Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Just think, Episode 1 actually got fairly good reviews all round. Imagine what Episode 2 will get!

...well, knowing the Internet and reviewers, probably worse ones. =|

• Thumbs Up 7

So the homing attack is confirmed and so is the return of homing attack sequences on chains of enemies that was used to death in Ep. 1. Why Sega?!!! But the new graphics engine looks great and bears a lot of resemblance to Sonic fan remix, the fan game that received lots of praise on message boards at the time of Ep. 1 release.

So the homing attack is confirmed and so is the return of homing attack sequences on chains of enemies that was used to death in Ep. 1. Why Sega?!!!

Maybe Bubbles will make a final appearance in Aquatic Ruin Zone. The stage will probably take cues from Marble Garden since we know the Marble Garden wheel is back. Maybe Bubbles actually belongs in this zone?

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait..wait.. Good?

Good..? The game it..

IT ACTUALLY LOOKS GOOD! OH MY GOD!

These screen shots looks absolutely gorgeous! The graphics have WAAAY improved over the first one, jeez! This is one hell of an improvement, I mean, I was expecting it to be better, but..wow! I am seriously impressed!

Now all we need is gameplay footage, if the level design and physics are as awesome as these screen shots are, then I think we've got our self a freakin' solid Sonic 4 game. IMy hype level for this has definitely gone up since these screen shots brought me hope to it actually being good! Please SEGA, let it be so!

On the special stage screenshot, notice how Sonic and Tails now have their own ring counts. I assume this means that if Tails get's hurt, you won't loose all your rings. That was always the biggest flaw in the Sonic 2 special stages for me, considering he was a fucking moron.

Nevermind me. No idea what I'm talking about.

Edited by ENVY

So the homing attack is confirmed and so is the return of homing attack sequences on chains of enemies that was used to death in Ep. 1. Why Sega?!!!

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

This kinda bugs me though:

Joined by Tails, utilise ingenious combination moves and race across four brand new Zones

So apprantly that Planet: Egg rumor was true, but it was rumored for the wrong game

But my god is this such a gorgeous improvement from the original, and I can't wait to see these stages in action. Now all we need is a good bit of footage to prove that Dimps has gotten their A-game back

When the XBOX page for Episode 1 appeared, how soon after did the game release? I'm not talking the delayed release, I'm talking the initial release date (it was going to be around July, right?). Might give us a ballpark release date.

I'm outright flabbergasted at SEGA's little Valentines Day gift to us.

SEGA?

Edited by Inigo Montoya

It seems like the special stages are taking a cue from Sonic Rush/Sonic Colors. If you look at the screen, you'll notice objects off to the sides of the ramp that are in the air.

Jumping off the sides of the ramp seems likely.

Indigo: You wanted to see me, doc?

Doctor: Sit down.

Indigo: What is it?

Doctor: I'm afraid I have some bad news. Today, SEGA has just revealed new information and screenshots of Sonic 4 Episode 2.

Indigo: Woah! That's incre- ...wait.

Doctor: You have Inferno-itis.

Indigo: How could this have happened...

Doctor: Do you need a moment?

Indigo: I'll... *sniff* I'll be fine.

In other news, holy dooley. I'm outright flabbergasted at SEGA's little Valentines Day gift to us. Loving the use of the classic Tornado, and I can't wait to get my hands on this entry.

A+, SEGA. A+.

And Dimps too I guess, provided the actual gameplay is good.

SEGA's not your Valentine, Microsoft is. They were leaked on Xbox.com and taken down soon after tongue.png

So apprantly that Planet: Egg rumor was true, but it was rumored for the wrong game

But my god is this such a gorgeous improvement from the original, and I can't wait to see these stages in action. Now all we need is a good bit of footage to prove that Dimps has gotten their A-game back

You mean this rumor? http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?381972-quot-Egg-Planet-quot-mystery-rumour-CRACKED!