Awoo.

The Gaming Rumors Thread: Nintendo BG&E2? Resi 7? Prey 2... again!?

Patticus

Not a huge fan of Call of Duty. I don't really hate it either, it's just kind of "there" for me. In any case, the idea of Ghosts is..relatively interesting, much more than the overdone zombie idea, anyways. I also like the mechanic of peeking around corners and the dynamic loading screens.

If this comes out and it seems interesting, I might rent it or play it at a friend's house. Otherwise, I'm not really focusing on this title.

Future setting with current Tech best weapons sounds kinda boring. Black Ops II used some current weapons as well as fictional future tech weapons. Sounds too much like Black Ops II.

Given me a Call Of Duty when the single player is based on the back story of Captain Price there is tons of stuff they could do with that.

I'll wait for the reveal trailer with explosions and epic dialogue. wink.png

Edited by BW199148

This was in pretty much every CoD game pre MW2 on the PC.  

And most PC shooters since Deus Ex and Thief.

The nickname for COD MW4 is a very funny and I can't wait for the Call of Duty series to fail badly.

Why because its popular? rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh look, another developer calling the Wii U not next gen. Why am I not surprised if this turns out to be true rolleyes.gif

Given me a Call Of Duty when the single player is based on the back story of Captain Price there is tons of stuff they could do with that.

If it has more of Captain MacMillan then I'll gladly accept it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am an ex COD player and have played most games in the series starting from COD 2 to COD Black Ops, but it is unrealistic and the player themselves have the powers of the Greek gods based on Greek mythology. Have you ever bled briefly from a papercut on one of your fingers and put a bandage on to stop the bleeding? Now that is real life where average normal humans don't have the bullshit powers of Greek gods. The so called COD players will most likely shit themselves if they were in a warzone fighting against real life enemy combatants. I reccommend watching Ultimate Combat on the military channel which the tv show explains the first hand accounts of actual battles recorded in the history books.

Edited by Alpha13

I've got a better idea. During the Battle of Gettysburg, a confederate artillery shell tore off the right leg of Union Army General Sickles's right leg and his right leg is gone for good, which means he can only walk with his left leg. Now how do you feel if you lost your right leg to an artillery shell fragments and you have to walk for the rest of your life with your left leg?  This is one reason why the Call of Duty game series really need to fail badly.

I've got a better idea. During the Battle of Gettysburg, a confederate artillery shell tore off the right leg of Union Army General Sickles's right leg and his right leg is gone for good, which means he can only walk with his left leg. Now how do you feel if you lost your right leg to an artillery shell fragments and you have to walk for the rest of your life with your left leg?  This is one reason why the Call of Duty game series really need to fail badly.

That was the American civil war this a video game. If it was too realistic you re-spawn every minute the game has to have mechanics even then you do die often. Have you played the games on higher difficulties? Have you played World at War that was quite realistic when it came to graphic deaths.

Other shooters have similar mechanics so I don't see what the big deal is? Why does it need to fail badly because of this? To me your argument may as well include all other FPS shooters that use regenerating health. huh.png

Also I read that you play other Military shooters some of them have regenerating health.

Also please make your arguments a bit more simpler to understand I had a hard time figuring out what you were going on about.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

That was the American civil war this a video game. If it was too realistic you re-spawn every minute the game has to have mechanics even then you do die often. Have you played the games on higher difficulties? Have played World at War that was quite realistic when it came to graphic deaths.

Other shooters have similar mechanics so I don't see what the big deal is? Why does to need fail bad because of this because to me your argument may as well include all other FPS shooters that use regenerating health. huh.png

Also I read that you play other Military shooters some of them have regenerating health.

Also please make your arguments a bit more simpler to understand I had a hard time figuring out what you were going on about.

Another reason why I don't want COD to succeed is because a few idiots tried to shit on tactical shooter games by posting on one of Danhibikifan's youtube videos. Also,I believe that the COD series is indirectly responsible for the death of the Ghost Recon series, Battlefield series, Rainbow Six series, SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals series, and a few others as well.

Edited by Alpha13

Well, I've said what I wanted to express and I think it is sufficient for the response. Other than this, have a nice day everyone.

