Awoo.

The Gaming Rumors Thread: Nintendo BG&E2? Resi 7? Prey 2... again!?

Patticus

I don't think Madden is an indication in anyway. New consoles usually get worse versions of the sports games from them at first. It was the same on 360 and PS3. Plus this may not have the new physics engine or Ultimate Team mode, but they are adding some Gamepad feature which are apparently pretty cool.

Mass Effect is getting the DLc on disc, an interactive comic of ME1&2, and you can choose to play on the Gamepad, so it doesn't seem they're gimping on that.

BTW, Left 4 Dead prequel? I never played the game, but I thought they were like Counter Strike without a story?

That's pretty funny considering how much EA was kissing up to the Wii-U for the past year and a half. Though making low-quality ports and little effort games for the Wii-U because of this, is such bullshit. They need to grow up if they're gonna act like babies.

I remember an article saying Nintendo was considering Steam, I do hope they take Valve up on that offer.

I don't think they'll make the netcode based off a 3rd party but, what it seems like they're doing is allowing Steam Works like PSN does. Of course, they also said devs can charge whatever they want for DLC, within reason that is. What that really means is that Valve could do their free DLC and easy updates.

Wait... that means the WiiU will recieve only Mass Effect 3 as showed at E3?

Oh great, now PS3 users have someone to cry together for not having the complete trilogy on their consoles.

I don't think they'll make the netcode based off a 3rd party but, what it seems like they're doing is allowing Steam Works like PSN does. Of course, they also said devs can charge whatever they want for DLC, within reason that is. What that really means is that Valve could do their free DLC and easy updates.

Which is pretty much better for devs and users alike than XBLA ever was.

Wait... that means the WiiU will recieve only Mass Effect 3 as showed at E3?

Oh great, now PS3 users have someone to cry together for not having the complete trilogy on their consoles.

Not that it matters in the end, anyway - ME3 is a great game, but a terrible conclusion to the series, thanks to the ending. The ending is still shit, even with the extended cut, (which in itself is a massive slap in the face to certain fans, but that's for another topic), and it left a sour taste for most of the fandom, especially for those who were so invested in the series. The utter train-wreck that was the ending and the massive shitstorm that followed should be a warning for developers who are trying to make ambitious stories.

I wish (and hope) that Bioware actually sticks to their word and doesn't make any more ME sequels, so I can pretend that the 'official' endings never happened, but knowing EA...

Edited by Masaru Daimon

The Last Guardian trademark was abandoned by Sony in the US and is now up for sale.

On one hand it could mean the game is being renamed, but considering how little we've heard and so many of the rumors that have been floating around after Ueda left Team Ico and Sony generally keeping quiet about it for ages, this could very well lead up to a confirmed cancellation.

Of course they might renew it later down the line but it says a lot about Sony's attitude if they forgot about it and are openly leaving it up for people to obtain. It's not like Versus XIII's trademark renewal case where it has a name brand such as "Final Fantasy" attached to it.

3 things probably happened?

1. Vaporware

2. Name Change

3. Sony forgot to renew the trademark.

The latter two are more likely since Versus had the same issue with number 3 and trademark licensing usually has a deadline(Last Guardian's is next January).

The game isn't even called The Last Guardian where it's being developed.

Plus, extrapolating a cancellation out of an automated expiration process is some Kotaku level mental process, but we'll see.

Wait....huh?

EA officially up for sale, KKR and Providence interested

Videogame maker Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) is exploring a sale as the company struggles to grow its business amid competition from free online gaming sites, the New York Post reported, citing sources.

The paper reported EA has been approached by private-equity giants KKR and Providence Equity Partners about a potential deal.

Representatives for EA weren't immediately available for comment.

EA is the maker of such popular video games as "SimCity" and "Madden NFL" and had a market value of $4.17 billion as of Wednesday's close.

Shares climbed 17% to $15.25 in light premarket trading and are down 36% this year.

The paper quotes a source familiar with the company saying EA would do a deal at $20 a share. It last traded above that price in January.

EA has reported mixed results in recent periods as softer demand for console videogames has hurt margins and as it faces increased competition from free-access online games. Last month, EA reported fiscal first-quarter earnings fell 9% as the company's core revenue slipped.

The company is looking to transform its business model to better compete against rivals such as Zynga Inc. (ZNGA), which has expanded its business to better support Internet-based sales.

I don't know which is more believable. This rumor or the fact that EA is only worth $4.17 billion.

Edited by Nintendoga

inb4 people claim Apple is going to buy them and use that to launch a videogame console.

Again.

