Awoo.

The Gaming Rumors Thread: Nintendo BG&E2? Resi 7? Prey 2... again!?

Patticus

Resident Evil 7 heading for E3?

Resident Evil 7 could be revealed at E3 next month, as suggested by a promotional poster that has leaked online. Treat this one 100% as rumour though. You have been cautioned.

You can find the Resident Evil 7 poster here.

This post on Boxden suggests that the image was intended to be kept under wraps for some time, but how they got a hold of this is anyone’s guess.

But of course, we all know that anyone with Photoshop skills can whip together a semi-convincing piece of art in no time, so again, treat this as rumour for now.

We’ve reached out to Capcom for comment.

poster322_zps8083cb85.jpg poster321_zps6826c89b.jpg

Looks fake as hell to me, but it could happen. Personally speaking, I hope that Resi 7 doesn't turn up for a couple of years yet. I loved Resi 6, it was a much better game than 5 ever was and have high hopes for the next one, but let's not rush it out, eh Capcom?

It'd be just dandy if there was a complete series reboot on the way though, the whole series is a convoluted mess right now, and it'd be wonderful to see the series reborn with all of the best features of the pre-RE4 survival horrors and the RE4-onward action games melded and meshed together in a perfect fusion of excitement and terror, without all of the series' baggage weighing down on it.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks quite fishy. But then again, Resident Evil 6's logo looked/looks fishy too. 

Personally, wouldn't mind another Resident Evil.

RE6 needed some extra time in the oven to polish and better implement all the ludicrous amount of content they crammed in it, but I had a lot of fun with the coop regardless. Here's hoping 7 gets managed better and i'm in.

but what happened to the giraffe

As long as there is more emphasis on scares than action movie tropes with good gameplay, I welcome a new RE. 

Edited by AdventChild

So this is probably fake but...

Anyone remember the fighting game Bloody Roar? It might be coming to the PS4 as an exclusive.

Yay?

http://www.playstationgamerleague.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/playstation-4/rumor-bloody-roar-may-be-coming-exclusively-to-r34

I do, from the PS1. Is that Tekken/Virtual Fighter rippoff where the fighters can turn into animais. I remember being a lil fun, only played a couple of times, my friend had it. But for PS4? What a huge step, unless there's Bloody Roar for the PS2 or PS3 that I don't know.

Edited by Jango

So this is probably fake but...

Anyone remember the fighting game Bloody Roar? It might be coming to the PS4 as an exclusive.

Yay?

http://www.playstationgamerleague.com/index.php?/page/index.html/_/playstation-4/rumor-bloody-roar-may-be-coming-exclusively-to-r34

Of all the Konami franchises Sony could choose, I find it highly unlikely they'd go for this one.

Hell, it's even less likely Konami even remembers they own Bloody Roar lol.

On the other hand this is such an odd rumor it could be true purely on the basis that you can't make this shit up.

I wish EA would remember that it owns Theme Hospital and therefore could make a killing making a sequel for PC, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, iOS and android.

I do, from the PS1. Is that Tekken/Virtual Fighter rippoff where the fighters can turn into animais. I remember being a lil fun, only played a couple of times, my friend had it. But for PS4? What a huge step, unless there's Bloody Roar for the PS2 or PS3 that I don't know.

There's 2 for PS1, 2 for PS2, and 1 for GC and Xbox (they're the same game under different names)

Primal Fury was garbage in everything but the soundtrack. If they do bring it back I hope they don't use the mechanics from that game.

I wish EA would remember that it owns Theme Hospital and therefore could make a killing making a sequel for PC, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, iOS and android.

EA's a goldmine of unused IPs. Dat lack of System Shock ;_;

Of all the Konami franchises Sony could choose, I find it highly unlikely they'd go for this one.

Hell, it's even less likely Konami even remembers they own Bloody Roar lol.

On the other hand this is such an odd rumor it could be true purely on the basis that you can't make this shit up.

I kinda agree, the Bloody Roar series wasn't exactly that great and it's hardly memorable, I don't recall anyone chanting 'Put bloody roar into playstation all stars or anything like that.

Also if you wanted to pay a dev to make you an exclusive... why this series!? I don't really wanna say 'why not Shenmue 3?' But somewhere between Bloody Roar and Shenmue there has to be a better franchise that isn't going to break the financial back?

I kinda agree, the Bloody Roar series wasn't exactly that great and it's hardly memorable, I don't recall anyone chanting 'Put bloody roar into playstation all stars or anything like that.

Also if you wanted to pay a dev to make you an exclusive... why this series!? I don't really wanna say 'why not Shenmue 3?' But somewhere between Bloody Roar and Shenmue there has to be a better franchise that isn't going to break the financial back?

tbh if microsoft is planning to make a new Killer Kinect Instinct this is the perfect franchise, quality-wise, sony could grab to counter it.

I'll let everyone decide on whether that was a jab or not. Hoh hoh

Shenmue Voice Actor Teasing Sega Project? Could It Be Shenmue 3?