I am an ex COD player and have played most games in the series starting from COD 2 to COD Black Ops, but it is unrealistic and the player themselves have the powers of the Greek gods based on Greek mythology. Have you ever bled briefly from a papercut on one of your fingers and put a bandage on to stop the bleeding? Now that is real life where average normal humans don't have the bullshit powers of Greek gods. The so called COD players will most likely shit themselves if they were in a warzone fighting against real life enemy combatants. I reccommend watching Ultimate Combat on the military channel which the tv show explains the first hand accounts of actual battles recorded in the history books.

So, to criticize CoD, you choose to single it out for how it makes players feel invincible...even though literally every other shooter, first person or third, with the sole exception of ArmA or Operation Flashpoint, has this to some degree?

Another reason why I don't want COD to succeed is because a few idiots tried to shit on tactical shooter games by posting on one of Danhibikifan's youtube videos. Also,I believe that the COD series is indirectly responsible for the death of the Ghost Recon series, Battlefield series, Rainbow Six series, SOCOM U.S. Navy Seals series, and a few others as well.

WAAAH! Some fanboys on YouTube hated on another series I like! Therefore their favorite series must DIE! WAAAH!

Edited by Exploder

So, to criticize CoD, you choose to single it out for how it makes players feel invincible...even though literally every other shooter, first person or third, with the sole exception of ArmA or Operation Flashpoint, has this to some degree?

WAAAH! Some fanboys on YouTube hated on another series I like! Therefore their favorite series must DIE! WAAAH!

Have you ever played Call of Duty for five years to realize it's shit repeating itself? of course not.  I'd rather play a thinking game instead of a simple piece of shit such as Call of Duty. What I intended to express is how much I dislike the game series and I wasn't trying to convert anyone else to be against it. If you love to fuck on COD, then continue to do so and I'm not stopping you.

Alpha, you've got a condescending, insulting attitude towards CoD players and those who see merit in the series, and it's not conducive to proper discussion much less even wanted. Knock it off. That also goes for everyone else posting stuff like this:

Make arguments and rebuttals; don't act like children.

Also, Alpha, there is no reason to double-post. If you want to add some more thoughts to your argument after the fact, just edit your previous post by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom.

• Thumbs Up 2

Say Whaaaaaaaat?

Rumor: Rocksteady developing Batman Silver Age game

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056432

Rocksteady Studios’ next project is a Batman game based on the Silver Age of DC’s coming books from the 1950′s, when Batman first met Joker, and teamed up with heroes such as Superman in founding the Justice League of America, according to a Variety source.

The London-based game developer is known for creating hit Batman titles Batman: Arkham Asylum and its sequel Arkham City.

The game will launch in 2014, “at the earliest,” according to the report.

Batman: Arkham Origins on PS4 and Xbox 720 this year? [RUMOR]

Batman: Arkham City Sequel \ Prequel (Batman Arkham 3) News Video

Batman: Arkham Origins on PS4 and Xbox 720 this year?

According to the French site Gameblog.fr (http://www.gameblog.fr/news/34714-bat...), the next game in the Batman Arkham franchise will be "Batman: Arkham Origins".

A "trusted" source told Gameblog that Arkham Origins is developed by Rocksteady Studios and it will be revealed at this year's E3 which will be held from June 11 to June 13.

The game is said to launch this year on PlayStation 4 and the new Xbox.

This new rumor contradicts all previous speculation about a Batman Arkham game developed by WB Games Montreal to be released on the current generation of consoles (PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360), or maybe this means there will be two Arkham games developed by two different studios.

In other news, the fansite Arkhamverse.com reports that the composer Christopher Drake may be scoring the next Batman Arkham game, replacing Nick Arundel.

Drake mentioned on Kevin Smith's "Fat Man on Batman" podcast that he's working on a new video game that hadn't yet been announced and that is "quite relevant to this show".

Christopher Drake's recent works include DC Animated features like "Batman: Under the Red Hood", "Batman: Year One", "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" and the upcoming video game "Injustice: Gods Among Us".

As always, remember that none of these rumors have been confirmed by Warner Bros., Rocksteady or WB Games Montreal, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Thanks to jifw52 for bringing this news to my attention.