Nintendo should buy them

Then we can get glorious games such as

Battlefield 4: March of the Mushroom Kingdom

SS-SamusX

The Legend of Madden: Playoff of Time

The Legend of NBA: Skyward Dunk

New Super Mass Effect Bros. U

4 endings, one where you shoot Rosalina, one where you save the Princess wearing red, one where you save the Princess wearing green, and one where you save the Princess wearing blue. Also Mario only, other characters are DLC.

Hell yes

Edited by Nintendoga

New Super Mass Effect Bros. U

4 endings, one where you shoot Rosalina, one where you save the Princess wearing red, one where you ave the princess wearing green, and one where you save the princess wearing blue. Also Mario only, other characters are DLC

Hell yes

Didn't like how if you failed the morality check and Bowser died he'd just get replaced by his palette swap brother Browser. Not feeling these "impactful" choices, Nintendo.

I better be able to romance Yoshi in the sequel if they intend to keep me as a regular customer.

Nintendo already making a 3D Mario title for Wii-U, to come out in 2013?

According to Paul Gale's trusted source,

This shouldn’t come as a big surprise and in fact, many who read this will probably say, “no duh”, but I recently was revealed a morsel of information from a trusted source, saying that Nintendo is currently in development of a “3D Mario game” for Wii U, in addition to New Super Mario Bros. U.

The strategy in effect is to launch New Super Mario Bros. U this year and follow up with a new 3D roaming Mario adventure in “tentative 2013″. It makes sense too, because it’s what Nintendo did with the one-two punch of New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2…only the gap between these two Wii U Mario games is going to be longer than the 6 months that the pair’s predecessors had between each other.

I don’t have any other information at this time and this news doesn’t quite come as a shocker, but it’s still nice to actually know, nonetheless. If Paul Gale Network does receive any update, you’ll know about it.

I'm not sure if I like this or not.

What's not to like?

Even though it's been happening since 2009, I'd rather not have a 2D/3D Mario game being released every year.

New big 3D Mario game for Nintendo's big new console? Didn't see that one coming.

It's like it was meant to happen or something man, like totally amazing, magical even.

Square Enix tells to retaillers "Destroy Final Fantasy 14!"

If you don't know, Final Fantasy 14 is a terrible game. It's really quite bad. So bad in fact that instead of patching the game, they decided it was best to just remake it under a different title.

For retailers who do destroy their copies of the game and notify Square Enix, they will recieve credit of $16 per unit.

Source: The Gaf

Great, now we have to wait 3-4 years for Youtube videos showing copies as "rare masterpicies" and "collector's rarities".

...Might be wise to buy it before they all get destroyed as a "collectors" item.

Lol the above post having the same idea.

Edited by Noel Vermillion

• 7 months later...
Sony Is “Waiting For The Right Time” To Show The Last Guardian

The Last Guardian should be out by now. It's not. It could have been shown off at the PS4 unveiling. It wasn't. Fans looking forward to the game have every right to wonder what the hell is going on, then, and to them, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida would like to say he's sorry.

In an interview with Kotaku at the PS4 reveal in New York, Yoshida said "I apologize to people who are waiting for the game. Ueda-san posted that he's still working on it, that he's creative-directing it and that the team in the Japan studios are working hard. We are waiting for the right time to re-introduce The Last Guardian."

Asked about whether the game might now be for the PlayStation 4, and not the PlayStation 3 as originally intended, Yoshida would only say "We're going to talk about it when we can."

Given there's so much more to find out about the PS4, you could hope that time would be E3. If, that is, you've got any hope left in the tank for this game.

Call Of Duty: GHOSTS!

Who ya gonna call!

So some guy on youtube who is popular for... some reason, claims he's been handed some information at PAX East relating to the next installment of Call of Duty.

• Call of Duty: Ghosts. Activision toyed with Call of Duty: Phantoms, but settled on Ghosts.
  • Steering away from "Modern Warfare" to start its own thing, though is still kinda Modern Warfare 4.
  • Set in the future, kind of like Black Ops, but with current generation weaponry. Some plot event forces people of that time period to use our generation weapons.
  • Dynamic loading screens, as in the traditional loading countdown is replaced with some kind of animated sequence (rappel in from chopper, sneak in, etc).
  • Movement changes. Dash->slide+shooting. Corner peeking. Prone left/right roll.
  • Spec Ops gone, replaced with new mode.
  • Team aiming for more destructive environments. Working in single player, but team is having some issues with implementing it in multiplayer.
  • Launching only on next generation consoles: NextBox, PlayStation 4, and PC.
  • Reveal sometime around the start of May.

The only reason this is getting as much attention as it is would be because this individual is popular for reasons I don't understand.

If theres a zombie mode... I want Zombie Ghosts!

Wow. Apparently this got featured on ign.... Anyway this does seem like something I could see activision do. Although I feel it would be risky putting it ONLY on next gen consoles.(and what about WiiU?)