the Killzone series. From what I saw, I almost found it hard to believe that this was a Killzone game, in no disrespect. Everything looked so bright, colorful and overall beautiful. The gameplay looks basic Killzone, besides the awesome chase scene. So I hope to see a little more than just that in a future showing.

Infamous: Second Son... I'm not much of an Infamous fan, mostly because I never played the games. And it wasn't because I never wanted to, but mostly because I have a backlog of games a mile long.

I've already decided to get Watch_Dogs on the Wii U, since it's the newest console I already own. Now if the PS4's price isn't too rich for my blood, that could change. In fact, like with all consoles, price is always my main concern since I can't pull franklins out of my ass. If I can get it, I will. If I can't afford it, I'll wait a bit longer. I only had my PS3 for a year, so I might just wait overall so I can enjoy that console a bit longer. Because if the PS4 really won't support backwards compatibility via disc, then it seem that I'll have to keep it around for my more obscure faves. Which sucks since, trading in the PS3 for the PS4 would have help me a lot. If anything, this really pushes me to wait on the PS4 until a later time.

Overall, I need a little bit more info before I decide. For me, it's a matter of when and how I'll get it and hopefully E3 will clear things up with that.

Edited by Colonel YoshiUnity
  • Thumbs Up 1

LAMFAO. Seriously that was piss funny. Thanks Carbo! happy.png

Yeah, but for this argument, I think we should trust Sony that great PS3 games would make it in the cloud. Otherwise what's the point of them purchasing Gaikai.

Well I am not going to trust them as much as you and its very early days yet to tell what they will do with Gaikai.  

Edited by BW199148

I did find it funny that the new thing is "show the controller first and system second... or don't show the system at all". If Xbox does it as well, I might just piss myself.

Also, games that are not blockbusters do not automatically equate to cash-ins. The Yakuza titles, for example, get little love from SEGA West and are not considered blockbusters. So who knows if or when they'll ever be playable on PS4? The only way to play them without making guesses or assumptions is to buy a PS3.

You got a point there.

Really, I'm not quite getting what you're arguing against? It was just stated that lack of BC support is a minus for the console when it comes to consumers weighing the pluses and minuses. It's just a fact. I personally never said I hated Sony for it or anything, I was just pointing it out.

Because BW/C has been brought up many times (this isn't the first time) and from what I'm picking from other sites is that this console will fail without the PS3's library of games. And I was beginning to feel that same vibe here. You guys are making it a huge deal then it needed to be.

It's Sony's fault that they went with the cell processor and for that reason, it's impossible for the PS4 to read PS3 games without a cell shoved in there.

BW said that they should make two versions. Like Wii U's Basic and Premium, with Premium having BW/C. If the premium package is $599 or something like that, hardly anyone would touch it. And Sony will lose money if no one's buying that package.

Edited by Ming Ming Shana

Read: games were being tailored for ~4GB. Expect upgrades.

dun dun dunnnnn

You know, considering the amount of background features Sony is having (power saving, download + playing, streaming etc), I'm not fully sold on how much is actually available for developers as of this moment. Wii U has 2GB of RAM with only roughly 1 locked away for background features, and even those features pale in comparison to what PS4 is going to allow.

I really don't think this unknown RAM increase is going to be that big of a deal. The increase was probably because of most background features and I have a feeling that developers like Guerilla probably already knew since they're first party.

live0618.jpg

Sumo Digital are making a PS4 game.

Also, after the conference a 'full list' of studios making PS4 games was handed to jurno's it's... quite massive.

Oh that's coo-

"SEGA, Dimps" Wha- no it can't be. No I wont let it happen!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh that's coo-

"SEGA, Dimps" Wha- no it can't be. No I wont let it happen!

I was just about to make that joke. 

• Thumbs Up 1

live0618.jpg

Sumo Digital are making a PS4 game.

Also, after the conference a 'full list' of studios making PS4 games was handed to jurno's it's... quite massive.

DIMPS are making a PS4 game?

Home_Alone_Boy1.jpg

Edit: Ninja'd twice.

Edited by -Bender-

*Sees picture of companies*

DIMPS!!!

Edit: NINJA'D

Edited by Eternal Xtreme

You know, considering the amount of background features Sony is having (power saving, download + playing, streaming etc), I'm not fully sold on how much is actually available for developers as of this moment. Wii U has 2GB of RAM with only roughly 1 locked away for background features, and even those features pale in comparison to what PS4 is going to allow.

I really don't think this unknown RAM increase is going to be that big of a deal. The increase was probably because of most background features and I have a feeling that developers like Guerilla probably already knew since they're first party.

More than they had when it was 4GB. Back then it was 0.5GB reserved for the initial OS footprint, though I concur with the surplus reserving a safe 2GB at launch is fairly reasonable. Gotta get all of the main features laid down this time for correct implementation, then reduce it via firmware updates.

Keep in mind they have also additional hardware parts specifically designed to handle some of these features, like separate chips for the power saving / suspend mode and background downloading or video encoding. They went with a really clever design this time, very focused. It'll be pretty optimized, especially in comparison to PS3.

Hellooooo Platinum ~~

...Have Dimps made anything other than Sonic 4 Episode 2?

The handheld Sonic games, Street Fighter IV, some One Piece game, and the Dragon Ball Z Budokai series. There are more but, I'm too lazy to look them all up. They're like TOSE, they their fingers in a lot of pies as an assistant.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

I sorta meant, since S4 E2?

I doubt it is a new Sonic game, but just thought it was odd how Dimps were on the list, yet they're usually port makers?

I sorta meant, since S4 E2?

I doubt it is a new Sonic game, but just thought it was odd how Dimps were on the list, yet they're usually port makers?

Probably Sonic the Street Fighter Budokai Episode I. 

It could be a new Yoshinori Ono directed fighter. They've helped with all the recent Street Fighter games because, they are in fact comprised of original Street Fighter developers.

So something I've been wondering.

Media Mollecules presentation got me thinking. They showed a Move game right? But... there was no indication at all that there would be a 'Move 2' it certainly looked like the old move controller.

So... PS3 pads might work on PS4's?

Playing games wise, right now the only difference between a pad is the touch screen and the share button. There are going to be games where you'll need a PS4 pad, though how many won't be seen for a while.

Possabilities?

P.S.

Do we know yet if the console is region free?

So something I've been wondering.   Media Mollecules presentation got me thinking. They showed a Move game right? But... there was no indication at all that there would be a 'Move 2' it certainly looked like the old move controller.   So... PS3 pads might work on PS4's?   Playing games wise, right now the only difference between a pad is the touch screen and the share button. There are going to be games where you'll need a PS4 pad, though how many won't be seen for a while.   Possabilities? P.S.   Do we know yet if the console is region free?
PS3 pads working on the PS4 would be a huge moneysaver. Unless most games use the touchpad, and assuming the console has 1 (not more) controller included, I'd have 3, which is pretty cool. I'm not sure if it's region-free, but I'd assume so based on Sony's track record.