Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

This.... :@

is.....

amazing....... I love you Sega.

NOW BE MY VALENTINE!!

Seriously though. ONLINE CO-OP! I really wasn't expecting that. Does that mean player 2 won't be tacked to Sonic's camera?

Edited by Wooly-Blue

also, it seems that we actually have another stage to learn about. I mean if you notice, we only got

The pretty Aquatic Ruins remake

The Christmas Carnival Zone

and The Oil Rig Zone

I wonder what the last one could be :V

screenlg4.jpg

Wow, Sonic and Tails 69'ing each other in mid air, looks like Dimps employed someone from Deviant Art

tumblr_ls7crd3LJ11qafrh6.gif

Joking aside, this looks pretty great, the visual style might not be perfect but it still looks beautiful

Edited by CanofEpicSauce
  • Thumbs Up 2

Woah! Will this game actually have visual progression in the stages?!

s4ep22.jpg

In this picture it's snowing and the background is full of pine trees. The next level is a snow Zone with a whole bunch of Christmas trees :o

• Thumbs Up 3

Level transitions?

Aquatic ruins -> waterfilled Ice mountain -> Carnival

Looks like it to me.

Edited by Michael Myers

SEE!? SEE!? I WAS RIGHT WHEN I SAID THERE'D BE TEAM ATTACKS! YOU ALL LAUGHED AND DOUBTED BUT I WAS RIIIIIGHT!!! RIRIIGHGHTHTTHGHTITI!!!!!

We now return to your regularly schedueled Grumpy Old Guy, already in progress.

Wow, these screens look great. I'm very pleasantly surprised.

• Thumbs Up 3

So er, is Tails playable alone in 1P mode? 'Cause there has been this rather silly trend where games with any sort of co-op don't allow you to play as additional characters alone.

And Tails is the only thing that'll get me to pay attention to Sonic 4.

Wait... what if we always see these levels within one another?

In "Aquatic Ruins", we see a forest full of fir/Christmas trees.

In the screenshot with the avalanche, that's presumably a different level with said trees, but we see the carnival in the background.

Now we're inside the carnival.

Can't say anything about the oil rigs or the underwater caverns since I don't have anything to follow up on, but this would be pretty sweet.

Edited by VizardJeffhog

No love for Steelion guys?

*pic*

Y'know what... In the time I spent getting an error trying to post this...

You posted it.... >:U

*angry jealous rage*

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe they'll do the Sonic 3 thing where acts actually ran into each other but to a greater degree? That would be quite cool to see. Gives the illusion that you're actually in a world rather than a series of levels.

• Thumbs Up 3

So er, is Tails playable alone in 1P mode? 'Cause there has been this rather silly trend where games with any sort of co-op don't allow you to play as additional characters alone.

And Tails is the only thing that'll get me to pay attention to Sonic 4.

I Hope so. An option is needed for players to play as Sonic and Tails, Sonic alone, or Tails alone.

Maybe they'll do the Sonic 3 thing where acts actually ran into each other but to a greater degree? That would be quite cool to see. Gives the illusion that you're actually in a world rather than a series of levels.

Im hoping for that as well. It made the game feel a bit more lively.

So these leaked right? Good Sega had it coming considering how stingy they've been with episode 2 media. It looks like every zone might have leaked to boot. Lol

Graphics look great. I guess we can forget about lock on. Remake episode 1 without the horrible so we can have lock on Sega.

Okay...

Now that I've managed to collect my thoughts (and some pieces out of my body), let's see what we have here...

First of all, those screens look a lot better than EP1, some lighting here and there and replacing plastic with paper (as Shadz said) make wonders... Bubbles still looks awful though.

But what I'm most interested is in the co-op, I (and by that I mean from my personal experience) haven't played a Sonic co-op game since Advance 3 (and I actually liked that game... Don't judge me!)... I'm a bit worried about those "team monitors" though, because the monitors seem to indicate areas where team action is required, I really hope that doesn't mean we are going to be forced to go through something like that at some point in the game (like... I bet this has an Advance 3-like option to call Tails and use his skills even if you are playing alone).

But other than that the game actually looks good (which is way beyond my previously nonexistent expectations) and it seems to have a pretty interesting (yet silent) story, not to mention the online co-op that will surely open a lot of fun opportunities for us. (tag time attack tournaments anyone?)

I'm impressed, might be because I wasn't expecting anything from this, but impressed nonetheless... Now fix EP1 and make them lock on so we have more than just 4 levels to play. (I'm probably being too picky here)

When the XBOX page for Episode 1 appeared, how soon after did the game release? I'm not talking the delayed release, I'm talking the initial release date (it was going to be around July, right?). Might give us a ballpark release date.

Aren't we already guesstimating that the game'll be out around April? If Archie's Sonic Super Special adaptation is anything to go by, anyway. Considering in recent years they've generally had adaptations either in the same month as or the month after a game's release, I'd say that narrows it down considerably.

Well now we know the graphics are a huge improvement, but I want to see it in action before judging further.

Because of how this now creates graphical inconsistency between episodes (and probably physics too), this goes to show how they really should have just canceled whatever they had of Sonic 4 so far and have Sonic Team make an epic, retail disc release game called Sonic the Hedgehog 4, with 0% Dimps. In otherwords, pretend the laughable Episode I never existed, fire Dimps, and let Sonic Team handle everything.

Sure the new screens look nice, but I'm still not buying it (these screens prove that several problems I had with E1 won't be getting fixed, such as Bubble chains, the existence of Homing Attack, and a bunch of other things, this still does NOT seem like an actual sequel to Sonic 3 & Knuckles) The fact that Dimps is STILL involved kinda proves that this won't be perfect... (why the fuck is Dimps still developing Sonic games? Haven't they overstayed their welcome?)

Edited by Chaos Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1