Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

For those of you guys that think "Sylvania Castle" is a completely original name that does not reference anything or isn't some type of joke or anything:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Castlevania

Id call it more of a clever reference, I don't actully think that Dimps was sly enough to actually pass that off as unintentional.

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, you know it seems odd that Metal would be fought in Act 1 of a three-act stage rather than the third. It could make the following acts seem kind of anti-climactic, which is also why I think Sky Fortress is the E.G.G. Station of this episode (like someone else said), split into two acts, making 18 altogether this time around.

Edited by Lungo

The name has nothing to do with Castlevania. "Sylvania" means forest land. The castle is in a forest here.

The "-Vania" in Castlevania is, I assume, from Transylvania, which is usually associated with vampires.

Hey, that must mean Pennsylvania has trees in it instead of vampires.

I learned something today :D

I have a feeling Sky Fortress Zone will be the 'throwback' zone. Sylvania Castle seems pretty original to me.

Yeah, aside form the Piranha Badnik, I don't see too much other Aquatic Ruins stuff here, their isn't even any Grounders here, infact theirs more Marble Garden stuff here like the Grasshopers, the Aztec faces, and the blue Spin dash switches, if anything it's like a fusion of both those zones, except more Medieval.

Come to think of it, excluding Black Knight, Medieval Castle stages are somewhat rare in Sonic is it?

Oh and on the Castlevania Joke, next thing you know, Sonic will have to run up a Clock Tower while dodging Harpy's and Medusa Heads, beat Metal Sonic who's wearing a cloak and wielding/spamming scyths everywhere, making his way up to the Castle Keep for the final showdown with Count Eggbula throwing his hellfires and transforming into a Bat-Egg mutant demon creature.

"WHAT IS A MAN!?"

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't see too much other Aquatic Ruins stuff here, their isn't even any Grounders here,

SOMEONE ALERT THE "THINGS SONIC 4 DID BETTER THAN THE CLASSICS" THREAD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sylvania is also an American electronics company that makes primarily light bulbs, and also a fantastic assortment of cheap discount-store crap like TVs, coffeemakers, toasters, and apparently poorly functioning netbooks now.

$(KGrHqV,!lcE6h)6uy23BO1D8qbWig~~60_3.JPG

The name reminds me of headphones that break in three days. It's a bad name for a Sonic level guys.

Alright, that's it.

Copypasta from my tumblr:

tumblr_lzvij0wfHM1qcz7qh.png

Sonic is getting ready for a Spin Dash. Notice though that Tails has already rolled down an incline

tumblr_lzvijsl2jW1qcz7qh.png

This is where Sonic releases his Spin Dash and Tails has gone up the Incline already

tumblr_lzvim3zoJM1qcz7qh.png

This is the highest each one got.

Notice that Tails is higher after going down the incline?

Game.

Set.

Match.

I'd say just that right there is a major improvement over Sonic 4.

• Thumbs Up 7

iwanttobelieve.jpg

I dunno, seems legit but I want to see more solidified proof. Hmm. I remember one of the first slopes in Episode I, if you ran down it at full speed you'd uncurl out of it higher than if you were to spin-dash at the bottom of it. I remember trying that, and that's how it worked. I could be wrong though, maybe someone can give it a try?

I dunno, seems legit but I want to see more solidified proof. Hmm. I remember one of the first slopes in Episode I, if you ran down it at full speed you'd uncurl out of it higher than if you were to spin-dash at the bottom of it. I remember trying that, and that's how it worked. I could be wrong though, maybe someone can give it a try?

No need to give it a try, I can think of a few perfect examples of it off of the top of my head. LLZ1, the first slope with a boulder chase is an easy one. The only way to reach the Bubbles chain off the ramp is to run down at full speed.

No need to give it a try, I can think of a few perfect examples of it off of the top of my head. LLZ1, the first slope with a boulder chase is an easy one. The only way to reach the Bubbles chain off the ramp is to run down at full speed.

The example was Sonic actually rolling not running. Sonic running in Sonic 4 was arguably fine I guess....but If you rolled into a ball during that chase the boulder would hit you.

Yup, rolling away from the boulder didn't work. Also I'm pretty sure you could try going back up the hill when the boulder is gone and rolling down still won't allow you to reach the bubbles.

Not that I believe this is 100% proof that ep 2 is fixed.

The example was Sonic actually rolling not running. Sonic running in Sonic 4 was arguably fine I guess....but If you rolled into a ball during that chase the boulder would hit you.

And SOAP was talking about running. Rolling in E1 was just all kinds of shit.

• Thumbs Up 1

And SOAP was talking about running. Rolling in E1 was just all kinds of shit.

Oh you are correct sir.

I re-read what he said...you can promptly slap me in the face if you want too.

Edited by Voy-Boy

Ken just said:

We definetly have listened. Is it going to be exacally as the Genesis physics were? No. And I said before that unfortunatly we can't make them apple-to-apple the same. The game would simply break. However, we can make them closer. For example, the uncurling, which was a HUGE issue the first time has been fixed.

That said - you will get chances to Play the game before launch - so you can check it out first hand! :)

• Thumbs Up 7

We definetly have listened. Is it going to be exacally as the Genesis physics were? No. And I said before that unfortunatly we can't make them apple-to-apple the same. The game would simply break. However, we can make them closer. For example, the uncurling, which was a HUGE issue the first time has been fixed.

Well, no. Not if you fixed the physics before you started the level design.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying they have to be 1:1, but that what he's saying isn't exactly a valid reason for the second outing to repeat a lot of the problems in the first, if indeed that turned out to be the case.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ken just said:

That said - you will get chances to Play the game before launch - so you can check it out first hand! smile.png

So no worries! I hope the demo had Snowy. He is the best thing to come out of Sonic 4 so far.

Yes, worries. For one, how will the game break? They had enough time to build the game around the correct physics, so he shouldn't give us that shit. Secondly, every time someone brings up physics, he mentions how they fixed uncurling, which just makes me more worried.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, worries. For one, how will the game break? They had enough time to build the game around the correct physics, so he shouldn't give us that shit. Secondly, every time someone brings up physics, he mentions how they fixed uncurling, which just makes me more worried.

He said, For Example, which means they fixed more stuff too.

I just asked Ken about Sonic dropping like a rock if you release the d-pad. Here's his reply:

I'll be upfront - I know we were trying to get that fixed. No promises but I know that was being looked at. Let me double check in the latest builds.

He said, For Example, which means they fixed more stuff too.

I know that, but the fact that he always only brings this up when speaking about physics is worrisome, strengthened by Spooky's post:

I just asked Ken about Sonic dropping like a rock if you release the d-pad. Here's his reply:

This is a fucking joke. What the hell.

Edited by Marcellove
  • Thumbs Up 3