Do you... believe?

A0tLDMS.png

Mark Cerny is one of the lead guys behind the Playstation 4. Photo was taken at the Games Developers Conference yesterday.

To put this into perspective a little. At the start of the year Yu Suzuki said he could get the license from Sega to do Shenmue 3... and at the start of March he talked about funding Shenmue 3 by a kickstarter in either a game or Manga.

• Thumbs Up 3

So wait. This topic within a week went from bashing COD......Batman Arkham rumors......Shenmue 3. 

Man. This is better than the gossip I hear about people at work. Time for me to plop a seat, grab some popcorn and get ready for one hell of an E3. 

COD wise, I'm no fan of the series. It's well known on SSMB that I despise the series with a passion. But even the idea of ghosts sparks a thought in my head. Sure their money whoring annual game release (ACTIVISION!!!!) plot is lame but it works. Also I would not go as far to say that the COD series killed off many other shooters. Battlefield is still going strong. And I know many COD players that left the series just to get into BF3. Same goes for Halo players too. Battlefield 3 is just that damn good. Ghost recon. Eh. That series while has some good ideas, just isn't pushing itself. When I bought the GR future soldier. I was expecting a kickass shooter with active cloak and blah blah.  While I got the game, I got cloak but it was not as good as I wanted it to be. It's not that COD is destroying other series with their annual releases, it's that companies aren't pushing themselves and taking the easy route like activision does with COD. Rainbow six is a fantastic shooter, and while we have not had a game in forever. We know they are working on one. As for Socom....they. Yeah. What fans? Sure if Sony announced another Socom game, people would go wild. But for how long? How strong would the sales of that game be with powerhouses like GOW, Halo, BF & COD? Now if you want to fight fire with fire. Gears of War along with BF and Halo are shutting down the shooters. All 3 games have their reliable fans. And each company (even DICE) support their fans feedback. Each series makes shitloads of money and always wins again the random game they are released against. Except BF3 vs CODMW3. And BO2 and H4. Also COD is easy to pick-up. That where many (non) gamers get addicted. Where as halo or BF aren't. Where COD is an arcadey like shooter, the others aren't. I'm stopping. This could go on for days with me.

On the Arkham game rumor. This is something I can't wait to see. If it is shown at E3, it better blow my mind, pants and socks off. Back in 09, Arkham Asylum was amazing. In 2011, Arkham City nearly won game of the year, losing to a game that some still question. So by default, the expectation for this next game is extremely high. You thought MGS or Halo had high expectations to meet. I honestly think the next Arkham game surpasses most games of the past. Including Smash bros and Zelda. 

Now finally this shenmue twitter thing. Suzuki could easily fund the next game. The one game most Dreamcast players would enjoy more than anything. If he did, how would that turn out? Would it...the game end up being another Duke Nukem forever (that intro is still badass). Or would it end up being a legendary game. I've not touched the series but if what I keep hearing is correct. It may be safer to leave it be. Sure that game alone could really help Sega out a lot. Then again, would it sell? Shenmue may have an underground group of fans. But would that be enough to make money for the game/series/company? Especially when it would have to face with the random power house game of the year it releases with. (Probably another COD game)

• Thumbs Up 1

so, here's he latest in the shemnue 3 rumor:

"Brendon Sheffield of Necrosoft Games tweets about the latest Yu Suzuki rumor. "For those wondering, yes, yu suzuki did say at a party that he wants to reboot shenmue 3. He is trying to find a way."https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/318080934714937345L "

hopefully that links works. my phone is crap for this stuff. you can go to the 'shenmue' facebook page for a snapshot of the twitter discussion.

basically, suzuki wants to make it and is trying to find a way. personally i dont thibk there is enough money involved to get a green light. especially considering that square enix thinks tomb raider is a fail at 3.4 million units...

• Thumbs Up 1

so, here's he latest in the shemnue 3 rumor:

"Brendon Sheffield of Necrosoft Games tweets about the latest Yu Suzuki rumor. "For those wondering, yes, yu suzuki did say at a party that he wants to reboot shenmue 3. He is trying to find a way."https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/318080934714937345L "

hopefully that links works. my phone is crap for this stuff. you can go to the 'shenmue' facebook page for a snapshot of the twitter discussion.

basically, suzuki wants to make it and is trying to find a way. personally i dont thibk there is enough money involved to get a green light. especially considering that square enix thinks tomb raider is a fail at 3.4 million units...

