Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

So... my thoughts on the conference again since we skipped like 2 pages in 2 seconds.

The start, when they were showing off the features of it. Like the play as you download, live streaming, take over a friends console and help them, invite into games directly, the share function.

This sounds fucking awesome! I really like this, I also like the idea of opening up my console so people can view as I play... just hope I can turn off the 'comments' option.

Try before you buy on everything (about bloody time!).

Controller looks like a Cylon. And Cylons are awesome.

Killzone: Shadow of a Hedgehog looks... good, really good in fact, but... I'm just not sure I care enough about KillZone as a series to care.

DriveClub sounds... .. ... I'll stick to the bike.

That Knack game looks great, has the potential to be a long series thing.

Infamous (not) 3: Don't care. Sorry but I don't. Just don't care. I'm sure it'll be a lovely game for many people but... not for me.

Square Enix.... why did you even turn up?

Ubisoft. I still don't think Watch Dogs is as good as you and everyone else wants me to think it is.

Diablo 3... yay for? 3's?

Media Mollecules Move Masterpiece: SSMB... tell me if I'm supposed to love or hate this game?

Overall...

Had the conference stopped at the online features part or even after Killzone Shadowman, I would have probably been tempted to slap down a day 1 order... and I have NEVER done that for any system or piece of technology, I was that impressed with the online stuff... and I can't wait to take over Carbo's console and look at his pervy pics collection =p

Then they let the developers on and... yes it's great that you're making games and showing us what you can do but please can you be more exciting at E3...

And in the case of Bungie, will you actually show us something instead of having 4 guys standing on stage and having only 1 talk about how amazing 10 years is going to be?

Not showing the console was a huge mistake.

But still... if I think back to the start of the conference... that does sound pretty amazing.

P.S. Sega... you now have permission to announce Sonic Adventure 4: Bigs Wrath.

the point of bungie is to troll microsoft and every guy that thought it was gonna be a durango timed exclusive i guess

sort of like the ffxiii betrayalton

255967_scr2_a.png

255967_scr3_a.png

255967_scr4_a.png

Now pay attention SSMB.

255967_scr5_a.png

He has a section called 'video history' with some images there.

He has a section called 'video history' with some images there.

That probably has the footage of when the PS4 took his virginity.

• Thumbs Up 1

That probably has the footage of when the PS4 took his virginity.

If I enlarge the images I see a woman, and a pit of fire and brimstone... .. ... ... .Wheres that Game Pre-Order link?

Looks cool, but I need more.

This felt premature - like it existed solely to get the jump on Microsoft. Probably a smart move. They showed off more games than I thought and less hardware than I thought. They told us about the hardware in relative depth (enough for a leyman to understand, little more).

This all hinges on E3

Because of the potential the PS4, I am sold. There will be titles like LittleBigPlanet that will use the PS4's features to make the experience unique. And there will be a Sonic title for the PS4, especially when the console is releasing this holiday season.

The only thing I am worried about is the price. That's all. I hope it's not $599 or even $499.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know how Sony were taking e-mail addresses for the PS Meeting, saying "Be the first to know?" I've received just one e-mail and it was about the stream going live. It was sent 8 minutes into the conference.

• Thumbs Up 3

I really hope Sony sticks to the Remote Play feature this time. Remote Play on PS3 failed IMO, because there are hardly any games that support Remote Play. If every PS4 game supports Remote Play, it makes my Vita very more useful.

I'm pretty sold on it too (will get one /eventually/, I think the features really make the thing, and though it's impressive and sounds expensive as hell, it sounds like an extremely comfortable and seamless gaming environment. There wasn't much in the way of games I was interested in.. besides maybe Knack and Infamous, but I'm expecting that to change over the months. The pretty indie game would work better on the WiiU, the music is lovely but the gameplay looks a bit tedious.

But lmao Square-Enix, their entire showing was laughable; their industry presence has diminished significantly in the last gen because all they can do is churn out tech-demos and games with Lightning in.

Ok but yeah overall if the PS4 keeps it up I can't see a reason to own a NextBox (unless the thing surprises me)

Really good stuff, just would love some Vita games please.

Also lack of backwards-compatibility? Why. I love my PS3 games..........

Oh and as for the video sharing and friend-spying thing; is anyone else a bit concerned about all the privacy invasion going on? I'm sure it's customisable, but knowing that so much of my personal information, media, and game-time will be broadcast is a bit unnerving? As cool as the tech sounds.

Edited by SuperLink

I'm sold on it.

I honestly think what was shown today was great. Gave me a good taste of what's just rushing out the gate, and hearing the tech and whatnot means I got even more insane stuff to look forward to. Not sure if I'll be a day-one adopter, but I'll be getting my greedy hands on it asap I think.

Killzone was impressive, but not a series I've been following. Kinda curious to maybe check it out, but I have a feeling I won't lawl. The games that really did catch me where Media Molecules crazy ass sculpting thing, that new Capcom game, Knack, and the game the dude from Braid made that's slipping my mind for some reason.

The sharing abilities are fantastic. I honestly get 0 use out of my friends list at the moment, so I'm thinking this might be a fun chance to break away from that. Popping in on their games or vise versa sounds pretty fun. Couldn't be more excited to finally have game updates happen behind the scenes, and the ability to go try a game instantaneously from the store is awesome. Just give me the feature to have multiple accounts signed in for different local multiplayer and I'm totally sold on what they're doing for a hub basis.

I'm also kind of a fan of the controller. It's not too different than what I'm used to, but offers some fun new stuffs to make it more interesting. While I would've liked to see the console itself, I hardly mind since I guess it gives me a reason to care about the PS4 this E3.

Might've come off as a fanboy, but I'm pretty impressed and excited personally.

This basically sums up my thoughts perfectly, yeah.

At the risk of sounding like a fanboy (not that I really care, I've been playing Playstation since I was 4), I can definitely say that this was certainly a much more exciting reveal than the Wii U's for me. I found myself saying "Oh wow, that's really cool" much more often than "oh, glad they've finally caught up", which is a good sign.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seriously, why was Square Enix even at the conference? They didn't show anything new, in addition to basically making an announcement of an announcement. Was the seven-or-so minutes really necessary?

• Thumbs Up 2

Twitter has reminded me that we didn't see The Last Guardian again lol!

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope Sony sticks to the Remote Play feature this time. Remote Play on PS3 failed IMO, because there are hardly any games that support Remote Play. If every PS4 game supports Remote Play, it makes my Vita very more useful.

This time all of the APIs are integrated into the software and the hardware accounts for it. Should be an universal, standard neat addition.

This time all of the APIs are integrated into the software and the hardware accounts for it. Should be an universal, standard neat addition.

And then they'll map the left and right triggers to the rear touch pad.

Hahahahaha.

And then they'll map the left and right triggers to the rear touch pad.

Hahahahaha.

Won't need those to grind 24/7 on Disgaea 5.

GAME's posted about pre-orders on Facebook.

Wishlist up your Playstation 4 now - pre-orderable in stores later today (when people wake up!), and we're working on it online..

http://www.game.co.uk/en/console-209744?pageSize=20&searchTerm=255967
21792_10151465854273128_1249239343_n.png

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151465854273128&set=a.158201753127.118675.52075163127&type=1

Okay, what's the point of preordering something that hasn't even revealed its final price yet?

Headset included in the box too, apparently.

..That could be disastrous, as I'm pretty sure that's the reason 360's "mic playerbase" ended up as incorrigibly loud and violent as it is.
  • Thumbs Up 3