Awoo.

PlayStation 4 Discussion

Detective Shadzter

Pretty decent conference, although it's no where a Day 1 buy for me. Nothing really caught my attention except Watch Dogs, but it's fine. That's what E3 is for.

Edited by canderson

So Sony did some things wrong that Nintendo did wrong at their reveal.

All in all, not a very good reveal, but hey, since when have recent reveals been any good?

Not writing off the system yet though, I'll wait until later in the year when more info is hopefully revealed.

And now I am tired and a bit pissed off that they showed everything but the console itself and I still had more questions than answers.

Anyway good night!

ibb9qPKmRRlkSd.gif

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty hyped. Just would have liked to have seen the console. I wasn't expecting a price and date until E3 anyway. Hopefully Holiday 2013 will include Europe and we don't have to wait like we did with the PS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't expect a price but it would be nice to at least see the console itself. Overall, I'm not really interested in the games they showed. Let's hope that they actually show something interesting at E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally sold on PS4. It's a shame that the conference just kind of sputtered to an ending, but it was still really good overall. Killzone, DriveClub, Destiny, and Watch_Dogs all looked really cool. Definitely beats most E3 conferences.

• Thumbs Up 2

Depends on your perspective, I guess. I'm pretty impressed. I want one. 

The features are good I guess, but I was kind of expecting a console reveal.

Of course they're not going to announce the price. There's no way this console is going to be priced reasonably with that GDDR5.

GDDR5? My old graphics card had GDDR5 and it wasn't that expensive ($125?).

Edited by Frogging101

They've got to save something for E3, right? Console, price, a firm date, lots of gameplay from the likely launch line-up...

It really looks like a fucking monster hardware wise. They've probably not carved enough vents on the chassis to finalize it.

I really, really hope it's ~$400, would buy Day 1 at that price. No questions asked.

also so much for the "guise it will be close to wiiu" argument, lol

• Thumbs Up 7

The PS4... eh, I'm still not totally convinced yet. In fact, I'm rather worried about its inevitable price; with the GDDR5 memory, it'll probably cost an arm and a leg.

Not impressed with anything other than the potential of the console itself right now. I expect it to cost one of my hands, though.

That was pretty cool. I'm not sold on the console just yet, though. I'm going to have to wait until E3 and more games are shown off. But it certainly might give the Wii U a run for its money. This is going to be a brutal holiday season.

I don't know. I was impressed and i thought overall it was a great conference. Some neat announcements, footage and the ps4 has sime really damn cool features. Definitely sold on the ps4.

I'm not sold on the PS4, I'm afraid. Hopefully they'll show something interesting in E3. Most of the games shown were very generic. Overall, I don't think I'll be getting one, although it may be a bit to early to decide.

Also, what the fuck does the actual console even look like. How did they miss showing what the freaking console looks like. All they showed is the controller and some games, plus a rather ugly looking interface.

No, PS4 doesn't really gel with me. :(

I'm interested, but I will wait and see.

Seems like this conference was held simply to punch Microsoft in the face. Probably a bit too early, but they'll have more to show at E3. 

I mentioned it before but a lot of third parties can now start announcing next gen games. Or next gen versions of upcoming games.

I'm looking at you From Software

I saw that fucking logo on the dev support list

You know what to do

• Thumbs Up 2