I could see how Square enix thinks it's a fail. They are comparing their sales to mega powerhouses like Halo and COD. But if you look at Tomb Raider 2013 and compare it to Sonic Generations. I believe Tomb Raider surpassed Generations with ease in the short time it was out. And for the oddest reason i think it also passed up MGR and DmC. 

• 4 weeks later...

Rumor: Final Fantasy Versus XIII coming to PS3 and PS4

Final Fantasy Versus XIII, oft-rumored to have made the jump from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4 (and with a Final Fantasy XV name change, at that), will be available on both platforms, according to a Gameblog.fr source “close to Square Enix.”

According to the site, the shift occurred in 2011, and Sony assisted with the money aspect of the PlayStation 4 port, which echoes a previous rumor.

“Our source confirmed that Sony reportedly helped the transition, financially, with the PS4 port,” said the site. “The price for such exclusivity? Difficult to judge.”

Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura recently said the date to reveal new information on the game has been set. It was last shown in January 2011.

Square Enix will discuss the game at this year’s E3, according to the rumor, where the publisher has already said it will unveil a new Final Fantasy for PlayStation 4.

Thanks, NeoGAF.

Respawn Entertainment's Debut to be 360 & Next Xbox Exclusive?

The long-awaited first game from Respawn Entertainment—the studio helmed by the creators of Call of Duty—will be exclusive to the next-gen Xbox, according to two unrelated sources familiar with the game. One of our sources indicates that there will also be an Xbox 360 version, but no versions for rival PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.

Oh, you didn't think the console wars were over, did you?

The new game from Respawn is a futuristic multiplayer-centric online shooter, one of our sources says. The source describes the game as a battle of Davids and Goliaths. The Davids are heavily-armed foot soldiers. The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons—Titans—that these soldiers can pilot. These Titans are big mech-style walkers that move with an agility not seen in games like Mechwarrior or Steel Battalions.

While the details of the game came to us from one source—a source who is in a good position to know what the deal is with Respawn's game—their assertion that the game is destined only for Microsoft console hardware was consistent with information another source gave us earlier this month. That other source had also told us that Respawn's game would only be for the Xbox brand. It is possible that the game could be a timed exclusive, but neither source indicated that was the case.

An Xbox-only Respawn game would be a coup for Microsoft and a fascinating twist to a number of significant sagas. It has implications for publisher EA's rivalry with Call of Duty publisher Activision; for Microsoft's competition with Sony and, less directly with Nintendo; as well as for the ongoing debate about always-online gaming. Two sources have told us that this new game is, in fact, always-online.

http://kotaku.com/the-next-gen-xbox-is-getting-a-hell-of-an-exclusive-so-484785241

An exclusive shooter from the makers of some of the very best CoD games is a great bit of business for MS, if this is true. It might be a good title to alternate with the ongoing Halo series as well.

Rumor: Sonic Excursion, for PS3/360/WiiU/PS4/XI/PC/3DS, November 2013 Release

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2244.msg53963#msg53963

This past weekend I was able to watch a couple
of demonstrations on Sonic Team's upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog game, currently
titled "Sonic Excursion." In all they had two levels to show off which all four
of the playable characters the story will focus on were able to play through,
but do not worry as they all play similarly to Sonic with minor differences,
probably to keep up the pacing of the game as that's been an issue with multiple
characters in the past.

The demonstration started with the demo's title
screen which was accompanied with a song by Ted Poley about exploring together
(no hidden innuendos, perverts). The title of the game itself isn't set in
stone, but the current one looked similar to Sonic Unleashed's Japanese "Sonic
World Adventure" logo. From the title screen, it goes directly to a black screen
where you can select between Sonic or Tails using a ball made of falling
sparkles, and we were informed that the game starts with both characters
unlocked. Every level in the game will be playable with every character, and for
almost every level you will be able to select which character you play as before
it begins if the story has them currently in your "party."

