Awoo.

The Gaming Rumors Thread: Nintendo BG&E2? Resi 7? Prey 2... again!?

Patticus

Here's a pic from the newest ONM found on another forum:

FU.png

(I reuploaded this because the original was flipped)

People were speculating it's F-Zero. Apparently there was a big reveal in the issue that was removed, causing a week delay, but this was still in. But I'm not sure. They said it say's "Huge Reveal" on the front, but assumed it meant NSMB2.

That looks more like WipeOut than F-Zero, to me anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's no way that's F-Zero. There's definently a track down below, but those ships are waaaay too generic looking to be F-Zero machines - if nothing else, they always had a hell of a lot more colour going on to help differentiate them. I'm guessing at something third-party, personally.

• 2 weeks later...

Okami Remaster Possibly Coming to PlayStation 3

We're hearing some reports about a PlayStation 3 version of Capcom's PlayStation 2 classic Okami. Titled Okami Zekkie-ban (maybe... Okami Magnificent Version), the game appears to be an HD remaster.

We're not totally sure of the source on this one, but we'll hopefully have confirmation or debunkment in a bit!

Update: Game Jouhou says that its source for this report was a bit unclear, so it's probably best to treat this as a rumor. Any major remaster would usually be announced first in Famitsu, so if we don't hear anything tomorrow or next Wednesday it's probably false.

Developed by the now defunct Clover Studio, Okami was released for the PlayStation 2 in 2006 and was acclaimed for its unique art style. A Wii remake followed in 2009, with a DS spinoff/sequel in 2010.

IGN watermarks will be on-disc paid DLC if true.

the Wii U GamePad would be perfect for this.

This kind of expression looks eerily similar to one I'd heard many times before in the past, but it involved something about wiimotes. And that usually turned out shoddy as fuck, Okami Wii included. Be careful what you wish for.

Just saiyan'

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly never thought using the Wiimote would be all too good. I do think a Touchscreen would work much better than motion control or analogue sticks, though, as you actually have contact with something while drawing.

I honestly never thought using the Wiimote would be all too good. I do think a Touchscreen would work much better than motion control or analogue sticks, though, as you actually have contact with something while drawing.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I don't see why it wouldn't be PS3 exclusive, the original was PS2 exclusive, until it was ported to Wii.

If you want to play with the 360 controller so badly, get a Power A.

41xoTQc4pjL._AA160_.jpg

I've only ever played Okami on Wii, and thought it was fine. Awkward at times, but nothing too offensive. But I'd definitely say the U would be best for any future games. Okamiden on DS was an absolute treat thanks to the controls.

I tried playing Okami on the Wii a few years ago but couldn't really get into it; I'm so ready to play this game with a controller that isn't total shit. Man, I hope this turns out to be true.

I don't see why it wouldn't be PS3 exclusive, the original was PS2 exclusive, until it was ported to Wii.

If you want to play with the 360 controller so badly, get a Power A.

41xoTQc4pjL._AA160_.jpg

"The original was exclusive, until it wasn't" isn't really an argument for this being exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 3

It was exculsive till they made a direct port with waggle controls 3 years later is what I'm saying.

Maybe it will be on 360. Maybe it won't exist at all.

Edited by Solkia-kun

It was exculsive till they made a direct port with waggle controls 3 years later is what I'm saying.

So, it wasn't exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

Forget it, this is going to go in circles.

Anyways, I don't particularly care if it is remade, I've played the game to death on both PS2 and Wii and there wouldn't really be much reason for me to fork over 60 bucks for the same game with HD graphics.

Forget it, this is going to go in circles.

Anyways, I don't particularly care if it is remade, I've played the game to death on both PS2 and Wii and there wouldn't really be much reason for me to fork over 60 bucks for the same game with HD graphics.

Eh, there are examples of really good upgraded ports; just look at Persona 4 Golden.

Then again, Capcom is no Atlus by any means, so I guess it's a moot point.

It's on Famitsu apparently. Let's see if I can get my hands on a scan.

As reported yesterday, the PS3 game is a remastered version of the original Okami. It's titled Okami Zekkie-ban, which we're translating as Okami Magnificent Version for now.

We don't know what if anything is new at present, or if the game will have any Move support added to mimic the Wii version, but we should have additional details later today.

PS3's Okami HD remaster will be released on November 1, priced ¥3,990.

Edited by Dobkeratops

I actually thought the Okami Wiimote drawing worked fine. Of course that didn't stop me from getting really bored with that game for other reasons.

It's a sequel to the WiiWare title FAST: Racing League.

fast-racing-league-1.jpg

Did anyone actually play this game? this is the first time I've heard about it hahahahah

Did anyone actually play this game? this is the first time I've heard about it hahahahah

No one buys wii ware games. I would bet that no demos and the slow shop interface has something to do with it.

Might want to do your research there Phos, because Wiiware titles do have demos now, including this game.

As for you Remy, I've tried the demo and it seems pretty decent from what little I've played so far. If you're looking for an F-Zero-like game for the Wii, I'd recommend checking out the demo. I might be getting it someday but right now I can't be arsed to buy any Wii points at the moment... tongue.png

• 3 weeks later...

Say Whaaaaaaaat?

Rumor: Rocksteady developing Batman Silver Age game

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056432

Rocksteady Studios’ next project is a Batman game based on the Silver Age of DC’s coming books from the 1950′s, when Batman first met Joker, and teamed up with heroes such as Superman in founding the Justice League of America, according to a Variety source.

The London-based game developer is known for creating hit Batman titles Batman: Arkham Asylum and its sequel Arkham City.

The game will launch in 2014, “at the earliest,” according to the report.

IGN watermarks will be on-disc paid DLC if true.

How did I miss this joke the first time around?

I was wondering if anyone was going to joke about that lol.

Say Whaaaaaaaat?

Rumor: Rocksteady developing Batman Silver Age game

I think this is a smart move, it'll do a lot to keep the franchise fresh.