Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

I find it hilarious that one of the most prominent things in that promo art is the Bubbles chain that's there for no reason at all.

I can't decide if they don't know when to end the joke or are just grossly incompetent. I know it's one of the two.

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 7

Is it me... or is there something wrong with his mouth? [sonic's]

It's not just you. I totally agree. The Sonic 4 renders of Sonic all look horrible.

• Thumbs Up 3

The reference to eighteen acts is interesting, given that we know you can go Super Sonic in boss battles, implying that they no longer have their own mini-act. I think that my personal guess would be that you can go straight to the boss from the end of Act 3 and keep all your rings, but you can also return to the World Map and select the boss separately from there.

Boss fights have both Metal Sonic and Eggman? I wonder if it'll be like how Gemerl was used in Advance 3... a.k.a. "miniboss fight" to "part of the mecha." Or maybe just a dual duel... actually, I think that's probably it; since Tails will always be tagging along with Sonic, that makes all boss fights 2 vs. 2. Makes me wonder, though, if Sky Fortress is actually the final zone, and Metal Sonic is beaten in an Act 1 and Eggman's mecha separately in Act 2. Or perhaps more likely Sky Fortress is the final normal zone before the E.G.G. Station equivalent and Metal Sonic is permanently beaten there, much like in Stardust Speedway in CD - in the penultimate level.

Really don't understand the complaints about the game having a final boss. Each episode is a self-contained game and story. That's what an episode is. They're interlinked but remarkably often you will find that episodes in any media will stand completely on their own, and that's exactly what's going on with Episodes 1 and 2. This is pretty basic stuff.

Anyone else notice Relief has a new function? He's used as a fan underwater in Sylvania Castle.

Nice to see Red Rings. They'll add some replay value smile.png

It's not just you. I totally agree. The Sonic 4 renders of Sonic all look horrible.

What exactly is wrong with these two?:

http://info.sonicret...x-Sonic_run.png

http://info.sonicret...:Sonic_down.png

I have a strong feeling we'll have the boss in the Act 2 rather than as a separate act. One of the achievements says you'll be able to beat bosses as Super Sonic.

Either that or Act 3 will be a full act rather than just a boss, and I'd prefer if it were that.

Act 3 was a full Act in E1. Bosses were Act 4.

It would be funny if SEGA were totally oblivious to Sylvania Castle being an Aquatic Ruin rehash and it was infact another unseen Zone that is the rehash stage.

The more I see of Sylvania Castle, the more it differentiates itself from Aquatic Ruin to me. Which is really nice.

Edited by Marcellove
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find it hilarious that one of the most prominent things in that promo art is the Bubbles chain that's there for no reason at all.

I can't decide if they don't know when to end the joke or are just grossly incompetent. I know it's one of the two.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

I loved the use of Red Rings in Sonic Generations as rewards for finding shortcuts and alternate paths. None of that stupid hiding medals in nook and crannies like in Unleashed. I really hope episode 2 does the same, as that also means lots of different ways to get through the same level.

• Thumbs Up 1

For comparison, Sonic 3 only has 12 stages but of course each stage is fairly big and includes a boss fight at the end.

I really have been thinking about it and I can't think of a way these stages could be split. Assuming there's three acts per a stage, that would be enough stages to fit six zones, which doesn't sound right as we've been told the game has four zones unless there is something they're keeping from us as a surprise.

If there are boss acts, like how in Sonic CD there's a "mini-stage" before the boss, then even including those there would be 2 extra stages... Which could fit for a finale stage and a Doomsday-esque stage if they desired.

But from the Super Sonic achievement AND judging from one screen of White Park where they got to Metal Sonic on a rocket in less than 15 seconds of the stage, I'm assuming that bosses do have their own stages (unless that wasn't a boss). However, either way you slice it, we either have:

-Enough stages to fit six zones

-Enough stages to fit four zones, plus two extra for possibly a "Final" stage and a potential "Doomsday"-esque stage.

Either way sounds good to me.

Unless there's a bonus stage you unlock for collecting Red Rings or something.

Edited by Agent York

For Ep2, I think a mid zone boss (like in S3&K) at the end of Acts 1 & 2, maybe like the bear badnik 'Snowy' would be very welcome.

I think a better idea would be to have Metal Sonic appear randomly in the middle of a level to take you by suprise, a few hits to beat him back and you then continue through the level (sort of like Marble Garden Zone Act 2 In S3&K when Robotnik appeared a couple of times before the end of the zone.

Maybe SEGA will make the Boss Act (Act 4) a full length act.

The more I see of Sylvania Castle, the more it differentiates itself from Aquatic Ruin to me. Which is really nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

Have to agree with everyone saying SC is beginning to look less like a rehash. It actually looks a lot more castle like. Undeniably Aquatic Ruin based with some Marble Garden gimmicks (might it be the only place we see Bubbles?), but different enough to differentiate itself.

6780958970_f5bb45e134_z.jpg

Brickwork, colour scheme, forested background with mountains further back says Aquatic Ruin. Caste-like features says something new. No denying it's the throwback stage though. I'd guess that they have something very different in mind for Sky Fortress.

• Thumbs Up 3

Am I the only one not picturing Wing Fortress type zone for Sky Fortress? I'm kind of imagining something more along the lines of Sky Sanctuary: Bad Future Edition.

Am I the only one not picturing Wing Fortress type zone for Sky Fortress? I'm kind of imagining something more along the lines of Sky Sanctuary: Bad Future Edition.

I kinda imagine it more like Sky Sanctuary meets Egg Fleet

After seeing the first picture with Bubbles and now this I've come to the conclusion they're only here this time just to be here. I mean look at them theres a walkway literally beneath them, and in the other picture before there was a platform beneath a chain of them.

After seeing the first picture with Bubbles and now this I've come to the conclusion they're only here this time just to be here. I mean look at them theres a walkway literally beneath them, and in the other picture before there was a platform beneath a chain of them.

Plus...the Bubbles in that picture actually have spikes on them! Between this and Snowy, I think it's safe to say that Eggman is out of debt.

Plus...the Bubbles in that picture actually have spikes on them! Between this and Snowy, I think it's safe to say that Eggman is out of debt.

Spiked Bubbles were in Episode 1, too.

I've been noticing the same thing. It seems much more like the ruins of a mideval castle than Greek ruins.

One thing that worries me is that Ken said the throwback zone is plot-related which would seem to imply that we're actually returning to THE Aquatic Ruin from Sonic 2 in which case they've done a terrible job of recreating it.

I actually really like the zone, though. It looks better than anything in Episode I

Uh.

I think it's really obvious that the throwback is that Eggman's taking over Little Planet again, and covering it in metal like he did in CD.

I don't think we've ever seen a chain comprised of Red Bubbles.

And we still haven't. That's just a piece of artwork, so shouldn't be taken as gospel.