They selected Sonic and the screen's graphics
either re-arranged themselves or left the screen to be replaced by others until
it resulted in a zone title screen similar to the ones in Sonic The Hedgehog 3.
The first level is called "Shattered Heights" and is similar to the Sonic
Generations incarnation of Speed Highway. Very New York themed. We were told the
level was five minutes long, but they spent about fifteen minutes showing us
parts of the stage's design, focusing on the lighting and shadows and how
lighting was one of the main focuses for this game's design. Shattered Heights,
for example, started at dawn and by the level's end the entire stage's lighting
had changed to more reflect the mid afternoon. Most of the level consists of
Sonic and Tails actually breaking through the windows of buildings several
stories high and running through apartment hallways, office buildings, and hotel
suites with Pixar-like humans gasping and shouting in surprise.

Sonic and
Tails communicate throughout the level with each other similarly to the
conversations in Sonic Heroes, both commenting on their surroundings and giving
you advice on how to play the game. They would often stop at areas in the level
to tell us how if we were playing as Tails instead of Sonic, we would be able to
fly and reach different paths that Sonic could not access, but most alternate
paths were entirely optional and not forced like they were in Sonic Adventure or
Sonic The Hedgehog for the Xbox 360. They really wanted to make a Sonic
Generations title that played more similarly to the Genesis titles where
different characters could play the same levels with the only difference being
their personal abilities.

After the first level was completed by reaching
a goal ring located on top of a large and beautiful fountain in the middle of a
park (Sonic and Tails were automatically flung at it from the last building,
similarly to the goal ring at the end of City Escape), there was a cut scene
that introduced Dr. Eggman and Knuckles. Dr. Eggman was piloting some gigantic
drill vehicle that drove itself out of the ground with Knuckles jumping out of
the crater shortly behind it. The two of them squabble while Sonic and Tails
watch, looking annoyed/bored by the two of them until Knuckles notices them and
yells at them to help, bringing attention to a ridiculously heavy looking golden
necklace Dr. Eggman is holding. Alerted to their presence, Dr. Eggman ejects his
Egg-O-Matic from the drill vehicle and flies away, leaving Knuckles to explain
the game's story so far to Sonic and Tails. Sonic offers to let Knuckles join
him and Tails, but he declines and runs off, saying he'll leave Dr. Eggman to
them as he needs to "go back and check something."

They then switched us
over to the second demonstration, where we were told that later in the game when
we unlocked Knuckles in our "party," we would also have the option of going back
and playing his side of the story. This demonstration went from the same title
screen as the first to a new character select screen, more similar to Sonic
Adventure's. Sonic and Tails were the default characters for the main story mode
with Knuckles behind them in a silhouette of Amy, then Sonic was selectable by
himself, then Tails by himself, then Knuckles with a silhouette of Amy again as
the next selectable character in the rotation. After selecting Knuckles a level
select menu came up, all options blacked out except for his first level, "Lunar
Caverns."

They selected the first level, leading the game
to load into another familiar zone title screen with Knuckles standing at the
beginning of the level. This stage was beautiful. The ground was a nice
chocolate brown with purple and white crystal walls which refracted light
everywhere, which we later saw was being illuminated by a half moon glowing
through cracks in the cavern's ceiling. The level was very similar to a roller
coaster with the way it dipped up and down, extremely hilly but smooth.
Knuckles, as promised, plays pretty much identically to Sonic in Sonic Colors
and Sonic Generations with very few differences. Knuckles even has a boost
meter, which fills as enemies are destroyed, rings are collected, and moves are
performed which he uses to run fast, just like Sonic. Instead of the ground
pound/stomp attack, Knuckles drills downward like he does in Sonic Adventure 2.
Instead of sliding under tight spaces, Knuckles can dive through the ground and
back up through it like a dolphin through water. Instead of the homing attack,
Knuckles will glide with his fists forward, gradually losing altitude until he
either lands or connects with a climbable wall. We were told that Knuckles could
climb almost any vertical surface, but there would be some surfaces he would not
be able to climb, such as ones made out of metal, but those surfaces would only
be in specific areas and would be infrequent, leaving Knuckles to be able to
climb almost anything anywhere.

