Awoo.

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Screens & Media Topic

Agent York

Sonic: Awesome, more useless bubbles to spam my homming attack on!

Red Bubbles: Nope *spikes jut out*

Sonic: Well, shit.

• Thumbs Up 7

Uh.

I think it's really obvious that the throwback is that Eggman's taking over Little Planet again, and covering it in metal like he did in CD.

Little Planet is not a zone.

Ken specifically said that yes there is a "throwback" zone, but it's plot related.

Ep II however has new Zones that we hope will keep people happy. In fact there is only (1) zone that is a genuine throwback – but that actually is more how the story unveils than anything else.

Edited by Spooky Mulder

Man, they really should have put out a better trailer, because a lot of features actually sound cool and build upon what was feature in the classics. Metal Sonic/Eggman team-up? Co-op sections that actually give Tails more to do than just follow you? Red Rings? The things that were implied in the achievements? They all sound great, but the trailer was really sloppy. It's not surprising that many people are worried that the physics and level design aren't up to snuff following that trailer, despite Taxman's words on the former.

Little Planet is not a zone.

Ken specifically said that yes there is a "throwback" zone, but it's plot related.

Oh, okay. Thanks.

Then I'd be tit's the Sky Fortress Zone.

I figured the throwback zone would have to be Sylvania Castle. Even if it's got its own name it's obviously a direct reference, and Ken said the throwback level is how the story unveils. Sylvania Castle happens to be the first level.

Edited by Solly

Yeah, honestly I don't see where the complaints are coming from. It obviously takes elements from Marble Garden and Aquatic Ruin, but for the most part it seems like an original level to me.

Considering the first level seems to always be a throwback level(In most cases with a few exceptions) I'm gonna assume that Sylvania Castle is the throwback stage. Not that it's bad or anything. They've made it different enough. I'm curious about Sky fortress now though. I hope it's very different with maybe one or two references.

Why don't the bubbles float around like they used to? If they didn't roam very much it would still be posible to chain homing attacks on them effectively.

Wait, the first zone is called Sylvania Castle? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

At this point I'm pretty much convinced that Sonic 4 as a whole is some joke fangame by Dimps. Wow, SYLVANIA CASTLE? ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point I'm pretty much convinced that Sonic 4 as a whole is some joke fangame by Dimps. Wow, SYLVANIA CASTLE? ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's so bad about the name? It's pretty original compared to E1. And i like it.
  • Thumbs Up 7

Am I missing a joke here? Either that or it must not be very funny :/

• Thumbs Up 3

Of course! Hydro Ruins Zone or something related to ruins and water would be so much better!

Edited by Tmsp

You can start Sonic 4 with 30 lives if you enter the Konami Code.

Wowww, you must be the only one who thinks Sylvania Castle is a dumb name. It's a million...no *trillion* times better than "Splash Hill Zone" if you ask me.

Have to agree with everyone saying SC is beginning to look less like a rehash. It actually looks a lot more castle like. Undeniably Aquatic Ruin based with some Marble Garden gimmicks (might it be the only place we see Bubbles?), but different enough to differentiate itself.

Brickwork, colour scheme, forested background with mountains further back says Aquatic Ruin. Caste-like features says something new. No denying it's the throwback stage though. I'd guess that they have something very different in mind for Sky Fortress.

Exactly. Not to mention the logs and the foliage in the foreground are the same. This has to be the throwback stage, guys. They've just fleshed out the ruins aspect a bit more.

For those of you guys that think "Sylvania Castle" is a completely original name that does not reference anything or isn't some type of joke or anything:

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Castlevania

We didn't say it didn't reference anything. We only said that it was a more original name in the sonic 4 games than e1. And yes it is quite funny. I still like the name. Edited by Hedgehogs Boost