By Kevin Chieng May 27, 2013 at 6:49PM

shenmue.jpg

This could be related to something interesting, or it could be nothing at all. It looks like the voice actor of Ryo Hazuki, the star of the classic Dreamcast action adventure game Shenmue, is teasing something on his Facebook page.

Corey Marshall just updated his cover and profile picture on Facebook. One of the two pictures shows the voice actor in a recording studio. On its own, the image doesn't really say much. But the second photo is what catches our eye here. It shows Marshall standing in front of a poster while showing off the Sega logo. Apparently this particular picture is actually an old photo as seen on the Sega forums, but the image of Corey in the recording booth appears to be brand new. A conclusion can easily be formed with the two pictures together.

marshall.jpg

marshall2.jpg

Is the actor teasing something or is this all just a coincidence?

One guess is obviously Shenmue 3. But does anyone believe the game is going to happen? Though, this was teased during GDC a few months ago, whether it's a joke or not:

A more reasonable guess could be upcoming DLC for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, the follow up to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Ryo Hazuki was a playable racer in the first All-Stars Racing but went missing for the sequel. Or maybe it's just some social game for mobile.

Either way, as a fan of Shenmue, this got me excited for a second but I can only see this news ending in disappointment. Anyone have guesses on what Corey Marshall may be teasing for Sega, or is this just a huge coincidence that Corey updated both his profile and cover photos?

Via NeoGAF

• 2 weeks later...

Fallout 4 was shown behind closed doors at E3.

imagef0ulb.jpg

> Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.

> As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.

> As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.

> The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.

> The expected launch is in October 2015.

> The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014.

> There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.

> The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.

> The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.

> The 37 second trailor starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a belltower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard "War... War never changes...". The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.

http://www.bubblews.com/news/660463-fallout-4-announcement

I predict that MS will be paying big bucks for SmartGlass integration into the game, despite the fact that such an add-on will just fragment the market and reduce sales potential.

I'd rather see Fallout 3 and New Vegas ported to the Wii U. It would be very cheap to do so, and the gamepad seems like an ideal fit for the series, as it would act as the Pipboy and would remove the annoyance of having to constantly switch over to it on your travels. Its inclusion also, unlike SmartGlass, guarantees that every user will use their Pipboys on the touchscreen interface.

If it did okay, they could then port Fallout 4 onto the system.

Heres an odd one. it's an image from The Last of Us so look at your own risk.

The-Last-of-Us-PS4-Teaser.jpg

Now Naughty Dog did have a Last of Us hint in Uncharted 3, whilst the 'last day' in The Last of Us is that date there, some people are suggesting that this is a hint that theres going to be either a Naughty Dog announcement on this date... or that that's the release date for the PS4. 

I dunno, it just looks like everyone's supposed to evacuate by that time.  Don't know what that has to do with the PS4 or a Naughty Dog announcement.  :B

Fallout 4, though?  HNNNNNNNNG YES

I dunno, it just looks like everyone's supposed to evacuate by that time.  Don't know what that has to do with the PS4 or a Naughty Dog announcement.  :B

I know, thats what I think it might be... though I do have to admit, that particular billboard does look at a tad out of place when you see it in the game.

Whilst it's 'right' everything else with regards to the date and time that the outbreak went critical is done quite subtle, theres newspapers sure, the clocks have stopped at a specific point, but that object is the only thing in the game (so far) which blatently puts that date and time in your face.

So it's correct, but when you look at how subtle everything else is, and how Naughty Dog drop hints and references into their games, it's easy to suspect there might be more to it.

Fallout 4? Oh yes please! Roll on 2015. Fallout is easily one of my favorite western developed gaming franchises, I expect them to use the Skyrim engine, which could mean dual wielding weapons and such. Whatever they do, colour me excited.

• Thumbs Up 1

PS360 releases for high profile games will be irrelevant by October 2014, let alone 2015. If true I expect those platforms to drop.

And pls Bethesda stop using the fucking terrible oblivion engine. Outsource that shit to someone that knows how to program. Oh and outsource the plot and quest design to the Obsidian guys while at it since New Vegas >>> 3.

• 1 month later...

Not sure where to put this one but... Rockstar's 'Agent' might not be dead.

130723agent.jpg

Take-Two have registered some new trademarks for 'Agent.' the details cover videogames, books, guides and printed media.

Agent was announced in 2009 as a PS3 exclusive, and that was about it, in 2011 Rockstar said it was still in production but... yeah. Agent might not be dead.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/23/rockstars-agent-might-not-be-dead-take-two-interactive-files-new-trademarks/

• 5 months later...

So apparently there was a huge error on the Steam stats page a while ago... and it leaked a ton of unannounced games.

SjmHJPv.png

Klling Floor 2

Super Secret Project 1

Hickory

Waffles

Ninja Gaiden Z

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate HD

Half Minute Hero Two

Sacred 3

• Thumbs Up 1