At the end of the level, Knuckles comes across
an underground temple, which is where he discovers murals about the necklace we
saw Dr. Eggman with earlier in Sonic and Tails' story, shortly before Dr. Eggman
himself strolls into the place, unaware of Knuckles being there. Knuckles
follows him until Dr. Eggman finds the necklace and takes it, when Knuckles
exposes himself by clumsily causes a brick he's leaning against to fall and make
his presence known. Dr. Eggman tries to convince him to let him pass, but
Knuckles tells him that he's no longer falling for his tricks and he isn't going
anywhere. Dr. Eggman distracts Knuckles by looking aside and saying, "Sonic?
You're here too?" and then runs past, able to climb aboard his giant drill
vehicle just before Knuckles catches up.

What proceeds is a running boss
fight, similar to the ones in Sonic Unleashed and the final boss of Sonic
Colors, where you play as Knuckles chasing Dr. Eggman in his drill vehicle
through a never ending tunnel that it is creating as it goes. We were told that
there were a few different strategies that could be used to damage the boss, but
they focused on collecting enough rings to use the boost to catch up to the back
of the drill vehicle, then using Knuckles' unique ground diving move to dive
underground and then come up underneath the vehicle, effectively making Knuckles
punch its weak underbelly. We were told the cockpit and large tires were also
attackable, and each weak point had different defenses that you would have to
watch out for or risk hurting yourself trying to hit them.

After the boss fight, pretty much the same cut
scene from before where Dr. Eggman and Knuckles exited the tunnel that the drill
vehicle created in the park with Sonic and Tails watching, except the beginning
and end of the scene which focused on Knuckles instead of Sonic and
Tails.

After this demonstration was complete, we watched a powerpoint
presentation with screenshots from the game. We were told how the story would
focus on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, and Dr. Eggman with a couple of
appearances throughout the game, but those appearances would have less
importance to the plot than Amy Rose's role in Sonic Unleashed. For example, Amy
Rose's story once you unlocked it would begin at Cream's house, where we see
Cream, Vanilla, Gemerl, two Chao, and some Flickies. Outside of that scene, none
of those characters make an appearance outside of one more scene with Cream in
it. Emblems will be making a return, and will be earned in various ways with ten
emblems per level. They can be earned for completing levels with each character,
getting an S rank with all four characters, collecting all red rings with any
character, and completing side missions for the level.

Collecting emblems will unlock additional
"partners" of characters for bonus missions for the levels. These partners will
not be part of the main story, but will have their own little side stories and
are not required for completing the game. Two examples we were given were Shadow
and Rouge as on pair and Silver and Blaze as another pair, but we were told that
they are planning to have others. These pairings will not have any story
elements to them outside of the conversations they have during the levels, and
you decide which of the two characters you want to play as while the other tags
along, ala Sonic and Tails.

There will be no Chao Garden, before anyone
asks. The two Chao at Cream's home are the only two in the entire game as far as
I was made aware.

Release date: November 2013

Platforms:
PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox
Infinite.
"All seven versions will be the same, except the PC, PS4, and XI
versions will have higher resolutions and the 3DS version will be made by a
different team. Do not worry, it is not going to be Dimps. Sega has ended their
relationship with them."

Wentos is a SoJ leak that browses 4chan's
/v/ from time to time and leaks info bits on Sonic games. He has leaked every
Sonic game since Unleashed several months before ANNOUNCEMENT.

This leak
is by Wintos. Though the name is different, his tripcode ( !!Vp9lMh6KQfP)
matches one he has used before.

1367358441204.jpg

Rumor: Sonic Excursion, for PS3/360/WiiU/PS4/XI/PC/3DS, November 2013 Release

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2244.msg53963#msg53963

This past weekend I was able to watch a couple

of demonstrations on Sonic Team's upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog game, currently

titled "Sonic Excursion." In all they had two levels to show off which all four

of the playable characters the story will focus on were able to play through,

but do not worry as they all play similarly to Sonic with minor differences,

probably to keep up the pacing of the game as that's been an issue with multiple

characters in the past.

The demonstration started with the demo's title

screen which was accompanied with a song by Ted Poley about exploring together

(no hidden innuendos, perverts). The title of the game itself isn't set in

stone, but the current one looked similar to Sonic Unleashed's Japanese "Sonic

World Adventure" logo. From the title screen, it goes directly to a black screen

where you can select between Sonic or Tails using a ball made of falling

sparkles, and we were informed that the game starts with both characters

unlocked. Every level in the game will be playable with every character, and for

almost every level you will be able to select which character you play as before

it begins if the story has them currently in your "party."

They selected Sonic and the screen's graphics

either re-arranged themselves or left the screen to be replaced by others until

it resulted in a zone title screen similar to the ones in Sonic The Hedgehog 3.

The first level is called "Shattered Heights" and is similar to the Sonic

Generations incarnation of Speed Highway. Very New York themed. We were told the

level was five minutes long, but they spent about fifteen minutes showing us

parts of the stage's design, focusing on the lighting and shadows and how

lighting was one of the main focuses for this game's design. Shattered Heights,

for example, started at dawn and by the level's end the entire stage's lighting

had changed to more reflect the mid afternoon. Most of the level consists of

Sonic and Tails actually breaking through the windows of buildings several

stories high and running through apartment hallways, office buildings, and hotel

suites with Pixar-like humans gasping and shouting in surprise.

Sonic and

Tails communicate throughout the level with each other similarly to the

conversations in Sonic Heroes, both commenting on their surroundings and giving

you advice on how to play the game. They would often stop at areas in the level

to tell us how if we were playing as Tails instead of Sonic, we would be able to

fly and reach different paths that Sonic could not access, but most alternate

paths were entirely optional and not forced like they were in Sonic Adventure or

Sonic The Hedgehog for the Xbox 360. They really wanted to make a Sonic

Generations title that played more similarly to the Genesis titles where

different characters could play the same levels with the only difference being

their personal abilities.

After the first level was completed by reaching

a goal ring located on top of a large and beautiful fountain in the middle of a

park (Sonic and Tails were automatically flung at it from the last building,

similarly to the goal ring at the end of City Escape), there was a cut scene

that introduced Dr. Eggman and Knuckles. Dr. Eggman was piloting some gigantic

drill vehicle that drove itself out of the ground with Knuckles jumping out of

the crater shortly behind it. The two of them squabble while Sonic and Tails

watch, looking annoyed/bored by the two of them until Knuckles notices them and

yells at them to help, bringing attention to a ridiculously heavy looking golden

necklace Dr. Eggman is holding. Alerted to their presence, Dr. Eggman ejects his

Egg-O-Matic from the drill vehicle and flies away, leaving Knuckles to explain

the game's story so far to Sonic and Tails. Sonic offers to let Knuckles join

him and Tails, but he declines and runs off, saying he'll leave Dr. Eggman to

them as he needs to "go back and check something."

They then switched us

over to the second demonstration, where we were told that later in the game when

we unlocked Knuckles in our "party," we would also have the option of going back

and playing his side of the story. This demonstration went from the same title

screen as the first to a new character select screen, more similar to Sonic

Adventure's. Sonic and Tails were the default characters for the main story mode

with Knuckles behind them in a silhouette of Amy, then Sonic was selectable by

himself, then Tails by himself, then Knuckles with a silhouette of Amy again as

the next selectable character in the rotation. After selecting Knuckles a level

select menu came up, all options blacked out except for his first level, "Lunar

Caverns."

They selected the first level, leading the game

to load into another familiar zone title screen with Knuckles standing at the

beginning of the level. This stage was beautiful. The ground was a nice

chocolate brown with purple and white crystal walls which refracted light

everywhere, which we later saw was being illuminated by a half moon glowing

through cracks in the cavern's ceiling. The level was very similar to a roller

coaster with the way it dipped up and down, extremely hilly but smooth.

Knuckles, as promised, plays pretty much identically to Sonic in Sonic Colors

and Sonic Generations with very few differences. Knuckles even has a boost

meter, which fills as enemies are destroyed, rings are collected, and moves are

performed which he uses to run fast, just like Sonic. Instead of the ground

pound/stomp attack, Knuckles drills downward like he does in Sonic Adventure 2.

Instead of sliding under tight spaces, Knuckles can dive through the ground and

back up through it like a dolphin through water. Instead of the homing attack,

Knuckles will glide with his fists forward, gradually losing altitude until he

either lands or connects with a climbable wall. We were told that Knuckles could

climb almost any vertical surface, but there would be some surfaces he would not

be able to climb, such as ones made out of metal, but those surfaces would only

be in specific areas and would be infrequent, leaving Knuckles to be able to

climb almost anything anywhere.

At the end of the level, Knuckles comes across

an underground temple, which is where he discovers murals about the necklace we

saw Dr. Eggman with earlier in Sonic and Tails' story, shortly before Dr. Eggman

himself strolls into the place, unaware of Knuckles being there. Knuckles

follows him until Dr. Eggman finds the necklace and takes it, when Knuckles

exposes himself by clumsily causes a brick he's leaning against to fall and make

his presence known. Dr. Eggman tries to convince him to let him pass, but

Knuckles tells him that he's no longer falling for his tricks and he isn't going

anywhere. Dr. Eggman distracts Knuckles by looking aside and saying, "Sonic?

You're here too?" and then runs past, able to climb aboard his giant drill

vehicle just before Knuckles catches up.

What proceeds is a running boss

fight, similar to the ones in Sonic Unleashed and the final boss of Sonic

Colors, where you play as Knuckles chasing Dr. Eggman in his drill vehicle

through a never ending tunnel that it is creating as it goes. We were told that

there were a few different strategies that could be used to damage the boss, but

they focused on collecting enough rings to use the boost to catch up to the back

of the drill vehicle, then using Knuckles' unique ground diving move to dive

underground and then come up underneath the vehicle, effectively making Knuckles

punch its weak underbelly. We were told the cockpit and large tires were also

attackable, and each weak point had different defenses that you would have to

watch out for or risk hurting yourself trying to hit them.

After the boss fight, pretty much the same cut

scene from before where Dr. Eggman and Knuckles exited the tunnel that the drill

vehicle created in the park with Sonic and Tails watching, except the beginning

and end of the scene which focused on Knuckles instead of Sonic and

Tails.

After this demonstration was complete, we watched a powerpoint

presentation with screenshots from the game. We were told how the story would

focus on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy Rose, and Dr. Eggman with a couple of

appearances throughout the game, but those appearances would have less

importance to the plot than Amy Rose's role in Sonic Unleashed. For example, Amy

Rose's story once you unlocked it would begin at Cream's house, where we see

Cream, Vanilla, Gemerl, two Chao, and some Flickies. Outside of that scene, none

of those characters make an appearance outside of one more scene with Cream in

it. Emblems will be making a return, and will be earned in various ways with ten

emblems per level. They can be earned for completing levels with each character,

getting an S rank with all four characters, collecting all red rings with any

character, and completing side missions for the level.

Collecting emblems will unlock additional

"partners" of characters for bonus missions for the levels. These partners will

not be part of the main story, but will have their own little side stories and

are not required for completing the game. Two examples we were given were Shadow

and Rouge as on pair and Silver and Blaze as another pair, but we were told that

they are planning to have others. These pairings will not have any story

elements to them outside of the conversations they have during the levels, and

you decide which of the two characters you want to play as while the other tags

along, ala Sonic and Tails.

There will be no Chao Garden, before anyone

asks. The two Chao at Cream's home are the only two in the entire game as far as

I was made aware.

Release date: November 2013

Platforms:

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, 3DS, PlayStation 4, and Xbox

Infinite.

"All seven versions will be the same, except the PC, PS4, and XI

versions will have higher resolutions and the 3DS version will be made by a

different team. Do not worry, it is not going to be Dimps. Sega has ended their

relationship with them."

Wentos is a SoJ leak that browses 4chan's

/v/ from time to time and leaks info bits on Sonic games. He has leaked every

Sonic game since Unleashed several months before ANNOUNCEMENT.

This leak

is by Wintos. Though the name is different, his tripcode ( !!Vp9lMh6KQfP)

matches one he has used before.

1367358441204.jpg

Sonic news and rumors are not to be discussed in the general gaming news and rumors threads. We have entire forums dedicated to Sonic.

Subsequently, It has also been debunked.